Squidoo Lens published?

10 replies
I created a Squidoo lens with over 500 words of unique content and published it, but it has a red minus sign next to it.

It says "This red minus sign means your lens is not currently being featured in Squidoo, and is considered a Work-In-Progress (WIP)."

Does this mean that I need to add more to the lens for it to be included in the search engines? It doesn't tell me if I need to add more content.

I had a lens from many months ago that still shows the red minus sign also, so i take it that it won't publish automatically and there is something I need to do.
#lens #published #squidoo
  • Profile picture of the author Bryan
    Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

    I created a Squidoo lens with over 500 words of unique content and published it, but it has a red minus sign next to it.

    It says "This red minus sign means your lens is not currently being featured in Squidoo, and is considered a Work-In-Progress (WIP)."

    Does this mean that I need to add more to the lens for it to be included in the search engines? It doesn't tell me if I need to add more content.

    I had a lens from many months ago that still shows the red minus sign also, so i take it that it won't publish automatically and there is something I need to do.
    You'll need to add more modules and then republish. You can break up the text into a 2-3 modules, maybe add an Amazon module or 2, a YouTube video, and the Big Link Target to your destination page, and you should be good to go. This will make your Lens look more complete.

    You should add a little more text probably as well, so that you have least 3 blurbs of text that would go in separate modules, which would probably fair better so it's a little more sufficient in the eyes of Squidoo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4879033].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cooler1
      Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

      You'll need to add more modules and then republish. You can break up the text into a 2-3 modules, maybe add an Amazon module or 2, a YouTube video, and the Big Link Target to your destination page, and you should be good to go. This will make your Lens look more complete.

      You should add a little more text probably as well, so that you have least 3 blurbs of text that would go in separate modules, which would probably fair better so it's a little more sufficient in the eyes of Squidoo.
      Thanks for the advice. So is there a minimum amount of modules you need to get your lens properly published?

      Shouldn't Squidoo say add x more modules for your lens to get published properly? As its no good not published because it doesn't appear in the search engines or in squidoos search results.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4879045].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Landoy
        Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

        Thanks for the advice. So is there a minimum amount of modules you need to get your lens properly published?

        Shouldn't Squidoo say add x more modules for your lens to get published properly? As its no good not published because it doesn't appear in the search engines or in squidoos search results.
        There is a progress bar in the upper right corner when you are creating your lens:
        • Write more in your Introduction
        • Add an intro photo related to your topic
        • Write a bio
        • Add a photo of yourself
        • Add 5 completed modules with unique content
        • Pick a topic and subtopic
        • Publish your lens
        • Give your lens at least 5 tags
        • Add a social module (Guestbook, Duel, etc.)
        • Get at least 20 SquidLikes Help
        • Get SquidLiked by a Giant Squid
        Allways be sure you have completed 91% of the bar before you publish it! Now lenses will allways stay red after publishing, 99% of all lenses will then become and featured in about a day.

        There is no need for your lens to reach 100%, its just to help you on your way.

        Anyways after you get 91%, you need a Squidoo Giant to like your lens to get 1% and 20 normal likes to get the remaining 8%.

        Hope this helps
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4879192].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wilsonljx
          I didn't manage to publish my lens as they said I have violated the rules.I have written it out all by myself and there was no affiliate links.

          Wondering what had stopped me from publishing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4879413].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Rankomatic
            Originally Posted by wilsonljx View Post

            I didn't manage to publish my lens as they said I have violated the rules.I have written it out all by myself and there was no affiliate links.

            Wondering what had stopped me from publishing.
            More than likely you chose a banned topic to write about. EG: Jobs, pharmacuticals,erection pills etc.
            Signature
            New Niche's With AMAZING Low Comp Keywords
            Get Your First One FREE
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4879429].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Landoy
            Originally Posted by wilsonljx View Post

            I didn't manage to publish my lens as they said I have violated the rules.I have written it out all by myself and there was no affiliate links.

            Wondering what had stopped me from publishing.
            Yeah, probably banned topic. What was the lens about?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4879573].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author alanross
              Yes more than likely you topic was incorrect or not related to the subject, also make sure you only have a few outbound links, as squidoo will think you are spamming.

              Make sure your html is closed, and you include pictures and your description.
              Once your lens is accepted be sure to publish it, and let the serps find it via rss feed, and submitt it to the serps.
              Get this right and your lens will rank high.
              Signature
              Website traffic- cheap website traffic
              Twitter followers- cheap twitter followers
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4879791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sojourn
    Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

    I created a Squidoo lens with over 500 words of unique content and published it, but it has a red minus sign next to it.

    It says "This red minus sign means your lens is not currently being featured in Squidoo, and is considered a Work-In-Progress (WIP)."
    WIP means one of the following things:
    • lens was never published
    • lens is newly published and waiting for the next daily, Squidoo lensrank update
    • lens has fewer than 5 modules or fewer than 200 characters in the intro
    • lensrank is higher than 400,000
    For a new lens, you may have to wait until the next day for the lens to reflect a green status. It just has to go through Squidoo's daily lensrank update.

    Check and make sure you're not missing the number of modules and intro characters. If that looks good, just wait until tomorrow to see if the lensrank update fixes things. If not, check your lensrank number. If higher than 400,000 just update the lens with some additional material (doesn't have to be a lot) each day until the lensrank improves. This can happen with just one update most of the time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4880033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Terri LC
    If you were able to publish it, it is okay.....it tells you when you don't have enough content. I'm guessing if you went and checked it a day later, it is indexed with Squidoo. And remember that the green dot only means its being 'FEATURED' and it can still be red but no longer WIP.

    Cheers,
    Terri
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4880048].message }}

Trending Topics