Can blogspot makes money?

23 replies
Hi warriors,

If I use Blogspot, can I earn money?

I know that content is the king.

But just question in my head that is there any blogspot out there earn big money?

Anybody can show me some showcase?
#blogspot #makes #money
  • Profile picture of the author Raimundas M
    Originally Posted by ekgarin View Post

    Hi warriors,

    If I use Blogspot, can I earn money?

    I know that content is the king.

    But just question in my head that is there any blogspot out there earn big money?

    Anybody can show me some showcase?
    Of course you can. blogger.com is exactly the same as any other website.

    1. Write unique content regulary.
    2. Get lots of backlinks.
    3. Get ranked.
    4. Make money.

    If you are short on money blogspot is a good way to start imho.

    By the way, there's a code line that will remove blogger's header navbar. That way your blog will look more professional. Google for "remove blogger header navbar code".

    I've heard that after latest Panda update, blogger.com is ranking pretty well on google these days, so, it's relly worth to try. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by ekgarin View Post

    If I use Blogspot, can I earn money?
    Probably but it doesn't matter.

    Don't imagine that a site on Blogspot will rank better "because Google owns it" - that's pure fiction: its pages will rank, just like any other pages on any other site, according to their on-page and off-page SEO, not according to "where they're hosted".

    The point is that Blogspot can't give you anything that you can't get just as free of cost, and a lot more safely and securely, in a variety of other places instead. And that way you can own and control your own business instead of being dependent.

    It's not that you'll necessarily make more money on one sort of hosting than another - that's not what income-level depends on, though its (in)security can! - it's that you won't get your blog deleted/removed over any issues to do with terms of service.

    At Blogger/Blogspot, many Warriors have had their sites deleted without understanding why. It's not one of these things where you can "stick by the terms of service and never have a problem". That's unrealistic. Because the TOS change all the time, and so do the inconsistent ways they're interpreted.

    The places to avoid, for hosting blogs/sites, to avoid such problems and risks, which have cost so many Warriors their sites, include wordpress.com, blogger/blogspot, squidoo and hubpages.

    In these ways they're all the same, and all give marketers the same problems, as attested to here by hundreds of threads.

    Learn from these threads and avoid these accidents, yourself, and stay away from Blogger.

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...work-spam.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4965960

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...y-website.html

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4864634

    There are plenty of "self-hosted" places where you can get free hosting, perfectly safely, and not have these terms of service issues and problems.

    Don't let people tell you that "paid hosting" is the only safe/good kind, or that it's necessarily more secure than free hosting - that's not true at all, but some people like to repeat it just because they've seen other people saying it or because they think it "sounds right". :rolleyes:

    In reality, there's plenty of free hosting that's far better and safer than some paid-for hosting: you just have to do plenty of research and know which ones to use safely.

    Personally, among the free hosts, I recommend Weebly (a seriously underrated host), Yola, Blinkweb, Byethost and 000WebHost.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000943].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AndhikaWijaya
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      Probably but it doesn't matter.

      Don't imagine that a site on Blogspot will rank better "because Google owns it" - that's pure fiction: its pages will rank, just like any other pages on any other site, according to their on-page and off-page SEO, not according to "where they're hosted".

      The point is that Blogspot can't give you anything that you can't get just as free of cost, and a lot more safely and securely, in a variety of other places instead. And that way you can own and control your own business instead of being dependent.

      It's not that you'll necessarily make more money on one sort of hosting than another - that's not what income-level depends on, though its (in)security can! - it's that you won't get your blog deleted/removed over any issues to do with terms of service.

      At Blogger/Blogspot, many Warriors have had their sites deleted without understanding why. It's not one of these things where you can "stick by the terms of service and never have a problem". That's unrealistic. Because the TOS change all the time, and so do the inconsistent ways they're interpreted.

      The places to avoid, for hosting blogs/sites, to avoid such problems and risks, which have cost so many Warriors their sites, include wordpress.com, blogger/blogspot, squidoo and hubpages.

      In these ways they're all the same, and all give marketers the same problems, as attested to here by hundreds of threads.

      Learn from these threads and avoid these accidents, yourself, and stay away from Blogger.

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...work-spam.html

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4965960

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...y-website.html

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post4864634

      There are plenty of "self-hosted" places where you can get free hosting, perfectly safely, and not have these terms of service issues and problems.

      Don't let people tell you that "paid hosting" is the only safe/good kind, or that it's necessarily more secure than free hosting - that's not true at all, but some people like to repeat it just because they've seen other people saying it or because they think it "sounds right". :rolleyes:

      In reality, there's plenty of free hosting that's far better and safer than some paid-for hosting: you just have to do plenty of research and know which ones to use safely.

      Personally, among the free hosts, I recommend Weebly (a seriously underrated host), Yola, Blinkweb, Byethost and 000WebHost.
      Nice Share Alexa
      Signature
      Let my SEO Agency Indonesia help you to BOOST YOUR TRAFFIC & SALES with affordable Warriors Price - Let's Talk by PM
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samrath Gupta
    If possible then let us know what type of website/blog you are planning or have made on blogger !

    YES you can make money with blogger with adsense or also you can use CPA offers !

    Because you are building your stuffs on blogger I'll suggest you go with adsense because it will work best on blogger

    Regards
    ~Sam~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author underthegun
    I sorta get the feeling what you mean is does blogger make it easier to make money online, am I right?

    The answer is... sorta. It can be easier to get traffic to blogger blogs (in my experience anyway) but like the first replier said, it really is no different than any other site.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000997].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Samrath Gupta
      Originally Posted by underthegun View Post


      The answer is... sorta. It can be easier to get traffic to blogger blogs (in my experience anyway) but like the first replier said, it really is no different than any other site.
      Since blogger is owned by google itself, so i feel blogs built on blogger rank nice and gets more traffic
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001018].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Samrath Gupta View Post

        Since blogger is owned by google itself, so i feel blogs built on blogger rank nice and gets more traffic
        You may "feel" that, Samrath, but that doesn't make it true.

        And it isn't.

        I respectfully suggest that reading any standard, introductory textbook of SEO will rapidly change your mind about that, when you learn what the factors are that affect ranking. "Who owns the hosting" is not one of them! :rolleyes:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001033].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author underthegun
        Originally Posted by Samrath Gupta View Post

        Since blogger is owned by google itself, so i feel blogs built on blogger rank nice and gets more traffic
        I can't argue that much. I know a couple "gurus" who base their sole income on Blogger blogs.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Leunamme
    It is definitely possible. Just remember that blogger still has power over your blog and hosting through them carries some risk as mentioned by Alexa.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
    "Gurus" indeed.

    “The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.” ~ Chanakya

    One wonders if some (clearly not all) self-styled gurus, knowing this, might attempt deliberately to misguide and misrepresent?

    Furthermore, one also questions if any real guru could be so naïve as to believe it wise or possible to build a long-term income with significant or total reliance on the constancy of a notoriously unpredictable service that can be withdrawn at any time without recourse.

    What some refer to as gurus others might know rather more unflatteringly as gougers and grunts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001105].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post

      "Gurus" indeed.

      "The biggest guru-mantra is: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you." ~ Chanakya
      Lucky for us the Gurus in India don't all sign up to your position - or the world would be a much worse place.
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002321].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
        Originally Posted by Andyhenry View Post

        Lucky for us the Gurus in India don't all sign up to your position - or the world would be a much worse place.
        Undoubtedly.

        In an everyday context, however, it often just strikes me that the word "guru" has quite different connotations from others with which it's frequently used interchangably - such as expert, professional, and so on.

        It's a word used superlatively, almost egotistically. Can you, as a mere mortal, really attain a higher status than a "guru"? Would any of us seriously consider self-styling ourselves as a god? Most of us would shy away from that through fear of ridicule. And who gets to decide for themselves who is actually the (or a) foremost "leader" in their field? How would that be gauged? Number of fans? Number of dollars earned? Number of TV appearances? Number of relevant formal qualifications held? Number of correct answers on an examination?

        Most of the world's senior experts in their respective fields outwardly express some degree of humility (they'll always have something new to learn even from those far less experienced than themselves) and would at least know to give the impression of such, even if not truly heartfelt, in the knowledge that few average folk have the time and patience for an obnoxious, deluded egotist.

        Being in the marketing industry, I think, doesn't give one an automatic pass to exaggerate beyond all proportion. And certainly not without degrading already-tainted perceptions of the industry held by outsiders. Many rock musicians now eschew the title of "rockstar" because of the behaviour of their substance-abusing, off-the-rails and occasionally talentless forerunners, sometimes better known for their ungodly deeds than their craft.

        As such, I look sceptically upon anyone prepared to self-style themselves as a guru.

        But then again - as was the point I was making - it seems rare for anyone to self-style themselves as a guru unless they're desperately and manipulatively attempting to win trust, respect and credibility in a place where they're just not able to command it naturally by merit of their work.

        People calling others gurus, of course, though equally subjective and probably overblown, isn't quite as off-putting. But one can't control that.

        In the case of this thread, though, I'd still certainly struggle to ascribe that title to anyone encouraging overreliance on a service that's been proven by so many to be undependable and pretty high risk.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002750].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
          Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post


          As such, I look sceptically upon anyone prepared to self-style themselves as a guru.
          I think you'll probably find that 'most' "Guru's" - even IM ones are not calling themselves that.

          It's a label others put on you.

          I have seen some people here say that their aim is to be a Guru to the newbies, so I know some people are happy to do it - but I think it's unusual.
          Signature

          nothing to see here.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KimboJim
    Aside from its restrictions and automatic inclusions of robots.txt on your content, Blogger is basically the same as any other website. A lot of people are convinced that since Google owns Blogger, that it ranks higher. This isn't true at all. They are ranked the same as other sites, so any guru that has them ranked well isn't because Google favors their page, it's because they worked at backlinking and other SEO strategies to secure high positions.
    Signature
    Ready for some great content at a low cost?
    PresentPLR Newest Pack: LED Grow Lights
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cooler1
      Originally Posted by KimboJim View Post

      Aside from its restrictions and automatic inclusions of robots.txt on your content, Blogger is basically the same as any other website. A lot of people are convinced that since Google owns Blogger, that it ranks higher. This isn't true at all. They are ranked the same as other sites, so any guru that has them ranked well isn't because Google favors their page, it's because they worked at backlinking and other SEO strategies to secure high positions.
      Im not sure about that. I've seen blogger blogs on page 1 of Google for product keywords, where all they've done is literally copied a consumer review from Amazon and contain no unique content.

      Plus the page had no backlinks according to SEOQuake. I doubt someone would be ranking on page 1 on a self hosted site just by copying a product description.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    Yes, is the answer to your question.

    I have seems some little guys kill it on there, but here is what they do.

    1) Build a list
    2) Send your list to good quality posts
    3) Get tons of backlinks and extra traffic
    4) Ask the high traffic blogs in your niche to link to you, and tell them you will link to them.
    5) Network with people in your niche, the big players and make friends with them.
    6) after you make friends get them to promote you, and send people to your offers
    7) Think traffic, use videos, articles, SEO posts, Ezine ads, directories, forum sigs etc.

    Drive more and more traffic, ones you get the traffic, then you can monetize anyway you wish. Do not under estimate having a list either. The best time to build your list...is.... wait for it...... YESTERDAY!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bastion
    Of course you can. There are a lot of ways to make nice money with blogspot, just like with every other blog.

    Search through this forum, you will find a lot of tips and ideas how to succeed with blogspot.

    Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
    My blogger blogs are still on page one of google amidst huge competition. So I let them keep making me money.

    But once, a client had their blog deleted for no reason with no explanation from blogger so I make sure I have sites I own and host now, too.

    Blogger blogs are easy to set up and are like any other website however, once you have done all that work, if blogger deletes it, you would wish you had just bought hosting and owned your own site.
    Signature
    44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

    Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seogame
    It can, if you providek some unique and good content to the visitors, you can add adsense in teh blogspot...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goldmineberry
    Banned
    Using blogspot to build niche sites can definitely make money but the shortcoming is you do not have absolute control over your sites built from blogspot.

    If you are serious about building a successful Internet marketing business, you will need to consider building sites that you have 100% ownership and control over.

    An excellent way to start is to get yourself a reliable web hosting account and use self-hosted Wordpress to build your money-making websites.

    WordPress is the premium website of choice these days for anything that anyone might want to put up on the web, and it is a known fact that the benefits of having a WordPress website are vast.

    WordPress allows people an outlet to showcase different things: a blog for hobbies from food to celebrities; a place to sell things or make money online; or even just for the creation of their own personal websites. WordPress gives them the freedom to be creative and to customize their websites the way they want to.

    WordPress provides an easy and immediate means of getting a site set up and getting your online wheels rolling.

    All the best to your online marketing endeavours!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ekgarin
    Thanks for all answers, i'm clear now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Courtney Lee
    They absolutely can; however if you are starting from scratch use Wordpress--if you study the code it is so much superior for SEO purposes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author uumair
    having blogspot in domain name does not make you inferior over other domain names. You still can earn money and even more than those who has their own domain name.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002305].message }}

Trending Topics