Can you help with squeeze page?

13 replies
Stuck at 29%! Need to hit at least 40%, beat me up please! :-) thank you very much all : Free Candle Making Guide!
#page #squeeze
  • Profile picture of the author seohenry89
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RAMarketing
      Originally Posted by seohenry89 View Post

      your at 29% optin conversions?
      29% of the people that see that page opt in, but for targeted traffic 40% is always my goal
      I'm trying to get to 100 subs a day, so the 11% is a HUGE difference.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633886].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
        Originally Posted by RAMarketing View Post

        29% of the people that see that page opt in, but for targeted traffic 40% is always my goal
        I'm trying to get to 100 subs a day, so the 11% is a HUGE difference.
        Based on this statement I don't even need to look at your page... you need better "targeted traffic" or you need to "increase" your traffic.

        Basic business maths 101.

        Paul Barrs
        Signature
        **********
        It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
        **********
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633912].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RAMarketing
          Originally Posted by Paul Barrs View Post

          Based on this statement I don't even need to look at your page... you need better "targeted traffic" or you need to "increase" your traffic.

          Basic business maths 101.

          Paul Barrs
          how would increasing traffic up the optin rate? and how do you know how targeted my traffic is?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633932].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
            Originally Posted by RAMarketing View Post

            how would increasing traffic up the optin rate? and how do you know how targeted my traffic is?
            Your goal is to increase your opt-in rate? Why?

            I thought your goal was to increase your subscribers up to 100 a day....

            Focus on the right goal to get the right results.

            Paul
            Signature
            **********
            It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
            **********
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4634037].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author RAMarketing
              Originally Posted by Paul Barrs View Post

              Your goal is to increase your opt-in rate? Why?

              I thought your goal was to increase your subscribers up to 100 a day....

              Focus on the right goal to get the right results.

              Paul
              If it converts better I reach that goal faster with less work and have a higher EPC and ROI; one goal leads to another.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4634095].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author vliddico
        I agree with Split Testing, you can Split Test your Aweber form (just create a 2nd webform then you can set it up) OR Split Test using Google Website Optimizer.
        Simple tests involve:
        Testing the Headline (even just the colour)
        Images
        Offer - What other bonuses or secrets can people get as well as your e-book?

        You want to make sure you let enough traffic run through the test before you change ANYTHING. The smallest alterations will reset your test, so a good guide is to go per 100 or 1000 unique visitors. The best thing about testing is if you increase your % its going to make a massive difference to your list size of time.
        Your Headline needs to be a lot more compelling, its weak...what BENEFITS are people going to get from your book other than creating a candle under 1 hour? What pain are you eliminating...perhaps start with a "how to...remove problem...even if..." play with it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZachWaldman
    29% is rockin' but if you want to try to do better, I always recommend starting by split testing the headline.

    Remember to only change one element at a time when split testing so you know what's responsible for any change in the conversion rate.

    If you don't think you can come up with a better headline, I would suggest making the text bigger or the ebook cover larger.
    Signature
    Zach Waldman - Los Angeles Magician
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Exel
    Indeed the headline is not very good, it displays feature instead of a benefit.
    In my opinion, your sub-headline would be much better as a headline.
    "Make a Candle in Less Than an Hour!" - everybody would want that.

    The layout seems too narrow and the background looks bland and
    unappealing, some darker gradient background would be much nicer.

    There is too much empty space under your copy, you can just turn your
    copy into bullet points which would be easier to read and would fill the
    space. Also just one image of the product is enough.

    On the right hand side you forgot to remove "add your privacy here".

    I would also aline blue arrow above the opt-in form with the text next
    to it, but that's just minor adjustment.

    Best of luck,

    Exel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RAMarketing
    Thanks everyone, going to set up a bunch of split tests today/tomorrow :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    Here is what I would tell you to do "if you were my own brother":

    Split test all of the following:

    1. take out the word "free" which means "cheap"

    2. take out the word "complimentary" which reminds me of rip-off breakfast at over-priced hotels

    3. change those features you have listed into benefits

    4. take off some of that clutter on your form and make it look more clean

    5. drive higher quality traffic




    BTW, the reason it was suggested that you increase your traffic is that your 29% opt-in probably doesn't seem realistic to many people... Having a lot more traffic will give you a more reliable figure.

    But, again that depends on the quality of traffic you are driving.
    Signature

    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4633987].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RAMarketing
      Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

      Here is what I would tell you to do "if you were my own brother":

      Split test all of the following:

      1. take out the word "free" which means "cheap"

      2. take out the word "complimentary" which reminds me of rip-off breakfast at over-priced hotels

      3. change those features you have listed into benefits

      4. take off some of that clutter on your form and make it look more clean

      5. drive higher quality traffic




      BTW, the reason it was suggested that you increase your traffic is that your 29% opt-in probably doesn't seem realistic to many people... Having a lot more traffic will give you a more reliable figure.

      But, again that depends on the quality of traffic you are driving.
      The 29% is with 4000+ hits, all of my traffic is either seo for specific keywords or from other sites in the niche
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4634014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owenlee
    maybe you can list out some of the adv using point form?the bottom part looks abit empty and below the opt-in page has a picture of the ebook...you can try and remove it and test the results...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4634134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Big Al
    Test "screams not whispers".

    Try a totally different design and I'd agree with the guys who said to change your headline. I find your text a little small to read (especially for skim readers) and the right hand side of your page cluttered.

    Personally I'd test versus a different headline, get rid of the box on the right and make the page a little simpler. I'd get rid of the text and change it for bullets that focus on benefits of your freebie.

    Sure - if you change several elements you won't know which part made the difference - but a small change might only make a small % difference a big change might make a big % difference.

    Get a second version up and as someone already said - test it - whack up Google Analytics or Visual Website Optimizer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4634349].message }}

Trending Topics