I thought i'd write this post to give something back to the forum. I'm still learning and still growing but have taken my sales from $7,000 in 2010 to just under $40k this year. My aim is for at least $250k next year so fingers crossed.
Okay so here goes - this is what I've done and my advice. Feel free to offer your own tips if you're at a higher level, I'd love to take something from this as well as inspire newbies.
1. I had about three or four sites I had running, so, I quit the ones that weren't making me money and concentrated on my money maker, The Lunch Box Diet.
2. Quit my daytime PT job once and for all, 100% time spent on IM.
3. Added upsells. I've now added another upsell and exit redirects.
4. Switched to optimize press - it's the bollox.
5. Implemented $1 trial (just ask clickbank) and sent that out to my list. It converted, so I then added it into my autoresponder. If you do a promo that works, slip it into your auto, simplez.
6. Got over the mental block that i couldn't promote other products to my lead list. Get over it, just promote stuff you believe in and that will help your customers or leads.
7. Seperated leads from buyers in aweber
8. Took all offline media coverage and put it on the site.
9. Added facebook fan page box to site.
10. Started split testing - outsource on elance if you can't do it.
11. Got goal tracking setup properly, so now i can see which are my buyer keywords.
12. Gave more value to my list - give cotent, then pitch at the end, so for example, if i have a recipe pack to sell. Give 3 recipes from it, then an offer at the end.
13. Comitted to blogging at least 2 x times per week.
14. Listen to Tim Ferris.
15. Cut back on courses, apart from ones i know I will complete full and implement straight away - if you do a course, it's important to literally, get the tip, and then bang it out on your site, right there and then.
16. Used survey monkey and added in customer survey to my list to find out why they didn't buy, offering coaching call as prize, then using those calls to 'listen' and then write down 'power words' that they feed back to me, so they might talk about a 'signature comfort food'. I'd use that in my copy.
17. Screen shooting praise on facebook and putting it on my sales page.
18. Search for 'internet marketing button creator'. Use that for the belcher button - great tool.
19. Surveyed my list and found out why they didn't stay on my diet. Found out the problem, then created a new product to fill that void of the problem of motivated - which is why www.weightlossmindpowerforlife.com has been just born -a new higher priced product. Kern teaches it's just as hard to sell an ebook as it is an audio or video course priced much higher. So true.
20. Took ebook and made into a audio system to increase pecieved value and so i can increase my price point. Will be doing video next.
22. Stopped making changes so much just after i made them and then putitng them back becuase i didn't see sales - ie, wait for the split test to give you the results.
23. Repackage differently - here's something good i picked up from alan sugar's book - somoen'es selling a load of women's product at a market, they're all nicely lined up but nobody buys them... Then the same market, but they're all piled up on each other and people flock to them becuase they think there's a bargain. If your sales page isn't converting... change the offer or the headline first. Don't split test too many variations if you have little traffic.
24. Learned from Brendan Buchard the model about, give value, give value, give value, then sell - buy his stuff, it rocks. If you're not an implemented, don't buy any ****, none of it will work.
25. Used more vidoeo - put my face to the brand more.
26. Just did the FB Influence Course for my facebook page, is probably one of the best I've done, but I put into action everything within 48 hours pretty much. Follow what i get upto and 'model it'. Started studying insights which completely rocks and gives you awesome demographics.
28. ****, I'm still going... right, erm... Don't worry that you have no mates (a girlfriend, or boyfriend), worry about that when you're rich. Other than that check out the 'Entreprenur Shrink' peter shallard and read his free ebook when you feel like a freak, it works.
29. Got off my ass and flew from the UK to network.
30. Went to bed, you need to do it to refrsh you know ;-)
One day I want to do a course spefically on how i did everything from scratch including getting a book deal and all the media coverage, all the way to $1 million. I won't release anything until I get there though!