Cancelling Warrior Plus membership

by sidcandid 42 replies
I had paid for Warrior Plus silver membership last month. Is it a automatic deduction each month and how can I cancel my membership?
#main internet marketing discussion forum #cancelling #membership #warrior
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Contact Warrior Plus help desk.

    http://www.warriorplus.com/support/


    p.s. Warrior Plus is NOT owned by Warrior Forum.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
    Bill said it.

    Warriorplus is nothing to do with Warrior forum.

    It's a different site owned by a different person.
    Signature

    nothing to see here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
      Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

      Bill said it.

      Warriorplus is nothing to do with Warrior forum.

      It's a different site owned by a different person.
      Very true - but the average Joe would have no idea. It's a great marketing strategy.
      Signature
      **********
      It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
      **********
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914794].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by Paul Barrs View Post

        Very true - but the average Joe would have no idea. It's a great marketing strategy.
        I guess not all would agree but it probably has the intended effect.
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914805].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by Paul Barrs View Post

        Very true - but the average Joe would have no idea. It's a great marketing strategy.

        It was a great marketing strategy and will continue to be, up until Allen decides to enforce his trademark. Then Mike could be in a world of hurt.
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914812].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author George Wright
          Originally Posted by tpw View Post

          It was a great marketing strategy and will continue to be, up until Allen decides to enforce his trademark. Then Mike could be in a world of hurt.
          I'm not a lawyer. I just play one in my mind. However, I don't think it's about enforcing a trade mark as it would just be a matter of Allen saying "no one can use WP on WSOs anymore.

          And then we would stop. We would HAVE to.

          Whenever I read comments hinting that Allen doesn't approve of WP I think some of us have missed something.

          George Wright
          Signature
          "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914864].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tpw
            Originally Posted by George Wright View Post

            Whenever I read comments hinting that Allen doesn't approve of WP I think some of us have missed something.

            George Wright

            LOL

            I don't think all of us really missed it. :p

            Allen did say that he almost considered making w+ a requirement to run a wso, I believe as his version of an endorsement of the system.

            As such, many people wonder if he has a financial arrangement with Mike on w+.

            Of course, I don't care if he does or did.

            It is just an interesting tangent to the story.

            Either Allen owns a piece of it, or Mike is in a precarious position if Allen ever decides to pull his support.
            Signature
            Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
            Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914893].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              LOL

              I don't think all of us really missed it. :p

              Allen did say that he almost considered making w+ a requirement to run a wso, I believe as his version of an endorsement of the system.

              As such, many people wonder if he has a financial arrangement with Mike on w+.

              Of course, I don't care if he does or did.

              It is just an interesting tangent to the story.

              Either Allen owns a piece of it, or Mike is in a precarious position if Allen ever decides to pull his support.
              And we shall always wonder... I think....

              We could always guess, but guessing and speculation is often not very smart!

              Paul
              Signature
              **********
              It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
              **********
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915113].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author tpw
                Originally Posted by Paul Barrs View Post

                And we shall always wonder... I think....

                We could always guess, but guessing and speculation is often not very smart!

                Paul

                Yeah, I don't like to speculate either...

                But it doesn't stop others from doing so...
                Signature
                Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
                Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915131].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Paul Barrs
                  Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                  Yeah, I don't like to speculate either...

                  But it doesn't stop others from doing so...
                  That's what popcorn is for!
                  Signature
                  **********
                  It's Simple... I don't "sell" IM anymore, but still do lots of YouTube Videos
                  **********
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915144].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
          Originally Posted by tpw View Post

          It was a great marketing strategy and will continue to be, up until Allen decides to enforce his trademark. Then Mike could be in a world of hurt.
          There isn't a trademark on WSO. Just Warrior Forum but Allen isn't protecting his TM or at least doesn't appear to be. You have to protect it from day one not just when you decide to.

          Garrie
          Signature
          Screw You, NameCheap!
          $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

          SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915171].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tpw
            Originally Posted by GarrieWilson View Post

            There isn't a trademark on WSO. Just Warrior Forum but Allen isn't protecting his TM or at least doesn't appear to be. You have to protect it from day one not just when you decide to.

            Garrie

            Garrie: I don't know, and honestly, I don't actually have a horse in this race...

            But, I did draw my conclusions based on the statement found here:
            http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4358724

            And I do know that Twitter waited about 4 years before it started enforcing its trademark.
            Signature
            Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
            Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915205].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              Garrie: I don't know, and honestly, I don't actually have a horse in this race...

              But, I did draw my conclusions based on the statement found here:
              http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4358724

              And I do know that Twitter waited about 4 years before it started enforcing its trademark.
              I know. WordPress waited a while too but from what I have read, from attorneys, not enforcing it from day 1 could cause you to lose it if a lawsuit is ever filed.

              Even if Allen did lose it, he could easily stop things like WP by blocking the domains, not approving posts w/ links, etc.
              Signature
              Screw You, NameCheap!
              $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

              SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915245].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author WillR
                Originally Posted by tpw View Post

                It was a great marketing strategy and will continue to be, up until Allen decides to enforce his trademark. Then Mike could be in a world of hurt.
                There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Mike would be financially compensating this forum and it's owners for the money he is making. This is only my opinion of course. Having said that you need to also understand that Warrior Plus introduced the ability to have affiliates promote WSO's and as such has dramatically increased the popularity of the WSO section and driven a heap of more traffic to the forum. As the forum continues to grow so does the revenue it produces for the owners. So it is a win-win situation but he would be silly not to have some type of agreement with the forum. Otherwise his business could be pulled out from underneath him at any moment.

                What I find hard to understand is that no one else has even tried to compete with Warrior Plus. It wouldn't be very hard to do for someone who has the know how and resources. It would be WELL worth it. Anyone who could take a slice of that pie could easily end up with a million dollar business after not to long. All you would need to do is add some better features, lower your price or even make it free to use, and build up a similar database like Mike has with his WSO of the Day. There is a sh*tload of money to be made there. I wonder who will do it.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915334].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author J Bold
                  Originally Posted by WillR View Post

                  There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Mike would be financially compensating this forum and it's owners for the money he is making. Having said that you need to also understand that Warrior Plus introduced the ability to have affiliates promote WSO's and as such has dramatically increased the popularity of the WSO section and driven a heap of more traffic to the forum. As the forum continues to grow so does the revenue it produces for the owners. So it is a win-win situation but he would be silly not to have some type of agreement with the forum. Otherwise his business could be pulled out from underneath him at any moment.

                  What I find hard to understand is that no one else has even tried to compete with Warrior Plus. It wouldn't be very hard to do for someone who has the know how and resources. It would be WELL worth it. Anyone who could take a slice of that pie could easily end up with a million dollar business after not to long. All you would need to do is add some better features, lower your price or even make it free to use, and build up a similar database like Mike has with his WSO of the Day. There is a sh*tload of money to be made there. I wonder who will do it.
                  I have to disagree with you there.

                  Have you not heard of digiresults?

                  You can promote WSOs as affiliates for WSO sellers who use digiresults for their payment button. Just like WSO Pro, in that regard.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915355].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author WillR
                    Originally Posted by redicelander View Post

                    I have to disagree with you there.

                    Have you not heard of digiresults?

                    You can promote WSOs as affiliates for WSO sellers who use digiresults for their payment button. Just like WSO Pro, in that regard.
                    Yeah, I have heard of them. I am talking about one that is specifically built for WSO offers. Digiresults doesn't compare to Warrior Plus with it's integration into the Warrior Forum.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915387].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Johnny Slater
                      There are a few people working on competition for WSO Pro, all in various stages of completion.

                      I'm working on something myself that will have many of the same features, but with my current personal situation there is no telling how long it will be before it is even close to being ready to roll out.


                      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

                      Yeah, I have heard of them. I am talking about one that is specifically built for WSO offers. Digiresults doesn't compare to Warrior Plus with it's integration into the Warrior Forum.
                      Signature

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915445].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author WillR
                        Originally Posted by Johnny Slater View Post

                        There are a few people working on competition for WSO Pro, all in various stages of completion.

                        I'm working on something myself that will have many of the same features, but with my current personal situation there is no telling how long it will be before it is even close to being ready to roll out.
                        Take note Mike. Any service that comes out and offers users the same features but for free or less could very easily and quickly dominate and take away his entire business model. I guess he has had a good run so far so he can't really complain. It will be interesting to see what comes out though. Mike's platform is great and he has done a fantastic job with it but good things never last forever.

                        For those of you developing these solutions, one feature I desperately want that Warrior Plus does not have is to prevent people from purchasing my product twice. I have had some people purchase my product 3 times without even realizing. It just creates a lot of unnecessary refunds and negatively affects your reputation with Paypal. You also need to build it in a way that everyone who launches a WSO can have their product promoted by affiliates without having to pay a fee.

                        At the moment the only products you can promote are those using Warrior Plus. Since there is a fee to use Warrior Plus obviously there are a lot of products that still do not use it. The more people you can get to use your platform the better it would be for everyone - and the more money you could make.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915540].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
                          Bill, I'm one of those who hates to speculate.

                          I much prefer to specu-early...
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4917731].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
                            Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

                            Bill, I'm one of those who hates to speculate.

                            I much prefer to specu-early...
                            Better speculate than specupregnant.
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4917763].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
                      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

                      Yeah, I have heard of them. I am talking about one that is specifically built for WSO offers. Digiresults doesn't compare to Warrior Plus with it's integration into the Warrior Forum.
                      Agree, it's the data integration into the WF that makes Warrior Plus so special. I don't know any other way to monitor things like "Views" and "Visitors" on your wso sales page, without it.
                      _____
                      Bruce New Media
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4917939].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
                        Originally Posted by brucerby View Post

                        Agree, it's the data integration into the WF that makes Warrior Plus so special. I don't know any other way to monitor things like "Views" and "Visitors" on your wso sales page, without it.
                        _____
                        Bruce New Media
                        Look at your server stats for an image that is placed on the sales letter.

                        There really isn't any special integration that can't be done otherways. Better and cheaper.

                        Garrie
                        Signature
                        Screw You, NameCheap!
                        $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

                        SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4918088].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author WillR
                          Originally Posted by GarrieWilson View Post

                          Look at your server stats for an image that is placed on the sales letter.

                          There really isn't any special integration that can't be done otherways. Better and cheaper.

                          Garrie
                          If I'm not mistaken during some part of the Warrior Plus process when I had to input my Warrior Forum id it then automatically sent me a PM to my Warrior Forum account which I had to confirm. How do you achieve that type of integration without being allowed to do so?
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919722].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author Johnny Slater
                            There are curl calls that allow that from your own site. It is in no way integrated into the forum.

                            What it does is have your server log into the forum and send a PM through a curl function.


                            Originally Posted by WillR View Post

                            If I'm not mistaken during some part of the Warrior Plus process when I had to input my Warrior Forum id it then automatically sent me a PM to my Warrior Forum account which I had to confirm. How do you achieve that type of integration without being allowed to do so?
                            Signature

                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919799].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
                            Originally Posted by WillR View Post

                            If I'm not mistaken during some part of the Warrior Plus process when I had to input my Warrior Forum id it then automatically sent me a PM to my Warrior Forum account which I had to confirm. How do you achieve that type of integration without being allowed to do so?
                            I said for the most part but anyone can write a script to send PMs. Without permision. Mike does that to verify you are a member and it was done before the pro was added. Back when it just emailed WSOs and Mike did that silly rating thing.

                            If you think about it, that integration is pointless since anyone can create an account.

                            Garrie
                            Signature
                            Screw You, NameCheap!
                            $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

                            SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920090].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author George Wright
              Right Bill,

              WSO of the day used to be half price and Allen himself dropped in and said it will be no more, no more half price deals will ever be allowed here on WSOs. So half priced WSOs courtesy of WSO plus/pro were immediately stopped as you know.

              It was later made clear that WSO of the day was not an endorsement of a WSO.

              And in the case of WSOPRO it's not the WSOs that are approved, it's the use of WSOPRO to sell them.

              Neck stuck real far out hoping for it not to be cut off, always regretting being in such discussions but feeling contrary on a Friday night

              George Wright

              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              Garrie: I don't know, and honestly, I don't actually have a horse in this race...

              But, I did draw my conclusions based on the statement found here:
              http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4358724

              And I do know that Twitter waited about 4 years before it started enforcing its trademark.
              Signature
              "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915520].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author art72
              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              Garrie: I don't know, and honestly, I don't actually have a horse in this race...

              But, I did draw my conclusions based on the statement found here:
              http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4358724

              And I do know that Twitter waited about 4 years before it started enforcing its trademark.
              On that note, I'm off to go cease and desist two of my "Twit" domains pronto!:rolleyes: - *They don't make any money anyway!

              -A firm reminder of what one may learn reading random threads.

              Thank You Sir.

              Art
              Signature
              Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Wright
    Actually its a PayPal question.

    George Wright
    Signature
    "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4914813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Also, as far as I know Digiresults is free to use.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4915365].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemcmillan
    In the past couple of months a number emailers have sprung up... at least emails coming from names closely similar to WSO of the Day, e.g. WSO Weekly (Bryan S.), WSO A Day (Jeff C.), etc.... all playing off the name of Mike Lantz' platform. Not saying it's wrong, although they may suffer from a certain lack of creativity. (Maybe it's just good business.)

    Just saying there are people playing off the WSO of the Day name right now. I'm sure someday someone will dig deeper than just the name game. Who knows? When you're top dog people will have you in their sights. It's life.
    Signature

    I'll help you create a reputation-building evergreen product in any niche and launch it successfully!
    Check it out here.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4918143].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author George Wright
      Hmmmm. I wonder if TheBestWSOinTheWholeWideWorld.com is taken. Oh, and what about TheBestWsoInThe.us

      OH Man, just from me. TheOnlyWrightWSOforYouFrom.me

      I'm gonna be RICH.

      George Wright

      Originally Posted by mikemcmillan View Post

      In the past couple of months a number emailers have sprung up... at least emails coming from names closely similar to WSO of the Day, e.g. WSO Weekly (Bryan S.), WSO A Day (Jeff C.), etc.... all playing off the name of Mike Lantz' platform. Not saying it's wrong, although they may suffer from a certain lack of creativity. (Maybe it's just good business.)

      Just saying there are people playing off the WSO of the Day name right now. I'm sure someday someone will dig deeper than just the name game. Who knows? When you're top dog people will have you in their sights. It's life.
      Signature
      "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4918181].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by George Wright View Post

        Hmmmm. I wonder if TheBestWSOinTheWholeWideWorld.com is taken. Oh, and what about TheBestWsoInThe.us

        OH Man, just from me. TheOnlyWrightWSOforYouFrom.me

        I'm gonna be RICH.

        George Wright
        You have to think bigger...WSOoftheHour.com. Get 24 emails per day with links to WSOs, complete with affiliate links!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4918498].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author R Hagel
      Originally Posted by mikemcmillan View Post

      In the past couple of months a number emailers have sprung up... at least emails coming from names closely similar to WSO of the Day, e.g. WSO Weekly (Bryan S.), WSO A Day (Jeff C.), etc.... all playing off the name of Mike Lantz' platform.
      I look at it this way: All of them, Mike Lantz included, are playing off the Warrior Forum name. They're all playing off the name of Allen Says' platform.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4918198].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Meharis
        Originally Posted by R Hagel View Post

        I look at it this way: All of them, Mike Lantz included, are playing off the Warrior Forum name. They're all playing off the name of Allen Says' platform.

        Thank you, thank you, thank you R. Hagel !!
        Finally, someone writing without adding "mistery" to it.
        Everyone was referring to "Mike" here Mike there...
        The neophytes, myself included also, are very grateful.
        Meharis
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919926].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mstewart
    Originally Posted by sidcandid View Post

    I had paid for Warrior Plus silver membership last month. Is it a automatic deduction each month and how can I cancel my membership?
    Log in to your paypal account and delete the automatic payment.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4918262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gavori
    Just cancel the pre-approved payments on paypal. Then you will stop being billed :]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author plongmire
    It seems all the big time people have come to this thread to comment. As I read what everyone of you said, I thought how cool it would be if you guys all worked together and produced an ultimate WSO...

    Everyone with over 3000 posts..."How To Use Warrior Forum"
    Signature
    Make Your First $1000 Online

    Click Here For Your Invite

    Get a Behind-The-Scenes Look at How I Made My First $1000 online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Web Tempest
    Even if you created something better than WSO Pro, it would take ages sway people to use it. WSO pro has advertising on nearly every WSO post with it's buttons...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919935].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
      Originally Posted by Web Tempest View Post

      Even if you created something better than WSO Pro, it would take ages sway people to use it. WSO pro has advertising on nearly every WSO post with it's buttons...
      Would take me all of 5 seconds.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stevenjacobs
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4919968].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author halfpoint
      Warrior Plus has a paid membership?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4920015].message }}

Trending Topics