How would you spend $200 each month?

77 replies
Option 1:
Senuke X, Ultra Spun Minis, indexing service

Option 2:
Adding 7 or 8 aged domain, high PR blogs to a private network + Article Ranks and Authority Link Network + Ultra Spin Minis
#$200 #month #spend
  • Profile picture of the author feliciayapsl
    I would choose option 1.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5049427].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rock Solid Links
      Why option 1? Do you desire the automation? Do you feel that the software is more powerful than private networks?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5049483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jaspworld
    For me it's definitely option 2. It seems more whitehat to me.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5083967].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jenny4u1
    I will use option 2.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ButterflyN
    Probably option 1.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084161].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Option 3. Groceries.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084201].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      It looks like Laurence wins (again): I have to agree with Laurence, anyway, whose post above (whether intended literally or not) is a much better and more reasonable answer than some will appreciate.

      I wouldn't consider either of the options offered in the OP because in my opinion they both completely miss the point, and are based around quantitative/PR approaches to SEO, from neither of which I'd really expect my sites to get any significant, long-term benefits at all.

      In fact I used to do some of "that sort of stuff" a year or two ago, and saw its effectiveness gradually decreasing, exactly as Google and others said it would - and have now completely stopped spending money on this, concentrated only on approaches based around relevance and quality and am doing better than ever before, for rankings.

      SEO, these days, is all about quality and relevance. Everything emanating from Google tells us that, over and over and over again. It's also easily verifiable by anyone willing to look at the evidence: all the statements on various Google and Matt Cutts blogs and videos; what all the newer editions of the standard SEO textbooks are telling us; my own experience and that of others I know and trust, whose information has proven reliable to me in the past, and so on.

      We can see from the increasing regularity with which lower-PR pages with fewer incoming backlinks are outranking higher-PR pages with more incoming backlinks in Google's SERP's, and by assessing the SEO quality of top-ranked sites for keywords of medium and low competition, that all that really matters now is quality and relevance.

      Page ranks without relevance are not much good. "Numbers of backlinks" alone are virtually no good at all.

      Both options 1 and 2 are seriously misguided, in my opinion, and option 3 ("groceries") is therefore the clear winner here: sorry.

      If you want a business that depends on Google for its traffic (and that's a very risky business, which will only ever be one algorithm-change away from a potential disaster), at least spend your money on something aimed in the right direction, based solely on quality and relevance, that's likely to be of some real, long-term benefit, and stop trying to "game the system", which is what most (maybe all) of what you've listed above is actually designed for. In the long run, it won't pay.

      One thing is for sure: people who are switching their SEO endeavours from quantitative to qualitative approaches are not switching back.

      Of course, the people promoting and selling all the stuff/services listed at the start of the thread will tell you a very different story, but as with so many other things in internet marketing, one has to decide by whom one wishes to be guided.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084315].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nickhumph
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        I have to agree with Laurence, whose post above (whether intended literally or not) is a much better and more reasonable answer than some will appreciate.

        I wouldn't consider either of the options offered in the OP because in my opinion they both completely miss the point, and are based around quantitative/PR approaches to SEO, from neither of which I'd really expect my sites to get any realistic, long-term benefits at all.

        In fact I used to do some of "that sort of stuff" a year or two ago, and saw its effectiveness gradually decreasing, exactly as Google and others said it would - and have now completely stopped spending money on this, concentrated only on approaches based around relevance and quality and am doing better than ever before, for rankings.

        SEO, these days, is all about quality and relevance. Everything emanating from Google tells us that, over and over and over again. It's also easily verifiable by anyone willing to look at the evidence: all the statements on various Google and Matt Cutts blogs and videos; what all the newer editions of the standard SEO textbooks are telling us; my own experience and that of others I know and trust, whose information has proven reliable to me in the past, and so on.

        We can see from the increasing regularity with which lower-PR pages with fewer incoming backlinks are outranking higher-PR pages with more incoming backlinks in Google's SERP's, and by assessing the SEO quality of top-ranked sites for keywords of medium and low competition, that all that really matters now is quality and relevance.

        Page ranks without relevance are not much good. "Numbers of backlinks" are virtually no good at all.

        Both options 1 and 2 are seriously misguided, in my opinion, and option 3 ("groceries") is therefore the clear winner here: sorry.

        If you want a business that depends on Google for its traffic (and that's a very risky business, which will only ever be one algorithm-change away from a potential disaster), at least spend your money on something aimed in the right direction, based solely on quality and relevance, that's likely to be of some real, long-term benefit, and stop trying to "game the system", which is what most of what you've listed above is designed for. In the long run, it won't pay.

        One thing is for sure: people who are switching their SEO endeavours from quantitative to qualitative approaches are not switching back.
        Thanks Alexa for making a 'reasonable answer'. I'm getting into SEO but I'm just creating as many PR>3 backlinks as I can. So are you saying I'm not doing the right thing?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084369].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by nickhumph View Post

          I'm just creating as many PR>3 backlinks as I can. So are you saying I'm not doing the right thing?
          I stopped looking at page ranks altogether about 7/8 months ago and I don't miss them in the slightest.

          I don't doubt that if you have, for example, a niche site promoting cauliflower soup recipes (I always use this silly example - sorry: it's "traditional" now!), then a backlink from a PR-4 page on someone's soup blog will be better for you than one from a PR-0 page on the same blog. I'm not pretending that page ranks don't exist at all. But for me, the reality is that once I've found someone's nice soup blog from which I want a relevant backlink, I'm going to take it - if I can get one - whether the page on which I can get it is PR-4 or PR-0, so it's actually not even worth my while checking. What matters to me is that it's a soup blog. And the reason that's what matters to me is partly that that's what matters to Google (and partly the fact that I want traffic too, not just backlinks!).

          I'm among the many people here who wish (and sometimes say openly) that Google would finally drop this pretence about page ranks altogether, rather than continuing to maintain it (just about, though not even convincingly, now), while systematically, inexorably, consistently making them less and less significant every time they breath over one of their algorithms.

          The standard SEO textbook authors were saying, rightly, even before the start of this long series of "Panda updates" (there are more of them coming up, too, by the way) that one would typically need something between 50,000 and 100,000 non-context-relevant low-PR backlinks (of the type often produced by the stuff mentioned up above) to confer the link-juice equivalent to that from one decent backlink from a relevant authority site. Heaven only knows how high that figure is, now - it must be well into 6 figures, surely? :rolleyes:

          Nick, I'm not trying to tell you that your PR-3/4 backlinks aren't worth any more than PR-0/1 backlinks (partly because I'll only get myself shouted at again by Warriors selling "backlinking services", as so often, if I come across as saying that). I'm simply suggesting - as strongly as I can - that looking for relevant backlinks and forgetting their page ranks is a far, far better use of your time than looking for high-PR backlinks and forgetting their relevance. And that's putting it mildly.

          Well, at least the cauliflower soup example was LSI-appropriate to the groceries, here ...

          You'll like this thread, too, Nick.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084431].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
            Yippeeeeeee. I win.
            Signature

            Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
            Website / Blog for more info.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084506].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Enfusia
              I have to agree with Alexa on this.

              Also, the real holy grail of link building is relevant links from authority sites anchors in text. I.E. let's say you're in education a few links in articles from a major university on an aged page with a lot of natural links to it will do a whole lot more that 1,000 nuke blasts.

              I have tested these types of blasts on sites where they were ranking but not converting well etc.. (I.E. I didn't care if it worked or not it they were tests).

              Not one of them have done anything at all and a couple have tanked sites.

              I know there are a couple of guys on the forum with much higher post counts than mine saying this stuff works but what I have found is opposite of that.

              I even had an acquaintance who had an easier site to rank than mine in the same basic niche. He was sold on the spray and pray mega spam link blasts and so used them to the tune of around 50k in link blasts.

              I used my tactics. He had just under 1,100 links that stuck (according to YSE).

              I put out about 225 links and had 191 showing in YSE (more were found later).

              This was just a few days ago so was post Panda.

              Results: he was #4 page 5
              I was #1 page 1

              You must decide what you want to do. But I'm just sayin.....

              Patrick
              Signature
              Free eBook =>
              The Secret To Success In Any Business
              Yes, Any Business!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084667].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author wegenbelasting
                Originally Posted by Enfusia View Post

                I have to agree with Alexa on this.

                Also, the real holy grail of link building is relevant links from authority sites anchors in text. I.E. let's say you're in education a few links in articles from a major university on an aged page with a lot of natural links to it will do a whole lot more that 1,000 nuke blasts.

                I have tested these types of blasts on sites where they were ranking but not converting well etc.. (I.E. I didn't care if it worked or not it they were tests).

                Not one of them have done anything at all and a couple have tanked sites.

                I know there are a couple of guys on the forum with much higher post counts than mine saying this stuff works but what I have found is opposite of that.

                I even had an acquaintance who had an easier site to rank than mine in the same basic niche. He was sold on the spray and pray mega spam link blasts and so used them to the tune of around 50k in link blasts.

                I used my tactics. He had just under 1,100 links that stuck (according to YSE).

                I put out about 225 links and had 191 showing in YSE (more were found later).

                This was just a few days ago so was post Panda.

                Results: he was #4 page 5
                I was #1 page 1

                You must decide what you want to do. But I'm just sayin.....

                Patrick
                50k in link blasts also requires quiet some time compared to building 225 links it might in fact be not that much off, I own a couple automation softwares but I quit using them.

                Same thing with scrapebox, I thought a solid strategy was to scrape 10.000s of sites, filter them on PR and then autopost the PR3+ ones, but that doesnt work, cause every single one that is auto approved has more then 200 links already
                Signature
                I dont need to promote anything!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085643].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nickhumph
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            I stopped looking at page ranks altogether about 7/8 months ago and I don't miss them in the slightest.

            I don't doubt that if you have, for example, a niche site promoting cauliflower soup recipes (I always use this silly example - sorry: it's "traditional" now!), then a backlink from a PR-4 page on someone's soup blog will be better for you than one from a PR-0 page on the same blog. I'm not pretending that page ranks don't exist at all. But for me, the reality is that once I've found someone's nice soup blog from which I want a relevant backlink, I'm going to take it - if I can get one - whether the page on which I can get it is PR-4 or PR-0, so it's actually not even worth my while checking. What matters to me is that it's a soup blog. And the reason that's what matters to me is partly that that's what matters to Google (and partly the fact that I want traffic too, not just backlinks!).

            I'm among the many people here who wish (and sometimes say openly) that Google would finally drop this pretence about page ranks altogether, rather than continuing to maintain it (just about, though not even convincingly, now), while systematically, inexorably, consistently making them less and less significant every time they breath over one of their algorithms.

            The standard SEO textbook authors were saying, rightly, even before the start of this long series of "Panda updates" (there are more of them coming up, too, by the way) that one would typically need something between 50,000 and 100,000 non-context-relevant low-PR backlinks (of the type often produced by the stuff mentioned up above) to confer the link-juice equivalent to that from one decent backlink from a relevant authority site. Heaven only knows how high that figure is, now - it must be well into 6 figures, surely? :rolleyes:

            Nick, I'm not trying to tell you that your PR-3/4 backlinks aren't worth any more than PR-0/1 backlinks (partly because I'll only get myself shouted at again by Warriors selling "backlinking services", as so often, if I come across as saying that). I'm simply suggesting - as strongly as I can - that looking for relevant backlinks and forgetting their page ranks is a far, far better use of your time than looking for high-PR backlinks and forgetting their relevance. And that's putting it mildly.

            Well, at least the cauliflower soup example was LSI-appropriate to the groceries, here ...

            You'll like this thread, too, Nick.
            Thanks Alexa,

            So it's primarily about relevance then.. right?

            If my website sells small business services (which it does) and my website is linked by small business magazines, blogs, and anything related to small business.. my page is going to get more authority in google, regardless of the PR?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085692].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author wegenbelasting
              Originally Posted by nickhumph View Post

              Thanks Alexa,

              So it's primarily about relevance then.. right?

              If my website sells small business services (which it does) and my website is linked by small business magazines, blogs, and anything related to small business.. my page is going to get more authority in google, regardless of the PR?
              Check out this little site:

              goedkoop-thailand.jouwweb.nl

              As you can see it's hosted on a free local blog, and it's ranking at page1 for the search terms: goedkoop thailand and goedkoop naar thailand

              Okay the competition is not very high but at page1 there are a bunch of travelagency's with PR3+. I havent build a link to it for 6 months, but when I started I made comments on blogs about Thailand, very relevant comments cause I've been there so I like talking about it (I also builded spammy links but that was only at the start as I left the site for dead when I figured the exact search phrase was only like 100-150, classic mistake of searching on broad).

              Anyway, it still ranks and in fact the rankings have increased without adding content or any other efforts, that pretty much shows the strength of this dozen very relevant links.

              "Goedkoop" means cheap btw.

              EDIT: Nevermind I checked at Google.com, it's still at #5 page 1.
              Signature
              I dont need to promote anything!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085703].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
              Banned
              Originally Posted by nickhumph View Post

              Thanks Alexa,

              So it's primarily about relevance then.. right?
              Yes, very much so.

              The people selling the SeNuke and Scrapebox sort of services don't like it being said, but that doesn't make it any less true. If you do identify relevant blogs with software and try to submit to them, typically you'll find that the auto-approve ones have been spammed to death, which makes their backlinks worthless anyway (the linkjuice is in inverse proportion to the number of backlinks on the page).

              Originally Posted by nickhumph View Post

              If my website sells small business services (which it does) and my website is linked by small business magazines, blogs, and anything related to small business.. my page is going to get more authority in google, regardless of the PR?
              Yes indeed ... PR has very little, if anything, to do with that.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5087093].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Alright,

        Hi Alexa

        We've had some Pm contact in the past and I have always agreed with a lot of your points on SEO. However I am all for people having accurate information and in a few posts recently you have not really been giving that (no attack still have lots of respect but just a fact ). I know you are mainly into article syndication and therefore you might not really understand the subject of pagerank. Hopefully I can correct that and I won't do so by stating my opinions but just the facts.Might be long but there is so much false information to correct


        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        I wouldn't consider either of the options offered in the OP because in my opinion they both completely miss the point, and are based around quantitative/PR approaches to SEO, from neither of which I'd really expect my sites to get any significant, long-term benefits at all.
        The reality that people have done quite well using services like BMR really contradicts this point - In spades. In fact just about any SEO will tell you that getting High PR links (with the distinction that they also have to have targeted keywords) does in fact have lasting benefit. In addition to BMR there are countless other home page backlink systems and they also have had great success again in delivering long term benefit. So despite what you think the evidence says otherwise

        Getting high Pr links is indisputable as a factor for ranking (again as long as those high PR links are targeted to anchor text). anyone can check backlinks in just about any search result and you will see pages with high PR links at the top. This is entirely different from having a high Pr page something which I find you a bit confused on but I will get to that shortly.

        In fact I used to do some of "that sort of stuff" a year or two ago, and saw its effectiveness gradually decreasing, exactly as Google and others said it would
        Google has said they wish people would not concentrate on PR as much and they changed access to it in the TOOLS section but they have NEVER EVER announced anywhere that PR would no longer be a factor. In fact in Matt cutt's videos he continues to reference it in video after video. That is totally wrong and if not then you can show where you are quoting that from.

        and have now completely stopped spending money on this, concentrated only on approaches based around relevance and quality and am doing better than ever before, for rankings.
        Without backlinks? I think not. You can't really be challenging the notion that backlinks help to rank a site. Quality is always great at getting backlinks so I have no doubt you get them but get them you must in order to rank in any competitive field. Furthermore I don't think you really understood the OPs options. He mentioned buying aged domains. There is nothing to say that he cannot put quality and relevance on his aged domains. Its not one or the other.You either don't understand the practice or you erroneously assume that people must put junk on an aged domain.

        SEO, these days, is all about quality and relevance. Everything emanating from Google tells us that, over and over and over again. It's also easily verifiable by anyone willing to look at the evidence: all the statements on various Google and Matt Cutts blogs
        Again false because you look to alienate Pagerank from quality which is something Google NEVER does. One of the metrics which Google uses to determine the likelihood of quality is authority and one of the main metrics of that is pagerank. Nowhere has google EVER stated that has been removed form the algo. Some of thoe most respected sites on the internet continue to be represented by high PR pages. In fact this is evident because Google still does not like when people buy high Pr links. IF the algo no longer took it into account then buying links would not work and they do as any SEO will tell you. Instead of Google claiming they do not work they instead indicate it is a kind of manipulation. Now how can you manipulate something that no longer works? I'd say that's a dead give away that you have things in that regard quite wrong.

        We can see from the increasing regularity with which lower-PR pages with fewer incoming backlinks are outranking higher-PR pages with more incoming backlinks in Google's SERP's, and by assessing the SEO quality of top-ranked sites for keywords of medium and low competition, that all that really matters now is quality and relevance.
        Okay this is where I say you just completely miss in your understanding of PR and you have said this multiple times but its still wrong. No one ever claims that because a site HAS a high PR it will rank for any term. People do not buy aged domains or look for PR just to build up their pages PR. The point is simple. Its THE LINKS that have PR to your site for a targeted anchor text that cause your site to rise.

        Your point that a low pr page outranks a higher PR page for a given search only indicates that THE LINKS and the pages for the high PR page were not targeted for that particular search term. Google looks at the anchor text to see if the link is voting for your site for a given search term so of course if I get a PR 5 link and its anchor text is "golf balls" and you get a PR1 link for "books on Arabia" then yours will out rank me for "books on Arabia". However all things being equal youwill NOT outrank me for "Golf balls" because that PR link is targeted to that keyword. Thats the point. NO ONE claims that the pagerank of your site makes it universally able to rank for any term. The pagerank of your page is the sum total of all your links cominging regardless of anchor text. Just because your PAGES PR does not matter for ranking doesn't mean that PR in regard to links coming into your page that are targeted for a keyword do not. Thats the mistake you are consistently making.

        Both options 1 and 2 are seriously misguided, in my opinion, and option 3 ("groceries") is therefore the clear winner here: sorry.
        Sorry Alexa I respect you on a number of things but on pagerank and aged domains you have no clue and are dead wrong - but one last thing

        If you want a business that depends on Google for its traffic (and that's a very risky business, which will only ever be one algorithm-change away from a potential disaster),
        This too is false and again only because for whatever reason you insist on a polarized approach (despite claims of sellers being biased we are all marketers here just a matter of what you are marketing - I mean usually not the present Ken WSO). You insist its either SEO or quality when its a false choice. A site that offers quality that does SEO will continue to have strong repeat traffic that was originally gained by SEo quite easily. People who rally against SEO seem to entirely forget that search volume is of fairly recent searchers who later will not do searches but become repeat customers. You do not continue to search for "golf balls" if you are into Golf. You search. you find and you evaluate. In the future you go right back to the site that you trust not run searches forever.

        So it is fact totally false that running your business using SEO makes it risky because of algo changes. if your site is junk then yes of course but if it is quality (and nothing despite your either or approach forbids it when doing SEO) then it continues to build and keep traffic regardless of algo changes.. SEO just primes the pump at first so enough people find you share you and return to you.

        Of course, the people promoting and selling all the stuff/services listed at the start of the thread will tell you a very different story, but as with so many other things in internet marketing, one has to decide by whom one wishes to be guided.
        To be quite honest alexa you have as much incentive to push your viewpoints as any seller does. You've been running a sig a very long time promoting your own services so rather than muddy the water we can be fair about it and talk about the issues without resorting to that. Both sides can play that card.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5184714].message }}
  • A wise Japanese man once said to me, (true story!)
    "If you don't know which path to take, simply choose ONE path and by walking along that ONE path only YOU will know if that path is the RIGHT path. "

    Hope this helps

    Melvin
    Signature

    FREE Make Money Every 30 Mins VIDEO Series.... http://turbocashflow.net/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084413].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author svborgman
      Originally Posted by Melvin San Miguel View Post

      A wise Japanese man once said to me, (true story!)
      "If you don't know which path to take, simply choose ONE path and by walking along that ONE path only YOU will know if that path is the RIGHT path. "

      Hope this helps

      Melvin
      Melvin, I would completely agree with you. And with that said, I would seek out a quality online business coach and get as much coaching as possible for that $200 per month so that I could snowball my success in this ONE area.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      Originally Posted by Melvin San Miguel View Post

      A wise Japanese man once said to me, (true story!)
      "If you don't know which path to take, simply choose ONE path and by walking along that ONE path only YOU will know if that path is the RIGHT path. "

      Hope this helps

      Melvin
      I love this Melvin!

      It reminds me of testing.

      I firmly believe that best thing one can do for their business is to test because each business is as individual as the business owner themselves. Each may target a different audience or a different purpose from within that same audience. (I hope I made that clear).

      Anyway, what may be a smashing success for one may not have the same results for the other.

      When I read through thoughtful and helpful posts from others, I see them as the beginning of a path to take for testing myself.

      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jun Balona
    I'm undecided on either

    Option 3: Groceries

    or

    Option 4: Donate half to Ken and then half to KimW.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5084897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sprice
    I don't like either option, but if I had to choose 1 it would be option 1.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trapped
    I would just stop listening to whatever and whoever tells or influences you in your decision, most are based on "long time ago i did.." or "i think that.." ..it will just create more confusion to you.

    Thing is, either of the options you choose to do, you better be sure on what and how you intend to use it, what is your real goal and how far so you see yourself with the strategy you might potentially choose.

    It is nothing new at all that relevance and qulity counts, it has always counted. I would actually keep this point very close to mind. The quality abd relevant links however can be obtained (acquire links, publish a story/report or simply content on relevant sites) or even achieved/created with a combination of your two mentioned options.

    Gosh hate writing long replies from the phone..Will try and edit when i get back to my pc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085745].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wegenbelasting
      Originally Posted by Trapped View Post

      I would just stop listening to whatever and whoever tells or influences you in your decision, most are based on "long time ago i did.." or "i think that.." ..it will just create more confusion to you.

      Thing is, either of the options you choose to do, you better be sure on what and how you intend to use it, what is your real goal and how far so you see yourself with the strategy you might potentially choose.

      It is nothing new at all that relevance and qulity counts, it has always counted. I would actually keep this point very close to mind. The quality abd relevant links however can be obtained (acquire links, publish a story/report or simply content on relevant sites) or even achieved/created with a combination of your two mentioned options.

      Gosh hate writing long replies from the phone..Will try and edit when i get back to my pc
      This is about the worse advice you can give as there are only a few options to chose from that work

      1: Find relevant links
      2: Spent money on private blog networks
      3: Find high PR pages that aren't spammed hugely (terrible search work)

      As the guy is young he probably don't want or can't spent a lot of money so only 1 option left and that is builidng relevant links instead of spamming the place all over without getting rewarded
      Signature
      I dont need to promote anything!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085809].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Trapped
        Originally Posted by wegenbelasting View Post

        This is about the worse advice you can give as there are only a few options to chose from that work

        1: Find relevant links
        2: Spent money on private blog networks
        3: Find high PR pages that aren't spammed hugely (terrible search work)

        As the guy is young he probably don't want or can't spent a lot of money so only 1 option left and that is builidng relevant links instead of spamming the place all over without getting rewarded
        Said the man that is offering edu and blog comment links...so really, not even worth to comment back.

        Now i'd just want to explain better my previous comment.

        Furry Samson, not sure if you are willing to promote just one site or multiple sites, and don't even know in what you are really good. However I will just presume that you have some knowledge of seo, you are promoting one site only and that you are able to produce decent content for your niche.

        Given the budget you have I would just borrow Alexa's advice. It is time consuming, and it might be hard to execute if you are after several sites at once and you are doing everything by yourself. But at the end of the day it is relevance and quality that has always counted.

        If you are good at writing content even better, it will save you money. Use that content to guest blog on relevant sites, share a story on relevant forums etc. It will get you started and you will indeed see some benefits, but those are not and never will be sites in your control, the owner might let the domain drop, sell the site and new owner can do whatever he wants etc, still it is the right path to start from, and even if you chose one of the two options you mentioned I would keep this one in mind.

        If I was you with the same budget and had more time in disposal to promote just one site I would chose option 2 for some time, create a niche relevant blog network of even 10 sites over a period of time. Then i might just possibly chose option one (or an alternative as I do not like SeNuke's functions at all) to promote the network I have created (you can created even 100 blogs for your network, but it will be a waste of time if you do not promote that network and turn it also into a "quality" resource too).

        I just hope this little bit I added on the second comment explains better why i said "if you are not sure what you want to achieve you might possibly make the wrong decision" as it all boils into quality and relevance honestly. If you build a blog network but don't know how to turn that network into a quality one it would be waste of time, if you want to use senuke but you don't know what it does and how to get the most of it then again you will be wasting time and money.

        P.S. What ever I mentioned above is based on a presumption that you want to do everything by your own and you don't want to outsource some parts.

        P.P.S. about the link acquisition, nobody talks about it (lately) but everyone is doing it (big brands included).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5087430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jthom804
    You could always look into getting it outsourced.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5085922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author submissionbay
    option 2 looks better
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5087449].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wegenbelasting
      Said the man selling edu and blog comment links.

      Well for the edu there is something to say, I'm looking for something to replace it with, but well as long as there is demand....

      The blog comments are on high pr PAGES, so they are definetly worth a lot, the reason for the low price of $35,- is that I have no guarantee that they will stay forever. Try to rent 15 high PR links and see what you'll spent a month. I bet it's a lot more then $35,-/month.

      Anyway, option2 is the way to go for $200/month. With option1 you'll still spent a lot of time cause you have to backlink the backlinks or it will be a waste of time+money at the start.
      Signature
      I dont need to promote anything!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5087505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dvduval
    I choose to spend money with people to produce quality work. Finding good people is the most important part of my business. I do not find that building mini web sites is always the best option. Instead I would probably choose to purchase Just 1 of the options you provided And then spend future revenue on Quality people to help build my business.
    Signature
    It is okay to contact me! I have been developing software since 1999, creating many popular products like phpLD.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5087886].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rukshan
    Option 1. You can use it for own sites and offer a service to earn extra cash
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5088582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hayesrobin
    Of course option 2! Don't forget it is panda age!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5088881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WildaGorskic
    Definitely , option 2 , as for me , both are same price then why dont we go with White hatt as i dont think google would like those links , i mean i have heard its not good
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5088922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
    Good question and good replies here.

    For Alexa or anyone else who wants to answer this :

    Would using Scrapebox or other such software to create lots of backlinks on non-related blogs which have been spammed to death with other backlinks actually harm position in the SERPs ? Or would it mostly give a neutral type of result ?

    Thanks
    Signature
    Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
    + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
    Click here now. (no opt-in required)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5089001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dkbiz92
    outsource seo and backlinking.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5089127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobHiness
    Go with option 1! :-)
    Signature
    “It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.”
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5089149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    But then when you choose option 1 the op asks why? eventhough, the OP didn't give much info when he wrote this posts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5089429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    Spend your $200 on traffic.

    Pick an offer, buy your traffic, see if it converts.

    If it doesn't - look at why - and if it's something in your control change it and try again.

    If it's something you can't control - pick a new offer and keep looking tilll you find one that does convert.

    When you find one that does convert scale it up as much as you can!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5090388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rock Solid Links
    I've enjoyed reading through the replies in this thread and appreciate everyone's input. The catalyst for my question is a few months of poor results with a primarily Senuke strategy.

    My rankings slowly crept backwards even though I spent hours and hours and hours refining my efforts. It also seemed like I was always one tool away from success. First it was Senuke X, then it was IPs, Scrapebox, training membership, ultra spun articles, upgraded indexing, etc. This approach required a lot of cash and more importantly (to me) a TON of time learning how to make it all tick. No matter what I tried, my rankings were still on the slow crawl backwards. I got sick of seeing reports of marketer's ranks trending up while mine continued to trend down.

    Since my original post here, I pulled the plug on option one and began a few things that could be categorized under option two. Within a week I saw the results that I had hoped for with my months of nuking. Getting a few contextual links from blogs with a bit if PR did wonders for my SERPs. I'm now getting results for way less money and way less work. You may be thinking option one is automated so how much work can it take. Nuking was taking hours and hours every day, just ask my wife.

    Based on my experience, I believe that a number of relevant backlinks from authority pages is far better than thousands of PR0 mini blog links. Out of a couple thousand Senuke backlinks, only a handful stuck...no more than 20. For me, it just isn't worth the time or the money.

    My next step is to move away from Vita Vees premium and mini spins. They get indexed, but the links simply do not show up in Majestic. I have to believe that these links are devalued in some way. It's a big step because spinning is extremely tedious, but I think it will be worth the effort.

    Thanks again for the great feedback. I appreciate each of you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5136079].message }}
  • Use it on options 2
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5136134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GBomb
    This has been some of the best reading I have come across thus for on page ranks and content info. I use to spam back links with a number of services but came to the realization (after Panda :/) that this was an unsustainable practice and am now looking to develop a more bullet proof service. I really value my customers and want to do a great job for them (seriously). Long question short, I use Scrapebox to harvest URL's but I manually request links after filtering the results. Is this a good practice or should I do this all manually?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5185947].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      To be quite honest alexa you have as much incentive to push your viewpoints as any seller does. You've been running a sig a very long time promoting your own services
      This is absolutely untruthful, Mike.

      I have no services to promote in this forum, and I have NOT had a sig-file promoting any services.

      On the contrary
      , what I've had in my sig-file for most of the last 2 years is a link to a site announcing very clearly and unambguously that I have NO services to promote (which I'd put there in an attempt to discourage people from asking by private messge, which they do several times a day). :rolleyes:

      Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

      Both sides can play that card.
      Indeed not.

      One side can play it, and the other side can't.

      Funny that, isn't it? Makes it kind of easy for people to see which side has their own financial incentive underlying their perspective and which side doesn't. And sometimes that's very relevant, too.

      Looking forward to seeing your equally prominent and unreserved "apology and retraction", please.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186040].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        This is absolutely untruthful, Mike.

        Say what you like about SEO, backlinks, etc.etc. but please don't tell lies about me.

        I have no services to promote in this forum, and I have NOT had a sig-file promoting any services.
        Alexa I recall distinctly seeing you promote yourself as a writer on these forums in the past. If you do not do so presently that is fine. This is an internet marketing forum we all have something to market. The fact that you do not market here would at any rate be irrelevant. People who market here are not instantly suspect over those that do not. Sorry I might have given an apology (its not beneath me) but there is no reason to after this bit...

        Funny that, isn't it? Makes it kind of easy for people to see which side has their own financial incentive underlying their perspective and which side doesn't. And sometimes that's very relevant, too.

        Looking forward to seeing your equally prominent "apology and retraction", please.
        All you have proven by that paragraph is that whatever apology you wish to get you should be prepared to give because you are guilty of the same you accuse others of.

        You insinuate directly here that a financial incentive is at the base of my perspective. Maybe you should have done a little checking yourself Alexa because by your own standards it is YOU that are lying. I have spent most time on this forum without a sig file and the one I presently have is based on a series of post I made on a subject BEFORE I EVER sold anything related to it and only sell it because it was specifically requested AFTER that thread

        In other words despite your fabricated assumption I hold my positions on SEO based on my previous experience as a SEO without anything for sale here.

        So now that we have got the mutual lying accusations out of the way it might be a good idea to get back on the subject. Your positions are untenable based on the evidence. You directly state things that are verifiably wrong. Stick to article syndication where you know what you are talking about and where I have stated openly on many occasions I find a great deal of your points very salient.

        Google has not diminished the role of pagerank to the point where it is no longer important, the fact that a high pr page is outranked by a lower pr rank page for a term that it is not targeting has been explained to you as a bogus example of why PR matters little, and your general rant against SEO as being a risky way of promotion has been exposed to be utter nonsense when you take into the account the obvious issue of return traffic once you have acquired visitors :rolleyes:.

        IF I were to trash article marketing and syndication the way that you do constantly SEO while making sweeping statements that are provably wrong (no? then kindly try and refute the points put to you) you would likewise stand up for the benefits of that which you use. Get over it and address yourself to the points made.

        Trying to smear every single person that disagrees with you on simple basic SEO issues that you have terribly wrong because they have a sig or they sell a service IN AN INTERNET MARKETING FORUM is one of the silliest tactics I see here displayed. Make your points on the fact not the slander of it. If I can't back my points THEN you can draw your conclusions but doing so by fiat is intellectually dishonest.

        Can you deny that services that are based on high Pr links such as BMR work for many people and have lasting long term benefits? Not without lying

        Can you supply a link to a quote from Google that indicates that Pageranks is being relegated to no importance? Not without fabrication or twisting based on what you don't understand?

        Do you understand the difference between PR received in a link targeted to anchor text rather than the PR of the page ranking? apparently not.

        as for the personal insinuations stuff I only have one request. Do not send me anymore insulting PMs with mocking smilies to boot. I do not use PMs to send unsolicited messages. I don't know your age but I am sure we can be adults, disagree and be civil.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186283].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Alexa I recall distinctly seeing you promote yourself as a writer on these forums in the past.
          You're wrong, Mike.

          I have never promoted a writing service in this forum.

          This is simply factual.

          My profile has had over 64,000 visits, and my sig-file (before I changed it to the one you see now, for Ken Strong's benefit WSO) had far more than that.

          Do you seriously imagine I'd state so openly that I've never promoted a service here, if any one person out of those thousands could contradict me on it?!


          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          If you do not do so presently that is fine.
          No, it isn't fine, Mike. You've maligned me, here. You've stated that the motivation of my posts is something that isn't true. That's very, very far from fine.

          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          Sorry I might have given an apology (its not beneath me)
          On the contrary, apparently: it's now very clear that you did regard it as beneath you!

          You impugned my integrity in public, were proven wrong on the facts, and still wouldn't either say "sorry" or even admit that you were mistaken.

          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          You insinuate directly here that a financial incentive is at the base of my perspective.
          I "insinuated" no such thing. You hadn't even posted in this thread. You weren't involved in this thread until you launched an attack on me and lied about me. Nobody had mentioned you. Nobody was discussing you. Get over it.

          Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

          I have spent most time on this forum without a sig file
          I never said otherwise - I never mentioned your sig. I neither know nor care about your sig. I've never even looked at it!

          Warriors will clearly have absolutely no difficulty here, seeing what happened. Meanwhile, over and out from me. :rolleyes:
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186441].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post


            arriors will clearly have absolutely no difficulty here, seeing what happened. Meanwhile, over and out from me. :rolleyes:
            I am fine with that . Any person seeing this thread and wanting an answer on this issue of the Op will see that you have failed to do anything but jump up and down like a little girl yelling liar liar meanwhile directly insinuating that anyone that disagrees with you is motivated in their viewpoint by what they sell which is a lie in itself (and you dare to talk about maligning). They might even see through the fluff and realize its because you can't answer any of the points made against your assertions.

            But true to my word it is not beneath me to apologize although I am pretty certain you will not for the lying insinuations which you most definitely made and are claiming not to be making.

            It was my honest recollection that you sold something in the past. In fact I have received a Pm from someone that has in fact signed up to some list you are associated with and they learnt of it here. Perhaps they too are mistaken. There was no lying but since i don't claim - as you do for all sellers motivation -omnisicence I will admit I may have been incorrect in that memory.

            Will you now address the fallacies you have stated both about sellers who disagree with you and in the points I have made that ARE ON THE TOPIC?

            Surprise me. I've yet to be
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186632].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
              Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

              I am fine with that . Any person seeing this thread and wanting an answer on this issue of the Op will see that you have failed to do anything but jump up and down like a little girl yelling liar liar meanwhile directly insinuating that anyone that disagrees with you is motivated in their viewpoint by what they sell which is a lie in itself (and you dare to talk about maligning). They might even see through the fluff and realize its because you can't answer any of the points made against your assertions.

              But true to my word it is not beneath me to apologize although I am pretty certain you will not for the lying insinuations which you most definitely made and are claiming not to be making.

              It was my honest recollection that you sold something in the past. In fact I have received a Pm from someone that has in fact signed up to some list you are associated with and they learnt of it here. Perhaps they too are mistaken. There was no lying but since i don't claim - as you do for all sellers motivation -omnisicence I will admit I may have been incorrect in that memory.

              Will you now address the fallacies you have stated both about sellers who disagree with you and in the points I have made that ARE ON THE TOPIC?

              Surprise me. I've yet to be
              I don't know either one of you but as a newbie you're writing seemed much less bias and overall well rounded.
              I also think the whole technique of throwing salesmen under the bus to float across her own point was .. well... something you'd expect a salesmen to do. Not only salesmen have ego's, in fact they're usually a lot more deliberate in their actions than just making radical generalizations.

              Everyone wants to get their point across. But when you cross the line of needing to trash a group and then try to tell that group "noone mentioned you" I mean are you for real alexa? You obviously pissed off a salesman. He has every right to respond to that nonsense and sure as hell needs no invitation. I say save that stuff for your blog and not WF.

              Wanna talk about relevance.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369434].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Option 3. BOOZE
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Seth Bias
      Originally Posted by CDarklock View Post

      Option 3. BOOZE

      I pick this option as well.

      But if I had to pick between the other two I go with option 1. SENUKE X has made me lots of money and its fully automated which is great.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eddie Titan
    Option 3

    A combination of marketing tactics shared by Alexa Smith and Mike Anthony on this forum.
    Signature
    New Members Challenge! Join me in 2012. Set an income goal for the New Year and achieve it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alminc
      I would spend $200 each month on publishing fresh, unique and engaging
      content that provides real value to the reader.

      Backlinks, even those coming from relevant sites, are no longer enough.
      In order to rank high, quality backlinks are necessary, but not enough.

      Only sites with ever new and ever growing relevant content will be ranked
      high in the near future. Sites that actually deserve to show up on the 1st
      page of search results. Sites that attract and engage users, in other words,
      top quality sites.

      The old SEO as we know it is dying.
      Signature
      No links :)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186261].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by Eddie Titan View Post

      Option 3

      A combination of marketing tactics shared by Alexa Smith and Mike Anthony on this forum.
      That would be outstanding in my books. I have often told Alexa that in terms of creating content for syndication and whitehat linkbait her strategies work well in SEO but she has always taken the view (At least every time I see her railing againt SEO) that they are exclusive. To be fair to her I think thats based on the great love that people have for spammy link building but there is much more to SEO than that.

      The antiSEo or undereducated in SEo always seem to think that its quality and relevance versus SEO. YOu can have all of the above. They also claim that SEo makes you vunerable to Google but what they leave out of the equation is like any kind of advertising how you get the word out there to people that lets them know you exist leads to ongoing traffic. If your traffic dries up the minute you are not ranking then its your site not the SEO that makes you vunerable.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Well, since a hot French maid in a skimpy outfit isn't on the list, I'd opt for paid traffic. Screw SEO and Google. There are some real bargains to be found in the paid traffic arena that are often far less than paying for SEO or less than the time spent to do it yourself. Oh wait, paid traffic ain't there either. Oh, well... :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186114].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ScottLindsay
      I agree on some of what Mike and Alexa say, however, I have been doing SEO for 13 years and have sites in highly competitive niches in position 1,2, or 3 of Google and have for many years.

      I have used and continue to use aged domains on high PR blogs and it works wonders. The results speak for themselves. Now, that is not all I do, but it is part of my overall link building and SEO strategy.

      Saying this however, I do agree that you should ALWAYS focus on QUALITY and provide a great experience and great information to your users. If you focus on this FIRST, then use option 2 as part of your overall strategy you should be fine.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186226].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brusUA
    Option 2 if those blogs are high-quality and have the same thematic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timb98133
    Neither. I would spend my time & money developing a list of quality leads & producing products they're interested in!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5186671].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicnac03
    Paid ads
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5187288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author positiva
      Originally Posted by nicnac03 View Post

      Paid ads
      i'd go in this direction as well. Adwords with proper targeting
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author isimrikasharma
    In my opinion, option 2 is much much better than the other one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    If I cared about SEO then I would just Google "SEO" and see what comes up at the top of the listings... They probably know what they are talking about.


    I'm just curious, is one of those sites yours, Mike? I looked at the first ten pages of results but didn't see the site you list in your signature. I was also looking at their PR and the PR of a lot of their backlinks... Well, I don't understand all of that SEO stuff so I won't pretend that I do.



    As for the $200 per month, I would spend it on sushi. Well, actually, sashimi for those of you who know the difference. But definitely Japanese food. Not sure how I would survive only eating once a week on such a small budget, but I would figure out a way.
    Signature

    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5369692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by MikeTucker



      I'm just curious, is one of those sites yours, Mike? I looked at the first ten pages of results but didn't see the site you list in your signature. I was also looking at their PR and the PR of a lot of their backlinks...
      actually sorry but this Mike is just too smart for you. See he's been around WF awhile and he knows that just like you tried to do many people on WF try to reverse engineer and look up other people's backlinks for um "curiosity" :rolleyes:.

      No offense to those who don't know better but when you do know better you would have to be a blithering idiot to try and rank your site in a competitive niche and put it in your sig on WF. You just proved why. You would have to use your best link building assets and techniques to rank and then cough, cough er someone would discover and expose those assets with a backlink checker for free.

      I haven't and don't put a single backlink to ANY site in my signature. For what? A relatively weak forum link? To save $5 on a domain? That would be pretty stupid. Create a website for your WF and other forum customers. Rank your other sites safe from the slew of prying eyes of lazy/cheap marketers looking to snag your techniques and/or link resources. So keep looking for my backlinks and where I rank. You won't know where I rank, how I rank or what my network consists of. You could have seen one of my sites and never known it. I'm feeling warm and good right now with my links safe and secure from those prying eyes.

      Mission accomplished

      Well, I don't understand all of that SEO stuff
      Agreed you don't - but while you were checking backlinks of sites ranking for SEO - learned anything? I wonder why so many of those sites you were checking had links with PR to look up? Kinda odd ain't it? Must be a mistake for them to rank wirh PR links in one of the most competitive niches on Google. Guess its a fluke.....

      Since PR doesn't matter
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5370968].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        actually sorry but this Mike is just too smart for you. See he's been around WF awhile and he knows that just like you tried to do many people on WF try to reverse engineer and look up other people's backlinks for um "curiosity" :rolleyes:.

        OK I'm really not sure what you're talking about here. "Too smart for me"? Did you think I was trying to deceive you in some way? I thought my post was pretty straight forward?


        But, I certainly didn't try to "reverse engineer" anything. That just sounds like way too much work, and I am quite lazy. I tinker and play, and I like to learn.

        It's kind of like learning about the Universe, the Pillars of Creation, and stars that are far, far away... It will never be useful to me at all, and I will certainly never try to learn very much about it or do anything with it. But a few times a year my kids and I look through our telescopes to see what we can see... I "bought" them stars from some scam service online that a buddy told me about, and named them after my kids and wife... It would never be useful in any way except for their huge smiles when they read the "certificates".



        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        No offense to those who don't know better but when you do know better you would have to be a blithering idiot to try and rank your site in a competitive niche and put it in your sig on WF. You just proved why. You would have to use your best link building assets and techniques to rank and then cough, cough er someone would discover and expose those assets with a backlink checker for free.

        No offense taken... I really don't know why it matters that someone could check your backlinks-- they probably can anyway if they are competing against you specifically? But rest assured I didn't say anything about anyone being a "blithering idiot" ... Nor any other kind of idiot.

        I did, however, pronounce my own ignorance on the subject, which as you commented is fairly clear?

        Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

        Well, I don't understand all of that SEO stuff so I won't pretend that I do.



        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        I haven't and don't put a single backlink to ANY site in my signature. For what? A relatively weak forum link? To save $5 on a domain? That would be pretty stupid. Create a website for your WF and other forum customers. Rank your other sites safe from the slew of prying eyes of lazy/cheap marketers looking to snag your techniques and/or link resources. So keep looking for my backlinks and where I rank. You won't know where I rank, how I rank or what my network consists of. You could have seen one of my sites and never known it. I'm feeling warm and good right now with my links safe and secure from those prying eyes.

        Mission accomplished

        Umm... When I asked if any of those sites were yours, I thought that made it pretty clear that I knew your site may be listed among them, and you might possibly have more than whatever you list in your signature?

        But OK, I think I understand it a little more with this now... You are paranoid about someone on the Warrior Forum stealing your links or copying your methods or something? That sounds like even more work than SEO already is!? :confused:






        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Agreed you don't - but while you were checking backlinks of sites ranking for SEO - learned anything? I wonder why so many of those sites you were checking had links with PR to look up? Kinda odd ain't it? Must be a mistake for them to rank wirh PR links in one of the most competitive niches on Google. Guess its a fluke.....

        Since PR doesn't matter


        My my, what a sharp tongue you have, Granny. :p

        No, I didn't actually learn anything, but I saw a lot of sites, and their backlinks, with low PR. So I was mildly curious about that-- In the same way that I'm curious about Volcanoes on Mars and other planets in far away galaxies that might be capable of supporting, and even already having, Life.


        Look, I'm sorry if I struck some kind of nerve or offended you in any way, I was really just curious. I think maybe you read more into my post than I actually wrote into it... I thought that the comment about $200/mo not being enough to afford sushi was the most important part of my post.
        Signature

        The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

        ...A tachyon enters a bar.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374100].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jim Guererro
          For my 2 cents on this question is that there really isn't enough information one way or the other to make a realistic decision. Like for instance what is the background of the person that has the $200 to spend? Are they SEO versed? Do they understand the implications of page rank and what needs to be done to create higher rankings?

          But if my back was against the wall and I had to choose I would choose option 2 because it is more financially feasible than option 1. But in saying that, once success has been attained through option 2 I would definitely take the option 1 route where I had some financial backing to further my success.

          Jim
          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374266].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

          OK I'm really not sure what you're talking about here. "Too smart for me"? Did you think I was trying to deceive you in some way? I thought my post was pretty straight forward?
          I thought my response was pretty straightforward too and most people would see it the same as well. You were asking where my site was ranked for SEO then mentioned you didn't see the one in my sig ranked and I answered that I wouldn't rank a site for that and put it in my sig. I did think you would be able to understand that . My apologies.


          I really don't know why it matters that someone could check your backlinks-- they probably can anyway if they are competing against you specifically? But rest assured I didn't say anything about anyone being a "blithering idiot" ... Nor any other kind of idiot.
          Rest assured I never said you did. You admitted to knowing very little about SEO so why would you even bother querying why it would be important not to expose backlinks. By your own admissions its not like you would understand it if I answered it again. Of course competitors would see them but if they are in that section they already know. Why invite the rif raf . If five people know a secret it hardly argues that you should tell hundreds more. Thats a matter of logic not even of SEO so perhaps you might think about it again.

          But OK, I think I understand it a little more with this now... You are paranoid about someone on the Warrior Forum stealing your links or copying your methods or something? That sounds like even more work than SEO already is!? :confused:
          Lock your back door at night? Why you paranoid man you. How is it more work to not put a site in your sig? Are you sure you are even in the right forums? In marketing people often have different landing pages for different customers. Same thing plus the added security of having your links not exposed.

          Point of logic - How could you even determine what paranoia is when you don't understand either the risks or the prevalence of the risks not knowing anything about SEO? Its like looking at an operating room for the first time and claiming its paranoid to have to sterilize the tools the way you see them doing because you have no clue of the ramifications of not sterilizing them.


          No, I didn't actually learn anything
          Redundant at this point. I had figured that out. alas you can't make the horse drink even when he's been led to the very brink of the stream

          but I saw a lot of sites, and their backlinks, with low PR.
          Really? Ranking for SEO? Thats funny every single result on the first page has high PR of 5 or greater except Google's itself. You are an oddity I confess. You indicate you know how to check backlinks and their PR but have no clue as to the PR staring you right in the face.

          So I was mildly curious about that -- In the same way that I'm curious about Volcanoes on Mars and other planets in far away galaxies that might be capable of supporting, and even already having, Life.
          My curiosity goals are more down to earth. I routinely search the internet for signs of intelligent life. Its fruitful because some times I find it but other times? total strikeout.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374317].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
            Mike Anthony said... Blah blah, blahblahblah, blah. And finished with:
            My curiosity goals are more down to earth. I routinely search the internet for signs of intelligent life. Its fruitful because some times I find it but other times? total strikeout.
            You can dress a badger in a tuxedo, Mike, but most of us will still recognize the badger for what it is.

            You've been hanging out with the SEO crowd too long, dude. You've learned to confuse polite words with civil discourse. Go hang out in the Ego Forum. I'm sure they'll have fun with you.


            Paul
            Signature
            .
            Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374530].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

              You've been hanging out with the SEO crowd too long, dude. You've learned to confuse polite words with civil discourse. Go hang out in the Ego Forum. I'm sure they'll have fun with you.


              Paul
              I can get where you are coming from although I doubt you know where I was coming from based on your remarks. I didn't take Mike T seriously when he said he didn't know SEO. Checking backlinks and Pagerank isn't something that people do who don't know any SEO. If you can check backlinks then you know more than enough. So to you you see ego. I was just being as frivolous as he was by talking about intelligent life which he brought up not me. so as far as this thread thats my explanation. If Mike was being serious then thats another matter but the whole planetary thing just seemed so way out thats how I took it. If you are basing it on other discussions where I get slammed pretty hard by people who don't believe in quality or PR thats another matter. You recently misread my talking quality in a thread about low quantity over quality a certain way which was not entirely correct either but I take the point.

              Now I definitely don't have quite as a condescending opinion of the "SEO crowd" as you do though so ego can be on both sides of that issue. Many of the SEO crowd puts food on the plates for many families and i don't think as has been represented often that SEOs are all misleading people on Pagerank, quality backlinking etc and ripping people off is accurate. Besides like it or not a good deal of people at WF do in fact rely on SEO and the "SEO crowd"
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374751].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                Mike,
                I can get where you are coming from although I doubt you know where I was coming from based on your remarks.
                I may not. The fact is, in this case, I don't care where you were coming from. You and a few other people have burned off any "benefit of the doubt" you had with me, with long-running feuds and abusive conversational styles.
                Many of the SEO crowd puts food on the plates for many families
                So do many copywriters. And you can all be replaced with providers who don't come in here and behave badly and waste the moderators' and members' time with petty antics.

                My opinion of copywriters and SEO specialists is not as low as you might think. It's very high, actually, when talking about the ones who've made the effort to be good at their business.

                My opinion of the way some members of both professions treat others in this forum is another matter entirely.


                Paul
                Signature
                .
                Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374811].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
                Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

                Mike Anthony said... Blah blah, blahblahblah, blah. And finished with:You can dress a badger in a tuxedo, Mike, but most of us will still recognize the badger for what it is.

                You've been hanging out with the SEO crowd too long, dude. You've learned to confuse polite words with civil discourse. Go hang out in the Ego Forum. I'm sure they'll have fun with you.


                Paul
                LOL!!! I clicked on the "Ego Forum" thinking it was going to take me to another site!

                (...The funny part is that I wasn't surprised when I saw what it actually is! )




                Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

                I didn't take Mike T seriously when he said he didn't know SEO. Checking backlinks and Pagerank isn't something that people do who don't know any SEO. If you can check backlinks then you know more than enough. ... If Mike was being serious then thats another matter but the whole planetary thing just seemed so way out thats how I took it.
                Allow me to clarify: There are some neat little guides in the War Room that I have read and played around with, and I got a few Firefox plugins they suggested, and there is also some great information in the All-in-One threads... So I know "just enough to be dangerous."


                My questions and comments were just that-- honest (but mild) curiosity about something that I will never actually use. I really feel like you read an insult or a challenge or something into what I wrote, but I certainly never meant it that way.


                I like to think that your comments about "intelligent life" and being "way out" were jokes, along with some of your more harsh sarcasm. But, adding smileys to show that you are joking will help you avoid coming off like a "badger" ... As we have seen from your reaction to my first post, the written word can often be read as something other than it actually is.
                Signature

                The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

                ...A tachyon enters a bar.

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375122].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
                  Mike,
                  LOL!!! I clicked on the "Ego Forum" thinking it was going to take me to another site!
                  Tsk. We don't allow promoting or bashing of other forums here.
                  (...The funny part is that I wasn't surprised when I saw what it actually is!)
                  [chuckle] Not many people who've played around there much would be...


                  Paul
                  Signature
                  .
                  Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375141].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
                  Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

                  LOL!!! I clicked on the "Ego Forum" thinking it was going to take me to another site!

                  (...The funny part is that I wasn't surprised when I saw what it actually is! )
                  I hadn't clicked on it and wasn't going to even bother commenting further in this thread but yeah that was quite funny. I guess there is a group Paul hates even more than SEOs.


                  My questions and comments were just that-- honest (but mild) curiosity about something that I will never actually use. I really feel like you read an insult or a challenge or something into what I wrote, but I certainly never meant it that way.
                  Well then I stand corrected and my apologies for reading you wrong Mike because yes I thought the whole planetary thing over and over again and the post read exactly like that. See almost every time someone brings up that your site in a sig (and its happened before) does not rank for SEo it is because they are taking a dig to say - Hey if you knew what you were talking about then.....and then when you said you saw low pr and was just curious but didn't see the high Pr pages on the first page I was like come on. Further you were questioning things about my SEO decisions and "paranoia" while still claiming not to know about SEO. Just didn't seem genuine at all to me and still doesn't make a lot of sense to me but I accept your word.


                  I like to think that your comments about "intelligent life" and being "way out" were jokes, along with some of your more harsh sarcasm. But, adding smileys to show that you are joking will help you avoid coming off like a "badger" ... As we have seen from your reaction to my first post, the written word can often be read as something other than it actually is.
                  Well look the whole badger thing is based on thinking it was an ego post rather than a response to what I thought was a dig which also seemed to me to be sarcastic so I am not buying it as a label for myself and no the intelligent life was not meant to target any one individual and not even individuals anyway since its merely thoughts that are conveyed online not people.

                  Paul has pretty much admitted what he had to say is not based on this thread and could care less whether he was right or wrong about his opinion in regard to my post in this thread so I'll leave it there.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    I wouldn't choose any option.

    Go out and buy a smoothie, and then once you are refreshed come home and work like a nut, day and night until you have converting copy and traffic, and then if you find something that works, just use your $200 to get somone to do what you just did to make sales. Pretty simple. BUt if you are smart enough you will not have to spend $200 initially. Just make sure you can make money with $0 first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374431].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Kelly
    I'd use it on high pr blog network and the rest on lottery tickets
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    I do agree with one thing, I stopped looking at pr status a year ago. I had a pr7 site earning 200 a month, I had a friend with several pr 0 sites earning thousands. I don't know how google does it, but it does not add up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    Mike,
    Paul has pretty much admitted what he had to say is not based on this thread and could care less whether he was right or wrong about his opinion in regard to my post in this thread so I'll leave it there.
    "Admitted?"

    Dude, that's hysterical. A lame attempt to spin it as though I had done something bad that required a confession.

    I warned you that my patience with you and the other Hatfield/McCoy types was done. I've had to get into too many of those games this week, and I haven't the desire to waste my time reminding intelligent people of the same things over and over again.

    And I am not going to allow it to expand outside the sub-forums.

    You are a long way from the only one who deserves this warning. You are also not the only one who's getting it.

    Do with it what you will.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375450].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Osman_M
    Option 1 but with unique content. X is very powerful if used the right way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trnz
    "Also, the real holy grail of link building is relevant links from authority sites anchors in text. I.E. let's say you're in education a few links in articles from a major university on an aged page with a lot of natural links to it......."
    This sounds great to me. Can anybody share how to go about doing it? :-)
    Signature

    Make the world a better place! Spread some Love, Peace and Happiness! Join The Happy People!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5432006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eskimoto
    would spend it on some products for my gf's beauthy theraphy business
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5432015].message }}

Trending Topics