12 replies
Hey guys, what are some of your fav article sites to submit too? Cheers.
#article #sites
  • Profile picture of the author heididene
    squidoo
    articlebase.com
    goarticles.com
    informationbible.com
    ideamarker.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lutherlars
    So from reading that thread you posted, I get the impression that after posting an article to my own site, it is ok to repost it to article sites?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660452].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by lutherlars View Post

      So from reading that thread you posted, I get the impression that after posting an article to my own site, it is ok to repost it to article sites?
      It's ok to post it to article directories.

      Article directories don't require previously unpublished content.

      In addition to the very long thread linked to above, which is a great but tiring read, here are some shorter ones which explain all these "basics of article submission" ...

      This one explains a lot of stuff about "spinning" and why most professional article marketers think it's a waste of time, and based on fallacies and mistaken beliefs about "duplicate content".

      This one explains why it's seriously bad news to create backlinks to article directories.

      This one explains a bit more about article directories and writing for syndication.

      This one is about "unique content" and a bit about link-juice, I think.

      This one is about writing for syndication.

      And in this excellent little article an expert writer/marketer explains "duplicate content" to perfection (and there's more on that blog which will be helpful to you, too).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660572].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lutherlars
        Thanks for all the help here guys.
        For EZA, can my only live link be in the sig box or can i plant one mid article body?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660586].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DeborahDera
        Correction. Not ALL article directories limit you to unique content. If you read the rules, many article directories DO now limit you to previously unpublished content. They are more common than they used to be.

        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        It's ok to post it to article directories.

        Article directories don't require previously unpublished content.

        In addition to the very long thread linked to above, which is a great but tiring read, here are some shorter ones which explain all these "basics of article submission" ...

        This one explains a lot of stuff about "spinning" and why most professional article marketers think it's a waste of time, and based on fallacies and mistaken beliefs about "duplicate content".

        This one explains why it's seriously bad news to create backlinks to article directories.

        This one explains a bit more about article directories and writing for syndication.

        This one is about "unique content" and a bit about link-juice, I think.

        This one is about writing for syndication.

        And in this excellent little article an expert writer/marketer explains "duplicate content" to perfection (and there's more on that blog which will be helpful to you, too).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660712].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by DeborahDera View Post

          Correction. Not ALL article directories limit you to unique content.
          Perhaps you misread what I said, Deborah?

          I said that article directories do NOT require previously unpublished content.

          And they don't.

          Originally Posted by DeborahDera View Post

          If you read the rules, many article directories DO now limit you to previously unpublished content.
          That is incorrect.

          There are many article submission sites refusing to accept previously published content, but they're not article directories.

          It would make very little sense at all for an article directory to require previously unpublished content: that would fundamentally conflict with their role as directories. Ezine Articles (very briefly!) considered this, in something of a state of shock, right after Google's so-called "Panda update", and indeed had a public consultation process with their authors about it, on their blog, mentioning that they were considering it for the first time ever ... but that lasted about a day and a half, as I remember. They rapidly realised - of course - that it was a completely illogical non-starter, and announced very clearly and firmly that they had no such intentions at all. Clearly, it would just make no sense at all.

          As has been discussed here in 100 other threads, the only former "article directory" which anyone knew of which required previously unpublished content was the rather strange one called "Buzzle". But things have now changed, there: it's no longer an "article directory", per se, for article marketing purposes. After Google's famous "Panda update", finding that its bizarre and quite unaccountable policy of accepting only articles not previously published elsewhere had given it absolutely no protection at all from the "Google article directory hammer", it changed its business model entirely. It now no longer any allows any external backlinks at all - not even in a resource-box. So for any article marketing purposes, it really isn't an article directory at all.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4661057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Lim
    There are many things that you can do with your content once you have posted in on your own website.

    You can re-purpose the content into different medium like video, pdf document, viral reports and others so that you can distribute to different distribution website.

    The link that Alexa post contains many golden nuggets and it is definitely worth the investment of time to read through the whole thread

    Zack
    Signature

    FREE Affiliate Marketing Mini Course Reveals The Fastest And Honest Way To Make Your First $1000 Online

    Click Here To Get FREE Instant Access

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chaujka
    Originally Posted by lutherlars View Post

    Hey guys, what are some of your fav article sites to submit too? Cheers.
    Mine are Ezine articles and GoArticles although ezine articles sometimes takes a long while approving articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author albag999
    I like hubpages. This is one of my favourites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mary Wilhite
    Here are some that's dominating Google recently aside from EZA

    1. ArticleSnatch
    2. ArticlePros
    3. IdeaMarketers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4660895].message }}

Trending Topics