Billion Dollar Business Idea: A stock market to trade website

27 replies
IDEA:

Setup a trading system to trade shares of websites. It provides a financial platform for small and media website owners. Qualified website will be listed just like that in stock market.

Annual report and quality report will be required for each website. All the earning data will be audited.

Setup some regulator body to monitor and overlook the activities.

Investors can buy certain percent of your website. They can hold it for dividend or sell it when the price goes up.

It required many people or companies to work together. It will probably create new internet order.

How is it?

Where the site will go if 1000 people own it? How the site will looks like if it get love and attention from 1000 people?
#market #share #stock #trade #website
  • Profile picture of the author Congrats
    Yes would be cool something like this.

    But would it be legal to setup something like this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5106156].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Congrats View Post

      Yes would be cool something like this.

      But would it be legal to setup something like this?
      I have also considered something of this nature..

      Not sure if its legal though
      Signature




      Have a Wonderful Day!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5106611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wuleinj
    It just provides website owners a platform to sell part of their websites. As long as they are honest and well regulated. Do not see any reason to be illegal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116805].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author flamewave
      Originally Posted by wuleinj View Post

      As long as they are honest and well regulated.
      Just like the real stock market is honest and well regulated

      However the idea is neat
      Signature

      Messenger Chatbot Marketing Systems - https://m.me/jaygriggschatbotbuilder

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116837].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author beks001
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116856].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Newbieee
          Originally Posted by beks001 View Post

          There is a reason public companies spend hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in audits. This doesn't seem feasible to me like this. If that were the case then why not go public? It's too costly of an idea IMO. But that's just me. Deception is too easy here.
          agreed.. somehow i feel this is not doable.
          Signature
          Pain is a perception, so is defeat & happiness!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5117195].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wuleinj
          Originally Posted by beks001 View Post

          There is a reason public companies spend hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in audits. This doesn't seem feasible to me like this. If that were the case then why not go public? It's too costly of an idea IMO. But that's just me. Deception is too easy here.
          Cost of audit can be certain percent of profit the site is making. Shareholders of the site will pay for it(which mean the dividend is a little bit lower.)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5126609].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
          Originally Posted by beks001 View Post

          Deception is too easy here.
          You mean there would be deception going on in a place where people trade ownership stakes in websites? Why does that sound so familiar?

          Oh ya, it was called 1999.
          Signature

          Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5126630].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wuleinj
          Originally Posted by beks001 View Post

          There is a reason public companies spend hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in audits. This doesn't seem feasible to me like this. If that were the case then why not go public? It's too costly of an idea IMO. But that's just me. Deception is too easy here.
          This is also the problem of the stock market. Trust and honest is needed. Company with good reputation will enjoy higher share price.

          Website is different from other business. We can have a trustee company to hold the domain name for those public websites.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5126716].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
    I already thought of this about 4 years ago. The legalities involved in this are HUGE - it is a HUGE risk - and you are talking about HUGE startup costs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5117230].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jivens
    Banned
    occupy flippa. Just kidding, it sounds like a great idea but i would get a good lawyer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5117237].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Muncher
      Expensive audits and accounting procedures would make this idea fail. What is the barrier to entry? Easier to just get a personal loan and if you do well you will make more out of it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5117468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onegoodman
    away from finance and legal part, i bet it is great idea, but you can't start with small budget otherwise this idea will die soon.

    You need a hell of a budget and team (yes form a cooperation to work it out)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5117602].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wuleinj
      Originally Posted by onegoodman View Post

      away from finance and legal part, i bet it is great idea, but you can't start with small budget otherwise this idea will die soon.

      You need a hell of a budget and team (yes form a cooperation to work it out)
      One company can not handle this. We need at least following company or group.

      Auditing companies.

      Self regulation body like "internet share ..."

      Share registration body to handle shares owners of different site

      Trading platform just like bitcoin did.

      ...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5126669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt B
    Originally Posted by wuleinj View Post

    IDEA:

    Setup a trading system to trade shares of websites.
    Let's call it NASDAQ :confused:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5126775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Chicas
    I would just keep things simple - build a business with a strong front website portal - make it an LLC and sell it. Sell it to a competitor and not through scamy websites that charge a lot of money just to provide a simple platform where you have to do all the work. Not mentioning any names. =D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5127059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BloggingPro
    What's next? Is someone going to propose that we invest in websites that don't turn a profit, with the hope that they will someday?

    The year 2000 wants its idea back. lol
    Signature
    You're going to fail. If you're afraid of failure then you do not belong in the Internet Marketing Business. Period.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5127133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wuleinj
      Originally Posted by BloggingPro View Post

      What's next? Is someone going to propose that we invest in websites that don't turn a profit, with the hope that they will someday?

      The year 2000 wants its idea back. lol
      Let's say you pay 5 bucks to buy 100 shares of abcdefg.com. There are 1000 people doing the same thing. So 1000 people own that site.

      Now the profit:
      If it is Amazon or ebay affiliate site, 1000 site owners are likely use this site to buy stuff instead of going ebay and amazon directly. So here, the site make money.

      As there are traffic there, site can sell ads space for extra profit.

      At the end of the year, revenue minus the expense will be the dividend for 1000 site owners.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5143167].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BloggingPro
        Originally Posted by wuleinj View Post

        Let's say you pay 5 bucks to buy 100 shares of abcdefg.com. There are 1000 people doing the same thing. So 1000 people own that site.

        Now the profit:
        If it is Amazon or ebay affiliate site, 1000 site owners are likely use this site to buy stuff instead of going ebay and amazon directly. So here, the site make money.

        As there are traffic there, site can sell ads space for extra profit.

        At the end of the year, revenue minus the expense will be the dividend for 1000 site owners.
        Again. The year 2000 wants its idea back. It didn't work back then and it wouldn't work now. The dot-com bubble set the internet "industry" nearly farther back than it had been before it gained steam.

        It's one thing to talk "theory," but its another thing entirely to talk about "theory" that has already been attempted and failed before.
        Signature
        You're going to fail. If you're afraid of failure then you do not belong in the Internet Marketing Business. Period.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5146875].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Canuckystan
          Look, I don't want to be harsh here but please get real. It is clear you have literally no experience with public companies.

          Shares in websites? To issue shares you need a company. And a governance system. And shareholder agreements. And constant filings with regulatory authorities. And regular disclosures. And on and on and on. The costs are enormous. And the costs are enormous ongoing.

          People who want to play with 2 bit operations go to the OTC pink sheets. And that is known as a shark pit. And still not even close to cheap to list.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5148524].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Fraser SellHealth
            i agree, great idea on paper but alot of money would have to be spent to get it off the ground
            legal problems would arise
            Signature

            Fraser Mackie
            Affiliate Manager
            Sellhealth.com

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5148568].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author wuleinj
            Originally Posted by Canuckystan View Post

            Look, I don't want to be harsh here but please get real. It is clear you have literally no experience with public companies.

            Shares in websites? To issue shares you need a company. And a governance system. And shareholder agreements. And constant filings with regulatory authorities. And regular disclosures. And on and on and on. The costs are enormous. And the costs are enormous ongoing.

            People who want to play with 2 bit operations go to the OTC pink sheets. And that is known as a shark pit. And still not even close to cheap to list.
            It is not necessary to put this idea on the rail of current stock market. Just believe that there are a lot smart people on internet and here in Warrior Forum to do something related to this idea.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5149333].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Verisimilitude
    I see that at least two people in this thread still remember the infamous dotcom crash
    Signature

    What I have to say most of the time is probably not what you want to hear. Then again, I'm not trying to make a buck off of you either.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5127347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrozlat
    sounds like a good idea on paper
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5143189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    Despite what others said: it's a dumb idea!

    If anybody has a minimal experience with how the financial world and its regulations work, you'd know it's not worth even the time spent on reading the thread...

    Sorry, but I cannot put it in milder terms
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5148633].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Newbieee
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Despite what others said: it's a dumb idea!

      If anybody has a minimal experience with how the financial world and its regulations work, you'd know it's not worth even the time spent on reading the thread...

      Sorry, but I cannot put it in milder terms
      wow, now now.. be nice there.. hahaha

      nobody likes their ideas being told off as dumb.

      but it is impractical.

      and what u say is true. the legal aspect of it is a nightmare.
      Signature
      Pain is a perception, so is defeat & happiness!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5148722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Samrath Gupta
    1- First of all the Idea is totally brilliant and this is so called something unique

    2- Second it will require a lot of money(SERIOUSLY) You will have to invest atleast $50K or more to setup everything and for its promotion

    3- Third why the websites will trust and join you in this, I mean why they will sell their shares and all...

    4- You will need more then 10 Lawyers to manage legal parts

    5- You will need 20-30 CA's to manage tahe records and $$$$$$ stuffs....

    So is is doable if you are ready to phase these things

    Regards
    ~Sam~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5148708].message }}

Trending Topics