Ways of promoting my blog

35 replies
May i know some of the ways to promote my blog for example,submitting my blog to blog directories?

Much appreciated!
#blog #promoting #ways
  • Profile picture of the author Marian
    Actually there are tons of ways...submit your blog's feed to feed directories. Send your posts updates to Twitter, Facebook with automating plugins..

    Send your blog posts by broadcasting with your autoresponder, use the blog's feed with squidoo, hubpages..

    Use your blog's feed on your other blogs by using widgets. Promote with your signature, promote on Yahoo Answers... search for more options here at WF


    Hope it helped a bit
    Marian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RAMarketing
    Submit your RSS feed to as many RSS directories as you can find; submit your post to Ezine articles, syndicate it with iSnare, check to see if you are republished elsewhere.... there are literally hundreds of ways. Master 2-3 at a time and keep going :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vanny12
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aref1212
      Originally Posted by vanny12 View Post

      post 3-4 fresh & unique articles on your blog.

      submit blog directories
      article submission
      forum submission
      social media submission
      Q & A submission
      Yes, try the above ways.
      I usually use Facebook and Twitter. While there are so many websites, try to post your blog URL.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937831].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Beverley Watts
        Head over to Kim Roach's blogg at Buzzblogger. She actually supplies over 500 places to syndicate your content online - brilliant. » 500+ Places to Syndicate Your Content
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937850].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author stong
          Originally Posted by Beverley Watts View Post

          Head over to Kim Roach's blogg at Buzzblogger. She actually supplies over 500 places to syndicate your content online - brilliant. » 500+ Places to Syndicate Your Content
          Beverley, thank you SO much for this! It's just what I was looking for! I've actually hit on the idea of doing a specific search for 'submit articles' and had some success, but now that I've seen the sheer possibilities...

          To anyone else doing article marketing the RIGHT way, this link here is absolute GOLD. I'm sorry for hyping this up, but that post is invaluable for tracking down websites that will syndicate your article, no questions asked (most of the time).

          I for one will squeeze every link I can from this resource.
          Signature
          Need a writer? Click here to get content that you'd be proud to have...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4956197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Darla Christensen
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Titan
    Networking using networking websites is one of the best ways to promote your blog. Find the people following blogs in your industry and communicate with them. If your blog provides positive insight, people will visit it and re-visit it.
    Signature
    New Members Challenge! Join me in 2012. Set an income goal for the New Year and achieve it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937748].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eidolon
      Take a look at fivver dot com.

      Search for blog promotion or seo

      There you will find a huge variety of offerings that others are using to promote their blogs. You can use those services or follow their systems and do it yourself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mstewart
    try these ways to promote your blog:
    1.log on website related to your blog suject
    2.to marketing forum,link to other people's blog
    3.to seek help from expert(someone or company)to do this for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DIGITALCHAMELEON
    Social Bookmarking and RSS is very significant too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author designerjack
    Consider writing good content and getting links sent to it such as; social bookmarking, partnering up for link exchanges, and buying links. You'll be surprised at how much traffic you can get with a simple wordpress site, writing up every topic and idea that comes into your mind. Keep in mind, your market is more like you... Think like your market and write about content as to how they would be searching on search engines. "how can I get my site ranking on Google" if you're targeting webmasters or SEO/IMers
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arthur Barn
    Signature
    Read to know more about heartburn symptoms and remedies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4937904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chaujka
    As you try the above, you may also want to buy traffic or hire professional assistance. The bottom line is that you need money in your pocket, right?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4938354].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4938677].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Penny Lane
      Hello!

      I have been wondering the same thing, too. Then I've read something on the internet (jamesdebono.com)that I've found very helpful.

      Since I can't post a link on my replies yet, let me just paste here the ways on promoting a blog, and for your own convenience as well.
      • Use Quality content
      OK, so I know you have just sighed and said to yourself "not again" but it cannot be ignored. You have post fresh content all the time. I am not talking about any old rubbish; I am talking about posting quality content on a regular basis. Both visitors and the search engines love new content so make sure you post often. It is important however, that you maintain your standards. There are going to be days when you suffer from writers block or just lack that killer edge, battle through and make sure that you get great stuff out there. The more content you have, the greater the chance of ranking for more keywords, which will mean an increase in organic traffic.
      • Use Social Bookmarking Sites
      Use Social Bookmarking sites like Digg and Stumbleupon. In order to get success from these social bookmarking sites remember they are called "social" for a reason. If you just go in and promote your own content then you are adding no value to the community, which means you will not generate any traffic to your site. To add value to the community be active spend an allotted time each day, even if it's only 5 or 10 minutes, reading other peoples posts and liking and sharing them. The more you participate the more people are likely to reciprocate and your posts will be shared.
      You can also you use social bookmarking software tools such as Social Monkeethat allows you to syndicate to many sites at once.
      • Use Forums
      If you want todrive targeted traffic to your blogthen you need to go where the traffic is. If you are in the herbal remedies niche then find forums that relate to herbal remedies. Join the community and contribute to prove yourself to be the expert in your field by answering questions and providing comments for other users.
      Always provide a link back to your blog in your profile and you could even sign up using the name of your blog as your username. Every time someone sees a post from you they will see the name of your blog. Curiosity killed the cat, but it may just bring new readers to your blog!
      • Use Video
      We are all aware that video is the hottest thing in marketing right now. Why? Quite simply because that is where there is huge numbers of traffic. If you want to know how to promote a blog then adding video is vital. Video sites such as Youtube, Vimeo and Metacafe, to name but a few, get tons and tons of traffic because people like to consume information in different ways. So introduce videos into your marketing mix in order to better promote your blog. If you write a good post then make a video out of it. You could make a simple introductory video giving an appetizer of what they can expect and then leading them to your blog for the main course.
      • Make sure you add your blog's URL to an opening or closing "scene" of the video.
      • Add a link to your blog in the description.
      • Leave comments on "related" popular videos mentioning your blog URL

      • Use Social Media
      I couldn't do a list of How to promote a blog without mentioning social media. As with the video sites there are millions and millions of potential visitors to your blog and prospects for your business crawling all over social media sites like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. If you are not on and contributing on these sites then you need to ask yourself why not? If the leading brands in the world are on them that tells you something. It tells you that social media is profitable. So stop procrastinating and get on it!
      • Make sure you have your blog URL on your profile or information pages.
      • When you create new content share it with your followers and friends.
      • Like forums, social media sites have groups. Join groups that are relevant to your niche and post related content in those groups always linking back to your blog.
      • Share and comment on other peoples' content. You will find this will get reciprocated.
      • Write contents for other sites
      Getting your name out there and recognized as a leader in your field is paramount to the success of your blog. So leverage the readership of other sites in your field to help promote you and your blog. There are sites such as Ezinearticles that allow you to submit articles around whichever subject you like. Write quality content and publish to Ezinearticles making sure that you complete your profile and have a link back to your blog. You can also add URLs in the body of the article back to your site that provide great back links from a high PR (Page Rank) site.
      Ezinearticles is not the only site, there are so many, Squidoo and Hubpages carry good ranking and have good traffic.
      You can also search for the leading blogs or sites in your niche, approach the webmaster, and find out if you could submit a guest post. Again the site already has credibility in your niche, so why not leverage that to build your brand.

      • Make it easy to share
      You have created quality content, you have promoted your blog and you are getting targeted traffic to your blog. The readers are lapping everything up. One problem, there is no way for them to share it with their friends or followers. Big Mistake, Huge! (as said by Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman!) Make it so that your blog posts are easy to share. If you use WordPress then get and install a plug-in such as Sociable or SexyBookmarks, and more importantly make sure that they work.


      I hope you find time to read my post. I think, these ways are very helpful to your problem.
      Signature
      Pepper Virtual Assistants - Work SMARTER, Not Harder!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4939080].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author James Debono
        Penny,
        Thanks for sharing my post How to Promote a Blog- 7 Super Strategies To Get You Started jamesdebono.com/hot-to-promote-a-blog

        In response to the original question by wilsonljx
        Originally Posted by wilsonljx
        May I know some of the ways to promote my blog for example,submitting my blog to blog directories?

        Much appreciated!

        I would focus on producing valuable content that educates, enlightens and entertains. If you can do all three with one piece of content even better. You want to product quality content consistently and frequently. If you put in the work your content will get shared and your readership will grow.

        James

        Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post

        Hello!

        I have been wondering the same thing, too. Then I've read something on the internet (jamesdebono.com)that I've found very helpful.

        Since I can't post a link on my replies yet, let me just paste here the ways on promoting a blog, and for your own convenience as well.

        • Use Quality content
        OK, so I know you have just sighed and said to yourself "not again" but it cannot be ignored. You have post fresh content all the time. I am not talking about any old rubbish; I am talking about posting quality content on a regular basis. Both visitors and the search engines love new content so make sure you post often. It is important however, that you maintain your standards. There are going to be days when you suffer from writers block or just lack that killer edge, battle through and make sure that you get great stuff out there. The more content you have, the greater the chance of ranking for more keywords, which will mean an increase in organic traffic.
        • Use Social Bookmarking Sites
        Use Social Bookmarking sites like Digg and Stumbleupon. In order to get success from these social bookmarking sites remember they are called "social" for a reason. If you just go in and promote your own content then you are adding no value to the community, which means you will not generate any traffic to your site. To add value to the community be active spend an allotted time each day, even if it's only 5 or 10 minutes, reading other peoples posts and liking and sharing them. The more you participate the more people are likely to reciprocate and your posts will be shared.
        You can also you use social bookmarking software tools such as Social Monkeethat allows you to syndicate to many sites at once.
        • Use Forums
        If you want todrive targeted traffic to your blogthen you need to go where the traffic is. If you are in the herbal remedies niche then find forums that relate to herbal remedies. Join the community and contribute to prove yourself to be the expert in your field by answering questions and providing comments for other users.
        Always provide a link back to your blog in your profile and you could even sign up using the name of your blog as your username. Every time someone sees a post from you they will see the name of your blog. Curiosity killed the cat, but it may just bring new readers to your blog!
        • Use Video
        We are all aware that video is the hottest thing in marketing right now. Why? Quite simply because that is where there is huge numbers of traffic. If you want to know how to promote a blog then adding video is vital. Video sites such as Youtube, Vimeo and Metacafe, to name but a few, get tons and tons of traffic because people like to consume information in different ways. So introduce videos into your marketing mix in order to better promote your blog. If you write a good post then make a video out of it. You could make a simple introductory video giving an appetizer of what they can expect and then leading them to your blog for the main course.
        • Make sure you add your blog's URL to an opening or closing "scene" of the video.
        • Add a link to your blog in the description.
        • Leave comments on "related" popular videos mentioning your blog URL
        • Use Social Media
        I couldn't do a list of How to promote a blog without mentioning social media. As with the video sites there are millions and millions of potential visitors to your blog and prospects for your business crawling all over social media sites like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. If you are not on and contributing on these sites then you need to ask yourself why not? If the leading brands in the world are on them that tells you something. It tells you that social media is profitable. So stop procrastinating and get on it!
        • Make sure you have your blog URL on your profile or information pages.
        • When you create new content share it with your followers and friends.
        • Like forums, social media sites have groups. Join groups that are relevant to your niche and post related content in those groups always linking back to your blog.
        • Share and comment on other peoples' content. You will find this will get reciprocated.
        • Write contents for other sites
        Getting your name out there and recognized as a leader in your field is paramount to the success of your blog. So leverage the readership of other sites in your field to help promote you and your blog. There are sites such as Ezinearticles that allow you to submit articles around whichever subject you like. Write quality content and publish to Ezinearticles making sure that you complete your profile and have a link back to your blog. You can also add URLs in the body of the article back to your site that provide great back links from a high PR (Page Rank) site.
        Ezinearticles is not the only site, there are so many, Squidoo and Hubpages carry good ranking and have good traffic.
        You can also search for the leading blogs or sites in your niche, approach the webmaster, and find out if you could submit a guest post. Again the site already has credibility in your niche, so why not leverage that to build your brand.

        • Make it easy to share
        You have created quality content, you have promoted your blog and you are getting targeted traffic to your blog. The readers are lapping everything up. One problem, there is no way for them to share it with their friends or followers. Big Mistake, Huge! (as said by Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman!) Make it so that your blog posts are easy to share. If you use WordPress then get and install a plug-in such as Sociable or SexyBookmarks, and more importantly make sure that they work.


        I hope you find time to read my post. I think, these ways are very helpful to your problem.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4951232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natorob
    Syndicating your content to get it in front of as many people as possibl is the key. I'm having luck with video views as well as doc sites...
    Signature
    Tips I've picked up over 11 years of online marketing... FInd out the best ones here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4939094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author njouze
    There are so many ways to promote your blog. There are as many as 42 social media sites and counting. It might take a lot of time to set them up but if you really want to succeed, i suggest that you take time to do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4939263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author njouze
    There are over 42 social media sites on the internet. It may take you a while to find them and set yourself up on them, but in the end it is worth your while. If you want to promote your blog, I advise you to take time and set yourself up for success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4939382].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Kage
    Well, you can setup an OnlyWire account. It will speed things up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4939400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaper7
    In addition to all the methods above, you can also be a guest blogger on other blogs and include your sig file that points back to your blog. This method is highly effective especially if you blog on some popular sites.
    Signature
    Think Tank >>> Devise Wealth Mastermind <<<

    * FREE e-Book *5 Principles for Becoming Wealthy



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4939503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author speedylikesKJ
    Originally Posted by wilsonljx View Post

    May i know some of the ways to promote my blog for example,submitting my blog to blog directories?

    Much appreciated!
    warrior forum is full of such info just read more and more stuff . check out old threads over here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4940166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author srijshm
    Consistently posting blog comments (5-10) comments a day is sure to improve traffic to your blog. If you hyperlink your comment, even the page ranking of your site will get a tremendous boost.

    Installing onlywire plug in is the fastest way to post your updates on syndication sites.

    Being active on yahoo answers & mentioning your site as the resource for the answer will be good for your blog too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4940241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Gould
    1. Article directories

    Use article directories to gain real link juice and human traffic to your blog.
    www.EzineArticles.com
    Free Articles Directory | Submit Articles - ArticlesBase.com

    2. Social media

    It's common practice, but Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit and other such sites will drive human traffic and potential click throughs

    3. Press Releases

    Got news? Write a press release!

    Press Release Distribution - Submit Press Releases Online - PRWeb - submit your press releases and get some more exposure

    hope this helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4951258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paigelee
    Try out posting unique content about your website to blog directories such as squidoo, blog<.>com, blogger, hubpage, tumblr, wordpress. And create pdf files and post it to posterous, scribd, blog<.>com... these are just a very helpful ways to promote your blog and get good quality back links that will improve visibility of your blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4951268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Golgo
    Using blog comment and social network right now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4951302].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobBritt
    If you're on FB, try the Networked Blogs.. News Worth Talking About | NetworkedBlogs by Ninua
    Signature

    For High Quality Affordable Articles Click Here --> Rob Writes

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4953232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author keepgoin
    Press releases and Good Ol' quality content are great first steps!

    Andy
    Signature

    Learning Fast Right Here :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4955729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steveso
    I am new here and was searching the forum on ways to improve traffic to my blogs, which are about 6 months old. Iam retired and find blogging a great way to fill up my day. Many suggestions I have read say to your blog on directories or syndication sites. I have tried this, but the problem I see is that most are reciprocal. If I use these I will not have any space left to post anything. I also want to increase my revenue, so I will just have to keep reading here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4970178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author waitingforyou
    i think the most important thing is to build a qualified blog. then you can exchange the back link or try other ways.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4970361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WakondaMarketing
    Try to offer freebies and have an opt-in form in your blog. This will be a good way to bild mailing list. Also, you can join various social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Conduct a mini-contest, this will give you additional likers and followers.
    Signature

    Wakonda Marketing Inc
    Want to crush it with Media Buying ?
    Needs hordes of traffic ?
    Call us now 514-688-2576
    or visit http://www.wakondamarketing.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4970417].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author orina
    there are many ways, such as social bookmarking, article submitting, forum posting, RSS submitting, press release....You can try each of them, or just make the best of some of them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4970466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mindtricks18
    Submit Rss in Google reader and share post on buzz and others social bookmarking sites from google readers .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4970912].message }}

Trending Topics