Shall I look for New Job or Start doing Online Business??

46 replies
Hi All,

Unfortunately I have lost my software job due to some valid reason.. But Im still really not unhappy since I feel that now I've got a chance to do Online Marketing..

Im really very much crazy over Internet Marketing but I never find time much to work on it before, but since I love this business somehow I was able to earn money by providing some services in fiverr (say $300/month just spending 1-2 hrs daily).

I really had a gr8 knowledge on Internet Marketing, but to say frankly I didnt start experimenting doing different types of marketing yet due to lack of time.. Since I have lost my job thinking to make this online marketing as a FULL TIME.. My age is just 25, my parents are forcing me to do job since they have no idea abt my online business and they're not getting confident though Im saying them that I could definitely make some $2000 to $5000 per month (ofcourse not immediately happens) thrugh online business..

Once I start doing this online business, I cannot get my job again and I lose interest too on it...

So what're your suggestions or opinions..

waiting for.....

[EDITED] I don't have an interest to do job now... The reason Im not intersted for choosing JOB again because Im not finding time to learn more about IM, but I really had a dream to learn and do more things in IM.. AT THE END, MY GOAL IS TO BECOME AN ONLINE MARKETER..

It seems many suggested me to get a JOB first and then do IM as a part-time, but the problem is Im not finding time to do BOTH.. and Im thinking in this way: "Anyhow my Ulitmate Goal is IM, so what makes the difference in doing IM right now?? instead of after few years?"

"And the other prob I cannot chose IM later since after few years Im going to get married, so I cant take risk of chosing IM as a FULL TIME at that time.."

BUT IF I CHOSE NOW 'IM', AFTER 1 YEAR Iam SURE THAT I WILL BE ALMOST LIKE A KING IN ONLINE MARKETING.. AM I WRONG?? (Since I already gained a lot of knowledge about IM since 2 yrs.... )
#business #job #online #start
  • Profile picture of the author Harmony
    Hi gillw,

    It sound like you know what you really want to do. Your parents of course want the best for you, so to them means get a j.o.b. But I thi k if you can demonstrate making a lvivng on the internet, they'll back off. If not you'll be making enough cash to move out.

    I say go ahead and put the resumes out there but really start cranking out you online business.

    Best,
    Harmony
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748850].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HelenAbell
      Hi, I'm in a similar situation and I have decided to focus on online marketing, for the next 3 months full time - which my redundancy pay from my last job is covering in the short term.

      I was also in a Software job, and my Plan B after that is to take short term consultancy jobs as and when I need to, if I need to bump up the cash flow while I get started. I feel I could cope with the occasional 3 month contract if necessary, there is always the end date.
      Signature

      Help for sole traders & entrepreneurs who want to spend less time bogged down in technology.

      www.chaosontoast.co.uk

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author londoncoffee
    Get another job and do your IM on the side. It's hard to make it overnight so i would personally advise that you keep up with what you're good at. Tim Ferris might advocate the 4 hour work week, but most of us live in the real world.
    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748863].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sethdrebitko
      I'd make the most of the time you have now but hunt another job down. Best case scenario you manage to bring things to an income producing level before finding a new job; worse case at least you still have your resume out.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748875].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jinjinjk
      Originally Posted by londoncoffee View Post

      Get another job and do your IM on the side. It's hard to make it overnight so i would personally advise that you keep up with what you're good at. Tim Ferris might advocate the 4 hour work week, but most of us live in the real world.
      Good luck!
      I agree get another job and do IM on the side. This way you will have money to invest in IM before you go full time. Since you were also working for a software company, maybe you can get another job relating to that field. Having knowledge in software can do wonders for your IM business such as creating products or providing services to the people online.

      Good Luck!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    Work sucks, right?

    :p

    If you're in USA, do three things. Do them in this order!

    1) File for unemployment

    2) apply for some jobs

    (Now that you have done these two things)

    3) start really developing your Internet Marketing Projects.

    After you complete 1 & 2 (should only take a day) you can really begin hammering and focusing upon your Internet Marketing Projects.

    You have free time. Make wise utilization of it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author koreancowboy
    I was unemployed for 17 months (although I did have a part-time job, but that's because I had to keep it, as part of my unemployment claim). I always figured that I would fire up my online business again, once I had another full-time job. Now that I have that, I wished that I had spent that free time learning and growing my business...I suggest you do the same.
    Signature

    I provide consulting for companies that use Adobe AEM...you can check out what I've done so far.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ColinChia
    Hey,

    The logical answer as everyone stated above is get another job and do I.M on the side and why not it's safe - because you won't make it BIG overnight.

    NOW, the illogical answer would be do this FULL-TIME and use that pressure to spur you on to make it work, so it forces you to succeed.

    What do you think?

    Hope this helps,

    Colin
    Signature
    IT'S UNDISPUTED! :D You Make More Money Working With A Professional Copywriter.
    KAPOOOOOW! IT'S PANDAMONIUM BABY! <<< check out my page for more info!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamtan
    I suggest being an ENTREPLOYEE - Half-entrepreneur Half-employee.

    The employee part first. At least you get a stable income. The trick is to find a JOB (commonly known as Just Over Broke) that is closer to your interest or "passion".

    The the entrepreneur part. Adding additional stream(s) of income to the basic-need-job-salary. Especially with ya IM skillsets, being a webpreneur is half the battle won.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bobbyhuang
    If you have money saved, burn your boats and focus on your internet business.

    The reason I say this is because when we leave our options open, we focus less on the options we currently have.

    In the Art of War (ya know the book), it talks about how when an army is in a corner, with no where to run, they will fight so viciously, they can turn the tides of battles.

    A technique they talk about is when an army crosses a river to the enemy side.

    They unload all their supplies.

    They turn around and burn all their boats.

    The superior (in numbers and supplies) enemy army starts advancing at the army who just burned their boats.

    The army who burned their boats, charges at the enemy army, they have no where to run, they focus 100% of their effort because they have nowhere to run.

    Fight or die.

    The enemy army sees this, and CAN retreat, so they do, at huge losses.

    Now I'm not telling you to fight or die, I'm just saying, if you really want to be successful, focus on what you want, and keep focusing on it. Give it all you got.

    And you'll do better. Not always, though it makes your success more likely.

    "When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either" - Leo Burnett
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748953].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gillw254
      Originally Posted by bobbyhuang View Post


      Now I'm not telling you to fight or die, I'm just saying, if you really want to be successful, focus on what you want, and keep focusing on it. Give it all you got.
      Even this is what Im thinking tooo "Just FOCUS on ONE Thing".. since Im sure that I really cant work in a Software Job for a longtime as I didnt like it much...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749019].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WikiWarrior
        I would definitely get another job as soon as possible, especially if you are living with your parents (I'm assuming you are since they are "forcing" you to go for a job (?)). The last thing you want is for relations to become tense with them and create a bad air at home. You don't want to get into a situation where your hand is forced and you have to comply on bad terms. Also, having another job will serve a number of purposes:

        1) Your parents won't be constantly on your back and will be more receptive when you talk about online business.
        2) You'll have money to invest in your online projects and build a real business with it ie. to do it properly.
        3) You won't get burnt out and be stressed at having to make it work - which is really important in the beginning because internet marketing for most people takes a while to gather steam.

        There's no reason you can't do both and by doing it this way you'll build up the online business to a point where choosing to go full-time will be a no-brainer, because you'll have the bank statements to prove it.

        Whatever you decide, leave yourself with options so you can maintain your quality of life and good relations with your parents.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749197].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alan Ashwood
          Unfortunately you are being your own worst enemy. I read your post several times, and there are too many BUTs in it. You constantly give yourself excuses for NOT doing anything.

          You say you don't have time to both work and start an online IM business. Where do you think you're going to find the necessary time to build your business.

          I, and I'm sure many others, used to work two jobs during most days, often including weekends. I would then come home, grab some food, and start my IM work at about 9-10pm, working till 4-5am the next morning.

          How do you plan to finance a new business - and eat - and keep a roof over your head? Perhaps your parents can see that you're not putting enough effort into making a living, by whichever route.

          My recommendation would be to find a job, then start saving a little towards an alternative future, and put in at least 2-3 hours daily with your IM aspirations.

          If as you say, you will be getting married in the near future, you owe it to your partner, and possibly children, to keep them fed and housed.

          Turn off the TV, switch off your cellphone, ignore Facebook, stay out of the clubs, pubs and other leisure distractions, and do something active and positive to make changes.

          I'm afraid it sounds like you've been reliant on your family for too long. You need to step up, and stop expecting everyone else to keep you.

          Get a job. Prove to yourself that you can be making your contribution. Then look at starting an IM future.

          Cheers
          Alan.

          PS. Here in the UK, the time is 3.07am. My case rests.
          Signature
          Now where did I put that pencil?

          Time for a cuppa.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4751727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Roy Siew
    You're still very young and having a good foundation of work experience as a 'safety net' is important. So my advice is get a JOB (as much as you hate it) and hone your IM skills on the side until you make it big. The key is having the self discipline to push yourself. Good luck!
    Signature

    "The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing." - Seth Godin

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wild
    There's another thread which asks how long it takes it doing IM to be self-sufficient and most answers are over 12 months. So keep that in mind. Maybe, you have a head start and are more savvy than most and can get there in six months.... then still you have to survive for six months. So keep that in mind. Sounds like you should be able to make some immediate cash consulting. (not sure what you mean by "software job")
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fazal Mayar
    do both, work full time with IM part time and you could switch if you get IM success or just plain quit your job
    Signature

    Blogger at RicherOrNot.com (Make Money online blog but also promoting ethical internet marketing)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daedalus
    Get a job and do IM on the side. Never keep all your eggs in one basket, especially if don't even have the hen to lay them yet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4751767].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author digichik
      Schedule a few hours per day devoted to looking for a new job to appease your parents, and spend the rest of your days building your IM business.

      If you are in the US you know there are 1000s of applicants for every position available; thus, fining a new position will probably take a while. In the mean time, you could very easily build a successful IM business.

      Look at losing your job as giving you an opportunity to do something you really want to do -- Internet Marketing -- don't squander it.
      Signature



      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4751928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Just do it!

    Whatever you decide do it full blast.

    You can make a lot of money and have lots of fun if you work for yourself. But maybe it's not the right thing for you.
    Signature

    Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
    Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JSanti7
    If you're really passionate about IM then go for it. Use that desire and build a business. However, do not expect to earn a lot at the start as it takes some time and effort to reach a certain level of income that could sustain you. But if you could keep that passion and determination alive, then there's nothing that's gonna stop you from reaching your goal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HawkPrecision
    Do the online and see where you can take it. Especially if you live with your parents you have a safety net if it fails.

    Show them what you're making for money online, and make sure you show them you're not just using it as an excuse to slack off.
    Signature

    Become more effective by learning HOW to learn—http://diehardoptimist.com/

    Like stories? Want a cheap .99 cent one? Find it at http://payhip.com/b/UKbz

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Seofarmer
      Originally Posted by HawkPrecision View Post

      Do the online and see where you can take it. Especially if you live with your parents you have a safety net if it fails.

      Show them what you're making for money online, and make sure you show them you're not just using it as an excuse to slack off.
      What about getting an "IM" related full-time job such as seo specialist, web analyst etc. in local companies.

      So at the meantime, you expand your IM knowledge in the real word, and at the same time, expanding knowledge for YOURSELF. Two birds in one stone?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jacob Hargreave
      Hi Gill,

      If I may I would like to give you a bit of advice as I used to be in the exact situation. Although I won't tell you what to do with your life I think you will find these few words of wisdom something to seriously consider.

      #1 Nothing is guaranteed or secure. A job and an online income can disappear over night leaving you stranded. Domsa said don't put all your eggs in one basket, and I agree. However it's a two way street. Never rely on one source of income be it employment or other wise.

      #2 Don't get comfortable. I believe Sylvester Stallone put it perfectly.

      "I knew if i went to get a job, I would lose my hunger to achieve my real dreams. I would just get comfortable and lose motivation to do better."

      This is very important and I don't think anyone here can say they haven't fallen victim to the job comfort zone. You get sucked into the mundane routine over and over again. Until you just settle. Do NOT be one of those people because I can assure you, your IM goal will die a slow and painful death.

      #3 Always expand your horizons. Although I will admit this is probably impossible to do with regular employment, you must always look to expand your income. This is easy when it comes to IM, however with regular employment it means getting a second job or a $.50 annual pay raise.

      #4 Expect results and nothing less. Whatever it is you chose to do currently you make sure your actions gets the results you want. Don't settle for anything less than what you want.

      #5 Follow your instinct not your fears. People in your situation would immediately scramble for a job. Not saying it's not wise, however it's mostly done out of fear and doubt of their own abilities. Though you don't strike me as the chicken hearted type I do sense a bit of back and forth. Don't lose out to doubts or fear, they are the keys to failure in anything you do.

      Best of luck to you son.
      Signature

      Jacob Hargreave at your service...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadamson
    IM is a passion and it must start as a hobby. It is very rare that someone can jump in and start making decent cash from day 1.

    It took me a full year to actually save up the money to go full time at it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIGITALCHAMELEON
    if you have a chance to look for a job offline then grab it then make online job as your side line until it reach to a point that your online income able to support your needs and getting stable then make it a full time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vtotheyouknow
    I'm going to give you some rather unorthodox advice only because it's worked for me:

    Get a job and get the hell out of your parents' house. Living with your folks when you're a 25 year old man is not only psychologically unhealthy but dangerous to your ambition because of the comfort factor.

    Once you have a "JOB" and your own place, you'll be hating that routine so much that you'll be FORCED to focus on your online biz.

    Let's face it. Logic fails to change behavior consistently, so engineer your circumstances in such a way to where you can't fail. A lot of this has to do with your own pride and independence and believe me, nothing provides a stronger impetus to stop dicking around and just build your online business than the thought of waking up tomorrow at 6:30 Am to go to your annoying job.

    Just one man's opinion :p

    Best of luck!
    Vic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752814].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dadamson
      Originally Posted by vtotheyouknow View Post

      Get a job and get the hell out of your parents' house. Living with your folks when you're a 25 year old man is not only psychologically unhealthy but dangerous to your ambition because of the comfort factor.
      True words, best post i've read all day!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KO
    Give it a shot and go all out. Give it your all. This way you'll never have to worry about wondering what could have been, even if you fail.

    It seems like you have a great attitude. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author r2r
    If you have experience in business then you can go for the business, but if you dont have idea in business then go for job, because there is profit and loss in business.
    Signature
    [Private] This Landing Pages has Crazy Lead Capturing Capabilities - http://bit.ly/wplanderswarrior
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackwebson
    Hi gillw254

    I think you should follow on what you think will benefit you the most. We all know that it is hard to make money both offline and online.

    If you think that internet marketing is your field then go for it. You have 2 years of experience and I think in that significant amount of time you already learned valuable things that can help you achieve your online success.


    Jack
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author denial12
    According to me online job is great. You can work as per your schedule without disturbing other activity. So continue in this field.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4752902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bastion
    First get a job, and start with IM by side. You are not going to make some money with IM from beginning, it's take time to learn and develop your business.

    And yes, you must get out of your parent's house. Get out of comfort zone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4753836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savvybizbuilder
    I think you already made up your mind, do as you want. Be where your passion is, that will make you successful for sure.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4753857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    I wish people would stop comparing a regular job with IM as if it's an apples-apples comparison. The two do not belong in the same sentence.

    The answer is a no-brainer: get a job and do IM on the side.

    IM is not a replacement for a job. Anyone who tells you that is foolish. IM is a business venture which requires start-up capital (be it time, money, or both). A job is exactly that - a job. One carries significantly more risk than the other.

    The chances of you succeeding in IM (just as in any start-up business) are minimal. Sorry folks, it's a fact. Most start-up business fail and IM is no different. Are there exceptions and successes? Sure. However, the cold reality is that most business ventures either fail or never get off the ground.

    The notion that full-time employment is just as unstable as a start-up IM business is flat out ridiculous (if not moronic). Simply take (hypothetically speaking, of course) 200 fairly educated average joes and split them into two groups of 100 (one group that will launch IM start-ups and one group that will get full time jobs). What percentage from each group will be earning a STABLE income a year from now?

    Do yourself a huge favor - get a job and do IM on the side. I'm married, work a full time job, and raise 5 very active kids. My IM consumes a few hours a day and I'm rewarded with a very nice side income. If I can find the time, you can.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4753936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    You can use the money from your job to start up IM. if you're finding too little time for IM, you can outsource.

    Me too has a tight time : as a student, freelance offline translator, slaving in the lab doing research, library and homeworks....and going home to dorm very exhausted. The only time I can do my IM is an intensive 1 - 1,5 hours a day where I write my articles and tweaked the landing page. And I have a strong dream too to be an online marketer from bricks and mortar, not for false quick rich.

    You're better because you already have a job, and sufficient money to support your IM. you can use that money to outsource (or even buy solo ads). I think Warrior for Hire has a bunch of talented people to cut your workload. So when you're home, you just have to track and tweak.
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4753979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fed
    I was unemployed for more than 1 year, then i started think about get money through online business, one of my friends had already a bunch of blogs and i started writing for him, he paid me monthly. After 6 months i started my own blog and now i'm getting about more than 3000 uniques/day, fully satisfied, i prefer to do the same not just exact same there are a lot of strategies available, try to choose the best which suits you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4754064].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author budin
      Unless you have solid foundation to start an online business, ie: financially and technical, I will suggest you go for it.

      But if otherwise, I would suggest you go for a JOB.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4754634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gillw254
    Im vm thankful to everyone who has shared their opinions and given advises to me.

    Some people advised to me to do BOTH, but I have really had a bad exp since 2 yrs (struggled a lot) since I was unable to fulfill my dream to make atleast $1000/month (though Im having a gr8 knowledge about IM..) I knew how to do SEO, adwords, facebook marketing perfectly and I have provided some services as welll (just made a little money as I dnt have a suffice time..)

    Now Im really fedup doing BOTH, and my mind will never be tensionless by doing both job and IM (aside). So I took a decision to Focus strictly only on ONE thing (doing IM, Im not a newbie as well).

    I try to convince my parents and I will show what Im , I will go in a route where Im vm passion about and I can concentrate MORE only on ONE thing..


    The one who doing BOTH (Job and IM aside):
    a) Does anyone here making $1000 - $2000 per month (by doing both job and IM aside)..?? ( If so, are you making it consistently ??) My ans: I didnt

    b) Did you really got time to explore new things? My ans: Never Ever got time to do...

    c) Have you never ever frustrated doing BOTH as you have only one Brain (not TWO)? My ans: Many Times....


    I just given my answers and I wont say that it would be the same for everyone... and I definitely agree what all above said saying that chosing IM business is a Risky (but only for a newbie).


    Once again Thnq vm for all your suggestions and I decided to do my Online Business as a FULL TIME.. (Im really glad taking this decision, I will somehow convince my parents...., they may get worried for 1-3 months and later they will be happy after seeing my results..., Im quite sure about it..)

    Have a gr8 day for everyone


    Thnx,

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4767428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scsheldon33
    Good luck to your journey on the online world!

    Just keep believing in yourself that you can do it and be willing to learn from others.

    Have the positive spirit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4767582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Miguelito203
    Originally Posted by gillw254 View Post

    Hi All,

    Unfortunately I have lost my software job due to some valid reason.. But Im still really not unhappy since I feel that now I've got a chance to do Online Marketing..

    Im really very much crazy over Internet Marketing but I never find time much to work on it before, but since I love this business somehow I was able to earn money by providing some services in fiverr (say $300/month just spending 1-2 hrs daily).

    I really had a gr8 knowledge on Internet Marketing, but to say frankly I didnt start experimenting doing different types of marketing yet due to lack of time.. Since I have lost my job thinking to make this online marketing as a FULL TIME.. My age is just 25, my parents are forcing me to do job since they have no idea abt my online business and they're not getting confident though Im saying them that I could definitely make some $2000 to $5000 per month (ofcourse not immediately happens) thrugh online business..

    Once I start doing this online business, I cannot get my job again and I lose interest too on it...

    So what're your suggestions or opinions..

    waiting for.....

    [EDITED] I don't have an interest to do job now... The reason Im not intersted for choosing JOB again because Im not finding time to learn more about IM, but I really had a dream to learn and do more things in IM.. AT THE END, MY GOAL IS TO BECOME AN ONLINE MARKETER..

    It seems many suggested me to get a JOB first and then do IM as a part-time, but the problem is Im not finding time to do BOTH.. and Im thinking in this way: "Anyhow my Ulitmate Goal is IM, so what makes the difference in doing IM right now?? instead of after few years?"

    "And the other prob I cannot chose IM later since after few years Im going to get married, so I cant take risk of chosing IM as a FULL TIME at that time.."

    BUT IF I CHOSE NOW 'IM', AFTER 1 YEAR Iam SURE THAT I WILL BE ALMOST LIKE A KING IN ONLINE MARKETING.. AM I WRONG?? (Since I already gained a lot of knowledge about IM since 2 yrs.... )
    With the economy the way it is, chance are you won't find a job as soon as you start looking. Perhaps you should start a blog and do product reviews as a way to generate some residual income so that you don't have to be in front of your computer all the time, and you will be able to work around your own schedule. With the holidays coming up soon, creating some small blogs around products coming out is a good way to bring in some good money. They will run on autopilot once you set everything up.

    Good luck,
    Joey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4767623].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alan Ashwood
      I'll be interested to see whether you're still working in IM in six months time . . no, THREE months time.

      It requires concentration, perseverance, dedication, patience, and HARD WORK.

      From reading your posts here, I don't think you have any of those qualities, and will be quite happy foe mummy and daddy to keep supporting you.

      It'd be interesting to hear their point of view :confused:
      Signature
      Now where did I put that pencil?

      Time for a cuppa.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4768355].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gillw254
        Originally Posted by Alan Ashwood View Post

        I'll be interested to see whether you're still working in IM in six months time . . no, THREE months time.

        It requires concentration, perseverance, dedication, patience, and HARD WORK.
        if I really dnt have concentration, dedication etc... I wouldn't have concentarted about IM since 2 yrs.. if Im really not intersted, I would have left IM long back, but I didnt do that..

        Im sure I definitely get Success.. Do you know why Im saying this very confidently?? REASON:::::

        A) ITS NOT THAT I'VE LEARNED EVERYTHING IN IM...

        B) ITS NOT THAT IM OVER-CONFIDENT....
        C) ITS NOT THAT SINCE I'VE GOT BIT SUCCESS BEFORE..


        BUT ITS THAT IM CRAZY OVER IM.. I FEEL IM IS JUST LIKE A GAME, NOT LIKE A BUSINESS.. IN A GAME, WE TRY TO APPLY MANY TECHNIQUES TO SEE WHICH WORKS OUT BETTER, IN THE SAME WAY HERE TOO...THE ONE WHO HAS CRAZY WILL DEFINITELY GET SUCCESS, NO MATTERS HOW MUCH KNOWLEDGE HE HAS AND WE SHOULD BE VERY CONFIDENT ON US...

        THE ONE WHO FEELS IT LIKE A BUSINESS MAY GET SUCCESS, OR MAY BE FOR CERTAIN PERIOD OR NEVER ACHIEVE... BUT THE ONE WHO FEELS THAT THEY'RE PLAYING THEIR FAV GAME DEFINITELY HIT SIX THOUGH HE MAY BECOME "OUT" MANY TIMES BEFORE AND THE MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY NEVER STOP PLAYING EVEN THEY'RE OUT VERY QUICKLY MANY TIMES.... SO, IN SHORT "BE CRAZY" :p

        GR8 EG: THOMAS EDISON (I GUESS EVERYONE KNOWS ON WHICH HE'Z CRAZY ABOUT AND HOW HE SUCCEEDED AT THE END THOUGH HE FAILED 1000 TIMES BEFORE....)


        THNX


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778974].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebusinesstutor
    The "focus on one thing" comment you made is right on. What is the one thing you could do or offer that would really help people with strong needs?

    Also, how can you be unique? What needs out there aren't being met? It is the big ideas that work, not just doing affiliate marketing like everyone else.

    You can use my free 300+ page [url-http://internetmentorship.com]"Internet Marketing 101"[/url] ecourse as a template.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4771944].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gillw254
      Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post

      The "focus on one thing" comment you made is right on. What is the one thing you could do or offer that would really help people with strong needs?

      Also, how can you be unique? What needs out there aren't being met? It is the big ideas that work, not just doing affiliate marketing like everyone else.
      yes, I agree this 200% (in BOLD)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Kage
    Make your imagination and dreams into reality. Do what you must do to get to where you must be.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4772245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    Are there any services such as building websites you could offer and make money quickly? If your parents see you actually bringing in some cash they'll probably be more supportive. Especially if you pay them some rent and buy a few groceries
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779198].message }}

Trending Topics