Ezine Articles Rejected for a totally unique article!

by zzman
22 replies
I submitted a totally unique article for a new product site which has no affiliate links but adsense on each page. The site is thin with only 3 content pages but all content on the site is unique and 500 words. My article I submitted was also a unique article and not the same one on my site. This is what ezine wrote, please advise...


"We would like to help you get this article approved but there is an issue which needs to be resolved first. Your article has been placed in problem status because the link was found to be lacking in quality content. Please check your link and ensure that: • Your link does not contain more than one exit pop-up. • Your link's landing page is content-rich beyond advertising or products for sale. • Your link contains content that is relevant to the article's topic. • Your link contains the same content as your article body. Please edit your article to link directly to the content-rich pages on your site, or edit the link to add additional relevant informative content and resubmit for review."


thanks
#article #articles #ezine #rejected #totally #unique
  • Profile picture of the author waitingforyou
    you can edit your article again, and update it again. maybe it can help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4910358].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morganzolar
      I have been using Ezine for a while now, if your landing page ISN'T spammy and full of advertisement, and if it IS content rich - I would speak to their customer services and ask for a specific reason for them not publishing your article.

      MZ
      Signature

      What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4910371].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by waitingforyou View Post

      you can edit your article again, and update it again. maybe it can help you.
      Originally Posted by daisylovefish View Post

      make sure your article suitable for the requirement of ezinearticle
      Originally Posted by sirtiman View Post

      If you give up, go to outsource it.
      Just a question, but do you guys actually read the posts to which you're replying, here?

      The problem here was nothing to do with the article itself.

      It's there in black and white: "the link was found to be lacking in quality content".

      The problem is with the OP's website.

      It would be rather misdirected effort for him to re-write/edit/update/outsource the article only to get it declined again for exactly the same reason, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911003].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        It would be rather misdirected effort for him to re-write/edit/update/outsource the article only to get it declined again for exactly the same reason, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:
        In theory, the resubmitted article could go to a different EZA article reviewer, and they may see the OP's website differently. Some of their rules are subjective (which is fine), so it can be as simple as getting someone else to approve an article.

        However, I don't think that's the best advice either. EZA has explained what the problem is...so...FIX IT. Trying to find ways around it is counterproductive. If you don't make any changes to your site, then you will have to rely on luck for every article you submit, and that's not a good way to do business.

        I would recommend that you write at least 5 to 10 articles as soon as you can, and then post them to your site to increase the amount of content. Also, you may want to have longer articles on your site to increase the content-to-ad ratio.

        All the best,
        Michael
        Signature

        "Ich bin en fuego!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911034].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Just a question, but do you guys actually read the posts to which you're replying, here?

        The problem here was nothing to do with the article itself.

        It's there in black and white: "the link was found to be lacking in quality content".

        The problem is with the OP's website.

        It would be rather misdirected effort for him to re-write/edit/update/outsource the article only to get it declined again for exactly the same reason, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:
        Alexa, people DON'T read and THAT is a big problem with this world and why
        so many people fail MISERABLY in this business.

        To the OP.

        Put up a web site that isn't crap and you'll get the article approved.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4912107].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4910957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rosetrees
    Originally Posted by zzman View Post

    The site is thin with only 3 content pages


    "We would like to help you get this article approved but there is an issue which needs to be resolved first. Your article has been placed in problem status because the link was found to be lacking in quality content. Please check your link and ensure that: • Your link's landing page is content-rich beyond advertising or products for sale.

    Didn't you just answer your own question there?


    You say yourself that your site is thin. They say you should ensure it is content rich.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zamzung
    I must say that reason for declining article sounds strange to me... I have a bunch of articles approved on Ezine but I've never got a decline for similar reason although some of my sites that article was pointing to was sales pages or mini sites (which sounds similar to OP's website)...

    Now, I don't know how OP's website looks like but I would rather suggest him to go through those reasons that Ezine's reviewer posted and to check his website... And it could be wise to contact them with a clear question about the problem so they can point it out to OP.... that is how he will be able to avoid similar problems in the future...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911370].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      EZA has tightened their oversight with good reason.

      One of the most common errors I see is that someone puts an article on their site - then rewrites (changes around the words) the article and submits it to EZA....and LINKS in the bio box to the original SAME article page on their site.

      That's like saying "if you liked this article, go to my link and read the article again" - people do that and it boggles my mind. Most rewrites are not nearly as "unique" as the writer thinks they are.

      kay
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.
      It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Franklin
    To be honest I just do not care much for EZA, they provide little or no real reciprocity, This forum has a much stronger, back-link in the form of a forum signature than EZA will ever have in one of its articles.

    To me I would rather take that time that you spend trying to get an article approved and write two or three more articles and publish it on your own website.

    Why bother with working for another website, when it is your website that you want to attract people to in the first place, to me it just spells bad sense, in letters that stretch from here to Seattle.

    I stopped supporting EZA when they started down the path to perdition.
    Signature
    Bitcoin | Crypto | Software Development | iOS | Android | AI Crypto |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911574].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Tim Franklin View Post

      To be honest I just do not care much for EZA, they provide little or no real reciprocity
      I hear you, Tim, but reciprocity isn't what article marketers use them for.

      They're the best way there is of achieving some passive syndication, pure and simple ... and that can lead to floods of targeted traffic and some really high-quality, relevant backlinks, too.

      Originally Posted by Tim Franklin View Post

      This forum has a much stronger, back-link in the form of a forum signature than EZA will ever have in one of its articles.
      Agreed - incomparably stronger.

      But that isn't a reason not to use EZA: nobody's using EZA for its own backlinks: that's not the purpose of article directories at all.

      Originally Posted by Tim Franklin View Post

      Why bother with working for another website, when it is your website that you want to attract people to in the first place
      Two answers to this ...

      (i) Submitting your articles to EZA isn't "working for another website" - it's just announcing their availability for syndication in ezines and on relevant websites, to get some extra traffic from them. That's why EZA exists (and it's also why it's called "Ezine Articles", of course - it's a directory of articles for ezines). Nobody's suggesting you should use it for its own traffic or its own backlinks;

      (ii) It takes only seconds to submit your articles to EZA after posting them and having them indexed on your own site, obviously, to ensure that your site gets the initial indexation and primary traffic. It's just something additional (and that "something" can lead to some huge volumes of targeted traffic, opt-ins and sales at your own site later, after your articles are re-published from EZA).

      Originally Posted by Tim Franklin View Post

      , to me it just spells bad sense, in letters that stretch from here to Seattle.
      Respectfully, this is missing the point: to an article marketer, EZA is a potentially highly valuable stepping-stone.

      You seem to be criticising it for being a useless venue in its own right.

      This is totally true and fair and accurate and reasonable and appropriate apart from just one little thing: it's not supposed to be a "venue in its own right" - that's not what it's there for in the first place.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JCorp
    If you message Ezine editors directly you may be able to get a more specific response as well as guidance...again message via ezine account, not email reply.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saxydez
    Yeah, I personally think you should try to update it again and maybe switch around SOME information. Hopefully that helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RHert
    I frequently use Ezine and have come across this very same thing a time or two. Generally You say you have three pages. Are you linking to the one that your article compares with?
    Signature
    Copywriting at it's Best! - Tips and tricks to connect with your reader.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4911751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
    zzman, I think you may be making a classic mistake. You may be confusing the meaning of a 'unique' article. Just because words are rearranged so they pass some mechanical measure of 'not the same' does not mean they're perceived that way by a human reader.

    Linking to another version of the same article, regardless of what something like Copyscape says, is asking for problems.

    Linking to a squeeze page with no real content can be a problem, as some editors treat that as a form of bait and switch - promise additional information, deliver a form.

    The problem isn't likely with the article itself. It may not even be with the landing page. It might be a perceived mismatch between what you promise and what you deliver.

    They gave you a checklist of possible problems. Check one at a time, and go from there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4912088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by dailyblogtools View Post

    try to edit it brother
    Try to read the OP so you can get the context right.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4912308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Le Project
    you need to change the links on your article buddy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4912321].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
      Sweet jeebus it continues...

      Originally Posted by dailyblogtools View Post

      try to edit it brother


      Originally Posted by Le Project View Post

      you need to change the links on your article buddy
      Obviously not actually reading the OP nor the corresponding posts in this thread about folks not reading the OP and round and round we go.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4913547].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dmitch31
    I think some people are being a tad hard on the OP here. EZA has a reputation for being a pain in the rear to work with sometimes, and the message that was received regarding the *problem* was a canned message. EZA's canned messages are typically unhelpful in communicating the real problem (much like error messages from Microsoft!)

    I suppose that only the OP can try to "interpret" the message to figure out what the problem might be and make a change that might get the article on through.

    All of that aside, I just have to say that it's a bit obnoxious to be getting "website critique" from EZA.
    Signature
    Click Here To See How Wealthy Affiliate Newbies Are Making $50 To $100 A Day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4913658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Casper C
    I agree with the above post; I have had problems with post approvals on a couple of occasions, and the reasons given didn't really add up. In the end I just gave up, those guys take forever.
    Signature
    I write high quality articles starting at $5.50 - Original content written in native English!

    --> Click to check out my services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4913895].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dmitch31
      Originally Posted by Casper C View Post

      In the end I just gave up, those guys take forever.
      I agree. They are not particularly responsive and their responses can sometimes take days. I have even heard of other users say that when they run into a problem with EZA getting an article approved that they simply delete the whole article because it's too much trouble to keep messing with them.

      I'm getting to the point to where I'm beginning to agree. It may be easier to just delete the article, make a few changes, resubmit it, and hope to get a different editor that treats it differently on the second go around.
      Signature
      Click Here To See How Wealthy Affiliate Newbies Are Making $50 To $100 A Day!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4913913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mnlewis
    Ok, here's a way to solve your problem with EZA....add more pages!!! Problem Solved.

    I may be slow, but Im not understanding what the problem is. If you have a website to promote the minimum amount of pages a site should have, imho is at least 5. But I could be wrong!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4913906].message }}

Trending Topics