Ezinearticles.com - Is article spinning Black Hat?

by anders3397 31 replies
Recently Eziearticles.com rejected some of my articles because one of the gigs listed on our site was an offer to spin articles. They said that spinning as Black Hat and contributed to spam and it was against their TOS.
Has anyone else had this experience with EZA?
And is article spinning actually regarded as black hat?
Personally, I agree with them......
#main internet marketing discussion forum #article #black #ezinearticlescom #hat #spinning
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author O0o0O
    Article spinning is generally frowned upon by Ezine Articles, so your content was probably deemed unacceptable as a result. You might want to revise your topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4841172].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sscot
    Article spinning isn't illegal. After panda, EZA is little stringent than before.
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4841206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xaniagarcia
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4841218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trinsleynewton
    Article spinning is not illegal, its only when your spin will be caught by the article site
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StevenJones
    Don't worry it's not illegal. Just check your spun articles if you have the time, delete the errors and weird looking phrases. Don't blindly spin everything, as stated before, bad written articles don't get accepted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842931].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      This is hysterical.

      Everyone is telling the OP not to spin and yet he's never said he has spun anything. He even came back to clarify that but still people are coming on and telling him not to do something he hasn't even done.

      The OP hasn't spun anything.

      The article linked to a site that had spinning gigs in it. EZA don't like that.
      That is the the problem, hence the OP saying...

      and of course my articles were all original.
      Seems EZA had a problem with the content of the site, not my articles.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AmandaT
    It seems a lot of people aren't quite understanding what you are asking.

    Many do consider article spinning to be black hat because it reduces the quality of your visitor's experience. EZA does look at websites you are linking to in order to see if they want you to be linking to it. They won't let you link to sites that advertise using PLR either. I assume they figure people will go to your site, order article spinning, and then try to post those articles on EZA.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842948].message }}
  • I think it is black hat if after spinning still it is not unique.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by anders3397 View Post

    Recently Eziearticles.com rejected some of my articles because one of the gigs listed on our site was an offer to spin articles.
    Yes - their aversion to "spinning" is so deeply entrenched that this does actually breach their editorial policies. (Mine would be too, in their position).

    Having references to "spinning" on a page linked-to in an article's resource-box is actually a well-known reason for EZA to decline articles, so at least they're being consistent about it. (There are many other threads here asking this same question).

    Originally Posted by anders3397 View Post

    They said that spinning as Black Hat and contributed to spam and it was against their TOS.
    Like many professional article marketers, I have to agree with them, there. It is, undeniably, a major cause of spam. :rolleyes:

    But more importantly, spinning actually has no advantages anyway: all the information you can want about "spinning" is right here.

    Originally Posted by anders3397 View Post

    Has anyone else had this experience with EZA?
    Yes, many - really.

    Originally Posted by anders3397 View Post

    And is article spinning actually regarded as black hat?
    Well, it's a futile and misguided attempt to game search-engine algorithms, which actually produces benefits only to the people selling the spinning software and services. Whether you think that makes it "black hat" is up to you to interpret, and I know people disagree about it.
    Personally, I think it's "desperately misguided" as much as "black hat".

    Originally Posted by anders3397 View Post

    Personally, I agree with them......
    Yes, I do, too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4842984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bob Sanchez
    For me, as long as you violate the TOS of a site like Ezine, it's black hat. They don't want articles submitted to their site that link to sites offering to spin articles and that sell PLR. Make sure you only link your articles to sites that Ezine approves of so your Ezine account won't get closed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4843011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Yep ... heard quite a few people get rejected because their resource box linked to either a blog that mentions PLR articles or spun articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4843222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyrsss
    the thing is it must be at least 50-60% unique and sensible
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4843241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOATCL
    that's true it's against their TOS. spinned articles are for robots AND this means black hat.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4844902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jewel3000
    That's like "Big Brother" punishing you in advance. EZA is being shockingly careful, just assuming in advance that Google will eventually de-index you -- and they're afraid this will spill over, into any articles you've put on their site. And that Google will kick their backsides (again).

    Guess you'd better figure out another site to market your spinning service.
    Signature
    SEO Copywriting Services | Content Writers @ CopyClique.com
    Sales Letters | Web Page Copy | SEO Articles | Blog Posts | Reports | Ebooks | Press Releases
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5612962].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aaaa33030
    Article spinning is blackhat because you are not using your own words, you are choosing available words from a list of synonyms.

    The other parts of the article that are not spun are the same as the original article

    -----

    Also why submit spun articles when you can get 3 original articles written for $5 at fiverr?
    I bought the 3 original article gig once and my 3 articles are still on ezinearticles
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613303].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ord Allenbea
      Wrong! misinformation is by far the biggest mistake in internet marketing. Spinning is not black hat, the way many have taught spinning articles is wrong but it is far from back hat.

      Newspapers, media, hollywood, and many other outlets have done content spinning for many years. There are those that actually human spin their articles which means every single word of that article is written by a human and not slected words from a pre set database of words.

      Originally Posted by aaaa33030 View Post

      Article spinning is blackhat because you are not using your own words, you are choosing available words from a list of synonyms.

      The other parts of the article that are not spun are the same as the original article

      -----

      Also why submit spun articles when you can get 3 original articles written for $5 at fiverr?
      I bought the 3 original article gig once and my 3 articles are still on ezinearticles
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613395].message }}
      • Rewriting is not spinning. I disagree there's any relationship except the most superficial between the two.

        There's a pancake-making machine on the market now for buffet lines. The diner pushes a button and 30 seconds later the machine spits out a cooked pancake. It's weird and not very tasty. Contrast that with the crepes suzette a maitre 'd makes at your table at a fine New York restaurant. Crepes and pancakes are both flat and round but there the resemblance ends.

        To the OP: I don't care about black hat definitions. Article spinning is low-class. It is simply not done by serious people of good faith.

        When you stop trying to get away with something and start trying to contribute something, the rewards come. People want to work with you. You extend your reach. And yes, the money.

        fLufF
        --
        Signature
        Fiverr is looking for freelance writers for its blog. Details here.
        Love microjobs? Work when you want and get paid in cash the same day!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613443].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

          The diner pushes a button and 30 seconds later the machine spits out a cooked pancake. It's weird and not very tasty.
          Automation at its "best" ...

          What will they think of next?

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ord Allenbea
    ezine articles has "ALWAYS" rejected any article that links to a site about spinning. They do it for good reason because article spinning has been ruined by internet marketers that want to sell junk software that replaces this word or that word.

    Content spinning has went on well before the internet and article marketing. The spinning was done properly though and did not replace a few words. Re-Writing articles can be very effective if done properly and done by a human.

    You articles need to be at least 80% in uniqueness and they must be of high quality and not just saying the same thing 20 times over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Studio13
    When I think black hat, I think "exploit" — spinning however is just an article rewrite using a Thesaurus.

    How many of you write an article with your Thesaurus out?

    Naw... back-hat is cookie stuffing, forced CPA and artificial views on your ezinearticles with scrapebox proxies, and even all that's light-black.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
    Actually article spinning kills the content and in some cases the entire meaning of the text is lost. this makes it useless and in many cases the result is fluff with no actual meaning. That is why ezine hates spinned articles
    Signature

    >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5613982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andynathan
    Ezine got hit hard by Panda and they are just doing some CYA for their business. It is not black hat, just not accepted by a lot of large Ezine and search engine companies anymore. Therefore it is not black hat, just not as effective anymore.
    Signature

    Delighfully Inexpensive: The Scientific Formula For Profitable Blogging takes you step-by-step into how to create mind-blowing content that inspires your readers to learn more about your services.
    Scientific Formula For Profitable Blogging Link

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5614010].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by AmandaT View Post

      It seems a lot of people aren't quite understanding what you are asking.

      Many do consider article spinning to be black hat because it reduces the quality of your visitor's experience. EZA does look at websites you are linking to in order to see if they want you to be linking to it. They won't let you link to sites that advertise using PLR either. I assume they figure people will go to your site, order article spinning, and then try to post those articles on EZA.
      I wonder where they ever would have gotten an idea like that...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5615685].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author riaanvdl
    Eza got hurt with all the google algorithm updates recently. So I guess that changed that to help them get up in the ranks again...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5616922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I cant believe people even still use spun articles. The amount of time that it takes to edit the new produced version is like writing an article all over from scratch. Stick with writing new content yourself. You'll save alot of money, and you'll get to focus on getting your 95% of article traffic from the top 5 article directories.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5617914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nicola Lane
    It is a good tip to actually read the writers guidelines before you submit content - then you won't get an unexpected rejection!
    Signature

    I like to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5618660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Worner
    Originally Posted by anders3397 View Post

    And is article spinning actually regarded as black hat?
    Personally, I agree with them......
    No, there is nothing shady about article spinning unless you are spinning other peoples content without their permission which is illegal.

    -Chris
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5618693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author almiller
    Yes spinning is considered Black Hat. A spun article is technically the work of the author that first wrote the content. Spinners merely find synonyms and blend them into a new text. No actual work done here. No originality. I would call it plagiarism.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5619290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ankur sharma
    spinning , everybody hates it, including google
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5619303].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics