1. Use a Myth. People want to know if what they know is right or wrong. Exposing myths that you may know but not popularly known is a great way to get attention. Example: 10 Myths About Making Money Online.
2. The _____ is Dead. The web is dead. The internet is dead. The CD is dead. Nokia is Dead. Saying that something is about to "sunset" is always an attention grabber. Just make sure your text is interesting to read after a title like that. Make your case. Tell a story but don't exaggerate.
3. # Absolutely Superlative ________. Example: 40 Absolutely Brilliant Marketing Ideas.
5. _______ that people don't know about. Just like the myths, people want to know. So tell them already.
6. A ______ for people who hate ______! Imagine : Classical music for people who hate classical music.
7. Anything Science Fiction. Face it, the people who spend a lot of time online are the early adopters or the geeks. If you get their attention - even if they are not your target market - your article will get a lot of exposure. Specially if these geeks submit your stuff to stumble upon or digg or reedit or some other aggregator like buzzfeed.com.
9. Geek anything. Just like the previous two. Example 11 Great Geek-SEO Techniques.
10. # Most asked questions about ______________. Example: 10 Most Asked Questions About Paypal.
Hope this helps. Anything else you'd like to add?