Someone thanked me... now what?

by money fan Banned
68 replies
Someone clicked the thank button on my panel. In other post i hear you get $5. How do you get it? Thanks
#thanked
  • Profile picture of the author GMD
    Banned
    Originally Posted by money fan View Post

    Someone clicked the thank button on my panel. In other post i hear you get $5. How do you get it? Thanks
    LOL! ...guess you need to collect $10.00 now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215860].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Irish Intuition
      I think there is a WSO on "How to thank your way to $157,093.00 per month"

      It costs $7


      Signature




      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author money fan
      Banned
      Originally Posted by GMD View Post

      LOL! ...guess you need to collect $10.00 now!

      Thank you! But i still dont know how to collect... Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215924].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by money fan View Post

        Thank you! But i still dont know how to collect... Thanks
        You have to go to the sub forum labeled (Collect Your Cash Here). From there, they ask you a bunch of questions to see if your "Thanks" is legitimate. Then, they mail you a check which takes 7-10 business days.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215932].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Matthew Shane Roe
          Originally Posted by Joe128139 View Post

          You have to go to the sub forum labeled (Collect Your Cash Here). From there, they ask you a bunch of questions to see if your "Thanks" is legitimate. Then, they mail you a check which takes 7-10 business days.

          What he said, just had to add one thing.

          Be sure not to stutter or take to long answering, I hear they dock payments for those that do.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215952].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Skid_Roe View Post

            What he said, just had to add one thing.

            Be sure not to stutter or take to long answering, I hear they dock payments for those that do.
            What he said. Actually, the questioning goes a lot like the bridge of death scene from Monty Python.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215977].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GMD
        Banned
        Originally Posted by money fan View Post

        Thank you! But i still dont know how to collect... Thanks
        You're welcome! But please, don't mention it! Nothing to it! :rolleyes:

        As I've not been around the forum long enough, I'll leave it to the more experienced members to show you how to collect every single penny!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215933].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MP80
        Originally Posted by money fan View Post

        Thank you! But i still dont know how to collect... Thanks
        MoneyFan.. Just to be clear - This is the correct answer:

        Originally Posted by SandyDuPlessis View Post

        I don't know where you got that information, but you do not get paid when someone thanks you.
        You also do not get paid for giving thanks. It is just used to say 'great comment' etc.. In case you haven't realised - most of these people are joking

        All the best with it,

        Max.

        P.S. [And on the plus side] Congrats.. You really know how to get a good thread going! :p
        Signature
        Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216683].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author money fan
          Banned
          Originally Posted by MP80 View Post

          MoneyFan.. Just to be clear - This is the correct answer:



          You also do not get paid for giving thanks. It is just used to say 'great comment' etc.. In case you haven't realised - most of these people are joking

          All the best with it,

          Max.

          P.S. [And on the plus side] Congrats.. You really know how to get a good thread going! :p
          Ya Maybe ill do this again in a year. Most of you guys will have forgotten by then...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217429].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
            Banned
            Originally Posted by money fan View Post

            Ya Maybe ill do this again in a year. Most of you guys will have forgotten by then...
            Ok, we're taking a turn for the serious now. I think I just read that you are 13? It was very mature of you then to be able to take this in stride and let us goof on you. I know I wouldn't have done the same at your age.

            As you spend some more time on here, you will be able to pick up on the sarcasm pretty quick. As stated above, you will also be apt to dish some out (it's my favorite part of being here).

            I just want to thank you personally for letting us have our fun, and if you ever need a serious question answered myself and all of the other members on here will be more than happy to do it for you.

            Best of luck buddy.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217552].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author money fan
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Joe128139 View Post

              Ok, we're taking a turn for the serious now. I think I just read that you are 13? It was very mature of you then to be able to take this in stride and let us goof on you. I know I wouldn't have done the same at your age.

              As you spend some more time on here, you will be able to pick up on the sarcasm pretty quick. As stated above, you will also be apt to dish some out (it's my favorite part of being here).

              I just want to thank you personally for letting us have our fun, and if you ever need a serious question answered myself and all of the other members on here will be more than happy to do it for you.

              Best of luck buddy.
              Ya.. you guys had me thinking i had $45 for a little ... lol
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5218196].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SandyDuPlessis
    I don't know where you got that information, but you do not get paid when someone thanks you.

    Being "thanked" via the WF "thanks" button is a courtesy gesture from someone who who feels that they personally benefited from information that you provided. It is also an indication to others of the degree of helpfulness you provide within the WF.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manicmethods
    GMD, looks like you're in for over $800, nice work!

    Make sure the bank of WF pays up
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GMD
      Banned
      Originally Posted by manicmethods View Post

      GMD, looks like you're in for over $800, nice work!

      Make sure the bank of WF pays up
      Indeed...and there I was busting my hump doing IM when all along I could have been collecting "thanks" and cashing my $5 per to the WF bank! :rolleyes:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215895].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
        Originally Posted by GMD View Post

        Indeed...and there I was busting my hump doing IM when all along I could have been collecting "thanks" and cashing my $5 per to the WF bank! :rolleyes:
        You don't get paid for getting them, you get paid for giving them, as it should be... :p
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215902].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Banned
          Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

          You don't get paid for getting them, you get paid for giving them, as it should be... :p
          Just to play it safe, I'm going to give them and go try to collect them. I'm going to have ALL THE MONEY.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215916].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Actually, the "thank you" prize has gone up to $50 because of the holidays.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    Wait wait wait, we get paid for thanks?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215898].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GMD
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Joe128139 View Post

      Wait wait wait, we get paid for thanks?
      Indeed we do! And here's my five bucks to you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    This is an outrage!

    Where's my $2690?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215942].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Mick Meaney View Post

      This is an outrage!

      Where's my $2690?
      Allen Says has been playing us for suckers! Time for an "Occupy WarriorForum" movement.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215949].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Joe128139 View Post

        Allen Says has been playing us for suckers! Time for an "Occupy WarriorForum" movement.
        I'm in. I never got my $18,105. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216393].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Banned
          Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

          I'm in. I never got my $18,105. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!
          YES. So...I guess we just meet outside of the WSO section and shake our hands around to signify whether or not we are happy? Idk, I kind of blanked out on that thing after a week.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216403].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BackLinkiT
            I've just thanked you, old chap, for the good laugh!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HairyPoppins
    I wish you could paid. In a perfect world.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5215992].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GMD
      Banned
      Well, curious by nature as I am, I had to get to the bottom on this serious issue.

      It appears this whole thing started when the OP started this thread:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...button-do.html

      By reading this short thread referenced above, you all shall see exactly how the secret of the "$5 Thanks" got out...

      ...It's NOT for the faint of heart either! The information in the aforementioned thread will shock you. Stun you. You'll grow hair on your chest (and if you already have some, you'll grow more!).

      P.S.

      Please do not forget to "thank" me for this useful post...after all, I deserve to get paid, too!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216019].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by GMD View Post

        Well, curious by nature as I am, I had to get to the bottom on this serious issue.

        It appears this whole thing started when the OP started this thread:

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...button-do.html

        By reading this short thread referenced above, you all shall see exactly how the secret of the "$5 Thanks" got out...

        ...It's NOT for the faint of heart either! The information in the aforementioned thread will shock you. Stun you. You'll grow hair on your chest (and if you already have some, you'll grow more!).

        P.S.

        Please do not forget to "thank" me for this useful post...after all, I deserve to get paid, too!
        So we have Bill Farnham to "thank" for letting this money making secret get out. Damn it. Those of us "in the loop" were splitting the unclaimed money. Now I'll have to work...or something.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    Originally Posted by money fan View Post

    Someone clicked the thank button on my panel. In other post i hear you get $5. How do you get it? Thanks
    As soon as you find out, let me know.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RobKonrad
      Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

      As soon as you find out, let me know.
      Paul
      And if that happens - Paul, would you sell me half of your thanks for, let's say, 2 bucks each?

      Cheers,
      Rob
      Signature
      ================================================== ===
      This blog is awesome: http://www.robkonrad.com/blog. Read it.
      ================================================== ===
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    Originally Posted by money fan View Post

    Someone clicked the thank button on my panel. In other post i hear you get $5. How do you get it? Thanks
    I hear you need to apply for a "ThankPro" account first.
    You can then link it to your Paypal account and get paid.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fun to Write
    LOL...gee, here I was just grooving off of the good vibes I got from giving good info here. Can someone please direct me to the section where I can cash in my thank you chips?

    Better yet, never mind. I like the good vibes too much.
    Signature

    Focus+Smart Work+Persistence=Success

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seth Bias
    Darn right when I was making ok 'Thank' money this has to be leaked. Now you need a ThankPro account and hope it doesn't crash on you while your getting thanks so you can get your money. Most likely it takes 5-10 weeks to mail you a check and you need a minimum thank balance of $50.00....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Bill didn't leak to me - and I resemble that. We're talking another vacation here....off to claim my funds. Big bucks, baby.
      Signature

      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.
      It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coby
    I think you are getting confused...

    In the past there were no WSO's or thanks but rather "buy me a beer" buttons where you could donate a small amount to the poster in exchange for the info they provided...

    Then the WSO section was born
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216220].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
      I propose a Joint Venture:

      On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I'll sit here all day posting, and the JV partner keeps clicking "thanks". On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays we can reverse roles.

      We'll keep Sundays free for bookkeeping and submitting our claims to the WF Bank...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216278].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by repairseo View Post

        This is certainly unbelievable for new bee like me, please warrior are you kidding or its serious. lolz.
        We NEVER kid. This is dead serious.

        Originally Posted by AnniePot View Post

        I propose a Joint Venture:

        On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I'll sit here all day posting, and the JV partner keeps clicking "thanks". On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays we can reverse roles.

        We'll keep Sundays free for bookkeeping and submitting our claims to the WF Bank...
        Let's do it!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216385].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AnniePot
          Originally Posted by Joe128139 View Post

          We NEVER kid. This is dead serious.

          Let's do it!
          OK - I've already clicked "thanks" on your post - oh, hang on, it's Sunday - doesn't count..
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216548].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
            Banned
            Originally Posted by rosetrees View Post

            I wasn't going to sink to everyone else's level, but this thread is creating quite a buzz.
            Puns!

            Originally Posted by AnniePot View Post

            OK - I've already clicked "thanks" on your post - oh, hang on, it's Sunday - doesn't count..
            Damn it, there goes $5 into the void.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author repairseo
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216249].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xxxJamesxxx
    I didn't know you could cash in your "Thanks"s... Gonna cash mine in then make a WSO about it... Gonna call it "THANK YOU Domination!"

    James Scholes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelcorvin
    Today's special...I need 1000 people to thank me and I will split the commission with you 70/30 :-) hahaha

    Not making fun of anyone...just thought that was funny :-)

    Michael
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rosetrees
    I just read another thread by Moneyfan. He (or she) is only 13 - so it's probably a bit unfair of us all to tease.

    Moneyfan - I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts to earn yourself some money and you'll learn to spot when people are being silly. It isn't personal!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216552].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ArwenTaylor
      Originally Posted by rosetrees View Post

      I just read another thread by Moneyfan. He (or she) is only 13 - so it's probably a bit unfair of us all to tease.

      Moneyfan - I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts to earn yourself some money and you'll learn to spot when people are being silly. It isn't personal!
      Aww :p

      I would still like to know where he or she heard you get paid for receiving Thanks on WarriorForum. I know that at TalkFreelance, they will randomly give you cash if your contribution to the community that day warrants it. But that program is by Admin/Moderator choice only; although thanks from other members increases your chances of getting paid.
      Signature
      Internet Business Blog
      Cheap, high quality PLR articles: Latest PLR Pack - Gift Baskets
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216801].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Onora Oz
        From the other thread:

        Originally Posted by Bill Farnham View Post

        It sends $5 from your PayPal account to the person you're thanking.

        Pretty cool, huh?

        ~Bill


        By other thread, I mean: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5182410


        Originally Posted by ArwenTaylor View Post

        Aww :p

        I would still like to know where he or she heard you get paid for receiving Thanks on WarriorForum. I know that at TalkFreelance, they will randomly give you cash if your contribution to the community that day warrants it. But that program is by Admin/Moderator choice only; although thanks from other members increases your chances of getting paid.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216833].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
          Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

          You don't get paid for getting them, you get paid for giving them, as it should be... :p
          Dang it! Went from $19,080 down to $12,095. Oh well, less tax to pay...

          Originally Posted by Joe128139 View Post

          So we have Bill Farnham to "thank" for letting this money making secret get out. Damn it. Those of us "in the loop" were splitting the unclaimed money. Now I'll have to work...or something.
          Then all y'all need to get together and pony up my 12 grand - it isn't "unclaimed" anymore...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216897].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
            Banned
            Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

            Dang it! Went from $19,080 down to $12,095. Oh well, less tax to pay...


            Then all y'all need to get together and pony up my 12 grand - it isn't "unclaimed" anymore...
            Er...I spent it all on candy and women. Or was it candy women? Regardless, it's gone.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217055].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author WebPromoCenter
              Well Money Fan... you joined WF in November, 2011. If you are as young as been told, then I think you have a bright future on this forum if you take some things with a sense of humor, learn from it, and throw it back at 'em as you gain experience. Sometime in the future you will look back at this post and use it as a WSO teaching newbies how to have fun in the WF, build their post counts and Thanks at the same time.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217131].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author money fan
                Banned
                Originally Posted by CPinckley View Post

                Well Money Fan... you joined WF in November, 2011. If you are as young as been told, then I think you have a bright future on this forum if you take some things with a sense of humor, learn from it, and throw it back at 'em as you gain experience. Sometime in the future you will look back at this post and use it as a WSO teaching newbies how to have fun in the WF, build their post counts and Thanks at the same time.
                HAHA Thank you
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217335].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ShayB
    Originally Posted by money fan View Post

    Someone clicked the thank button on my panel. In other post i hear you get $5. How do you get it? Thanks
    The check's in the mail...
    Signature
    "Fate protects fools, little children, and ships called Enterprise." ~Commander Riker
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Gomez
    Lol at some of the posters who didn't get the OP

    Funny thread
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Gary Gomez View Post

      Lol at some of the posters who didn't get the OP

      Funny thread
      What exactly did we not get?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ed Micah
    Hahaha, this is hilarious.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5216817].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LeeLee
    I'm sorry. Haven't you heard? "Thanks" is dead. Everybody knows that.
    Signature
    The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials. ~ Lin Yutang
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217564].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author candoit2
    It "pays" to give thanks to other members. You don't get cash directly but they might check out your sig and purchase through you.

    Post things worth getting a thanks for and good things happen.

    Aaron
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5217656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AprilCT
    $5 hardly buys a special coffee at Starbucks, so it's a good thing the thanks went up to $7.50 each -- but its a well kept secret, so please don't tell anyone else.
    Anyway, since I told everyone, could I have some thanks to up my balance?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5218288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matthew Shane Roe
      Originally Posted by AprilCT View Post

      $5 hardly buys a special coffee at Starbucks, so it's a good thing the thanks went up to $7.50 each -- but its a well kept secret, so please don't tell anyone else.
      Anyway, since I told everyone, could I have some thanks to up my balance?

      Silly April,


      You can't just ask for thanks. You have to earn it lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5218426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saxydez
    I am confused lol. So I am seeing that we do get paid for thanks, and then I am seeing that we dont...So which is it?? :? lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5243048].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Bill Farnham
      Originally Posted by Saxydez View Post

      I am confused lol. So I am seeing that we do get paid for thanks, and then I am seeing that we dont...So which is it?? :? lol
      It's the power of suggestion...

      Lookie here..
      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5182410

      People believe anything they read on the internet.

      Want to sell the idea that you can teach someone to make $1000 a day with no work involved by them for only $7?

      Write it on the internet.

      People believe anything they read on the internet.

      Want proof?

      I just gave it to you.

      Now promise me you'll only use that power for good purposes.

      I should have charged $7 for this 'real world' proof, but I'm giving this secret away today for nothing...

      ~Bill
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5243590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VictorDamasio
    Damn!

    I guess I should figure out a viral method to skyrocket my "thank-grade" right now.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5243957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    when you find it let me know cause I have a little over 3 grand coming
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5244011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vibes
    thank me now!!!! LOL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5428982].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eduard Stinga
    I kinda feel sorry for this guy asking the question
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5430222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author doingwrite
    OP - so now you know that there is no money in thanking or getting thanked. If you look at Amazon.com, one of the highest selling books is on gratitude. Gratitude is given without expectation of reward. And gratitude is received graciously, allowing the giver the honor of giving you the gift.

    No money. Nada. But money isn't everything, right?
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5430264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsouravs
    lol......one of the funniest post i have ever seen.
    Signature

    I can convert your Non-Responsive website to Responsive website ... How sweet is that? :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5430306].message }}

Trending Topics