What is the proper way to rank from article writing?

10 replies
Hi,

I am very new to the internet marketing game and I have only one site that has just been ranked in Google, and I've been reading a lot about writing articles to rank higher. My site is only 5 spots away from the 1st page in Google. I need a step by step guideline on article writing to increase rankings.
#article #proper #rank #writing
  • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
    If you really want to rank your own website from article writing, you need to consistently write high quality articles which inform readers and introduce you to them as an expert, then publish those articles and get them indexed by Google on your own website.

    Once you know Google has indexed them, move forward and publish them on Ezine Articles, giving webmasters the opportunity to find them and also publish them on their context-relevant websites and in their newsletters.

    Also, you should search the internet for blogs and websites in your niche and offer them copies of your articles to publish.

    Doing this will provide you with both targeted traffic and targeted backlinks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4652596].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AngryBird141
      Originally Posted by AnniePot View Post

      If you really want to rank your own website from article writing, you need to consistently write high quality articles which inform readers and introduce you to them as an expert, then publish those articles and get them indexed by Google on your own website.

      Once you know Google has indexed them, move forward and publish them on Ezine Articles, giving webmasters the opportunity to find them and also publish them on their context-relevant websites and in their newsletters.

      Also, you should search the internet for blogs and websites in your niche and offer them copies of your articles to publish.

      Doing this will provide you with both targeted traffic and targeted backlinks.

      Hey, thanks for the lesson! I've been wondering about this subject also and now I have the answer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4652625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DomainKing300
      Originally Posted by AnniePot View Post

      If you really want to rank your own website from article writing, you need to consistently write high quality articles which inform readers and introduce you to them as an expert, then publish those articles and get them indexed by Google on your own website.

      Once you know Google has indexed them, move forward and publish them on Ezine Articles, giving webmasters the opportunity to find them and also publish them on their context-relevant websites and in their newsletters.

      Also, you should search the internet for blogs and websites in your niche and offer them copies of your articles to publish.

      Doing this will provide you with both targeted traffic and targeted backlinks.
      So basically, write articles and publish them to my website. Once they get indexed, then publish those same articles in article directories. Is this what your saying?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4652812].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
        Originally Posted by DomainKing300 View Post

        So basically, write articles and publish them to my website. Once they get indexed, then publish those same articles in article directories. Is this what your saying?
        Yes - that is exactly what I'm saying.

        This thread should help you understand this further, especially the entries from Alexa Smith. She takes the trouble explain the entire process in great detail.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4654501].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author loke
          My suggestion is to write unique articles and post each article to each Web 2.0 property such as tumblr, typepad, weebly, wordpress, blog, blogspot, posterous then RSS, Ping and social bookmark the links. Don't forget to put your target keywords in the articles and link back to your site.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4654746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uebomoyi
    Perhaps you should purchase some private label rights or master resale rights ebooks or video courses explaining how to get your articles ranked. One way I know of to get traffic to your articles is to use a tool called Article Marketing Robot: It's a software that submits your spun article to thousands of directories. What you would do is simply take the URL of an Ezine article you created and then put it in the resource box for the AMR Submission. Within a few days (or some cases, hours) your article would start to rank higher in the search engines, thus driving traffic to your website and hopefully making you some sales. You can also use AMR for your website although you would want to be careful and use a timed submission so that you don't get penalized by Google for getting backlinks too quickly. Hope that helps some...

    James
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4652608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Miguelito203
    Originally Posted by DomainKing300 View Post

    Hi,

    I am very new to the internet marketing game and I have only one site that has just been ranked in Google, and I've been reading a lot about writing articles to rank higher. My site is only 5 spots away from the 1st page in Google. I need a step by step guideline on article writing to increase rankings.
    It's very odd that you're site is only 5 spots from ranking from #1 in Google--unless the keywords you're targeting aren't competitive and don't get much traffic--especially without having written any articles. Article writing is standard practice when you have a blog/niche site. There are tons of advantages to having a blog: residual income - work once but continue to get paid without extra effort, multiple income streams, and working around your own schedule.

    However, it's crucial that you lay the proper foundation and get the right training so that you can reap all the benefits having a blog/niche site has to offer. On the upside, you still have time to learn what you need to know and make the most of the holidays coming up -- the busiest and most profitable time of year for marketers. The key is to have everything up and running so that by the time the holidays get here, you have done all you need to get a can sit back and chill.

    For training, I recommend Unstoppable Affiliate by Andrew Hansen and Josh Stanton. It's an internet marketing training program that uses a realistic approach to teach the beginner marketer how to make the most of his or her blog/niche site. Outside of the basic course, they also offer an optional coaching program you might be interested in.

    Good luck,
    Joey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4652741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BabyMama
    I would do some targeted SEO work on your site. Build some backlinks, perhaps create some web 2.0 sites linking to your sites.

    RSS and Ping submission of your articles can also help to boost your rankings.

    If you are still struggling look at some of the SEO packages available to buy here on the forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4654211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Karan Goel
    Signature
    Penalty Safe, Long Term, 100% Whitehat Backlinks
    Love your site? Then check out SafeSpokes!
    ~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
    karan996@irchiver.com karan997@irchiver.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4654790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Yes, little tip - use the search function. There are HUNDREDS of posts on article marketing in the forum.

    My advice is to look at some of Warrior Alexa Smith's posts on article marketing and how to do this correctly.

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4654949].message }}

Trending Topics