Are the fiverr clones worth it?

48 replies
Do you guys use any fiverr clones and if so what kind of experience have you had on them? Lot of sales, not many, months to get sales, or days, any payout issues etc...?
#clones #fiverr #worth
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    It depends on which one you join. Some of them don't get much traffic and it is a waste of time.

    Others get tons of traffic and you can get sales.

    Still others (I won't mention any names) get tons of traffic AND promote their members gigs for them so their members make even more money and the owner makes money also.

    If you join the top 10 micro job sites and post on all of them, you will make sales. Here is the current list:

    http://sites-similar-to-fiverr.info/fiverr-clones
    Signature

    Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
    Most of the clones suck.. and most of them have little to no activity.. i guess it is the same thing with every other clone product out there.

    If you are figuring out whether to start a similar site, my advice is... dont.
    Signature

    >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720356].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashtree
      Originally Posted by YasirYar View Post

      Most of the clones suck.. and most of them have little to no activity.. i guess it is the same thing with every other clone product out there.

      If you are figuring out whether to start a similar site, my advice is... dont.
      I don't want to make a clone I want to utilize more than fiverr to make $$ i've had 2 fiverr sales so far, and 1 guy asked for a refund, other hasn't even looked at the product yet.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720402].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
        Originally Posted by cashtree View Post

        I don't want to make a clone I want to utilize more than fiverr to make $$ i've had 2 fiverr sales so far, and 1 guy asked for a refund, other hasn't even looked at the product yet.
        OK in that case, create an account on as many clones as you can, you never know, those sales might come crashing in
        Signature

        >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raja Kamil
    look at their alexa rank. If their rank is good, it shows you, they have large audience.
    As most marketplace, more traffic mean more money...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bamstk090
    not worth for me
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashtree
      Originally Posted by bamstk090 View Post

      not worth for me
      You're probably a superstar pulling in hundreds a day, unfortunately i'm not, but maybe one day. So I guess i'll be registering everywhere to give it a go.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720525].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bamstk090
        Originally Posted by cashtree View Post

        You're probably a superstar pulling in hundreds a day, unfortunately i'm not, but maybe one day. So I guess i'll be registering everywhere to give it a go.
        good luck with that
        i advise you to focus at fiverr
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashtree
    Originally Posted by precious007 View Post

    I'm not sure if anyone is cashing big with Fiverr,
    let alone all the clones that are launched every single
    day .
    other threads people have claimed to pull hundreds a week for years, to me that's pretty impressive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720560].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
      Originally Posted by cashtree View Post

      other threads people have claimed to pull hundreds a week for years, to me that's pretty impressive.
      I own a top 10 clone and I can attest to that fact. I have members that make hundreds weekly
      Signature

      Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720614].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cashtree
        Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

        I own a top 10 clone and I can attest to that fact. I have members that make hundreds weekly
        Ladies and gentlemen, we just had a high roller step out from the shadows Now I must search all your posts to find out what your "secret sauce" to success is. Thank you sir.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashtree
    Wow when you said you owned a fiverr clone, you weren't joking...is a spitting image, looks like someone snuck into their db and took a gander at their source
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720658].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashtree
      Originally Posted by thekaver View Post

      fiverr is exallant! id stick with fiverr its a tried and tested resourse
      yeah I plan on it, but want to try other clones too, diversify, a lot of people want to get "rich" off 1 thing, me, I understand the concept of a little bit spread out at a lot of places, combined, can equal a lot.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720717].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
        Originally Posted by cashtree View Post

        yeah I plan on it, but want to try other clones too, diversify, a lot of people want to get "rich" off 1 thing, me, I understand the concept of a little bit spread out at a lot of places, combined, can equal a lot.
        You are right on the money cash (I guess that's why you call yourself cashtree)

        Diversity is the only free lunch. You can't go wrong by spreading your gig out all over the place.

        I have already went through the entire process. I had a VERY successful gig on fiverr.

        I then put those successful gigs up on all the clones to see if it would work. I did very well on the clones. It balances out. I had MORE orders on fiverr, but when I put them up for more on the clones, I charged more and it balanced out.

        I then put 2 and 2 together. If I owned my own clone and sold my own stuff I wouldn't have to give anyone else a cut.

        The real secret sauce is you have to advertise your own gig whether it is on a clone or not
        Signature

        Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720769].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author cashtree
          Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

          You are right on the money cash (I guess that's why you call yourself cashtree)

          Diversity is the only free lunch. You can't go wrong by spreading your gig out all over the place.

          I have already went through the entire process. I had a VERY successful gig on fiverr.

          I then put those successful gigs up on all the clones to see if it would work. I did very well on the clones. It balances out. I had MORE orders on fiverr, but when I put them up for more on the clones, I charged more and it balanced out.

          I then put 2 and 2 together. If I owned my own clone and sold my own stuff I wouldn't have to give anyone else a cut.

          The real secret sauce is you have to advertise your own gig whether it is on a clone or not
          Nice! Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harrietfredge
    Hello to cashtre?

    One would hope that if cloning were allowed, the clones would be defined as people. If there is no sold items in the list chances are its not worth selling.

    (?)
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720850].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mariomvr
    Probably this is not the answer that you were looking for but I honestly I wouldn't even spend time on those websites. I mean $5! Really, is that how much your time is worth? Why not set up a real service where you can charge high fees and provide a quality service?

    Just my 2 cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720858].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashtree
      Originally Posted by mariomvr View Post

      Probably this is not the answer that you were looking for but I honestly I wouldn't even spend time on those websites. I mean $5! Really, is that how much your time is worth? Why not set up a real service where you can charge high fees and provide a quality service?

      Just my 2 cents
      Because think of it this way, if you sell a product it takes you 2 seconds to upload to the customer and boom you're done. If you sell a service, hopefully it's automated or doesn't take that long, and boom another order done. Plus $5(or 3 sometimes I believe after fiverrr or whoever and paypal take their fee's) can really add up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenn1288
    I have never tried Fiverr Clones, But there are lots of people I know who did it and earn like hundred bucks a day.
    Signature

    Get your Visitors trust..Increase CTR, Increase Search Engine Ranking with Solid OnPage SEO. Make your site looks more professional--visit Silver Dream Web

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashtree
      Originally Posted by kenn1288 View Post

      I have never tried Fiverr Clones, But there are lots of people I know who did it and earn like hundred bucks a day.
      That's what i'm talking about, what can you do with 3,000 extra a month? I could do a lot, like SAVE.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danix7
    I personally have had two bad experiences using fiverr,and won't be using them again or not for now at least unless i get recommended of a good gig.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4720953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flexluther
    Just started a new fiverr type of website will see how it goes. I will let you all know with a progress report.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4725452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ronaldmd
    Originally Posted by cashtree View Post

    Do you guys use any fiverr clones and if so what kind of experience have you had on them? Lot of sales, not many, months to get sales, or days, any payout issues etc...?
    Nope. Most of them have unique visitors less than 5000 a month. I guess you're lucky if you can get 10 orders each month and that's less than $50.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4725857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mus1402
    Yes, I think fiverr clones are worth of your time. You just need to know how to pick the right one
    Signature
    7 Online Scams EXPOSED
    Don't spend another dime on income opportunities until you read this.

    COMPLETED FIVERR CLONE SITES LIST: http://fiverralternative.blogspot.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4755640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
    There are good and bad ones. From my points of view, no matter what clone you buy, if you actually want to make it something, you will need to invest a fortunate because their main target is commercial and they are not concerned about how good is the script as long as it sell.

    you can find a comparison of all fiverr clone scripts here : Fiverr Alternatives
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4756128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lastreporter
    Don't know anything about them. I'm interested in finding out.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4756134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author triojobss
    Banned
    They are average, you won't get much from the clones compared to Fiverr.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4756553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mary Wilhite
    If you are a buyer, be careful of the clones. Specially the ones
    that say "Still in Beta".

    Some sites will suddenly shut down and declare that they
    are down for maintenance and if you've got several orders
    you'll end up wasting money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4756575].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Oggyoi
      I don't use any of the clone sites, they get such little traffic and gigs.
      Signature

      SEO Agency spending $1k a month? PM for details.
      Best PBN Hosting www.tiptopcrew.com
      https://www.warriorforum.com/warrior...king-bank.html

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4756624].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AndhikaWijaya
        Originally Posted by Oggyoi View Post

        I don't use any of the clone sites, they get such little traffic and gigs.
        I'm agree!
        Signature
        Let me and my digital marketing agency help you to growth your sales and scaleup your digital business with affordable Warriors Price - Let's Talk by Skype
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4757180].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GardeniaShrub
      Originally Posted by Mary Wilhite View Post

      If you are a buyer, be careful of the clones. Specially the ones
      that say "Still in Beta".

      Some sites will suddenly shut down and declare that they
      are down for maintenance and if you've got several orders
      you'll end up wasting money.
      Fiverr says "beta" right at the top next to their logo...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4758219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joekoffi
    I use just Fiverr alone! Others are very slow
    Signature
    Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers, Revealing unknown killer Affiliate Marketing tricks for Bloggers. Special Discount: WF17
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4756629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Kage
    Yeah, Fiverr is good but I know some warriors have launched their own Fiverr site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4757079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeanSupplee
    I would say no. No one ever got rich by coping someone else's idea that's already in action and hugely successful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4758230].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashtree
      Originally Posted by SeanSupplee View Post

      I would say no. No one ever got rich by coping someone else's idea that's already in action and hugely successful.
      facebook did... and so did myspace before it, and frienster before that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4770541].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LOM
    It's like the law of averages. I'm sure if you put enough gigs up you're guaranteed to start making some income. Let's just hope it's a good ratio!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4758254].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
    Logically, you would assume more postings on more Fiverr-type sites would equal more sales, right? A good friend who has been working that model, tells me it's mostly all Fiverr generated gigs, and she has seen very little from the other sites, but ymmv.
    _____
    Bruce NewMedia
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4763477].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
      Originally Posted by brucerby View Post

      Logically, you would assume more postings on more Fiverr-type sites would equal more sales, right? A good friend who has been working that model, tells me it's mostly all Fiverr generated gigs, and she has seen very little from the other sites, but ymmv.
      _____
      Bruce NewMedia

      Well, that's strange because when I took my same gigs I had on fiverr and then did the SAME marketing strategy on the same gig but on a clone, I got more total money from the clones

      It's all about the marketing
      Signature

      Health and Fitness niche Affiliate Program | High CTR/EPC | Personal Account Manager 24/7 support https://influencer.bulksupplements.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4763807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elle Davies
    Personally I think signing up to as many as possible to begin with is a great idea. Out of 10 you register with, 3 might become the ones you get the most sales on, so you can start using those ones more.

    You're increasing your chances by signing up to more, so why not go for it - they only take seconds to set up don't they?

    Elle
    Signature
    Need an Expert 'ENGLISH NATIVE' GhostWriter?
    I'm offering my personal services on Fiverr for $5,
    Click Here Now to reveal A* reviews left by others.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4770368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    I am on seven clones right now. Yeah, I did say seven. Sales are zero. They do not have as much traffic as FIVerr, but some have better terms or more flexibility for you. Hope the clones do well, or we could be stuck with an EBAY scenario. That means a poor service company. Monopolistic "only game in town" mind set is the main reason amazon is growing.

    Ebay, is an example of what can happen if FIVerr does not get any competition from the copies. They will get sloppy and stop caring.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4770447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
    From those I've looked at theres very little feedback for featured gigs and the like which suggests that there isn't much traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4770531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    I bought one, I forget which one, well actually I ended up buying three or so of them till I found something, then I turned around to have a coder add all kinds of stuff and cost me 500 bucks in the end.

    Not only that but I got up doing great, this was a couple of years ago and fiverr gets most of our clones locked by paypal saying we were in trademark infringement, mine was usiing the word gig. I got prepaid legal and the attorney assured me fiverr did not have the trademark and make me a letter I sent to paypal. Took 45 days. They still have pending on there site for the word gig, you can't trademark a dictionary name.

    Then after that I got hit with the google updates and wasn't even found on google.

    So much for my 500 bucks.

    P.S. I still have the domain name buyagig.com and i'm not married to it. lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8491432].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author footbag_man
    Originally Posted by cashtree View Post

    Do you guys use any fiverr clones and if so what kind of experience have you had on them? Lot of sales, not many, months to get sales, or days, any payout issues etc...?
    I work on fiverr a lot and have set up a lot of gigs on clone sites but have never had any success.

    Fergal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Al amin
    Clone nothing can do. It's all about how you promote your site and get potential client.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8492023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wenbedma
    well like everything in this world, it depends on whom you ask. I went into fiverr exile two weeks ago but since i needed those gigs to ran my business i registered for two fiverr copycats and after spending a few dollars without any positive thing to say or write about these services i am back on fiverr
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8608779].message }}

Trending Topics