As I look back to where I am now, relative to where I was when I first started my journey into Internet Marketing, I realize there are a lot of fundamentals that I take for granted. There's also some things I wish I knew then that I know now.
What are some of the fundamentals of Internet Marketing that you would recommend to newbies?
Without going into too much detail on each one, here is what I have identified as the "basics" for newbies to learn. Please add to the list and/or expand on what I've come up with.
- Different Money Making Opportunities: Affiliate Marketing, CPA Marketing, Adsense, Offline Marketing, Product Creation. Understanding what these all are and the difference between them will really help you get on the right track in terms of what you want to pursue.
- Creating a Website: Whether it be a free site or having your own domain, it is important to learn the different options for creating a website. Personally I am a big fan of WordPress because of how easy it can be set up (literally 4 clicks of the mouse!) and how easily it can be customized and updated.
- Driving Traffic to Your Site: Driving traffic to your site is absolutely necessary to make money. Learn the basics of SEO-- keyword research, on-page optimization, backlinking, and link bait among other things. Once you unlock the code to getting a site ranked #1 in Google, the sky is the limit. Learn the other ways to drive visitors as well: Pay-Per-Click, Facebook, Twitter, etc...
- Turning Visitors into Cash: Once you have people coming to your website, it is important to understand how to optimize your page to turn your visitors into buyers or action takers. Getting signed up with an e-mail client like AWeber is extremely important. It's been said before, but I'll say it again-- The money is in the list. Start building your list so you can market to people over and over, not just once when they visit your site.
- Manage Expectations: You have probably already been inundated with offers promising overnight riches and push-button results. It is important to know that having a successful internet marketing business is a marathon, not a sprint. Once you've figured out something that works, expand on it and grow that area. Over time you will grow your business, but have no illusions that you are going to be a millionaire overnight.
For newbies, are there any specific questions you'd like to ask? The Warrior Forum is such a valuable place to learn, so feel free to ask for specifics on anything I've mentioned above.