This is my first post. I have been following this forum for quite some time but only now i feel i can share a few "secrets" with you. Well, not really secrets but changes i have made to my page recently that have proven to work for me.
This is for anyone selling information products and have your own sales page. I am selling a medical help guide. I choose not to reveal the site or product as i dont want any of you pros jumping in on my pie. lol
I am only getting about 100-150 uniques a day, some of which is paid traffic. I am paying now because the site is only 3 months old and i'm not ranked that high yet. I am however now converting at just above 4% steadily which is huge for me. I sell my product for 19 bones. I use wordpress with the optimizepress theme and have been tweaking it from day 1.
Here are the 5 things that have made my conversion rate double in the last 2 weeks.
1) Improved my money back guarantee from 30 to 60 days. I also changed the wording from "If you're not totally satisfied with my product...." to "If you're not completely cured by using my product after 60 days..."
2) Added a plug-in that displays the visitors native flag at the bottom of my page. (World flags) - magically have sales now from India, Australia and Africa
3) Added some social proof with a Twitter widget that displays by followers (400). I placed the widget only on my "about the author" page
4) Added a video slideshow with narration pretty much summing up my sales page. It's 3.5 mins long.
5) Added a short code that displays the current date and mentions that the current day is the last chance to grab my product at its discounted rate.
These 5 things have drastically improved conversion for me. Hope these tips help you too.