CD Audio to text transcription.

17 replies
Hi,

I wonder if anyone here can help me? I am looking for the best and most economical way to have a number of audio CD's transcribed to editable text. Your help and guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ronnie.
#audio #text #transcription
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    If you are looking for what I think you are, there are some good companies that offer that on Amazon Mechanical Turk. Just be sure to contact them as a buyer, not a worker. The companies usually perform quality checks on their workers too to make sure not just anyone is transcribing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116232].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SolarSpain
      Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

      If you are looking for what I think you are, there are some good companies that offer that on Amazon Mechanical Turk. Just be sure to contact them as a buyer, not a worker. The companies usually perform quality checks on their workers too to make sure not just anyone is transcribing.

      Thank you for your help, i'll look into it.

      Ronnie.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5320084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Baker
    You can always check the Warriors For Hire section or start your own thread in the Wanted - Warriors Looking To Hire You section.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116257].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SolarSpain
      Originally Posted by Mike Baker View Post

      You can always check the Warriors For Hire section or start your own thread in the Wanted - Warriors Looking To Hire You section.
      Thank you for your help, i'll look into it.

      Ronnie.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5320090].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webapex
    I have seen the transcription jobs there on mturk.com

    Probably more expensive but you might be able to get the Dragon Natural Speaking software to do it, more typically ebook authors use it instead of typing.
    Signature

    “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” Niels Bohr

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roseemily
    You can try transcriptionsservice.com to transcribe audio to text. This company has well in quality and offer low cost also. I tried this company.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5319669].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SolarSpain
      Originally Posted by roseemily View Post

      You can try transcriptionsservice.com to transcribe audio to text. This company has well in quality and offer low cost also. I tried this company.

      Thank you for your help, i'll look into it.

      Ronnie.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5320116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tauhidbd1993
    Do you need freelancer or, Software. There are some software, It can write from Audio sound. but I suggest you to use freelancer to transcribe the audio CD's sound to text. If you tell them to type manually in MS WORD, they will do at a cheap rate. I think it is better for you for more reliable result.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizacquire
    I think you can hire from Fiverr.
    Or open project at freelancer is good option too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9672738].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author allyssaallyson
      Originally Posted by bizacquire View Post

      I think you can hire from Fiverr.
      Or open project at freelancer is good option too
      Beside the Fiverr, there are many freelancing market place. You can hire any freelancer from there. There are many expert freelancer there. Here I would like to suggest you, you should see the freelancer's previous work report/ feedback before hiring any one. Thanks.
      Signature

      Morning

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9673282].message }}
      • Dragon is the best one for transcribing an Audio files into text. If you need accurate & quality result, then hire any professional transcriptionists. Here I suggest you one of the foremost transcription company HitechTranscriptionServices.com. They may help you with your requirement.
        Signature

        Hi-Tech Transcription Services

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9694988].message }}

Trending Topics