The best part is that I didn’t do anything work-related at all yesterday. I took the Saturday off, and I was playing video games all day and made $100 for it.
I'm not writing this to sell you something. I'm writing it as motivation for people that were in my shoes last year. This forum has been the basis for all of the success I've had, and I want to share a little information back.
If you read my earlier posts on the Warrior Forum, in March of this year I made a similar post about how I got my first Amazon cheque… which was for about $100 for an entire month. You can read that post here. 6 months later, I have made that amount in a single day. This is with one single income stream, too. I can't even imagine the possibilities when I branch out into things like list building, which I know I should have been doing long ago. There are also things like AdSense, ClickBank, and a million other ways to make money online.
Want to know how I did it? No matter which method you go with, the basics are the same. Here's how:
- Provide value: At first I just wanted to sell items. If you work in a way that you’re providing valuable info to people, you will see the benefits.
- Work hard: You aren’t going to make money overnight unless you’re extremely lucky. It took me an entire month of work to make my first sale and commission of 97 cents. If you want to make a good, steady income online, you have to tread it like a real job. You have to be willing to put in the work every single day. I am sitting here 8+ hours a day working, researching, etc. If you aren't willing to do that, you're going to have trouble.
- Be okay with making mistakes: I’ve had a lot of missteps in getting to this point. You’re probably going to make mistakes all the time, and that’s okay! If you learn from them, it was not a mistake at all; it was a learning experience that you can apply to to future work.
- Disregard the "make money overnight" sellers!: I can almost guarantee that anyone selling a product that guarantees you quick/easy/overnight cash is outright lying to you, or their method relies on something that will not work long term. Making money online takes actual work and effort, and it's a long-term thing yo u should work toward.
If you set out with a goal of providing great info, you will go far as an affiliate marketer. I’m sure this will apply to those that are creating their own products, as well. If you are providing information, or a good answer to a problem someone has, you’re 75% of the way there. The other 25% is working hard in the correct direction.
On "taking action": People in the internet marketing world often say that “taking action” is the most important part of making money on the internet. While I don’t entirely disagree with this, it is a complete waste of time to take action in the wrong direction. While it’s important to avoid the “paralysis of analysis” trap that almost all new internet marketers fall into, it’s equally important to make sure you understand what you’re getting into before you start railroading down a track. It would be incredibly demoralizing to work on a website for 3 months only to find out that you were trying to sell freezers to Eskimos, or had never heard of Search Engine Optimization before. Taking action is extremely important, but you have to strike a balance between that and making sure you know what you're doing, first.
There are so many people that come here with questions like "I need to make $1000 this month to pay my mortgage! Tell me how!" - this is impossible. This isn't how making money online works if you have never made a cent before. The lucky might be able to pull it off, but the real dough is made over time, and you build yourself up to that point. There are no "get rich quick" schemes to make money online. The sooner you understand this, the better.
I’m posting this not only as a future reminder to myself to how far I’ve come, but also as a motivator for others. Work hard, and provide value, and you’re 3/4 of the way there. I wish everyone here success, and I hope that I continue to have it, as well.