Why 90% Internet Marketers fail and give up?

by bon
71 replies
I want to make an ebook about internet marketing, it's infact a free ebook that will help newbie internet marketers how to succeed. so i thought to get opinions from fellow warriors.

I have heard this many times That: " 90% of internet marketers don't succeed "

Can you please share your ideas why there is such High rate of failure
#90% #fail #give #internet #marketers
  • Originally Posted by bon View Post

    Can you please share your ideas why there is such High rate of failure
    People don't give it enough time, and can't handle the failure.


    "Life's real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up." - Cant Remember
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4956987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SimoneRyan
    I think the rate is high because they give up. When you start anything new you are going to fail a few times before you learn how to do stuff unless you have a lot of luck. It has always been like that. So if they don't quit early and keep on learning new things they will eventually succeed and learn what works and what doesn't.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    And I bet that 90% of people writing ebooks on how not to fail, end up failing as well. LOL.

    People are lazy man... once they overcome laziness they are so screwed in the head from information overload that they try waaaay too many things just long enough for it to not work immediately and go to the next.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957049].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mounds
      I think it's a very complex issue, and I'm not even sure knowing why it happens will help solve it. A few factors that contribute would be:

      - loss aversion
      - environment
      - unrealistic expectations
      - information overload

      I'm sure there are hundreds of reasons. Most of them will be complex psychological processes that we'll cover with the blanket terms like "lazy", "transient", and "unsure".

      In other words, no one can accurately say why they or other people fail. In addition, it's not really helpful :p That's why we don't have personal finance books entitled, "Why You're In Debt."

      Instead of wondering why 90% of people blew it, how about asking how 10% of people succeeded?

      -Tim

      Edit: Just noticed that you are looking to create an e-book that teaches others to succeed. Be sure to ask the right questions here. Does knowing how to avoid failure equate to success? If I were to lay on the couch all day, I could avoid failure entirely. How can you use failure for success?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957129].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Wilson Low
        1. Maybe they are too influenced by impressions that scams given, claiming IM can make instant and big $$, with just a single click (or something like that)

        2. Maybe they are lazy to set up a website or learn how to set up a website, write articles, blogs, post in forums, unwilling to outsource or place ads or expect it free of charge, etc

        3. Maybe they thought they've grasp the total concept of SEO when they don't, and when there's no result, they call it a day

        4. Maybe they expect IM to have immediate regular income just like their paychecks from their regular jobs

        5. Maybe what they are earning is not as much as what they expect

        6. Maybe they are lazy to learn and expect things just to happen when you become a member

        7. Maybe they don't even need the extra online income but was just trying out

        8. Maybe they are brainwashed by friends, fellow colleagues, family that "Look, there's no such thing as making money online. Come back to earth" sort of thing

        9. Maybe they switched to Forex, surveys, designing, professional blogging/article writing etc etc rather than marketing

        10. Maybe it is wise to give up sometimes? "Try, try and stop. No point being a fool about it."

        11. Maybe they created massive traffics and leads but minimal sale.

        I dunno, Im guessing all the way lol
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by bon View Post

    I want to make an ebook about internet marketing, it's infact a free ebook that will help newbie internet marketers how to succeed.
    Is that an area in which you have successful coaching/training experience, yourself?

    I ask because there are probably more ebooks written on that subject than on any other single subject, and "author reputation/credibility" is certainly one way to break into what's surely one of the world's most competitive markets.

    Originally Posted by bon View Post

    I have heard this many times That: " 90% of internet marketers don't succeed "

    Can you please share your ideas why there is such High rate of failure
    Where does your 90% figure come from?

    I suspect that the commonest reason for failure is that people starting off can't tell information from misinformation, and accordingly they copy systems that don't really work, and understandably get disillusioned, either quickly or slowly.

    The main reason for that is probably the plethora of people who haven't had great, long-lasting, well-established success in internet marketing themselves who decide (often correctly, I'm sorry to say) that writing an ebook aimed at beginners is an easier way to make money than anything else.

    It may seem ironic, at first glance, but the reality is that this is one of those problems partly caused - or at the very least significantly exacerbated - by its own "attempted solutions": in other words, it's self-perpetuating.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957068].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ernie Mitchell
      90% of all internet marketers fail because 90% of all brick and mortar businesses fail and we don't want to be out-done.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sanjon
    Actually most of the people try to get there hands on each and every thing!!

    Be it seo, affiliate marketing, graphics designing, writing articles and at the end of the day, they get nothing!!!
    Be the best in one particular thing and you will surely get consistent income!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bon
      Originally Posted by sanjon View Post

      Actually most of the people try to get there hands on each and every thing!!

      Be it seo, affiliate marketing, graphics designing, writing articles and at the end of the day, they get nothing!!!
      Be the best in one particular thing and you will surely get consistent income!!
      I've agree with you because the first time i started online business i almost do all the above things you've mentioned above at once, and at that time i didn't succeed.

      Finally i decided to settle on freelancing and particularly article writing. within some few weeks i started making some cash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Fletcher
    People don't give up because they fail, they fail because they give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author World Marketing
    When people don't see success right away they get discouraged and quit...IM takes time and effort.
    Signature

    I make $5,000+ a month online [CLICK HERE] to see how you can do the same starting today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tarpon19
    People are naturally lazy and put forth no effort. Once they realize it isn't a cake walk they give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
    Although I don't think it is correct figure, I have to say. Many people jump into IM because they think online money is "easy money" once they realize it is not and require more than what they know now, they decide to give up.

    It is not easy money, and it is not free. You will need money, you will need knowledge, you will need passion, you will need experience and more important you will need to be patient enough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957277].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bon
      Originally Posted by onegoodman View Post

      Although I don't think it is correct figure, I have to say. Many people jump into IM because they think online money is "easy money" once they realize it is not and require more than what they know now, they decide to give up.

      It is not easy money, and it is not free. You will need money, you will need knowledge, you will need passion, you will need experience and more important you will need to be patient enough.
      You're absolutely right. it's not so simple as the "get rich quick" programs promise. and it's for free either. IM require lot knowledge and some investment.

      And finally patient is a must.

      Thanks for the advise
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fazal Mayar
    because it takes a lot of time, its like asking why so many students give up on school?
    Signature

    Blogger at RicherOrNot.com (Make Money online blog but also promoting ethical internet marketing)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
    While I believe it is impossible to quantify the failure rate
    with any degree of specificity or accuracy I have no doubt
    that it is very high... and for a very good reason.

    Toss out all the accusations of laziness and lack of focus.
    Those factors certainly contribute but the plain truth is that
    not everyone is capable of succeeding in the marketing game.

    Successful marketing is a combination of art and science. It is
    the rare brain that is capable of being both creative and analytical.

    As much as we'd like to think that just about anyone can become
    successful at marketing by doing a few simple things repeatedly, it
    just isn't so.

    Oh, but you say, I can always outsource the things I'm weak at.

    Yes, you can. But if you don't have that skill how will you know
    that your source is providing an effective product that will enhance
    your results? The truth is, you don't.

    Outsourcing is not the answer to lack of skills... it's the answer
    to leveraging time for those who do possess the skills.

    There you have it... the reason many fail and give up is because
    they just aren't capable of doing it... period.
    Signature
    If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Xavier Xu
    Why 90% of the people who join a gym quit in the first month?

    ... lack of purpose?
    ... lack of motivation?
    ... laziness?

    You tell me. It's human nature. Success is something achieved by the minority of people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IamTJM
    I believe that new marketers don't stick to their plan long enough to see success because they want something that works right away and oftentimes that isn't the case. Honestly, that is how I was when I first began. I started with CPA through PPC and my ROI was absolutely terrible when I first started so I jumped around from method to method, CPA to Clickbank to Amazon to micro niche adsense websites, etc... but I finally decided to strap down and focus on one thing with CPA and I found little success. This time, instead of being pessimistic about how little success I had, I looked at what I was doing right, and scaled it. Now it is my main source of income and I have also branched out to other ventures.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThelemaqueTip
    Here is my honest truth about this topic..people fail because they want fast money. they expect to get result in 24 hours..what they dont know is the time and hard work you haVe to put in it..when they don't see result they start calling it SCAM
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4957780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rich Kid
    One reason you might want to include that I see alot of people doing is that they are trying to many things at once. When out come up with one strategy and stick with it until you see some money with it or realize that it's not going to work (give it time before reaching this conclusion). If you come on here and pick out several different methods of making money and try to execute them all at once it can be extremely overwhelming and will make people more likely to quit.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Redlinger
    I suggest that people who are about to give up do not think of their efforts as failures. Rather think of them as not succeeding yet!!!
    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gedas Biz
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958181].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bon
      Originally Posted by Gedas Biz View Post

      People tend to expect to get something really quick and without their effort. However, you need to put effor everywhere, doesn't matter if it's IM or any other activity.
      yeah that's true many people expect to start earning $1000-$2000/day as the get rich ebooks claim.

      The first ebook i bought claim that i'll make $1000/day by typing simple data into online forms.

      So when i registered i was told to post ads on some sites, do ppc and more posting.

      after posting the ads for about 3weeks i made only one sale and the sale was refunded back to the customer.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author investasap
    People are customised to push button this bush button that,but they dont realize none of that bs stuff works,but they think they will find a push button system that will work as thats all they ever here about,people are lazy too sorry to say it but its true and i can admit that i can be lazy at times,people want to crack the code straight away and make thousands over nite and all these clickbank wonders tell them its possible unfortunatley,so most spend loads of money of vendors products from clickbank and dont get anywhere and end up giving up,not me though im a determind person and found the way but majourity people are taken down the wrong path.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrLinkBuilder
    Originally Posted by bon View Post

    I want to make an ebook about internet marketing, it's infact a free ebook that will help newbie internet marketers how to succeed. so i thought to get opinions from fellow warriors.

    I have heard this many times That: " 90% of internet marketers don't succeed "

    Can you please share your ideas why there is such High rate of failure
    They don't have the right mindset and they don't treat their online business as real business.
    The first thing it comes to mind is MONEY and how much they wish/think they can make. While they don't put enough thoughts of how to plan their online business and implement all the things they learnt online. Even after building a website they think they can earn money straight away and then they start a new project.
    Signature
    ------------------------------> MrLinkBuilder<------------------------------
    From $39 - $199.

    Professional Video creation and link submissions to Video sites, 10,000+ Blog Networks, Web 2.0 Profiles, Social Networks, Bookmarking Networks, .EDU and .GOV sites, Press Release, Article Directories.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Terry Hatfield
    90% of internet marketers don't fail. It is the newbies who fail.

    The reason is pretty obvious.

    Either they are doing stuff that doesn't work or doing stuff that does work but are not following the instructions very carefully and therefore are screwing up a good plan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958346].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kodyabbott
    Search the forum...........

    Why do so many newbies fail?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonB
    Originally Posted by bon View Post

    I want to make an ebook about internet marketing, it's infact a free ebook that will help newbie internet marketers how to succeed. so i thought to get opinions from fellow warriors.

    I have heard this many times That: " 90% of internet marketers don't succeed "

    Can you please share your ideas why there is such High rate of failure
    Interesting that you would ask this question, because your SIG states "LEARN HOW TO MAKE $100-$200/DAY WITH FREE PLR PRODUCT"

    Wouldn't you only promote what you preach? Or, are you failing at that too?

    Either way, it takes time, patience and a little bit of cash to start making money online. Make sure your target is to make $1, from there you can go for $5, and then move on up.

    GC
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steven sanderson
    To much white noise and sales crap selling the dream out there,
    An attitude of how much can i make instead of how much can i give !!
    Not sticking to one thing,
    Information overload,
    Dont realize they have to put work in and learn new skills,
    Dont get a mentor,
    Expect to make money overnight,

    etc etc etc etc i wont go on but these are just a few things :rolleyes:
    Signature
    [RAVE REVIEWS] WSO - THIS MAY JUST BE THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU EVER MAKE !!

    DON'T BELIEVE ME, CLICK THE LINK AND SEE FOR YOURSELF http://www.warriorplus.com/wso/view/40365
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ludovico
    If you want to succeed, you need to pick one method and stick with it. Too many times will those new to the IM game buy an eBook that promises this and that, but never follow through with the plan laid out for them.

    There are a ton of ways to make money online. Choose one, and master it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by bon View Post

    Can you please share your ideas why there is such High rate of failure
    It's a question of halves.

    Half the people who start internet marketing never try anything. That's 50% failed.

    Half the people who try don't do something that could ever work at all. That's 75% failed.

    Half the people doing something that could work don't really try to make it work. That's 87.5% failed.

    Half the people that try to make it work don't ever try the right thing. That's 93.75% failed.

    Half the people that try the right thing don't do enough of it. That's 96.875% failed.

    And that's why we say 97% of internet marketers fail.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958952].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      It's a question of halves.

      Half the people who start internet marketing never try anything. That's 50% failed.

      Half the people who try don't do something that could ever work at all. That's 75% failed.

      Half the people doing something that could work don't really try to make it work. That's 87.5% failed.

      Half the people that try to make it work don't ever try the right thing. That's 93.75% failed.

      Half the people that try the right thing don't do enough of it. That's 96.875% failed.

      And that's why we say 97% of internet marketers fail.
      I vote this for the post of the day.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958976].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author devogolf
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        I vote this for the post of the day.
        I'll Second That...!!!
        Signature


        There is more information and some great FREE stuff over at http://www.allandevlin.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6204529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EugeneA
    Internet Marketing isn't for everyone, just as everyone isn't intended to be famous.

    In my opinion, IM is a great privilege, but enjoying such a privilege requires great work and determination.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Bright
    People fail online because of a) Mis information, b) chasing the magic bullet that doesnt exist, c) not treating it like a proper business d) information overload and the list goes on.

    Marketing online is like anything that is worth doing, it takes time to learn and implement and find out what works for you.

    Couple to that there are many ways in which to succeed online and no shortage of people telling you that there way is the only way to make money.

    A solid business strategy proven to work over time such as list building and applied consistent effort will see results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4958970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaper7
    This industry is just like any other. Its very rare that you can make it in any industry with just a dollar and a dream however many lie to beginners that they can. In addition many also say that you can succeed with just a few hours set it and forget type of effort.

    My friends, I am here to tell you that without proper investment of resources such as knowledge, money, time and the correct outsource, many indeed will fail. It you are new and dont want to fail, get back to the drawing table and re-group and maybe you will make it this time around.
    Signature
    For a limited time, get our $497 value
    >>> Website and Business Fanpage FREE <<<

    *** FREE Miniature-Course ***
    10 Days to Internet Business Site Profits
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 3000
    Personally I believe Internet Marketers fail and give up because they are drawn to all this hype about quick cash. Many newbies read eye catching headlines like "Make $10,000 in 30 Minutes" and when they buy the product and it doesn't work they give up and call Internet Marketing a scam.

    Originally Posted by bon View Post

    I want to make an ebook about internet marketing, it's infact a free ebook that will help newbie internet marketers how to succeed. so i thought to get opinions from fellow warriors.

    I have heard this many times That: " 90% of internet marketers don't succeed "

    Can you please share your ideas why there is such High rate of failure
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pinky Painter
    It maybe the Internet Marketer is not familiar with the products/services that they provide. So, they are not able to market their products/services well. When the business failed, they will complain: this is not easy to do. And, eventually they give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Damielle
    The answer lies in the difference between 'Making Money Online' and running an Online Business. People think that the 2 are the same but they really aren't.

    People who are just trying to make money online are looking for a quick fix, so they chase the push button, get rich quick, "lottery" ticket. And when they don't win the lottery they keep buying until they run out of money and give up.

    People who try to run an Online Business understand that they have to invest in time, money and people to achieve true long term success just like an offline business.

    Its true that you can have a successful business faster and with a smaller investment than an offline business, but the principles and mindset are the same.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeanne Lovely
    I am one of the gym goers that join and quit LOL But I have stuck with one product and I am finally getting results - believe me it was not overnight. I had to learn to focus and do the 4 things that I wrote down for the day.

    It is hard work but once you find the right traffic source you finally start earning money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nahids
    Thanks for great tips about internet marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jasonmona
    Hi andy just read your post and it is a great point that you made.
    Well from my perspective i believe that most people fail online for a variety of reasons
    1 They think too short term and not long term plans
    2 They either get frustrated or discouraged when their EFFORTS TO RESULTS RATIO is not improving
    3 They dont have a burning desire to persist during the rough times and follow through consistently
    4 They are spreading themselves way too thin and not producing results
    Hoped i helped
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    One of the main factors is not seeing any reasonable profit in a short amount of time, especially when the eBook they bought gave them the impression it can be done literally overnight
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Geeked Labs
    I think it's because a lot of people easily lose their confidence. As long as everyone is saying "Good job" "Great idea" the average person is full of motivation but the second someone tells them "this will never work because of xyz" they get discouraged.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faridbeck
    I believe it is not any simplistic reason like lack of focus, no action, information overload, laziness....It is more complex. Most people who ended up trying to make money online are currently having a day job or even a rotating-shift job. They lack the time & energy to go around trying & experimenting with different traffic tactics, etc. If one is lucky, he will try one successful method & hit a home run that might eventually lead him to quit his job, leaving him with more time to pursue internet marketing in a bigger way. If not, he will continue trying one method after another until he cannot take it any further.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4960169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffreys
    Simple. People thought that after reading how much a guru or anyone making those huge fat paycheck every month, they thought they will be the next guy who does. The fact after a while those people who are not amking anything, they quit.

    They just don't understand that IM is a long term thing. You need to learn the correct stuff before you can start making money.

    Hope this answer your question.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4960215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zbrshakeel
    The reason why internet marketers fail is because they start as failures they just kept searching internet and learn on it.
    If you are seeing this change your niche immediately it will take a long time if you want to build rep in this filed with so much of free content available on the internet people will not buy your ebook.
    Apply your knowledge in another field which is demanding but not too competitive....
    Signature

    Zubair Muhammad

    Are Potential Customers Leaving Your Website Without Buying,If Yes Click Here!!!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4960335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick88
    Unrealistic expectations. I think in our society today there are far too many people who want something easy. Easy meaning just appear in my bank account without doing anything.

    I am sure there are many whys of how we have come to that point in our society. I think a better option would be "Do you have what it takes to succeed online?"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4960346].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bon
      Originally Posted by Rick88 View Post

      "Do you have what it takes to succeed online?"
      If you don't mind please tell me "What does it take to succeed online?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    I tell my students, that failure will come to those taht are not prepared.

    you must study, and take action. These are the ingredients to success.

    but you must take action on those things that make you money.

    Too many times the newbies out there find something that makes them money and yet they go out and start searching for the holy grail. There is not, just pick something that makes you a little bit of money and upscale your efforts. Plain and simple....now while it might take you a while to find those one or two things that work....what I have written for you is the exact same simple steps I have used to build several 10k a month websites. It is all about writing goals...taking action and doing more of the things to work, and less of the things that dont.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4960351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bastion
    Because they expect fast and easy money. Or they invest a lot of time and energy in wrong things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4962572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
      Banned
      Because most of them think they are going to get rich fast and when they realise they wont they give up.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4962660].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bon
      Originally Posted by bastion View Post

      Because they expect fast and easy money. Or they invest a lot of time and energy in wrong things.
      That's exactly what i did from the beginning of my IM and couldn't make it at that time.Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963351].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zaheera
    I don't think so...

    If you are hard-working and committed to your field then obviously you get success.

    What you need?
    First, You need to do continuous study and make yourself well-informed by the latest marketing tools and techniques.

    Secondly, Do proper planning and make strategy, before doing any marketing campaign. Because 5% top experienced internet marketers do planning before doing any campaign.

    You may also do this, and the person who do planning is surely a confident person,
    And this confidence, will surely get success in future.

    The confidence is the Key to success, and Knowledge is the Key to Confidence.

    So be informed

    All the Best!

    Regards,
    Zaheera
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4962752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    1- Distraction

    2-Lack of determination

    3-Wrong Mindset

    4- Not having a solid plan

    5- No time scheduling

    6- Not treating like a Business

    7- Not outsourcing

    8- Not Buying TRAFFIC!!!

    9- Simply Not Getting the whole picture!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4962841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bon
      Originally Posted by Kal Sallam View Post


      1- Distraction

      2-Lack of determination

      3-Wrong Mindset

      4- Not having a solid plan

      5- No time scheduling

      6- Not treating like a Business

      7- Not outsourcing

      8- Not Buying TRAFFIC!!!

      9- Simply Not Getting the whole picture!
      you almost said it all. Thanks for sharing
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stvbarb89
    Really the only thing that stops us from getting where we want is us. If you want something bad enough you will find a way to make it happen.

    Info-overload can be overcome with an actionable plan

    laziness is more of a mental battle than anything

    It's just like when people start a new exercise program how many actually see it through and keep working out for a healthy lifestyle?

    Just like someone said earlier some are just not cut out for it.

    Look at this as running a REAL business not just a quick buck, you are going to have to change inside to see the change on the outside and keep pushing until you succeed.

    Embrace the failure, then you know what not to do =)
    Signature

    Find what you want to do and be the best at it

    Secret to Generating Leads Every Day

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialhydra
    Internet Marketing takes a lot of time to be expert in that field. More often than not, failure happens and that's what makes you become stronger through learning from mistakes. Just keep going :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goindeep
      I have failed because im too stubborn and i have not wanted to take tried and tested systems and put them to use, instead I have tried to do things my own way. I have also failed in the past because I have given up too early.

      "Expect nothing - Gain Everything" Eric Pepin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963607].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blogworker
    why there is such High rate of failure
    i think there are mainly has two reasons:
    one is fierce competitive, the other is they cannot insist on it for a long time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4963694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author murrad
    Investing money alone in some business will never make you rich. Before getting into any internet services...you must as three questions within you.

    1. You can do it ? - Just money will not make you rich..you have to dedicate all your time and energy to make money. Now, Internet gurus are making pretty good money because they followed an unique way to reach people and they waited for years together to make money. Money can't come along in a week or month.

    2. Reliability ? - You've to be reliable and make people believe you or your product is worth for them.

    3. Stability ? - You've to deliver continuous service to them. People expect more from you and you've to deliver them what you are and new ideas etc., If you follow these three..you can make pretty good money but not instantly by gradually.
    Signature

    Environment friendly Paper cup machine

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4964312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author taylorjudice
    they lack confidence and misguided. Those who cant do cant teach.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6204681].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author butuhdoa
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6204718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Peter Hansen
      When running your business you have risks. Sometimes your investment of time and money fail. I believe that after 2 failures most will quit. I was in luck that my second investment is still giving me enough money to reinvest.

      Another thing is that when running your own business online of offline your income and bottom line fluctuation. I have had offline business before going online and I feel my income is fluctuation even more than any other business I have operated in. I still have difficulties in predicting many of these fluctuations.

      Another thing is that when you invest your time and money in a project you don't know if your time and money will have any ROI. THAT'S IMHO the most important factor that people quit IM.

      The gurus Frank Kern, John Reese and Toni Robbins has made a really good Youtube video where they are discussing exactly this. This is definitely worth watching from time to time.


      Let me know if I can help you Warrior to Warrior.

      Good luck
      Peter
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6204797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marcus Rockey
    Being an IM takes mental strength, and lots of it.

    I had to break down one barrier after another to build a business that worked. All the defeats were an important part of success today. The ability to not give up when we most feel like it is perhaps the ingredient needed more than any other.

    I keep saying it but if you do something you have a love for then you chances of giving up are reduced. This is one of the array of benefits to working in your favourite niche.

    Thank

    Marcus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6204821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silverline
    Lots of good information here. Will comeback later.
    Signature

    Cheap High Quality Graphic Jobs : http://goo.gl/t3Y33

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6205008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sabrina001
    Persistence and creativeness are two things that matter.

    Some marketers are changing their strategies all the time. They don't have enough patience and persistence, expecting to achieve success in short time. While some, on the other hand, are obstinate in one thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6205027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author serafina
    They fail because do the wrong one , no action, just dream making big buck with no effort at all.
    Signature

    Post Your ads for free---> Glariz<---

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6205203].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Derek Soto
    They need to be educated that "the internet" is just a tool, not a business.

    One time, there was a guy who tried to make money online without doing anything, he failed.

    Then there was this other guy, who worked his ass off and used the internet as a tool, he made a disgusting amount of money, ...true story.
    Signature

    Discover How to Create a Brand New $300 Income Stream Every Single Day! Click Here Before Sold Out <--------------------

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6205823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Des Lau
    wow thread dig

    ..and the irony of the first post!
    Signature
    -----------------------------

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6205831].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ivanadee
    Failure is a must.
    actually, not 90%
    100% of all internet marketers are experiencing failure.
    the difference between the 90% and 10% is the patience and stubborn
    to be succeed, we just have to survive from all failures and then all the failures will teach us to be the real winner
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6205887].message }}

Trending Topics