whats the value of fanpage having 773k fans

20 replies
Hey guys, My best friend has a facebook fanpage of 773k i told him I would help him to sell that page. so what would be exact price according to you for it and many of warriors will ask whats its niche .Its niche is just general ,the fanpage is just based on funny quote and most of its fans are from usa,uk,ca,au, etc and are also very active
#773k #fanpage #fans
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    This is the problem I see with Facebook in general people think fans mean more than they really do. He may have 773k fans but if it is just for one funny quote all the "like" meant to them was a one time thing.

    Selling local businesses on the number of fans and promoting people to like for a coupon works great to get them to buy into your marketing but unless there is a community and the fans are engaged they are worthless in the long run. They won't see your messages and they don't care what you say.

    A fan and an "engaged" fan are two different things. And the value of 773K people like my friend Katharine who might like 200 things a day is nothing.

    Even someone like me who likes very little might like a page for a coupon and than unlike it or just ignore it. But if the page(like a blog in this respect) is providing great content on a daily basis I will pay attention. But few fan pages do that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4786257].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Kage
      Originally Posted by lordauric View Post

      This is the problem I see with Facebook in general people think fans mean more than they really do. He may have 773k fans but if it is just for one funny quote all the "like" meant to them was a one time thing.

      Selling local businesses on the number of fans and promoting people to like for a coupon works great to get them to buy into your marketing but unless there is a community and the fans are engaged they are worthless in the long run. They won't see your messages and they don't care what you say.

      A fan and an "engaged" fan are two different things. And the value of 773K people like my friend Katharine who might like 200 things a day is nothing.

      Even someone like me who likes very little might like a page for a coupon and than unlike it or just ignore it. But if the page(like a blog in this respect) is providing great content on a daily basis I will pay attention. But few fan pages do that.
      Yeah, but you can still make a pretty penny from those fans.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4787105].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tahoecale
    i would say its worth at least $100 could be worth more if the fan page is somthing good like a business or something besides just a "I like cats" fan page thats just about worthless so theres a lot that could change the price of the FB page...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4787441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scott Million
    I know a guy who makes $2000 - $3000 / mo doing CPA offers from a Jersey Shore fanpage with ~188K fans. He just slots in a "submit cute baby photo contest" link every now and then... BUT, his page has a lot of activity, so not sure what you can expect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4787469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    This page is worthless, if not now, it soon will be. I've seen this play out many times over. Your admin publishing rights will have already been disabled and if they haven't yet, it's only a matter of time. The moment you start posting stuff and you get a few people reporting the posts as spam Facebook will remove you as admin.

    For that reason anyone would be silly to pay money for this page!

    Facebook don't like people to have control over fan pages that are created against their terms of use such as those created around quotes or generalized subject matters.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4787489].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott Million
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      This page is worthless. Your admin publishing rights will have already been disabled and if they haven't yet, it's only a matter of time. The moment you start posting stuff and you get a few people reporting the posts as spam Facebook will remove you as admin.

      For that reason anyone would be silly to pay money for this page!
      If that's the case then send out a FB mailing while you can to a CPA offer. You only get one shot, so make it good, lol.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4787507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author intowonder
    Just thought you may want to take a look at this before you discount those fans!

    http://www.allfacebook.com/each-facebook-fan-is-worth-360-annually-2010-04

    Crazy ??? IMO they have to have some value especially if they are real, targeted fans!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4807266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobuzz
    If your friend can market those fans then there is immense potential. Fans to facebook page is equivalent to traffic in website.
    Signature
    SecondIncomeBlog.com
    Ideas and Techniques to Make Money Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4809772].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aimco
      I just bought 700 fans for 5bucks on fiver - is my sitenow worth 100 bucks?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4813233].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author iwizard
        Thats 700k not 700 fans

        Originally Posted by aimco View Post

        I just bought 700 fans for 5bucks on fiver - is my sitenow worth 100 bucks?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6861521].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stellaandreapark
    Originally Posted by mrrocky314 View Post

    Hey guys, My best friend has a facebook fanpage of 773k i told him I would help him to sell that page. so what would be exact price according to you for it and many of warriors will ask whats its niche .Its niche is just general ,the fanpage is just based on funny quote and most of its fans are from usa,uk,ca,au, etc and are also very active
    Hi, how did he acquire those 700k? Just curious...

    If I have a fanpage, I want real people following my page not just dummies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4813349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillyPete48
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4854217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MariluNieto
      All social media helps, if you know what you are doing. I am new at social media. Currently I am on FB and Twitter. I have over 200 followers on each but I don't really know what I am doing. I keep following and am followed, but honestly I get confused. Does anyone know about instructions or original tutoring videos about these social sites?
      I could use the help. Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4854252].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faizsufi
    Originally Posted by mrrocky314 View Post

    Hey guys, My best friend has a facebook fanpage of 773k i told him I would help him to sell that page. so what would be exact price according to you for it and many of warriors will ask whats its niche .Its niche is just general ,the fanpage is just based on funny quote and most of its fans are from usa,uk,ca,au, etc and are also very active

    I'm willing to buy it.
    Please reply
    Signature

    Hi,I'm here because I want to learn English beside create an income USD1000 per month.Please correct me if I goes wrong especially in my grammar. I really appreciate your help and teach me how.

    Nice.(^_^)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6860858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rajeevsh
    Not an expert on Facebook Pages but irrespective of the number of fans, it's how much you interact with them, how much they are involved with your updates, and most important, the demographic nature that decides the value of it.

    There are many well known pages that have a number of fans however, from all I can tell, they won't be making any money from them. I manage a couple of fan pages for some brands with more than a few thousand likes and it's a valuable tool for interacting with your customer base.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6861305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattyprimmer
    I have a site with 31K+ FB fans. Anytime we post a link to our content we see over 10,000 hits flow in within the next 5 hours - they obviously click links, add to our impressions, and buy things. It's a very important part of that business right now.

    Problem is I don't think you're allowed to sell a FB page - you may be able to be sneaky with it though, but I know I read somewhere that it's not technically allowed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6861435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Michal
    It's "worth" whatever you can get someone to pay for it... and sadly there is a sucker born every minute.

    However, to me the value would be $0
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6861448].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jennifermark81
      haha, couldnt agree more.

      I'd say.. try to advertise or recommend something to the fans and see how many clicks you get.. if you are able to bring home $1 per click.. you have something good going on there.

      Like WillR said.. facebook may not like it and take away your rights.. so it may soon be 0.. and whoever buys it will end up losing his investment completely.

      What you can really sell is.. USE THIS AS PROOF and sell a WSO or a service to get fans to other people's fan pages or for businesses.

      Leverage this and you can really make good money.

      - Jen

      Originally Posted by Thomas Michal View Post

      It's "worth" whatever you can get someone to pay for it... and sadly there is a sucker born every minute.

      However, to me the value would be $0
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6861469].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mattyprimmer
      Originally Posted by Thomas Michal View Post

      It's "worth" whatever you can get someone to pay for it... and sadly there is a sucker born every minute.

      However, to me the value would be $0
      Did you read my post? Let me make it more clear...One of my sites FB page is driving enough traffic to make $2,000 a month.

      I will buy this page - Obv it's a risk as some people throw their likes around like a slut so I'd need to look at it a bit closer to see what exactly it is. 700k likes should be enough to launch a new website and get an instant following. Don't underestimate the value here...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6861503].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Thomas Michal
        Originally Posted by mattyprimmer View Post

        Did you read my post? Let me make it more clear...One of my sites FB page is driving enough traffic to make $2,000 a month.

        I will buy this page - Obv it's a risk as some people throw their likes around like a slut so I'd need to look at it a bit closer to see what exactly it is. 700k likes should be enough to launch a new website and get an instant following. Don't underestimate the value here...
        Did you read my last post?

        TO ME IT'S WORTH $0
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6861626].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Pole
          If they are not targeted, it has no value. That's why I don't recommend purchasing fanpages, or even leads. If they are all marketers or something, that would be AMAZING!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6863432].message }}

Trending Topics