What annoys you about your autoresponder?

by gzeus
9 replies
What really annoys you at your autoresponder provider?

For me it's the double-optin bull that you have to re-do when you switch providers (more and more of them do this). I understand that it protects them from lowering their delivery score?
#annoys #autoresponder #email marketing
  • Profile picture of the author JoshuaWriter
    This double opt-in protects the AR companies from spammers dumping hundreds of thousands of names into their service. As much as it stinks, its really the only way to make it work.
    Signature

    Want to partner with me? Contact me via PM and lets chat!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5021338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by gzeus View Post

    What really annoys you at your autoresponder provider?

    For me it's the double-optin bull that you have to re-do when you switch providers (more and more of them do this).
    That's one of the things I like most about mine!

    I'd hate to use an autoresponder that didn't make all its other clients send a confirmation email only, first, if they want to import a list. Because their deliverability for my outgoing email would be appallingly bad, wouldn't it?

    (Maybe we should have a counter-thread: "What do you like most about your autoresponder?" )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5021361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Kage
    Well, it's not my auto-responder, it's auto-responders like Interspire that kind of annoy me. It is good, I can say that much but it does have a chance of getting your site blacklisted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5021673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paleochora
    What annoys me is not one single company offers everything I want or need so I end up with accounts at many - all for specific reasons and particular jobs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5021747].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gzeus
      Originally Posted by Paleochora View Post

      What annoys me is not one single company offers everything I want or need so I end up with accounts at many - all for specific reasons and particular jobs.
      What is your specific list of wants? The more specific the better...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5023071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gzeus
    Haven't any of you had this issue of losing too many subscribers if you migrate?

    How did you deal with it, or you just stayed with the provider instead?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5023064].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DianaHeuser
      Originally Posted by gzeus View Post

      Haven't any of you had this issue of losing too many subscribers if you migrate?

      How did you deal with it, or you just stayed with the provider instead?
      I just migrated my one list to Aweber. I lost half my subscribers which sounds awful, but it was a tiny list and the deliverability is much better.

      Decided it would be better to do it now, instead of later when the list was bigger.

      Di
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5026150].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by DianaHeuser View Post

        I just migrated my one list to Aweber. I lost half my subscribers which sounds awful
        Not so much ... I know many people who've lost two thirds, or three quarters of their lists, doing this.

        I strongly suspect that the fact that you've retained half shows that you have a good, well-made list. Really.

        Originally Posted by DianaHeuser View Post

        Decided it would be better to do it now, instead of later when the list was bigger.
        Absolutely right ... clearly you've done the right thing, Di.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5026346].message }}

Trending Topics