QUIZ...What Do The World's 3 Most Valuable Brands Have In Common?

by Lance K 52 replies
This morning I received an email with the following tidbit in it...

________________________________________

The three most valuable brand names on earth:
Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
________________________________________


Now, who can tell me what those 3 brands have in common and why it's important?



The first person to answer correctly (<--the answer I'm looking for) gets a prize.



I'll buy you any WSO of your choosing up to $30.




#main internet marketing discussion forum #brands #common #quizwhat #valuable #world
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    They are not things you need. In fact, they aren't really good for you at all. Proves why marketing is important.

    ~Michael

    p.s. And, last I checked, each is based in the USA.
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marian Berghes
      all three are not healthy products.
      o btw: the original owner of marlboro died of lung cancer...pretty weird
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42048].message }}
      • Easy. They're selling a self-image, not a product. And each is the best at it in their category.

        Their advertising effectively conveys the message, "consume this product and you'll be (fill-in-the-blank).

        In the case of Marlboro, smoke Marlboro and you ARE the Marlboro Man. Budweiser - you're the life-of-the-party that chicks dig. And "Coke is IT", it represents the "the good life, the best life has to offer", which is why it's also so popular around the world, particularly in countries that claim to hate the US - people their may hate the US, but they certainly would like to have what they perceive as the "abundant, easy, and comfortable" lifestyle associated with Americans.

        Mark
        Signature
        = = = = COMPLETE, CUSTOM ADSENSE SITE = = = =
        VERY Limited WSO. 100% Guaranteed.

        MY Expertise, YOUR Profit.
        Read the thread.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42093].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ExRat
          Hi,

          Well, judging by the answers that are not relating to how addictive and unhealthy they are, I'm wondering how valid the 'lesson' will be because it's impossible to draw any conclusions that can be easily applied to other types of products.

          Why?

          Because what all of the 'marketing lessons' will miss out on is stuff like this -

          Even though cigarettes have warnings all over the packets and adverts that list tons of nasty sounding chemicals, and even though they make you stink, discolour any part of your body they come into contact with....etc etc

          ...people like myself still pay a premium to enjoy all the 'benefits' of smoking cigarettes.

          So regardless of whether they are selling the 'image' or anything else, personally (as a nicotine addict) I see all that as simply a smokescreen. (Pun intended)

          They are not successful (in the main) because of their marketing.

          They are successful (in the main) because of the addictive nature of what they sell.

          And once they had made the type of money that they do (which, for example, enables them to 'buy' governments) then it's not too difficult to sew up the market between a small group of companies and destroy anyone who tries to muscle in.
          Signature


          Roger Davis

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42126].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author CWreports
            They each branded their product by having coined a word or phrase that they now own..

            Coco Cola....the real thing
            Budwieser...the king of beer
            Malboro...Malboro Man...Malboro Country

            Carol
            Signature
            “I must create a system or be enslaved by another man’s.” W.Blake
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42143].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jhongren
            They have spent and are still spending insane amount on advertising just to maintain their brand exposure.

            John
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42149].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JasonKing
            Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

            Hi,

            Well, judging by the answers that are not relating to how addictive and unhealthy they are, I'm wondering how valid the 'lesson' will be because it's impossible to draw any conclusions that can be easily applied to other types of products.

            Why?

            Because what all of the 'marketing lessons' will miss out on is stuff like this -

            Even though cigarettes have warnings all over the packets and adverts that list tons of nasty sounding chemicals, and even though they make you stink, discolour any part of your body they come into contact with....etc etc

            ...people like myself still pay a premium to enjoy all the 'benefits' of smoking cigarettes.

            So regardless of whether they are selling the 'image' or anything else, personally (as a nicotine addict) I see all that as simply a smokescreen. (Pun intended)

            They are not successful (in the main) because of their marketing.

            They are successful (in the main) because of the addictive nature of what they sell.

            And once they had made the type of money that they do (which, for example, enables them to 'buy' governments) then it's not too difficult to sew up the market between a small group of companies and destroy anyone who tries to muscle in.
            I hear ya.

            As an aside,did you know that one of those Wall St types started a VICE fund for the recession? Invests in gambling, tobacco, alcohol companies..

            Anyhoo.. carry on.. I almost hope we don't hear the answer because there are some real gem responses here.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42165].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chipt
    Because they each are the King of the Hill in their categories... their logos and products are instantly indentifiable, they have the #1 top-of-mind awareness in their class, their jingles are instantly recognizable, and their brand integrity, brand loyalty, and brand consistency are at the top of their brand category and market segment.

    Chip Tarver
    Signature

    Improve your online success permanently right now. Joint Venture Masters tell you the real insider info. Save $450 right now by checking out my *limited time* FCS WSO and change your JV success in a radical way permanently at http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/to...OPIC_ID=264511... and for less than $20 you can really save up to half your gasoline costs at www.CutYourGasCostsNow.com.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42034].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi,

      They're made (two of them definitely, one of them allegedly - and the name gives a little hint) from the three most highly addictive and destructive narcotics used by the general populace.

      Why is it important?

      Obviously we're thinking different things here. But to me, the most important thing to note is that two of them are also amongst the highest (percentage of total retail price) taxed items you can buy in the UK.

      Hi Chip,

      Hate to disagree with you but -

      and their brand integrity, brand loyalty, and brand consistency are at the top of their brand category and market segment.
      ...I think their brand integrity is rock-bottom - it's only top with their addicted customers.

      As for brand loyalty, I think the nature of the product is bound to lead to this.
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42042].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Carlsbadd
      Because they never over estimated thier value, they constantly advertise to keep thier products in front of the customer. Every kind of advertising and sponsorhip they have tried at one point.
      They never stop tweaking thier ads and products
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42043].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
      Not Any More.

      snopes.com: Most Valuable Brand Names

      They are all addictive substances.

      (Tobacco, Caffeine, Alcohol)
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42049].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lance K
        Originally Posted by BlueSquares View Post

        Not Any More.

        snopes.com: Most Valuable Brand Names

        They are all addictive substances.

        (Tobacco, Caffeine, Alcohol)

        OK, maybe they aren't the top 3 valued anymore. I had a feeling that may be the case. But the fact remains that they are 3 giant brands. And they all have something in common.
        Signature
        "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
        ~ Zig Ziglar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42060].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lance K
          Some very good guesses.


          But nobody has come close yet.


          Keep guessing.
          Signature
          "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
          ~ Zig Ziglar
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42065].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JasonKing
            None of the three were first to market.

            All of the three entered the marketplace selling commodities that were already available in the marketplace (cigarettes, cola, beer). In fact, one might argue their products could even be inferior (e.g. Pepsi outrating Coca-Cola in blind test tastes).

            Instead, they all achieved dominance via effective marketing and branding.

            LESSON: Invention is the kiss of death. Sell what's already selling. Market what's already marketing. Just do it better.

            -JasonKing
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
    All three..

    Are instantly recognisable
    Contain the colour red
    Are bad for you



    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42064].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author debra
    Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

    This morning I received an email with the following tidbit in it...

    ________________________________________

    The three most valuable brand names on earth:
    Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
    ________________________________________


    Now, who can tell me what those 3 brands have in common and why it's important?



    The first person to answer correctly gets a prize.



    I'll buy you any WSO of your choosing up to $30.




    All 3 feed an addiction.

    Marlboro - nicotine
    Coca Cola - caffiene
    Budweiser - alcahol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Floyd Fisher
    They are things people consume over and over.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
      Originally Posted by Floyd Fisher View Post

      They are things people consume over and over.
      Floyd, that must be right. That means people keep spending their money on this stuff, over and over. Great answer.

      ~Michael
      Signature

      "Ich bin en fuego!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42179].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Originally Posted by Floyd Fisher View Post

      They are things people consume over and over.

      WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

      Nice Job, Floyd. Let me know which WSO you want and I'll get in touch with the vendor about buying it for you.




      LESSON:

      Even more important than the brand is the fact that these are consumable products. Branding is great, but having a consumable product that people use (and therefore pay for) over and over is the greatest business model in the world.

      Even the generic consumables have built in continuous sales. Building brand awareness and becoming a category leader is just the icing on the cake.


      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42196].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JasonKing
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42301].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
          Okay,

          Nick, Jason and Jhongren are the 3 winners.

          Remember any wso of your choosing will work.

          Lance, hope I was able to contribute even more value to your thread which I would have ventured a guess had the winners not already got it. Nice share.

          Just pm the links to the wso after your purchase.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42333].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lance K
            Originally Posted by DougBarger View Post


            Hope I was able to contribute even more value to your thread.

            Yeah, something like that. :rolleyes:
            Signature
            "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
            ~ Zig Ziglar
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42339].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ExRat
          Hi Lance,

          Some are more natural than others (i.e. toilet paper, shampoo, cigarettes, cola, etc.). But if you can figure out how to package your product/service so that it can be consumed on a regular basis, profits will increase dramatically. Then you build your brand through positioning and delivering outstanding value.

          Does that make more sense?
          What you said makes sense, and I think yours is a point (the consumable factor) worthy of discussion but I think that the differences between the physical product business (Coke, Marlboro, Bud) and my example (adwords) are so great that you cannot link them together purely by saying that adwords customers 'consume' the product.

          Therefore Coca Cola would not be even close to the greatest business model in the world in my opinion - but bear in mind, many of us are info/software/internet service marketers - so we are bound to focus on the downside of an offline physical product business because we enjoy the lack of logistical nightmares that those other businesses deal with daily.

          And I do think my first point above is worth bearing in mind (when considering the marketing techniques of very successful companies, try and avoid forming 'marketing rules' from the ones where their success is mainly derived from the product containing highly addictive narcotics). Interesting that everyone had Coke down as containing caffeine but I guess I'm the only one who thinks it contains 'Coke'?

          All said in the spirit of healthy debate and learning...
          Signature


          Roger Davis

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42342].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jose Delgado
            They'll all kill you overtime.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42350].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lance K
            Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

            Hi Lance,

            What you said makes sense, and I think yours is a point (the consumable factor) worthy of discussion but I think that the differences between the physical product business (Coke, Marlboro, Bud) and my example (adwords) are so great that you cannot link them together purely by saying that adwords customers 'consume' the product.

            Therefore Coca Cola would not be even close to the greatest business model in the world in my opinion - but bear in mind, many of us are info/software/internet service marketers - so we are bound to focus on the downside of an offline physical product business because we enjoy the lack of logistical nightmares that those other businesses deal with daily.

            And I do think my first point above is worth bearing in mind (when considering the marketing techniques of very successful companies, try and avoid forming 'marketing rules' from the ones where their success is mainly derived from the product containing highly addictive narcotics). Interesting that everyone had Coke down as containing caffeine but I guess I'm the only one who thinks it contains 'Coke'?

            All said in the spirit of healthy debate and learning...
            DAMNIT ROGER, you're making me think!

            I see what you're saying and I agree.

            I hereby change my definition of "consumable product" to mean and product that is bought and used repeatedly. As a whole, it's the best business model in the world, and at the top of the heap are th digital/cyber products & services you refer to.

            If you need an example of one that doesn't contain highly addictive narcotics or other health related side effects, consider dye free, fragrance free, dingle berry free toilet tissue.
            Signature
            "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
            ~ Zig Ziglar
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42389].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Christie Love
              It's really quite simple. They have the best marketing campaign in the world. They value a serious solution to help many people with a need or problem they may have.
              Signature
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42396].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author ExRat
                Hi Chip,

                Well if we're talking about the most amazing businesses I'd have to say that churches impress me. The wedding and funeral business have so many things going for them and they're high ticket items.
                Signature


                Roger Davis

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42418].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author imb
                  Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

                  Hi Chip,

                  Well if we're talking about the most amazing businesses I'd have to say that churches impress me. The wedding and funeral business have so many things going for them and they're high ticket items.
                  Religion, one of the best businesses IMHO.
                  Signature

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42451].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Chipt
                  Hey, Ex -

                  Close by me in Gatlinburg, there are hundreds of wedding chapels and services all over the place. Next to Vegas we surely are a close 2nd I'd guess.

                  And funerals woulld IMO be the most perfect business model because 100% of us will die so we are forced and captive potential customers.

                  Not everyone will smoke Marlboros and drink Bud, and there are tons of competitiors for both. Virtually 100% of us will need a funeral, with few exceptions...

                  Great point -

                  Chip
                  Signature

                  Improve your online success permanently right now. Joint Venture Masters tell you the real insider info. Save $450 right now by checking out my *limited time* FCS WSO and change your JV success in a radical way permanently at http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/to...OPIC_ID=264511... and for less than $20 you can really save up to half your gasoline costs at www.CutYourGasCostsNow.com.

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42468].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author David Reed
                    Originally Posted by Chipt View Post

                    Hey, Ex -

                    Not everyone will smoke Marlboros and drink Bud, and there are tons of competitiors for both. Virtually 100% of us will need a funeral, with few exceptions...

                    Great point -

                    Chip
                    There is a way around this of course: Donate your body to science, there being a great shortage of cadavers for medical research.

                    Trying to build a business around that would of course land you in deep do-do!

                    David
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42556].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Josh Anderson
                      Each product causes irreversible damage to your body if used habitually.

                      Each contains an addictive substance designed to build dependency.
                      Signature
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42747].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Originally Posted by Floyd Fisher View Post

      They are things people consume over and over.

      Thanks for participating everyone. Floyd is the winner.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[44423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick Brighton
    I was going to add...
    • They all have the potential to kill you.
    • They all have addictive qualities.
    • They all are able to appeal to people's vanity and social status.

    But hey ho,

    P.S

    The "winning answer" that they are all something people consume over and over could expand your question to several million brands...

    Kleanex,
    Durex,
    Pampers,
    Andrex,
    Evian,
    Nescafe,
    Cadbury's Chocolate...(sighs with too many examples to give)
    Signature
    BEST SELLING DONE-FOR-YOU CONTENT AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42214].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Originally Posted by Nick Brighton View Post


      P.S

      The "winning answer" that they are all something people consume over and over could expand your question to several million brands...

      Kleanex,
      Durex,
      Pampers,
      Andrex,
      Evian,
      Nescafe,
      Cadbury's Chocolate...(sighs with too many examples to give)
      Nick, you're absolutely right about these other products. But you're missing the point. It's not really about the brands. See my explanation in the reply where I name the winner. I probably edited it to add the explanation after you saw it. My apologies. Hopefully it explains things a little better.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42230].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nick Brighton
        Originally Posted by Lance K View Post

        Nick, you're absolutely right about these other products. But you're missing the point. It's not really about the brands. See my explanation in the reply where I name the winner. I probably edited it to add the explanation after you saw it. My apologies. Hopefully it explains things a little better.
        If it's not about the brands, how is the winning answer "They are things people consume over and over." exclusive to these 3 examples?

        You asked what they have in common and why it's important. The winner said "They are things people consume over and over.". That tells me nothing about why that's important, other than using my own common sense.

        That is exactly what

        Kleanex,
        Durex,
        Pampers,
        Andrex,
        Evian,
        Nescafe,
        Cadbury's Chocolate

        all have in common too. I suppose my point is, I don't see the point or lesson in this? There are many aspects these brands have in common, and I can't get my head round why you claim the only answer to be "They are things people consume over and over."

        Either way, I'm just being argumentative so please don't take this as me picking on you. I just like to question 99.9% of what I read, hear, learn and experience... not just on this forum...but everywhere in life.
        Signature
        BEST SELLING DONE-FOR-YOU CONTENT AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42279].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lance K
          Originally Posted by Nick Brighton View Post

          If it's not about the brands, how is the winning answer "They are things people consume over and over." exclusive to these 3 examples?


          Could you please show me where anyone said it was exclusive to these 3 brands?

          The point was simply that 3 of the most dominant brands on the planet are built around products that are consumable.



          Originally Posted by Nick Brighton View Post

          I suppose my point is, I don't see the point or lesson in this? There are many aspects these brands have in common, and I can't get my head round why you claim the only answer to be "They are things people consume over and over."


          It's not about the brands. It's about the type of product some of the most recognizable brands in the world are built around.

          I didn't say it is the only answer. Just the one I'm looking for. Since this is a marketing forum, I thought this was an interesting observation about these companies.

          And the reason the correct answer is what it is...it's my quiz!




          Originally Posted by Nick Brighton View Post

          Either way, I'm just being argumentative so please don't take this as me picking on you. I just like to question 99.9% of what I read, hear, learn and experience... not just on this forum...but everywhere in life.



          No worries. I love free thinking individuals. Thanks for the input.
          Signature
          "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
          ~ Zig Ziglar
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42328].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi Lance,

      I sincerely hope this doesn't look like i'm arguing with you, but I have two points -

      1. the winner was meant to tell you what's important about it

      2.
      having a consumable product that people use (and therefore pay for) over and over is the greatest business model in the world.
      I would suggest that an even better business model is having a non-consumable product that people use (and pay for) over and over - particularly if there is no limit to how much of the product they can use (you can only drink so much Coke in a day).

      Example - google adwords.

      No stock or no inventory, internet business therefore a worldwide prospect base, no sell by dates and loss of stock, less paperwork and beaurocracy, has a 'closed algo' based system (therefore if profits ever need a boost...), no litter from the product, customer can automate the system and leave it running 24/7, no manufacturing plant or polution tax, barely any transit costs, barely any storage costs (in comparison to physical premises), no logistical problems matching manufacturing/storage to cope with seasonal changes in demand....etc etc

      Doe this make sense?
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42239].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Bruno
        All the products make the consumer feel good.

        Frank Bruno
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42264].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DougBarger
        Google, Yahoo and Microsoft

        Can anyone tell me what those 3 have in common?

        The first 3 to get it right get to buy me a wso of their choosing.

        Doug
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42280].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nick Brighton
          Originally Posted by DougBarger View Post

          Google, Yahoo and Microsoft

          Can anyone tell me what those 3 have in common?

          The first 3 to get it right get to buy me a wso of their choosing.
          Umm, they all need to get out more? Lol. Na, it's got to be something to do with their company policies...yep, I'm sure of it. It's their company policies isn't it?

          No wait, is it because they all have funny names? Or is it because they are all rich? Damn, you need to make your clues more obvious.
          Signature
          BEST SELLING DONE-FOR-YOU CONTENT AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42290].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JasonKing
          Originally Posted by DougBarger View Post

          Google, Yahoo and Microsoft

          Can anyone tell me what those 3 have in common?

          The first 3 to get it right get to buy me a wso of their choosing.

          Doug
          Chuck Norris is the controlling shareholder in each of the three cases.

          I win. Clearly.

          -JasonKing
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42292].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jhongren
          Originally Posted by DougBarger View Post

          Google, Yahoo and Microsoft

          Can anyone tell me what those 3 have in common?

          The first 3 to get it right get to buy me a wso of their choosing.

          Doug
          The " o " LOL
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42299].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lance K
        Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

        Hi Lance,

        I sincerely hope this doesn't look like i'm arguing with you, but I have two points -

        1. the winner was meant to tell you what's important about it

        2. I would suggest that an even better business model is having a non-consumable product that people use (and pay for) over and over - particularly if there is no limit to how much of the product they can use (you can only drink so much Coke in a day).

        Example - google adwords.

        No stock or no inventory, internet business therefore a worldwide prospect base, no sell by dates and loss of stock, less paperwork and beaurocracy, has a 'closed algo' based system (therefore if profits ever need a boost...), no litter from the product, customer can automate the system and leave it running 24/7, no manufacturing plant or polution tax, barely any transit costs, barely any storage costs (in comparison to physical premises), no logistical problems matching manufacturing/storage to cope with seasonal changes in demand....etc etc

        Doe this make sense?
        Roger, yup that makes sense too. I would consider adwords consumable. You use up your daily budget, then you do it again. Not physical, but consumable.

        Also, I thought about the fact that Floyd didn't mention why it was important, but figured that the "over and over" part implied the reasoning. REPEAT SALES.

        The trick is to figure out how to develop a product and/or service that people consume on a regular basis. By their very nature they have a built in "back end". There are plenty of examples...

        • Coaching
        • Ad Spends
        • Content Writing Service
        • etc.
        Some are more natural than others (i.e. toilet paper, shampoo, cigarettes, cola, etc.). But if you can figure out how to package your product/service so that it can be consumed on a regular basis, profits will increase dramatically. Then you build your brand through positioning and delivering outstanding value.

        Does that make more sense?
        Signature
        "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
        ~ Zig Ziglar
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42291].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Taylor
      Originally Posted by Nick Brighton View Post


      The "winning answer" that they are all something people consume over and over could expand your question to several million brands...

      Kleanex,
      Durex,
      Pampers,
      Andrex,
      Mmm, I can think of a valid reason why I wouldn't want to use those products more than once!

      John
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42338].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nick Brighton
        [quote=Nick Brighton]

        The "winning answer" that they are all something people consume over and over could expand your question to several million brands...

        Kleanex,
        Durex,
        Pampers,
        Andrex,

        Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post

        Mmm, I can think of a valid reason why I wouldn't want to use those products more than once!

        John
        Hahaha, classic.

        PS.

        Lance, I apologize, I see what you're getting at now. I had it in my head that you were talking exclusively about these 3 brands.lol.

        It's just that most quizzes have a univerally accepted answer...whereas yours was "one of a possible many, but that you had in mind".

        I'd love to see the punches fly at my local pub, if the quiz master said "Sorry, team b wins because team a gave the right answer, but not the one I was thinking of..."

        ;-)
        Signature
        BEST SELLING DONE-FOR-YOU CONTENT AT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42353].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lance K
          [quote=Nick Brighton;42353]
          Originally Posted by Nick Brighton

          It's just that most quizzes have a univerally accepted answer...whereas yours was "one of a possible many, but that you had in mind".

          I'd love to see the punches fly at my local pub, if the quiz master said "Sorry, team b wins because team a gave the right answer, but not the one I was thinking of..."
          Did you really think I'd offer up a quiz in a marketing forum looking for a health related answer? :p

          I thought the quiz angle would be fun and I'd get to buy a fellow warrior a WSO of their choosing. I should have just posted my thoughts about consumable products and left it for discussion.

          I'll know better from now on.
          Signature
          "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
          ~ Zig Ziglar
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42377].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ExRat
            Hi Lance,

            I thought the quiz angle would be fun and I'd get to buy a fellow warrior a WSO of their choosing. I should have just posted my thoughts about consumable products and left it for discussion.

            I'll know better from now on.
            It was fun and your generosity is to be admired. I like healthy debate and am trying hard not to be argumentative or abusive while also asking tricky questions, looking for holes in arguments etc.

            That's what makes this place great - but I do hope you don't change your approach OR feel annoyed about any of the contributions here (in particular mine, of course).

            If you hadn't started the thread, none of this would have been discussed. And years from now others might be reading and learning from this thread.

            Look at it that way, maybe?

            Edit - just read your last post -

            If you need an example of one that doesn't contain highly addictive narcotics or other health related side effects, consider dye free, fragrance free, dingle berry free toilet tissue.
            I'd still prefer adwords ;-)
            Signature


            Roger Davis

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42395].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Chipt
            In that case, I think L'eggs panty hose must be the number one brand in the world. And what a perfect business model...

            Ladies buy them over and over and over, in different colors... and many times they can only been worn once before they're ruined... but rather than raise h*ll at L'eggs, women just buy more pairs more often...

            ... and what about disposable razors?

            ... and what about ladies' shoes?

            ... and those people who have 5 different shampoos and conditioners in their shower?

            Purely amazing business models if you ask me -

            Chip
            Signature

            Improve your online success permanently right now. Joint Venture Masters tell you the real insider info. Save $450 right now by checking out my *limited time* FCS WSO and change your JV success in a radical way permanently at http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/to...OPIC_ID=264511... and for less than $20 you can really save up to half your gasoline costs at www.CutYourGasCostsNow.com.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imb
    That's what my Chinese businessman friend told me: Choose a product that gets easily consumed and they'll buy over and over again, like a tissue paper.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[42325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarah Harvey
    Coco Cola- I drink enough of the stuff in South Africa and they are big there.

    What do they have in common.... they promote fun in the sun, and its a great way to connect people.

    The biggest reason people go to Pizza Hut... well in SA in any case... because it targets young people aged 16- 30 to come together and have a fun evening and just relax with friends.

    Same for most big brands... the target is always connecting people and making it seem as if it's fun. In my case- I love the taste of Coco Cola! Period! Except in the UK where I live now >< I hate the taste here...hence I do not drink it. Too sweet ...or should I say too much sugar.
    Signature
    "Find the problem and provide the solution."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[44450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Floyd chose Dean Shainin's WSO about EZA Secrets Exposed. Just sent payment to Dean. Thanks dean for allowing us to do so. And thanks to Floyd and everyone else who took part in the discussion. If nothing else, Floyd got a free WSO and Dean got another customer. Cheers all.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[78766].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics