Earning $300 per day. Want to earn more...need help!

24 replies
I have a very unique and successful offline business that has made me an average of $300 per day. I've written a detailed report that gives step-by-step instructions on how to start the business and am looking for some help to promote the report.

From all the posts I've read here, it seems it wouldn't be wise for a newbie like me to offer it as a WSO. So the question is, can I hire a senior Warrior forum member to run the WSO for me? Or should I do a JV with someone who has a mailing list targeting my niche? Or is there another way?

Thanks!
#promote #report
  • Profile picture of the author bigwillstyle
    Do you mind sending me a pm so I can check out your site?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
      Originally Posted by bigwillstyle View Post

      Do you mind sending me a pm so I can check out your site?
      Sorry I can't PM yet. Need to have 50 posts for that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
    Yes..it works in UK. I would love to give out review copies here but I want to do it in a systematic manner and so I am hoping for some feedback from senior members
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kecia
    Per the WSO rules, the product you are offering must be created by you. Therefore, you couldn't have another member run it because it would not be their product. I suggest you become more active on the forum, then consider offering your report to the members here.
    Signature
    KeciaHambrick.com - Blogger. Content Creator. Social Media Enthusiast.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778897].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
      Originally Posted by Kecia View Post

      Per the WSO rules, the product you are offering must be created by you. Therefore, you couldn't have another member run it because it would not be their product. I suggest you become more active on the forum, then consider offering your report to the members here.
      Wasn't aware of that rule. Thanks for filling me in. I wonder why that rule was set. What's wrong with a senior member helping promote a product that he or she can review and decide for themselves whether it's legitimate?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author majortraders
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778912].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
      Originally Posted by majortraders View Post

      Why do you really need help from anyone? There's plenty of posts right here on the forum that can tell you exactly what you need to know that no one person can. Trust me.
      I am an offline entrepreneur and Internet Marketing is fascinating but still mysterious to me. There is a lot for me to learn before I can make enough intelligent contributions to boost my reputation and post count here and so I seek help.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vok
    Is this business not scalable past $300 or something? I can offer some free advice for you either way, maybe help you explore either scaling it up or, going sideways with offering it and a business opportunity.

    If you have something like Skype, drop me a PM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
      Originally Posted by Moonzink View Post

      Is this business not scalable past $300 or something? I can offer some free advice for you either way, maybe help you explore either scaling it up or, going sideways with offering it and a business opportunity.

      If you have something like Skype, drop me a PM.
      I've looked into scalability in terms of outsourcing and expanding but that didn't work out too well. I would love to hear your thoughts. I can't PM yet.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779292].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bekah Howard
        Originally Posted by SamirRastogi View Post

        Wasn't aware of that rule. Thanks for filling me in. I wonder why that rule was set. What's wrong with a senior member helping promote a product that he or she can review and decide for themselves whether it's legitimate?
        A senior member (or any other member for that matter) CAN promote a product if they feel it is worthwhile (as an affiliate, or for free). What they CAN'T do is post the WSO in their name if they didn't make it. To do so would imply that they made it, misleading customers - many of which buy based as much on the poster's (thus creator's) reputation as the content itself.

        What you were basically asking is for a Senior Member to be willing to deceive their own customers and throw away their hard earned reputation in order to make you a few bucks. I'm guessing you never really thought about it from their side - it is always important to think from the other side when approaching a potential business partner. Think in terms of what you can do for them just as much if not more than you think about what they can do for you.

        Originally Posted by SamirRastogi View Post

        Thanks for your input. I would love to do the WSO on my own but even the Forum rules encourage having a higher post count and somewhat of a reputation before offering a WSO. That will take a long time as I am very new to IM.
        As I mentioned before, reputation is very important to some customers. For other customers, the content is all that matters. You could work now at building a reputation as someone knowledgeable about offline business, and still admit to being a noob at IM. However, it would require both time and patience. $300 a day is nothing to sneer at (especially if that is profit - that's over $100,000 a year), and should be able to sustain you while you have the patience and take the time to build your reputation.


        Edit: As a side note, you may want to go ahead and buy a WarRoom membership now, since you can't post a WSO without it and it give you instant access to the PM feature as well as access to countless resources you could use.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779539].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
          Originally Posted by Bekah Howard View Post

          What you were basically asking is for a Senior Member to be willing to deceive their own customers and throw away their hard earned reputation in order to make you a few bucks. I'm guessing you never really thought about it from their side - it is always important to think from the other side when approaching a potential business partner. Think in terms of what you can do for them just as much if not more than you think about what they can do for you.
          I was simply not aware that a WSO could only be sold by the product creator. I am still not sure whether I agree with that rule. If I were a senior member and a noob asked me to promote something that I believed to be true and trusting, I WOULD put my reputation at stake for it. I wouldn't be deceiving anyone if I myself believed in the product.



          Originally Posted by Bekah Howard View Post

          You could work now at building a reputation as someone knowledgeable about offline business, and still admit to being a noob at IM. However, it would require both time and patience.
          Very true but there are so few posts here about offline businesses.


          Originally Posted by Bekah Howard View Post

          $300 a day is nothing to sneer at (especially if that is profit - that's over $100,000 a year), and should be able to sustain you while you have the patience and take the time to build your reputation.
          Agree...$300 per day multiplied by 7 days a week is more than enough to sustain me. Just in case anyone is curious about why I am here to begin with, the reason I have decided to sell a report about my business is to diversify my income. I started this business two years ago and quit my job 3 months after consistently making more money than what I was earning from my job. But then last November, I got into a terrible accident that completely disabled me and all of a sudden I had no source of income and I couldn't even apply for unemployment because I had purposely quit my job. It's the worst thing that can happen to anyone, my life was turned completely upside down. I went from being a very independent and capable person to being completely dependent on others. This lasted for about 8 1/2 months and it was the worst time of my life. I have now completely recovered and have resumed my business but in case the unimaginable ever happens again, I need to have an alternate source of income and the best way I can think of is by teaching others how to start their own similar business.

          Thanks
          -Samir
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4783006].message }}
          • Originally Posted by SamirRastogi View Post

            Very true but there are so few posts here about offline businesses.
            Maybe because discussions about offline businesses are here:

            Offline Marketing Discussions

            fLufF
            --
            Signature
            Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
            Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4784067].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Bekah Howard
            Originally Posted by SamirRastogi View Post

            I was simply not aware that a WSO could only be sold by the product creator. I am still not sure whether I agree with that rule. If I were a senior member and a noob asked me to promote something that I believed to be true and trusting, I WOULD put my reputation at stake for it. I wouldn't be deceiving anyone if I myself believed in the product.
            As I said before, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a senior member PROMOTING anyone they wish to promote. A senior member could mail their list right now to promote your product and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

            What is deceptive about what you suggest is that when a warrior (Kindsvater for example) puts out a WSO, people buy it because they trust Brian Kindsvater as an established Lawyer (especially in regards to tax laws). If Kindsvater posted someone elses WSO, people would assume that it was something he had made and would buy it based on his reputation and with the expectation that it would match his previous products. Even if it was a good product, many would refund just because it failed that expectation. By posting it, Kindsvaters reputation would be harmed, and the product itself would not get the credit it deserved.

            On a site note, If this was allowed there would be nothing stopping an established warrior from simply selling his "services" by posting other's WSOs - I can guarantee that this would lead to a huge mess and a major devaluing of the WSO section.

            Originally Posted by SamirRastogi View Post

            Very true but there are so few posts here about offline businesses.
            As Fluffy said, there is an entire Offline Marketing section to the forum. I suggest you spend a lot of time there both to build relationships with people with offline lists and to establish yourself as an authority.

            Originally Posted by SamirRastogi View Post

            Agree...$300 per day multiplied by 7 days a week is more than enough to sustain me. Just in case anyone is curious about why I am here to begin with, the reason I have decided to sell a report about my business is to diversify my income. ... in case the unimaginable ever happens again, I need to have an alternate source of income and the best way I can think of is by teaching others how to start their own similar business.
            Diversity is crucial to any business and I am glad that you are trying to diversify. All I was trying to say is that you are fortunate enough to not have the time/money crunch that most marketers do and if you feel that having an established presence on the forum is required before launching your WSO then you can technically afford to wait.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4786271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Ames
    Originally Posted by SamirRastogi View Post

    From all the posts I've read here, it seems it wouldn't be wise for a newbie like me to offer it as a WSO. So the question is, can I hire a senior Warrior forum member to run the WSO for me? Or should I do a JV with someone who has a mailing list targeting my niche? Or is there another way?

    Thanks!
    A WSO is ok. I don't think it's a long term solution if you want to market it for a long period of time. Still a WSO will give you all kinds of experience. You should do it on your own and let the chips fall as they may.

    The only reason I can see to get a senior member involved is for more sales? Don't worry about that. The product will stand on it's own. If it's good people will comment and those will become your best testimonials. You could hand out review copies, but not too many and be selective. There is nothing worse than giving out copies in hopes of a review and getting nothing back.
    Signature

    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. -Winston Churchill

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778983].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
      Originally Posted by Scott Ames View Post

      A WSO is ok. I don't think it's a long term solution if you want to market it for a long period of time. Still a WSO will give you all kinds of experience. You should do it on your own and let the chips fall as they may.
      Thanks for your input. I would love to do the WSO on my own but even the Forum rules encourage having a higher post count and somewhat of a reputation before offering a WSO. That will take a long time as I am very new to IM.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author petelta
    Hey Samir,

    You can definitely launch the WSO yourself and start building a list from the start. You will make some money and begin your following.

    Like you mentioned, you can always JV with a warrior who has a little more clout on the forum and probably reach a much larger audience very quickly.

    I would choose option two if I were you. It will depend on the quality of your product if senior members will JV with you.

    I can take a look at the product and give you my thoughts if you like. I am open to setting up a JV if the product is good.

    Email me at contact@internetbizmasters.com

    Travis
    Signature
    TEESPRING Student Rakes In Over $116k In Less Than 3 Months
    Niche Pro Profits - How I raked in OVER $120k in 9 months with authority niche sites...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4778985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author netdev
    Why not market it yourself? You seem like a well educated individual. If you make $300 a day by your own site/business I'm sure you can manage it as a WSO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779695].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Espen Samuelsen
      Go ahead and launch a WSO I'd say, sounds like you have a good method that I'm sure many will pay for. There are examples of people launching their first WSO which goes on to become WSO Of The Day!

      Sure, maybe you won't make that much before you have a list and a network of JV partners, but keep in mind that you can bump a WSO and "relaunch" it, and it should be a good learning experience?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4780138].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vitaliy K
    Why not offering it for free in War Room?

    I am sure many people will gain more trust in you and upon running your next wso you will have more sales etc.

    Only my five cent, but you can run it as a wso to see if you can make lots of sales
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
    It is true that a WSO, regardless of its quality, will have more of an impact if it is from a Warrior with a good reputation. It really makes sense when you think about it - someone who has invested a considerable amount of time and energy into building a good standing in this community is not likely to risk it selling a shoddy product.

    I do see your dilemma. Post and Thanks count certainly do not equate to experience, and it sounds like you have plenty of that if you've managed to scale your IM business to bringing in 300 per day. But getting that message across may prove challenging.

    I would suggest that you spend some time responding to threads that relate to your area of expertise. Start building that reputation, one post at a time. Just 4 posts per day would double your current post count in a week, in a month you'd be over 100. That would also serve to lift your PM restriction as well.

    It doesn't happen overnight, but I'm sure your 300 dollar per day business took some time to build as well. And with that experience behind you I'm sure you could contribute some truly valuable posts.

    Also join the War Room, you'll need to anyway if you want to release a WSO and it also will add to your credibility here.

    Looking forward to your future posts!

    Bill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4779953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Kage
    Yes, you should launch your WSO. It's not expensive to launch one and yours might just be the next WSO of the Day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4780747].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
    Thanks for your input everyone!

    I joined the war room last night and also added a signature. I've also connected with a couple of senior members to explore the JV option.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4784037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamirRastogi
    Received 6 orders today from WF. War Room Membership already paid off and then some. Looks like having a signature really helps

    I am getting a lot of inquiries from people asking whether this business would work in their country. I can tell you that although most of my orders have come from the US, a few of them have come from Canada, UK and Austrailia. I wouldn't know about other countries but I would imagine it would work in any major city across the world.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4785739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aubaine
    Sounds like you are certainly on the right track, but if i were you, I'd look into building your own list. You could pay others to blast your product to their list, and then have an opt-in page to join your mailing list if they like the product... then JV with related products/marketers!
    Signature

    Anthony R. Smith
    Marketing | Socialaire Group
    www.socialairegroup.com

    An antonym for ambitious is 'easy'.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4785790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author footbag_man
    sounds interesting mate.. let me know when you launch it, i would like to take a look at it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4785874].message }}

Trending Topics