Poll: Why do people quit IM?

68 replies
Let's face it, this is an industry with a really high turnover rate. A lot of people start with a lot of interest only to give it up a few months later, but why? Why do you think people quit/fail?
#people #poll #quit
  • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
    For the majority it seems to be one of these: lack of action, too much information, or fear of failure.

    There are also a few people I have me that have tried and realized it is simply not for everyone. A lot of people around here seem to jump on people that try to quit IM, but IM isn't for everyone. You have to be a good self starter and self motivator. You have to be willing to take the risk and responsibility onto yourself. Not everyone is built to do IM.

    Actually, this seems like a great idea for a blog post, thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4706769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HamEBooks
    Lots of poeple think they simply have to log on, copy an idea that's done thousands of times before and the money will come rolling in. They don't realize it's like a sport; you need a bit of talent, a bit of luck and the drive to keep going.

    “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4706778].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bamstk090
    i don't quit until now

    maybe they quit because fail to get some money
    Not Action Learn Only
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4706781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brentb
    People fail to take action. You do not always need to know exactly what you are doing because nobody ever has a 100% sure thing and could always keep researching, studying, planning etc... successful IMers and entrepreneurs know when its time to put the book down and take a leap.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4706829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMWinner
    Like what I voted in the poll, it is the lack of dedication that I personally believed why people quit in IM. Most people often believed that there is instant money in the IM business, and are often disappointed every time their expectation to earn some money are slow and usually takes some time. Actions are often active during the start and the early period after people are into the IM business but will become stagnant after they are discouraged with the result.
    They seem to really expect that they will be earning money when they would go into the IM world. This is mostly the common reason why they quit, especially when they are not earning as to what they have been expecting to earn.
    Internet Marketing is NOT for everyone, as it is proven that NOT all people who tried the IM world really lasts since most of them quit and returned to their former jobs. It is an industry and same as our daytime work, it requires a person's dedication to really set himself to focus and spends his/her time to learn and improve himself to the things that should be done in the business.
    Person also needs to implement to himself a discipline to really set time for work, and a time to learn some new information or ideas in the IM business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4706932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
    There are three things you need to succeed:

    1. Persistence
    2. Persistence
    3. Persistence

    Will
    Signature
    Whether you are a Reader, an Author or a Website Owner, we have something for you!

    Books that Inspire
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4706951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author drmani
      In a blog post some years back, I explored why 'successful'
      online marketers quit... and that's a different group than
      those who quit BEFORE they find success!

      Sometimes, after being a guru for awhile, tough questions arise, demanding
      answers. In trying to find them, one becomes philosophical. Or gives up
      and quits. Or keeps going on ignoring the questions.

      Maybe that's the real reason why you don't see many gurus stay on at the
      top of their game for extended periods. The questions get troublesome,
      bothersome, tougher all the time.

      A guru only has to bother about HOW to teach something to students. A
      philosopher worries about the WHY... and has to find a convincing reason.

      A guru charges what the coaching or education is worth. A philosopher
      worries about the value of that same training to the student... and about
      how s/he can afford it.

      A guru blithely uses mind-control marketing tactics to scare and seduce,
      with the aim of getting more students. A philosopher is more cautious,
      knowing not everyone is cut out for the same kind or level of success.

      A guru is largely in control of a highly profitable juggernaut. A
      philosopher is not concerned as much about making money as about
      making meaning.

      Not every guru becomes a philosopher.

      Philosophers have a lot of influence.

      But not always a lot of money!


      All success
      Dr.Mani
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4707142].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
        Originally Posted by drmani View Post

        In a blog post some years back, I explored why 'successful'
        online marketers quit... and that's a different group than
        those who quit BEFORE they find success!


        All success
        Dr.Mani
        I agree with that progression, BUT I don't think there's an alternative path that a Guru can take besides Philosopher.

        Bill Phillips is the classic Guru>Philosopher. For those who don't know, he started EAS and sold it for $150M. It's now owned by Abbott. He also wrote the best selling fitness book of all time, Body For Life. In his day, he was a hardcore direct marketer and self-promoter. Now, he has a totally different approach, rarely recommending the supplements he used to pitch so much.

        But back on track, I think a lot of Gurus turn into Promoters and/or just "lost" gurus. You see this with a lot of Gurus from the early 2000's. Some have continued to innovate and just taken their businesses to a higher level. But there are a handful that have lost their edge. They haven't been in the trenches for a long time so they continue to "stay in touch" witt their list by just sending out promotions. At the same time, they are looking for another thing to start-up, but not finding the same success they did with early IM.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4708227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Will Edwards View Post

      1. Persistence
      2. Persistence
      3. Persistence
      Amen. : ) Almost anything can be overcome with persistence.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4709325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quyasspk
    I think its lack of dedication.only few people keep trying after lot of failures.So understanding the world of Internet is only possible by practicing and common sense with full of dedication.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4707245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulSolid
    Banned
    i believe lack of dedication...giving up as soon they face a little challenge.
    Not knowing that the same way you dedicate to any offline business so also you
    will have to be dedicate to your IM Business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4707271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MayfairNoble
    I voted lack of dedication. So many people give up on something that could be amazing, just on the cusp of success, because something got in their way.
    Signature

    Mayfair Noble

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4708134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Newman8r
    Good points in this thread...

    I think there's an IM 'hump' that people need to make it over, after a few months they may start to see a small return and at that point they can either quit because it's too much work or keep going and actually turn that small trickle of income into something bigger.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4709306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Hart
    Its easier to quit than it is to succeed
    Signature

    I'm On Google + ------------- and of course Also On Twitter

    "The only thing thats keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself about why you can't have it"- Tony Robbins

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4709341].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    Some people are meant to work for themselves, while others are meant to work for somebody else.

    Some people do not have the discipline to run their own business. Others have the discipline, but just can't figure out accounting. While others lack the brain power to comprehend putting a system together and executing it.

    There are many reasons why people quit and it is not limited to just IM. People try and fail things all the time... IM, golf, tennis, prostitution, whatever.
    Signature
    My New Video Series is Free (for now)
    Crazy good marketing tips from the founder of JVZoo.
    Get EBR 365 Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4709382].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Lack of knowledge
      Lack of dedication
      Using poor systems/ bad advice
      Money isn't as easy as promised
      For me all those options seem like “excuses.” (And I'm certain some people will use them like that.) Especially “easy money.”

      I think it’s a person's responsibility whether they succeed or fail in “IM.”
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4709486].message }}
    • Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      Some people are meant to work for themselves, while others are meant to work for somebody else.
      I agree with this. Some people are just not cut for the entrepreneurial way. It's not about "lack of discipline", it's not about "information overload", it's not about "lack of system", etc. It's just whether you are cut to be an entrepreneur (and all it's attached to it) or not.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676304].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4709404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    I think it comes down to self belief.

    Belief defines your actions which defines your outcome.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4709448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    I think E. Brian Rose and Mani covered some interesting elements.

    I've quit various forums of IM over the years that were successfully making me money.

    The reason - Lack of interest.

    It's one thing to have the dream of working from home for yourself but the reality is not always as rosey as you think.

    I get bored easily and I'm a 'people person'. I like to be around people and work with people, so when I've been "living the dream" working at home on my own just doing IM I found it really boring after a while and I would look for reasons to get out of the house. I was going to the gym, writing books, helping offline businesses - as many things to get out and around other people as I could.

    Sometimes when you get what you want you find it's not as great as you thought.

    The same as traveling - I've been all over the world and the thing that made ALL the difference about my experiences there - the people I was with.

    Life is short and often it's when you find success that you question what's next - that often makes you think about whether what you got is really what you want and many times it's not.

    You could make a full time living doing something you don't like but that's not what I call success.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4710439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MatthewNeer
    Ya gotta live the lifestyle man. Eat, sleep and breath this stuff.
    Signature
    Three (3) Income Streams DFY
    New FREE Website Builds Your List
    And Earns From 3 Income Streams
    http://ListLeverage.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4710544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lilach
    Interesting poll.

    I personally think the problem stems from all the people selling products/training saying how "easy and quick" it is to make money. The reality is VERY different. It's hard work and a few lucky ones get quick results, the majority don't.

    So the ones who don't think they're not doing well, start to panic. Start buying endless products/training, then get information overwhelm and feel a complete failure and give up.

    When people start to realise there are NO get rich quick schemes and that you have to work bloody hard, you have to be disciplined with your time and be prepared to learn new skills only then will they succeed.

    Of course it helps if you get off your arse and actually do something
    Signature
    Want to get more traffic to your website? Download my FREE ebook and start watching your traffic multiply
    If you want excellent results, more business and better visibility check out my blog and steal my free killer tips
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4710706].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      I'm actually grateful because of all the "hype" and promises of easy riches. Because otherwise I would have probably never got started. : ) (And I did make relatively easy money to begin with.) Now I'm doing it because it interests me: And I enjoy helping people.

      Originally Posted by Lilach View Post

      Of course it helps if you get off your arse and actually do something
      Actually, to succeed at IM, you have to sit on your ass all day.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4710881].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author drmani
        Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post


        Actually, to succeed at IM, you have to sit on your ass all day.
        No, you don't... and in fact, you shouldn't!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4712406].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
          Originally Posted by drmani View Post

          No, you don't... and in fact, you shouldn't!
          Just a joke Drmani.
          Signature
          "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4715559].message }}
        • Great infographic @drmani
          Signature
          I have been link building since 1984.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716521].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
            All of these “reasons” can be overcome by one simple thing.

            "Keep.
            Taking.
            Action."

            (Because then you will inevitably succeed.) Unless you're not (mostly) enjoying the process in which case maybe it's time to change something.

            Keep going. Change your approach. Learn from "failure." And, don't let anyone tell you that you can't achieve something. That's my advice to the average marketer/newbie/whatever. : )
            Signature
            "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marcuslim
    Ya I think people get disillusioned. They start off with this huge promise of IM bringing them overnight riches with little effort, the dream that money grows on trees. Then when reality hits, and they don't get what they dreamt about, they head off and look for something else. The lesson is to stop dreaming and start doing. Money does grow on trees, but first you need to put in the effort to grow the money tree!
    Signature

    Please read the forum rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4711548].message }}
    • I am one who "quit" about a year ago for a good month or so (wasn't making any money, so it didn't hurt my biz anyway).

      Started reading A LOT. Re-evaluated my past actions and realized that I did not have a business plan written down. Keeping it in my mind was not enough for me.

      This time around, I wrote it ALL down - everything I was going to do to achieve my goal, which was making money!

      So, from my perspective, not having a written business plan or action plan, etc. was the reason I quit.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4712047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tarrbrothers
    I think the reason people quit is because it is not easy to start out. It takes work and effort and for 95% of people who start IM they do it for easy money and when it doesn't happen right away they give up
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4712086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Suthan M
    i ran a number of offline workshops, and i know for a fact that most women entrepreneurs who stopped do it becouse:

    1. Too busy with taking care of their kids/life etc
    2. Husbands asks to stop..

    And i am not kidding here.. Serious!

    So, what about the men?

    Well, they dont really keep in touch and tell me why.. But i reckon it has to do with their ego. They come to a stumbling block and are too shy to ask for help. And when the going gets tough, they simply give up.

    This is from my own personal experience from where i am so culture and social roles might have impacted this decision making. Results might vary.. but this is the realistic experience of mine teaching online entrepreneurship to the masses..
    Signature

    Whats the latest movie you watched? Anything good?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4712125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
    I was thinking about this yesterday and I started in IM when I was 26, before I had kids. Didn't have kids until I was 30 and now I have 3.

    And I give a lot of props to people that start AFTER they have kids. I put in long hours back then and now work quite a bit less just because I have less time overall.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4715590].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PatriciaJ
      It's the same in offline information publishing or business opportunities. A lot expect easy money because of the hype and they fail because they can't or don't want to invest the time or effort in themselves.

      Another reason for giving up or failing is that not everybody is cut out to run their own business. No matter how hard they try it just doesn't work for them - it isn't their fault.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4715655].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
        Hi Patricia.

        What would you say is the difference between people are aren't “cut out” to run a successful online business and those who are? (I kind of think anyone can be successful but I could be wrong.)

        Cheers.
        Signature
        "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4715695].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Ryan David
          I think it'd be hard to nail down a reason why people are successful in IM. It's probably a combo of:
          • Optimism--Believe it can be done.
          • Dilligence--Carry things out without procrastinating.
          • Computer saavy--Know enough to at least be dangerous.
          • Marketing Knowledge--This is a big one. For some people, they understand why things are being done. Some people are just suckers. Which leads to..
          • Appropriate Skepticism--Most of the people that I know that are succesful online did not get scammed a bunch of times before hitting it big. They were able to discern between good products and garbage. Even without knowing anything about marketing.
          • A little luck--I think getting some early momentum is a BIG help.
          • Laziness--Just enough to not want to go through the grind everyday to pay the bills.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4715750].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4715954].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Azarna
      Just look at how many things promise almost instant financial success. Its all 'make thousands over night!' or 'Three click system for money galore', over and over.

      People are opportunists. They jump at this. And then find out that it is a lie - you need to apply time and effort, a lot of it.

      There are no get rich quick schemes.

      But when people are being sold things that claim there are, well, they will give up and feel it is impossible very quick
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716094].message }}
  • There is tooo much information. Overload!
    Signature
    I have been link building since 1984.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shekinah
    All that has been said is clearly why i started IM. Good to read of the many reasons that can make me quit so now I can change my mindset and work smart.
    Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716546].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by savvybizbuilder View Post

      Info-graphic explains it all.
      Didn't see the point of it at all.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    That secret never before seen push button software didn't make me the $315,502.16 in 30 days just as the vendor did.

    -Chris
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716806].message }}
  • I think most want instant results and being a business owner myself, I know this is not possible. But as long as you have a vision, patience, perseverance and guidance such as you get here on the Warrior Forum you will succeed. Don't give up, the rewards are too great.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jared581
    I think a lot of new people are introduced to IM through an ad that promises easy money. That is how I got started.

    I clicked on some ad on Facebook out of boredom and joined a training program. The money is definitely not as easy as advertised, but I love doing this so much that two years has passed by very quickly!

    Jared
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4716930].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JROC777
      Think it also has a lot to do with the human condition, for the most part we are all brought up under the notion that we will grow up and get a job period. Little influence is provided to take command of our own lives and apply our acquired knowledge towards our own personal success. A regular job with a steady pay check is what some people must have to feel secure. It's all they have ever known so making the jump to the uncertainty of IM is a difficult transition.

      I also think that many jump in when they are already in desperation mode, caught up in the hype without a proper plan. The old saying holds true in my books failing to plan in planning to fail.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4717193].message }}
  • Its hard to imagine the amount of effort and level of persistence needed to make an online business work. As a society we are so busy trying to make a living it is difficult to get beyond that to do more than just make a living working for someone else.

    People aren't will to give up the video games and television to put the time into study and development. They want to make more money or become self employed but it takes work on top of your J-O-B and that can be tough.

    Then there are the naysayers. The ones who can't believe you are doing what!! You spent what!! Your trying to do what!!

    If you succeed you will prove them wrong and nobody wants to be wrong. All that negativity can sink anyone if given a chance. Remember, those naysayers want you right down there with them. Working 9 - 5. They don't want you to break free of that because then they are just going to feel all that much worse because they haven't done it.

    Dave
    Dave's Ghostwriting Services: Ghostwriting Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4718213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SarahAl
    DRMANI, love the photos hon!

    I personally think that people quite because they lose faith, I was about to quite simply because I wasn`t seeing results but then again, I wasn`t taking action?!

    I was quite stupid back then, I have a TON of knowledge, you guys, I can be an expert! But even with that, I had no results, WHY? = no action!!!

    Simple as that.

    People shouldn`t quite, UNLESS they did A LOT of action with NO RESULTS.

    But seriously, why is that ? ? ?

    People shouldn`t quit, they should just contact me
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4718291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author funkynassau
    I think there's a good percentage who quit because it's too much like work, they want something for nothing, and it sure doesnt work that way.
    Signature

    ChipFixx custom mixed auto touchup paint kits.
    http://www.chipfixx.ca

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4719084].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LarryW
      I haven't quit, and I don't plan to quit. But I have not done well so far, and I have a few thoughts on why or where I am not doing right (which may be why others do quit?).

      I did fall for the ClickBank sales pitches, and then *had* to get all of the upsells too (so it would be certain to work, right?).... oh dear. I would buy another product before even looking over the prior ... and I ended up with several piles of crap, and how was I to see if one or two in there might work? I was too new to even know what some of them were talking about - what their trick was for. Why do that, when? Or if it was not worth any time regardless.

      My WSO buying spree has been different but similar... I am sure I bought a lot of great ideas and products, and a few not so good. But I am not giving each there due, I mean to say I do not put in time & effort to try these, before moving on.

      You can see a few faults I imagine. One is that I am too easily distracted by the next thing. And/or I did not try hard enough with (any) one method. So do we fault all of the WSO producers for offering too many good things... overload is overwhelming ... well that is part of the trouble but it is more like my problem is lack of focus. And if I start something and it gets tough, it is too easy to think another way might be easier (so buy a different WSO!).

      I really wanted to be doing Affiliate Marketing, and I will. One week it is Amazon. But today it was a WSO with a WP plugin for Clickbank. Oh- what is CPA all about, I can research that today, and tomorrow... When I stop thinking about Offline possibilities well maybe I can go figure out SEO and help myself and others...

      Well there is so much I do want to learn. And I will! But I know Step by Step is the only way.... so lately I have Niche lessons for building authority sites. If only I can stop thinking that publishing on Kindle is better. (yes I can do both, if I do one at a time).

      I hope I quit bouncing around and make some money soon. I have lots of material to help me, I need a little action to go along with the studies = that is how Learning really happens. I need to Earn while I learn.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5652193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AC21DJ
    People quit for several reasons.

    1) Realized it was to much work.
    2) Got to much information too quickly and became overwhelmed.
    3) Wanted instant money and thought they could make it overnight.
    4) Thought IM isn't actually a skill and anyone can do it.
    5) They treat IM like it is a hobby and not a job.

    Aaron
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5652656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MP80
      In a nutshell... Because they are not cut-out for it.













      (Lol, help.. I'm in a nutshell! )
      Signature
      Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
      Most people get into internet marketing in one way or another to make some easy money.

      The smart people realize there is no easy money and settle down to develop some real skills.

      The really smart people begin to focus on the most important key to success...genuinely serving others.


      People who quit usually do so because they're not making money.

      And they're not making money because they haven't developed any skills or information that can genuinely help others.

      Kindest regards,
      Andrew Cavanagh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I just checked all of the boxes in the poll. Took me years to reach an understanding about internet marketing -- in terms of having success with it on a daily basis, and testing and tracking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653473].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richard78
      Some people thought that they can make money overnight. When they try for weeks or months and not seeing any results, most of them will give up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tabasc07
    I wouldn't really say there is a lack of knowledge. However, information can be wrong. Also, with the plethora of information out there, people will feel overwhelmed and that could possibly be the brick wall in their path.

    I would pick it is a lack of dedication. When it comes to being an entrepreneur, those who lack dedication will get weeded out. People drop out just as quickly as they come in simply because they can't handle it. If they fail, then it is immediately labeled as something that doesn't work. Those who are truly dedicated see failure as an opportunity to fix what went wrong and make it successful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author poweruphosting
    I was surprised at the results of this poll so far.

    Clearly if there is lack of effort you will not yield the results necessary to motivate you to keep going. I think lack of effort is definitely the culprit in more ways than 1.

    -JB
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edlund88
    I believe that most people start with im because they think it will just be "easy money" and they dont have to work for it. And when they learn or find out that you really have to make real effort and work hard for it, they get discouraged, and they dont take action and eventually they will give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author poweruphosting
      Originally Posted by Edlund88 View Post

      I believe that most people start with im because they think it will just be "easy money" and they dont have to work for it. And when they learn or find out that you really have to make real effort and work hard for it, they get discouraged, and they dont take action and eventually they will give up.
      Definitely there is a chain of events that goes on. It seems like if you try and fail right away (which 99% do) then you start to snowball right back down to earth.
      Reality is, it's tough to make money online in IM or anything else. Definitely harder if you're not even trying!

      -JB
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nohypo
    treat it as one easy job, but actually it is not, at least for beginner
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5653928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LetsGoViral
    Let's see:
    1) It is HARD. You are competing against people from all over the world.
    2) It requires specific knowledge. There is tons of info out there, but also tons of rehashed content that works in theory, but the reality is much different.
    3) It takes time. If you are starving you need money RIGHT NOW not in 3 months.
    4) It takes some SKILLS. Mostly technical and writing/English skills.
    Signature
    Time of thinking is over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676306].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edward Floyd
    There's an abundance of good solid useful information on these forums which anyone can use to make money. I think that a lot of people get disheartened if their first attempt doesn't quite work and give up. And that's probably really it. If you persist at anything long enough you've got to succeed eventually!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676309].message }}
  • For those who quit IM i think one reason would be impatient! Could not wait any longer for them to succeed. Couldn't take the pressure and kept thinking of failing.

    The key is to be persistent,believe in your abilities and have faith.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bam2bam
    drmani great graphics and yes.... that is one of the greatest problems... sitting whole day behind your desk and do nothing than staring at your monitor... and after a while you want to go outside but you have to take action.... action behind your desk...
    Signature
    An Incredible $200 Value Report - FREE! Building A List Now
    BRAINDEAD money making Workshops The PLR Cashblowout
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676317].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrick Kelly
    Hi

    As a result of seeing that next great offer and being captured by its shine we become diverted from the work that is necessary to establish a firm foundation. As the shine wears off the recently purchased offer you think, "this is not working, I need to find something else (more shiny than the WSO that is gathering dust in the corner and becoming increasingly dull)"

    It takes work before our hard work and effort enters 'partial auto-pilot'!

    cheers, Patrick
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aliasjackjones
    Too much information.
    Too much crappy information.
    Lack of vision.
    Lack of persistence,action and motivation.
    Signature
    Budding writer, PM me if you want a FREE sample article written.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author werpetalpushers
    People give up too easily. People want instant gratification, but IM takes hard work, patience, and dedication.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Ning Lo
    People leave IM because they don't understand that you need to fail many times before being successful.

    Cheers,

    GNL
    Signature
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scottsihm
    It is important from whom we learn. We will be lucky if we can get the right mentor who can guide us through.
    Signature
    Learn How To Make Money At Home Online
    Get Advice, Tips And Guide On Niche Marketing

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6676842].message }}

Trending Topics