Want JV Partners? Here's a tip

by Coby
7 replies
Hey Warriors,

I must admit - some of you may feel deceived by what I'm about to tell you. I'm sorry, but it's true and everyone needs to hear this. If I had put this in the title (which I almost did) you wouldn't have opened...

Okay, I get lots of JV proposals. Most I blow off...

I think this is pretty normal for most of us.

Anyways, sometimes I know the person or have some sort of relationship with them and will like their idea or what they bring to the table...

However, the problem is this...

We agree on a project...

Then it never gets done, or they start on it and then when it gets behind you stop hearing from them. Or they have an excuse, etc.

Okay, So where are you going with this Coby?

If you want to have a successful JV you MUST work your butt off!

  • You MUST stick to every single deadline you set for yourself!
  • You MUST NEVER leave your JV partner in the dark to your progress!
  • You MUST be prepared for the project before you make the proposal!
  • You MUST be accountable for all your actions and the actions of your employees!

If you work hard and do what you said you would do then you will have successful Joint Ventures and it will open the door to so many future possibilities that could be much more lucrative!

So, if you are looking for your first JV then you need to be prepared to offer your product and do all the work and receive only a small percentage of the profits or maybe none (just a list) and if you are smart you will see the LONG TERM advantages of giving up more in the short term...

Enough successful JV's and you'll have folks throwing good ideas at you left and right!

So WORK WORK WORK! Don't Be Lazy!

After you nail a couple of lucrative JV's you can start hiring people to do it for you... Then you can be lazy all day on the beach or wherever

But work first - play later
#joint ventures #jvs #partners #tip
  • Profile picture of the author Emporer
    Well said, keep to the commitment. Nice write up dude
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4802433].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Johnny Optimo
      Good advice that can apply to all business/IM relationships. Meeting deadlines and keeping communication flowing is key to maintaining a professional relationship.
      Signature
      Warriors,
      I'm a web developer and iOS app developer - I'll make you a website or app! http://949web.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4802537].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Coby
        Originally Posted by Emporer View Post

        Well said, keep to the commitment. Nice write up dude
        Thank you sir! I do what I can

        Originally Posted by Johnny Optimo View Post

        Good advice that can apply to all business/IM relationships. Meeting deadlines and keeping communication flowing is key to maintaining a professional relationship.
        I agree! Communication and accountability are key elements that are needed to make pretty much any business a success!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4803120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ajay Tiwari
    i liked the last line "But work first - play later" .. nice write up and well said man..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4803212].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mazzman
    Good advice. Now how do you hold your partners to this commitment?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4803643].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Coby
      Originally Posted by mazzman View Post

      Good advice. Now how do you hold your partners to this commitment?
      That's the problem... I can't

      Maybe someday I can invent some magical drink that will make everyone accountable
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4807872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author go4wealth
    Originally Posted by Coby View Post


    Okay, So where are you going with this Coby?

    If you want to have a successful JV you MUST work your butt off!

    • You MUST stick to every single deadline you set for yourself!
    • You MUST NEVER leave your JV partner in the dark to your progress!
    • You MUST be prepared for the project before you make the proposal!
    • You MUST be accountable for all your actions and the actions of your employees!

    If you work hard and do what you said you would do then you will have successful Joint Ventures and it will open the door to so many future possibilities that could be much more lucrative!

    But work first - play later
    This is good advice as general practice for any business regardless... looking for Jv's or not ... well maybe point two is good only for JV's and point three depends if you make proposals or not ... but meeting deadlines, being prepared and being accountable is best practice for all
    Signature

    Get Unlimited Voice, Unlimited Text, Unlimited Data/Web on a blazing fast 4g Network for $49/month ... all iPhones supported ... (option to get unlimited everything for Free also available) Click here to learn more

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4808014].message }}

Trending Topics