Made about $70 so far this month..... hoping to make it to $100!
My conversions are pretty low, 2.5%, so I still need to make some changes.
I also lost out on who knows how much revenue, as my link cloaker was interfering with my amazon link localizer... I had 300 visits to my site from Canada... another lesson learned, just glad I clocked this early enough.
I had 175 visits to my homepage on Friday, which I think is pretty good for a site that's 3 months old.
The traffic trend acording to google is the next 5 months will have the most traffic... so, happy to be ranking on page one, and the top of page two for my main keywords.
So, what advice can I offer to fledgling amazon affiliates... well, there's so much info on here if you do a search... but, here's what comes to mind
1) Choose the right product, something that people will buy.
2) Target buying keywords such as, buy, best, review etc...
3) If you're a complete beginner, I'd recommend buying a good course, there's a few on here.
4) Write good reviews.
5) For SEO, I decided to outsource, I've spent around $120 on SEO for this site. I've done my own also, article marketing, backlinks etc... but I want this ranked in time for Christmas, so It's worth the investment.
6) Don't give up. If you choose a product that people buy, make a nice, informative site, and rank it well on google, you will make sales.
7) Choose a product that's $100 - $300. That said, choosing cheaper products, that sell well will raise your commission.
8) Sign up to all of amazons sites and use the link localizer plugin... and don't use a cloaker such as pretty links, or it won't work.
9) If you're not a designer, pay someone to make a nice banner.
10) Watch the money roll in!
Well, that's my 2 cents... I'm not making huge money, but I can really see the potential now, and my traffic is starting to take off.
There's no better feeling than seeing your site making sales... sometimes really random stuff, someone bought a Cribbage Board today, and another was nice enough to buy a vacuum cleaner worth over $450 last month! My site has nothing to do with either.