What would you choose? WordPress or Joomla or Drupal?

98 replies
Hey Warriors,

Everybody at here have good amount of websites owned. Which platform do you use for your business website? Is it WordPress or Joomla or Drupal?
#choose #drupal #joomla #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author kashem
    It depends on what types of content the site will contain . Drupal or Joomla if I need different types of content (blog type,static page,forums, shopping cart ) and a good amount of modification. If only I need page or blog post like content then wordpress is fine
    Signature
    Niche Masterly - Get Revenue Generating Keywords For Your Niche Site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xohaibx
    Wordpress. Wordpress. Wait, did I mention Wordpress?

    Before I start sounding like a broken record, here's why I prefer and use Wordpress:
    • It's a 100% free content management system
    • It's got free updates too
    • It's more than a blogging platform
    • It's got good spam protection
    • It's credible
    • It's cool
    • It's widely popular
    • It's easy to setup
    • It's easy to use
    • It's SEO friendly
    • It's got the widest range of plugins
    • It's got better, more updated security
    • It's easily installable on any domain name
    • It's accessible from anywhere
    • It's got a helpful community
    • It's got some of the best themes that can be customized
    • It's simple to integrate with social media sites
    • It's the fastest growing CMS

    All the best!

    - Mustafa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jesisco
      Wordpress is very easy to go. Like Mustafa said. It's my choice.

      Originally Posted by Mustafa Khundmiri View Post

      Wordpress. Wordpress. Wait, did I mention Wordpress?

      Before I start sounding like a broken record, here's why I prefer and use Wordpress:
      • It's a 100% free content management system
      • It's got free updates too
      • It's more than a blogging platform
      • It's got good spam protection
      • It's credible
      • It's cool
      • It's widely popular
      • It's easy to setup
      • It's easy to use
      • It's SEO friendly
      • It's got the widest range of plugins
      • It's got better, more updated security
      • It's easily installable on any domain name
      • It's accessible from anywhere
      • It's got a helpful community
      • It's got some of the best themes that can be customized
      • It's simple to integrate with social media sites
      • It's the fastest growing CMS

      All the best!

      - Mustafa
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003115].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rcallaby
        I use Wordpress most of the time. The other CMS I use is Joomla. I really like how robust Joomla is and yes it is hard to use at times.

        Wordpress is ideal for a informative website about any particular topic. If I want to create a really large website I may tilt towards Joomla though because I believe I can add more functionality.

        But in the end though once I tallied up all my websites Wordpress was by far the winner.

        Thanks,

        Richard
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003367].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisjenva
      Originally Posted by Mustafa Khundmiri View Post

      Wordpress. Wordpress. Wait, did I mention Wordpress?

      Before I start sounding like a broken record, here's why I prefer and use Wordpress:
      • It's a 100% free content management system
      • It's got free updates too
      • It's more than a blogging platform
      • It's got good spam protection
      • It's credible
      • It's cool
      • It's widely popular
      • It's easy to setup
      • It's easy to use
      • It's SEO friendly
      • It's got the widest range of plugins
      • It's got better, more updated security
      • It's easily installable on any domain name
      • It's accessible from anywhere
      • It's got a helpful community
      • It's got some of the best themes that can be customized
      • It's simple to integrate with social media sites
      • It's the fastest growing CMS
      All the best!

      - Mustafa

      I agree with Mustafa.

      I tried the others and just wasn't impressed. For newbies WordPress is just the way to go.
      Signature
      ==>Founders Needed! Only 2 more Positions Available!<==
      Get 100% back on your WSO Purchases. Earn when others buy WSOs. Share in a special BONUS POOL that pays for 12 months! New Concept!
      Email chrisjenva @ gmail.com or PM me for details...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457975].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bobcarlsjr
      Originally Posted by Mustafa Khundmiri View Post

      Wordpress. Wordpress. Wait, did I mention Wordpress?

      Before I start sounding like a broken record, here's why I prefer and use Wordpress:
      • It's a 100% free content management system
      • It's got free updates too
      • It's more than a blogging platform
      • It's got good spam protection
      • It's credible
      • It's cool
      • It's widely popular
      • It's easy to setup
      • It's easy to use
      • It's SEO friendly
      • It's got the widest range of plugins
      • It's got better, more updated security
      • It's easily installable on any domain name
      • It's accessible from anywhere
      • It's got a helpful community
      • It's got some of the best themes that can be customized
      • It's simple to integrate with social media sites
      • It's the fastest growing CMS

      All the best!

      - Mustafa
      sounds like joomla to me..... lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5459214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MattStrange
    What Mustafa said

    I must add, i found the code pretty easy to learn and there is a huge community behind Wordpress, alot of people willing to help,

    Matt
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000906].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Raimundas M
      Yup, Wordpress is the way to go.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5000908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lisa Paule
    Wordpress all the way. it is easy to learn, and even people like me can understand it and learn it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JD Warrior
    Definitely WordPress for me. WP is easy to use and customize..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001527].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author coredesign
      Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post

      My vote goes to WordPress because I it's a highly customizing CMS.
      Why people don't use Drupal ro Joomla???? Those are also good CMS platform.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001787].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PatriciaJ
        Wordpress. I had a Joomla site built a couple of years ago and hate it because I find it more difficult to use. Never go on there and only keep it because the domain is a good one.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001797].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
        Originally Posted by coredesign View Post

        Why people don't use Drupal ro Joomla???? Those are also good CMS platform.
        Because WP is a lot easier to learn how to use (for the most part) and lots of people here on WF - me especially - want to have their site up and running fast without needing to learn all about how to run an additional CMS.

        Those others are good, just not as simple as WP, from my experience.
        Signature


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author advertisethis
    Wordpress has a shorter learning curve, by far.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5001726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author asmartbuy
    Wordpress, all the way. Just like Patricia, I alternated and have a Drupal site. But, I never visit it(sub-domain). Just wanted to dabble with something new.
    Signature
    Ready To Cash In On The Greatest Transfer of Wealth Ever in Human History? Watch this Jam-Packed Informational video on how you can be in business for yourself, but not by yourself! Click Here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002491].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom Ryan
      Wordpress all the way for me. It is what I know how to use, and it is easy to tweek to how I want it. No sense of using anything else right now since wordpress is working great for my business.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
    I like Wordpress but I'm finding that Joomla and Drupal are perceived to be more professional solutions for businesses than Wordpress. They still look at Wordpress as being just a blogging platform and using it for a business client's site makes you look like an amateur.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by Mustafa Khundmiri View Post

      Wordpress. Wordpress. Wait, did I mention Wordpress?

      Before I start sounding like a broken record, here's why I prefer and use Wordpress:
      • It's a 100% free content management system
      • It's got free updates too
      • It's more than a blogging platform
      • It's got good spam protection
      • It's credible
      • It's cool
      • It's widely popular
      • It's easy to setup
      • It's easy to use
      • It's SEO friendly
      • It's got the widest range of plugins
      • It's got better, more updated security
      • It's easily installable on any domain name
      • It's accessible from anywhere
      • It's got a helpful community
      • It's got some of the best themes that can be customized
      • It's simple to integrate with social media sites
      • It's the fastest growing CMS

      All the best!

      - Mustafa
      I would have to say all CMS's have these features. All CMS's also claim to be the fastest growing CMS, but ultimate in terms of statistics Drupal is the fastest growing CMS.

      Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post

      My vote goes to WordPress because I it's a highly customizing CMS.
      Every CMS is a highly customizable platform.

      Originally Posted by advertisethis View Post

      Wordpress has a shorter learning curve, by far.
      Yes... you're right about that.

      Originally Posted by coredesign View Post

      Why people don't use Drupal ro Joomla???? Those are also good CMS platform.
      They are definitely more flexible and more professional solutions for bigger projects.

      Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

      I like Wordpress but I'm finding that Joomla and Drupal are perceived to be more professional solutions for businesses than Wordpress. They still look at Wordpress as being just a blogging platform and using it for a business client's site makes you look like an amateur.
      Wordpress is a blogging platform, even if it can be used as an entire website.

      Now, here is my reasoning for why I dislike using wordpress for most websites we design. Yes, it can be used for websites, yes it can be customized, but in comparison between wordpress, joomla, and drupal... wordpress has a certain look that we just don't like. It isn't because it can't be professional, it is because it just isn't as complete and robust as other options out of the box.

      I think why most people say wordpress is the best, is because they don't know any better. How many of you have used the major CMS's? Common belief is their learning curve is too large. That may be true, but don't knock it until you learn it. Joomla is more robust than wordpress and can do fantastic things if you just learn to use it. Drupal is more complete than joomla, even though joomla has more plugins and extensions.

      Now before everyone thinks I'm just here to start trouble in the CMS battles, that isn't the case. I always get involved in these threads over at the Joomla forums too. Drupal is better than Joomla in many aspects. Magento is better than all 3 when it comes to an ecommerce website.

      Just because one is easier to learn, and they have 30 different plugins for each thing you can want, doesn't mean it is the most complete solution out there. Wordpress is great for beginners, and for those who just want to get a quick site up there. I have used wordpress for hundreds and hundreds of sites. When a client wants a wordpress site, it usually costs less because wordpress is really lesser quality, and there is less work to be done. For internet marketers, I think wordpress is a good solution. For corporations, wordpress isn't typically ideal for them.

      Ultimately, what it comes down to is use what you are most comfortable with. A real programmer can turn any CMS into a beast. Usually they will use a CMS with a better core than wordpress, but not always. I don't want this to turn into a big wordpress war because I'm clearly outnumbered here LOL. The reality is that different CMS's are good for different things. Think of it like a plumber... a plumber sometimes will need different tools for different jobs, there isn't a tool you can complete every single job with. The same goes for web design. Out of the box, they all have different uses. For those offering web design, I would suggest learning Joomla and Drupal, as you can triple the money you make off clients. Joomla and Drupal websites typically go for more money.

      So what would I choose....

      Wordpress for a blog
      Wordpress for MFA sites
      Wordpress for a lower key client
      Joomla for a regular client
      Joomla for directories
      Joomla for low key social networks
      Joomla for news and magazine sites
      Drupal for corporations
      Drupal for membership sites(even though Joomla can also be used well)
      Drupal for sites needing higher security
      Drupal for high profile websites
      Magento for full Ecommerce Websites
      Prestashop for low key ecommerce websites
      Joomla with Virtuemart for low to mid quality ecommerce
      Dolphin for mid grade social network websites
      Build a custom CMS for the ones that can send a ton of money

      As you can see there are many options. If you are just beginning but you have a client that wants a membership site and all you know how to use is wordpress, then use wordpress. No shame in that. As you grow, and expand your knowledge you will notice that other platforms are better for different projects.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002862].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MattStrange
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        I have used wordpress for hundreds and hundreds of sites. When a client wants a wordpress site, it usually costs less because wordpress is really lesser quality, and there is less work to be done.
        I'm not really clear on what you mean by lesser quality.
        Why would you charge less for a project that uses Wordpress as a CMS? Most clients would prefer to pay more for a better frontend website design than the CMS it uses.

        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        For those offering web design, I would suggest learning Joomla and Drupal, as you can triple the money you make off clients. Joomla and Drupal websites typically go for more money.
        Doesn't it really depend on how much you want to charge the client?

        Regards
        Matt
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003102].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ron Douglas
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        I would have to say all CMS's have these features. All CMS's also claim to be the fastest growing CMS, but ultimate in terms of statistics Drupal is the fastest growing CMS.

        Wordpress is a blogging platform, even if it can be used as an entire website.

        Now, here is my reasoning for why I dislike using wordpress for most websites we design. Yes, it can be used for websites, yes it can be customized, but in comparison between wordpress, joomla, and drupal... wordpress has a certain look that we just don't like. It isn't because it can't be professional, it is because it just isn't as complete and robust as other options out of the box.

        I think why most people say wordpress is the best, is because they don't know any better. How many of you have used the major CMS's? Common belief is their learning curve is too large. That may be true, but don't knock it until you learn it. Joomla is more robust than wordpress and can do fantastic things if you just learn to use it. Drupal is more complete than joomla, even though joomla has more plugins and extensions.

        Now before everyone thinks I'm just here to start trouble in the CMS battles, that isn't the case. I always get involved in these threads over at the Joomla forums too. Drupal is better than Joomla in many aspects. Magento is better than all 3 when it comes to an ecommerce website.

        Just because one is easier to learn, and they have 30 different plugins for each thing you can want, doesn't mean it is the most complete solution out there. Wordpress is great for beginners, and for those who just want to get a quick site up there. I have used wordpress for hundreds and hundreds of sites. When a client wants a wordpress site, it usually costs less because wordpress is really lesser quality, and there is less work to be done. For internet marketers, I think wordpress is a good solution. For corporations, wordpress isn't typically ideal for them.

        Ultimately, what it comes down to is use what you are most comfortable with. A real programmer can turn any CMS into a beast. Usually they will use a CMS with a better core than wordpress, but not always. I don't want this to turn into a big wordpress war because I'm clearly outnumbered here LOL. The reality is that different CMS's are good for different things. Think of it like a plumber... a plumber sometimes will need different tools for different jobs, there isn't a tool you can complete every single job with. The same goes for web design. Out of the box, they all have different uses. For those offering web design, I would suggest learning Joomla and Drupal, as you can triple the money you make off clients. Joomla and Drupal websites typically go for more money.

        So what would I choose....

        Wordpress for a blog
        Wordpress for MFA sites
        Wordpress for a lower key client
        Joomla for a regular client
        Joomla for directories
        Joomla for low key social networks
        Joomla for news and magazine sites
        Drupal for corporations
        Drupal for membership sites(even though Joomla can also be used well)
        Drupal for sites needing higher security
        Drupal for high profile websites
        Magento for full Ecommerce Websites
        Prestashop for low key ecommerce websites
        Joomla with Virtuemart for low to mid quality ecommerce
        Dolphin for mid grade social network websites
        Build a custom CMS for the ones that can send a ton of money

        As you can see there are many options. If you are just beginning but you have a client that wants a membership site and all you know how to use is wordpress, then use wordpress. No shame in that. As you grow, and expand your knowledge you will notice that other platforms are better for different projects.
        This was the most significant post in this thread but the Wordpress cheerleaders seemed to have missed it . Great insight.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5007199].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HN
      Banned
      Originally Posted by coredesign View Post

      Why people don't use Drupal ro Joomla???? Those are also good CMS platform.
      Because 90% of people do what everyone else is doing, or what they have been told to do. No other reason, really.

      Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

      I like Wordpress but I'm finding that Joomla and Drupal are perceived to be more professional solutions for businesses than Wordpress. They still look at Wordpress as being just a blogging platform and using it for a business client's site makes you look like an amateur.
      There you go, an answer from someone standing out from the crowd.

      Of course there is no connection between making or not making money and using one or the other platform.

      Me? I like to invent the wheel and write my own code so I know exactly what one or the other piece of software if doing. I really hate cracking someone else's code or search all day for a plugin that will solve my needs.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5008619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kalyken
    Banned
    Wordpress has the highest PR so I'd go with Wordpress. Plus their reputation and Google loves them. Go with Wordpress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lauryn
    Currently Wordpress, but using Lynda to understand and learn Drupal & Joomla.
    Signature

    I Go Hard = "Slanguage" for putting forth a lot of effort.

    Don't be an arse and try to flip something you clearly have no knowledge of against me.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002871].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dsouravs
      Tell me what u cant do in wordpress?
      wp always
      Signature

      I can convert your Non-Responsive website to Responsive website ... How sweet is that? :)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5002880].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TimPiazza
        Originally Posted by dsouravs View Post

        Tell me what u cant do in wordpress?
        wp always
        I built a hospital website in Joomla that I cannot imagine creating in Wordpress. Several hundred pages and numerous departments who only have access to certain areas of the back-end highlight the reasons you sometimes need an industrial-strength content management system. Wordpress doesn't have the organizational structure on the back end to manage content and users with finesse once you get beyond a certain scale.

        With that said, I still use Joomla for big projects but I'm doing practically all of my own stuff in Wordpress now. Joomla is just way too much code for smaller sites and Wordpress is far easier to modify when something needs to be tweaked.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author multimastery
    I'd have to say Wordpress as well. It's an free & easy CMS for webmasters of all levels. Plus not to mention the fact that there are so many plugins and products designed to integrate seamlessly with Wordpress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5003402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spearce000
    I've been a Joomla fan for a long time. It's very versatile and adaptable. You can have a sales site, shopping cart, membership site, blog, forum – the list goes on and on – all running on the same platform. There is a bit of a learning curve, but no more than with WordPress IMHO and experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5007914].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ronak Shah
    Is there any drag and drop CMS that can help you design a website say in minutes without needing to learn web design?
    Signature
    I AM YOUR Direct Response Ninja Kick-Ass Sales Copywriter.

    Now, Here's The REAL DEAL:
    Either I make YOU at least 10 times of what I charge YOU OR
    I'll Write YOUR Sales Copy AGAIN Till YOU Make MUCH MORE Than THAT. Guaranteed*.
    *Terms & Conditions Apply. Email me at ronak[at]ronakshah[dot]name right now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5008147].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by MattStrange View Post

      I'm not really clear on what you mean by lesser quality.
      Why would you charge less for a project that uses Wordpress as a CMS? Most clients would prefer to pay more for a better frontend website design than the CMS it uses.



      Doesn't it really depend on how much you want to charge the client?

      Regards
      Matt
      Wordpress = lesser quality in terms of flexibility and core design. If you look at people hiring firms, drupal and joomla projects often are budgeted for, far more than a wordpress project. Now, this isn't my opinion, this is just statistics.

      I am not one of the wordpress groupies that believe it works for everything. It just doesn't. Sure, if it is all you know then you can maybe make it work but it isn't ideal for every project.

      If someone claims to be a developer, but they only work in wordpress, I don't believe them to be a true developer. Any real developer will use a variety of platforms, using what would be best for the job. I don't think wordpress is ideal for many websites. Some of you make it work because you don't know how to use other CMS's. Nothing wrong with that, but if you want to offer versatility to your client and have less limitations then you should learn other CMS's. Once you have a good foundation in all of them, you will realize that certain CMS's are better for certain projects.



      Originally Posted by Ron Douglas View Post

      This was the most significant post in this thread but the Wordpress cheerleaders seemed to have missed it . Great insight.
      Thanks for the kind words Ron!

      Originally Posted by spearce000 View Post

      I've been a Joomla fan for a long time. It's very versatile and adaptable. You can have a sales site, shopping cart, membership site, blog, forum - the list goes on and on - all running on the same platform. There is a bit of a learning curve, but no more than with WordPress IMHO and experience.
      Right on the money. I still wouldn't recommend it for extensive ecommerce websites, but it is a great CMS. They all are great for certain things. Joomla is my ultimate preference, but even so, I know it isn't suitable for EVERYTHING!

      I think Wordpress might be easier to learn for beginners at first. However, the flexibility Joomla offers is so much better once you learn to use it properly. Wordpress probably has a shorter learning curve than Joomla just because of how robust Joomla is at its core. Drupal has a longer learning curve than Joomla... and makes wordpress look like a midget. LOL.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5008366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Kage
    One of my friends uses Joomla extensively. I use wordpress. We have different tastes and prefer different things. You can make money with any of them if that is your goal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5008657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danoctav
    I use Joomla for complex sites(almost every type of sites : e-commerce,catalogs,etc) and Wordpress for affiliate blogs.Can't say one is better than other,depend on your needs and experience. I have not used,Drupal,until now...
    To answer at your question, I choose (in order):
    1.Joomla
    2.Wordpress
    3.Drupal
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5008698].message }}
  • Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal are starting to become more similar each year.

    Wordpress is fantastic out of the box with untold amounts of plugins and themes. I vote for Wordpress for most of the applications IMers need.

    That said, if you've ever tried to develop a more complex site, you quickly see the limitations of Wordpress and appreciate the power of Drupal and Joomla. In my mind, Joomla is a little more like Wordpress in that it is less flexible but more friendly than Drupal.

    Drupal is like a Transformer. It has awesome power and can take many shapes. However, with great power comes great responsibility, Luke! The learning curve is steep.

    In short, Wordpress is the way. Unless you are developing the next Amazon. Then it's Drupal or Ruby, Django etc.
    Signature
    Marketing is not a battle of products. It is a battle of perceptions.
    - Jack Trout
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5008968].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author werner77
    I use wordpress for all my websites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5009135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyril almond
    After reading all the posts and as a newbie i find wordpress fine for me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5009183].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gyamasaki
    I'm going to try wordpress with my first website
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012067].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beck13
    Wordpress is like a MAC, simple to use lots of support and huge community.
    Joomla is more like a PC, less simple but much more customizable, and still sort of have good support and community.

    For big authority type sites I prefer to go with Joomla, but for your general niche sites I'd stick with Wordpress. Why complicate things when you don't have to?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012099].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeresteem99
    All my site are wordpress platform...

    I heard joomla and drupal but I seem not to interest in them. I don't know why, maybe because every body is talking about wordpress.
    Signature

    Get FREE secret from Self Esteem Tips and Depression.
    Self Esteem Worksheets - A *36 worksheet FREE to download! --> Self Esteem for Kids ***** Building Self Esteem

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theantihype
    Joomla uses a real MVC approach. Same with Drupal, although Drupal's code is finicky to say the least.

    Wordpress is better suited for script-kiddies, newbies, and non-techies.

    So if you don't have a good grasp on PHP and HTML, go WP. Otherwise, um, go WP. LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jackwebson
    I personally recommend wordpress as your CMS since its very easy to use and install and you can find lots of advantages of using this platform.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012231].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rukshan
    Wordpress is the best CMS. No need to explain benefits
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012265].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stevenmaico
      Everyone has different choices and I use Wordpress for long time. Its the best for CMS but Drupal is also good for CMS. I am learning Drupal online and I think its really the best for CMS. And I haven't more ideas regarding Joomla.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5766976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vermadenish
    True - Wordpress is true in all the way
    ALways best CMS

    I love wordpress - its much seo friendly. Much much and more much .
    - easy to understand
    - very adorable.
    Free Free Free.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    I would choose Wordpress simply for the vast array of plugins readily available
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tommy Smith
    Of course Wordpress for me. Nothing easy than Wordpress.
    Signature
    Wholesale Crystal Beads – The best place to buy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Wilson
    I'd choose WP. Why? Countless plugins and free themes with regular updates.
    Signature


    -25% WF PROMO CODE: "WFPROMO911" (expires on 1.1.2012)
    - High search volume keywords , high CPC keywords, easy to rank keywords
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author udyotsolutions
    You will get 1000's of free wordpress themes on any category on Internet. I lean towards wordpress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5012975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edwood
    I took a look at Joomla at one point, but found it far too complicated -- too much time wasted trying to figure it all out.

    WP is much more user-friendly and you can create pretty much any kind of website you want with it.

    Michael
    Signature

    WSO

    --> Grab PLR to this FUN Ebook! <--


    (Affiliates: Earn 100% Commissions)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5013150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mapetshi
    i choose wordpress
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    I have used all of these, but still wordpress wins the race.

    Easy to use, and lots of plug ins and makes it easy to create membership sites also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hassan001
    My Choice.... Simply the best... "The Wordpress"

    Why?

    Because

    Easy to Install
    A Builtin easy Interface to grab a bunch of plugins....
    A huge number of plugins
    No limits in the sense of customization and code....
    Extremely fast... I must say a content drum
    Google SEO friendly
    Can be used for anything whether its a charity or a huge business

    Wordpress in not left just only a blog these days so its easy to use and great to run....

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shawn Lee
    I like Wordpress. It's very user-friendly and customizable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jerome15
    i tried to learn joomla and drupal at first but i found it too complicated for me. now i'm enjoying wp so much and it's very easy to use
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author everydayreviews
    I'd recommend wordpress as well, but then again, it's the only platform ive used. really, nothing to complain about
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aaaa33030
    I prefer wordpress because of its ease of use and simplicity compared to other blog platforms
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457646].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    1. If you never tried another CMS, only WP - your opinion doesn't count. Period.

    2. If you don't know what kind of website you are going to build (OP!), then you are asking the wrong question. Nobody can answer it correctly without additional info.

    3. No, WP is not good for any kind of website...

    4. All those stating "WP is easy to use" - are liars
    - check out the thousands of help requests in the WP Support forums
    - check out this Warrior Forum (especially, its Website Design section and explain WHY hundreds of threads asking for help... if it is soooo easy???
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457863].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      1. If you never tried another CMS, only WP - your opinion doesn't count. Period.

      2. If you don't know what kind of website you are going to build (OP!), then you are asking the wrong question. Nobody can answer it correctly without additional info.

      3. No, WP is not good for any kind of website...

      4. All those stating "WP is easy to use" - are liars
      - check out the thousands of help requests in the WP Support forums
      - check out this Warrior Forum (especially, its Website Design section and explain WHY hundreds of threads asking for help... if it is soooo easy???
      #rightonthemoney
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567608].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RealBusy
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      4. All those stating "WP is easy to use" - are liars
      - check out the thousands of help requests in the WP Support forums
      - check out this Warrior Forum (especially, its Website Design section and explain WHY hundreds of threads asking for help... if it is soooo easy???
      Never a good idea to make such generalizations and seem only to be in bad taste.
      Wordpress, compared to other options, is relatively easy. Keyword here is 'relative'.

      Also, the underlying Wordpress code is superior to Joomla and only slightly edged by Drupal. Plus the code undergoes rapid development, getting better all the time. Anyone claiming to be knowledgeable in Joomla but fails to appreciate Joomla's bloatedness in either being mischievous or plain deluded.

      Again, A Joomla site will always look like a Joomla site. But a Wordpress site can assume various layouts.

      In my opinion and experience, Wordpress can be used for any kind of website! It only becomes unsuitable when the traffic or scale increases to incredible levels - like 2 million users

      Spare the messenger
      Signature

      Wordpress is a Delight. Oooh the things Wordpress allows me do. Applause Computers

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569053].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
        Originally Posted by RealBusy View Post

        Never a good idea to make such generalizations and seem only to be in bad taste.
        Wordpress, compared to other options, is relatively easy. Keyword here is 'relative'.

        Also, the underlying Wordpress code is superior to Joomla and only slightly edged by Drupal. Plus the code undergoes rapid development, getting better all the time. Anyone claiming to be knowledgeable in Joomla but fails to appreciate Joomla's bloatedness in either being mischievous or plain deluded.

        Again, A Joomla site will always look like a Joomla site. But a Wordpress site can assume various layouts.

        In my opinion and experience, Wordpress can be used for any kind of website! It only becomes unsuitable when the traffic or scale increases to incredible levels - like 2 million users

        Spare the messenger
        You're out of your mind or just a plain cheerleader. Obviously we have another person that has never used Joomla but thinks they are an expert enough to comment on it. Considering that you say Joomla can't assume various layouts, it is apparent that you either have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, or that you used joomla for 5 minutes without learning a single thing!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571099].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TimPiazza
        Originally Posted by RealBusy View Post

        Again, A Joomla site will always look like a Joomla site. But a Wordpress site can assume various layouts.
        Really? Tongue in cheek, right?

        You can create any visual identity you want in Joomla, including assigning a completely different templates to different sections or pages, and that is out-of-the-box functionality.

        Really, there's not a big difference here, it's all CSS. The biggest difference is that Joomla is far more flexible than Wordpress when it comes to controlling what is displayed on every single page. With that level of control comes a certain amount of complexity. There's a trade-off.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571495].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paperchasing
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      1. If you never tried another CMS, only WP - your opinion doesn't count. Period.

      2. If you don't know what kind of website you are going to build (OP!), then you are asking the wrong question. Nobody can answer it correctly without additional info.

      3. No, WP is not good for any kind of website...

      4. All those stating "WP is easy to use" - are liars
      - check out the thousands of help requests in the WP Support forums
      - check out this Warrior Forum (especially, its Website Design section and explain WHY hundreds of threads asking for help... if it is soooo easy???
      I agree 100% with the first sentence and disagree 100% with the last part, because it is just silly. There's a difference between "easy" and "so easy no one will ever have to ask for help with anything." Very few things in life qualify as the latter. Of course there will be thousands of help requests for something that has millions of users of widely disparate skill levels using it. Irons come with instruction booklets. Does that make ironing clothes hard?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571214].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Rogers
    iAmNameLess has the most intelligent and comprehensive answer to your question here. It really depends on what your immediate and future plans for the site are.

    My question to you would be why you want to use a script instead of straight html?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458121].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StevenJones
    Wordpress is the most diverse platform. All these plugins and themes you can access or purchase just suit everybody. Simple to optimize. I think I don't have to say more as Wordpress is widely loved by everyone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdvancedSamurai
    Well, it seems that most of you vote for Wordpress. But, how can you be so convinced, have you ever used Joomla or Drupal? Unless you have some experience with other systems you can't say that your choice is the best.

    I have no experience with Drupal and I believe it is rarely used for internet marketing purposes. However, I use both Joomla and Wordpress. And I can not say that Wordpress is better. There is simply no reason for such judgment.

    I would advise to all of you to make a test installation of "unfamiliar" systems: Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal. Try to create a website with typical features. Google for help. Only after having some knowledge you will be able to say which system is better - better for specific purpose, not in general. All three systems are excellent for what they were made for.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelcorvin
    For the sites we product...WordPress all the way.

    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author opt4achange
    When I was growing up it seemed everyone was driving Fords. I asked someone why. They said, "Because you can get the parts cheap."

    I think it's a variation on that answer that leads so many people to use Wordpress (or Windows). If something gets the coveted "popular" status then people make parts (themes, software) for it and its popularity snowballs.

    It gains more popularity because there's so many cheap parts available, people recommend it, more people make parts for it and it gains more popularity still, then more people recommend it . . .

    Combine that with being simple to use and you have a virtually unstoppable formula for success.


    As a side note: while reading this thread I took a break to google Drupal. I think I may broaden my horizons and look into learning more about it. There were some really good demo themes on the sites I looked at.
    Signature
    Everything's a lie and that's a fact.

    Ironically, probably the best lyric line in the world.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5458694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thekaver
    Originally Posted by coredesign View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    Everybody at here have good amount of websites owned. Which platform do you use for your business website? Is it WordPress or Joomla or Drupal?

    I tried using it WP a while ago, but gave up after about 10mins as i thought it was to complicated.

    however i had another go a few days ago and took a few hours out to learn to navigate around it.

    Now i understand WP i would never use anythign else! cant believe how easy it is to use once you spent a couple of hours on it

    thanks

    thekaver
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5459784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Enfusia
      For 95% plus of all my sites I use word press because I can get a complete money maker up in 30 min w/out content and (depending on need) 1 hour w/content.

      With all of the plugins etc.. I can make it do most everything I need.

      For the other 5% its farm it out because I don't enjoy doing or maintaining html/php sites.

      Now that's just me and my opinion and as we all know opinions vary.

      Because if you wanted to get super technical about it WP applications are not really web sites.... But that's another thread.

      Patrick
      Signature
      Free eBook =>
      The Secret To Success In Any Business
      Yes, Any Business!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5459845].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paperchasing
      Originally Posted by thekaver View Post

      I tried using it WP a while ago, but gave up after about 10mins as i thought it was to complicated.

      however i had another go a few days ago and took a few hours out to learn to navigate around it.

      Now i understand WP i would never use anythign else! cant believe how easy it is to use once you spent a couple of hours on it

      thanks

      thekaver
      I don't understand this logic. So, you were intimidated by Wordpress, but when you actually sat down to learn it, you found it easier to use and powerful. And your conclusion is...to never use anything but Wordpress ever? Why do you think that exact same thing couldn't happen with any other CMS, including one that might be better for your specific needs?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DavidAllenNeron
    I wish more people made awesome extensions for Joomla! you WP biased crowd you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5566579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author felku
    I use wordpress, is easy to use and is very SEO friendly. I can manage a lot of sites working with wordpress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5566598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    This is a ton of info from IamNameless --Thanks... but its difficult to beat the SEO friendliness of wordpress...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Leo Wadsworth
    Overall, I agree that different circumstances require different CMS platforms. Which is best depends on LOTS of variables, including available programming resources. For example, if it is a dot net shop, I typically recommend dotnetnuke.

    For serious enterprise class multi-server installations, I strongly prefer a Java platform such as Liferay or Alfresco, with my personal preference being Liferay. I used Liferay in a place that needed to have about 50 different groups updating completely independently with a variety of user permission levels, etc. Worked great. We had it as part of a virtual server setup with about 60 VMs running on about 16 physical blades, each blade with a dual quad core processors and 32 gigs of memory. We had autofailover between all of the servers with full session continuity. Different world than most IM sites.

    In the LAMP (LinuxApacheMySQLPHP) world, the big three are of course WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal (although Concrete5 is looking interesting). There is an interesting open CMS report at the waterandstone site on market share for open source CMS platforms. The report has interesting thoughts about a declining Joomla, and shows the incredible market domination of WP in many ways.

    All are solid platforms. WordPress started as a blog platform, but has grown into a full featured beast. I would disagree that WP needs to look like anything in particular. I would also challenge the thought that WP is less robust than Drupal. Put the wrong plugin into WordPress or Module into Drupal and technicolor crashes and instability are in your future. Part of it is deep into the nature of PHP itself.

    The big three all offer lots of expandability and configurability. This is a positive in terms of getting stuff done, and a negative because chances are your EXACT configuration has never been fully tested. That's why you need to really test ANY configuration and system yourself.

    I've used both WP and Drupal. In general, both work, but getting Drupal humming usually is a MUCH steeper learning curve and I've had several people come to me with limping Drupal sites that they were afraid to touch because they were so fragile they broke horribly when they tried to do the smallest changes. That being said, you can break WP too if you set your mind to it.

    In the world of IM, especially around here, WP pretty much rules. For example, you don't see folks offering Drupal modules as WSOs, but you see WP plugins all the time, some mediocre, some crazy good. For example a combination of All In One SEO and SEOPressor is a thing of beauty when it comes to getting a site to rank naturally.

    Use the right tool for the job. Start by carefully defining the job.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567479].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by StevenJones View Post

      Wordpress is the most diverse platform. All these plugins and themes you can access or purchase just suit everybody. Simple to optimize. I think I don't have to say more as Wordpress is widely loved by everyone.
      Most diverse? I would have to disagree. In fact, compare all the major CMS's and wordpress is indeed the most limiting out of the box.

      Originally Posted by paul_1 View Post

      This is a ton of info from IamNameless --Thanks... but its difficult to beat the SEO friendliness of wordpress...
      Thanks Paul. To match the SEO friendliness of Wordpress, all you have to do is click a button in Joomla. Joomla 2.5 is even easier out of the box.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shoot
    I use all 3, I use drupal or joomla for established company's and wordpress for smaller company's or people looking to have a site to call home.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5567659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ibacklinkpro
    My vote also goes for WP, it is incredible how fast they will release an ubdate once a bug is found... as long as you keep you WP installation updated then you never, in my opinion, need to worry about getting hacked. Can't say the same for the other CMS's...
    Signature

    Here is How to Steal Your Competitor’s High PR Backlinks:
    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...free-demo.html

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5569071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cmorrow
    Ive built sites on both platforms definitely word press
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570852].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WittyT
    I would also have to vote for Wordpress...
    So many themes and plugins to choose from. So easy to use and customize...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5570864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mjd081
    We could argue back and forth about which CMS platform is the best... but when it comes down to it, Wordpress has the most impressive free plugin market out there. Highly suggest the Wordpress platform!
    Signature
    Matt D.
    iThink Project Solutions, LLC
    Affordable SEO Services

    The #1 Interview Questions resource on the web
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author richrowley
    Wordpress every time for me!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kimfal
    Yup...like the majority in here says: WordPress!!! Definitely!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avish
    If You Wanna Create a Shopping Cart Go For Joomla Its awesome and effective. If You Wanna Write Reviews about products and article stuff go for wordpress. But For a Complete Internet Marketing Effect I would consider to use both under one domain by creating a main shopping or product selling type website and a blog for it.
    Signature
    Affrio - Enahnced Digital Shopping

    Affrio is a B2B and B2C shopping affiliate platform which offers the best, latest and chosen products and services of your choice digitally all over the internet world. Find the best money making opportunites along with online shopping.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571309].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
      Originally Posted by Avish View Post

      If You Wanna Create a Shopping Cart Go For Joomla Its awesome and effective. If You Wanna Write Reviews about products and article stuff go for wordpress. But For a Complete Internet Marketing Effect I would consider to use both under one domain by creating a main shopping or product selling type website and a blog for it.
      No, if you want to create a shopping cart then use Magento. See unlike everyone else, I realize my personal favorite CMS is not ideal for EVERY situation and EVERY site. A major ecommerce site should NOT use Joomla with the virtuemart extension, but should use Magento instead.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571338].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Shoot
        Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

        No, if you want to create a shopping cart then use Magento. See unlike everyone else, I realize my personal favorite CMS is not ideal for EVERY situation and EVERY site. A major ecommerce site should NOT use Joomla with the virtuemart extension, but should use Magento instead.
        Plus once you learn magento you have a VALUABLE UNIQUE SKILL SET!

        Wordpress fanboys are just as bad as apple fan boys.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    I had my "main" blog Internet Marketing SEO Product Reviews & Downloads | E-Marketing | Online Marketing running on Drupal for several years, it was really a PAIN to maintenance and to admin.

    Last year i finally converted it over to Wordpress..and i am very happy i did. It's not even in the same ballpark in terms of easiness, admin etc...and in terms of SEO its as last as good as when it was running on Drupal.

    Wordpress doesn't have the organizational structure on the back end to manage content and users with finesse once you get beyond a certain scale.
    You might be right there, but IMHO for the majority of uses, even from the CMS side of things Wordpress is more than "sufficient". To be honest, the category/node system in Drupal is not really something i'd call "straight-forward"...there was WAY to much complexity involved in all matters which i simply considered overkill.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5571509].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MentorGroup
    Wordpress all the way. You can modify it with a variety of plugins and with a little tweaking can make it look, run and feel like a normal website. The others, from what I have heard, require quite a bit of customization and aren't as use-friendly out of the box.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5572216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ewan1998
    Banned
    Wordpress gives you the most customization options for you blog/site, allowing you to edit the HTML and it has hundreds of plug-ins and themes. The other thing I love is the Admin CP, which is extremely easy to use. The plug-ins are very powerful and can range from Paypal Donate buttons to forums! It all depends what your wanting your site/blog to be like, but I'd go for Wordpress if your picky about exactly how your site should look.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5572277].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paperchasing
    It's fine to prefer Wordpress for whatever reasons you choose, but I really wish people would stop saying silly things like Wordpress gives you the most options when they have no clue.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5572314].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ewan1998
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Paperchasing View Post

      It's fine to prefer Wordpress for whatever reasons you choose, but I really wish people would stop saying silly things like Wordpress gives you the most options when they have no clue.
      It does in my opinion however beat others when it comes down to choosing how your site looks, to customize it to the max. With the large range of plug-ins available, you can create practically anything with it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5572330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sentinelsoft
    Wordpress is great, superb and wonderful, wordpress all the way...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5572642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jase1977
    As a newbie, I'm dabbling in WP. I'm still learning the ropes, but by no means an expert at it. Most people say WP is good for newbies like me, so that's what I'm trying to learn first. But I do plan on in the future learning all 3 and deciding what's best for me after I learn them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5767076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Miraclem
    Wordpress, it's the most used and has the best custom modifications for plugins and themes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5767347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ToneyCr
    Just chose Wordpress, you don't going to make wrong choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5767708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeremiahSay
    Wordpress is user-friendly, google loves it (white-hat of course), lots of wonderful plugins to enhance your site..

    My vote, like most of the others - WORDPRESSS!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5767817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Owens
    Wordpress is so much more powerful both out of the box and with customization. And Google loves Wordpress
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5767834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluebrain
    I prefer Wordpress, then again I never looked into J or D.
    Signature
    Mine crypto coins not using graphics cards but by building gold mines in an online strategy game???
    [EASY $100 a month] How to make money playing GoldenTowns
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5767959].message }}

Trending Topics