Launching a membership site need video help please

10 replies
Hi Fellow Warriors,

Like the title says I am launching a membership site and there is going to be quite a bit of video content in there.

What would be your recommendation for having the videos embedded? I don't really feel to use youtube but I do not want to host all the video's on my server is there anything you would recommend? I think Amazon had something but I am not sure..

Or would it be best to just host it on my servers? :-s

Thanks in advance
#launching #membership #site #video
  • Profile picture of the author braincandy7
    Why do you not want to use youtube? You can make the vids "unlisted" which means people cannot search them out and can only view using a link which you supply.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5227152].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author simonpiemon
      You can put the video files on Amazon s3 and use an embedded player such as flowplayer or jw player to play them.

      What are you using to build the membership area? Wordpress with s2member and Optimizepress can work well, Optimize press includes a video shortcode that uses jw player, just paste in the filename from Amazon s3.
      Signature

      My stuff...
      1 simoncrabb.com (consulting and coaching - I've been a full time affiliate marketer since 2000)
      2 plrproducers.com (free and paid PLR products)
      3 concealeddeals.com (digital downloads deals site)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5227206].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jouvan Johnson
        Originally Posted by simonpiemon View Post

        You can put the video files on Amazon s3 and use an embedded player such as flowplayer or jw player to play them.

        What are you using to build the membership area? Wordpress with s2member and Optimizepress can work well, Optimize press includes a video shortcode that uses jw player, just paste in the filename from Amazon s3.
        That sounds fantastic thank you I will definitely look into using this
        Signature
        100% FREE PDF CHEAT SHEET
        Click Here To Download My 1 Page 6 Figure Internet Action Plan!
        (Works Even If You Have A Full Time Job And No Previous Experience)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5227235].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kate Davies
          Hi Jouvan

          I completely agree with your view about using YouTube (or not) for delivery of your material. It doesn't look as professional as you would like it to.

          I am just about to launch my own (first) product along the lines of the advice given to you by Simonpiemon. After much research and a few mistakes along the way, here is what I am using and how I'm setting it up:-

          • OptimizePress (on Wordpress)
          • Setting up a sales page and a membership area
          • Using Digital Access Pass (DAP) to manage the backend of the membership site and content delivery
          • Hosting my videos on Amazon S3
          • EasyVideoPlayer for embedding & playing the videos on the webpage (OptimizePress has a facility to easily drop in the code provided by EVP)
          • Protecting my video content on Amazon S3 with S3MediaVault (which is produced by the makers of DAP and is therefore very easy to integrate).
          Both Optimize Press and Digital Access Pass have the most brilliant documentation and tutorials. OptimizePress includes tutorials on how to integrate Digital Access Pass (and other membership systems). If you invest in OptimizePress and follow their tutorial videos step by step you won't go far wrong.


          Good luck.
          Kate
          Signature
          Local internet marketing in the UK
          Only the businesses who can be found online will succeed. Improve online visibility with www.vizzibiliti.co.uk
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5227780].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jouvan Johnson
            Thank you very much for this... I think I will definitely use Amazon to host my video's and Optimize press seems to be a must I will also take a look at the others you recommended.

            Very much appreciated.

            Jouvan

            Originally Posted by digileaf View Post

            Hi Jouvan

            I completely agree with your view about using YouTube (or not) for delivery of your material. It doesn't look as professional as you would like it to.

            I am just about to launch my own (first) product along the lines of the advice given to you by Simonpiemon. After much research and a few mistakes along the way, here is what I am using and how I'm setting it up:-

            • OptimizePress (on Wordpress)
            • Setting up a sales page and a membership area
            • Using Digital Access Pass (DAP) to manage the backend of the membership site and content delivery
            • Hosting my videos on Amazon S3
            • EasyVideoPlayer for embedding & playing the videos on the webpage (OptimizePress has a facility to easily drop in the code provided by EVP)
            • Protecting my video content on Amazon S3 with S3MediaVault (which is produced by the makers of DAP and is therefore very easy to integrate).
            Both Optimize Press and Digital Access Pass have the most brilliant documentation and tutorials. OptimizePress includes tutorials on how to integrate Digital Access Pass (and other membership systems). If you invest in OptimizePress and follow their tutorial videos step by step you won't go far wrong.


            Good luck.
            Kate
            Signature
            100% FREE PDF CHEAT SHEET
            Click Here To Download My 1 Page 6 Figure Internet Action Plan!
            (Works Even If You Have A Full Time Job And No Previous Experience)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5228003].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jouvan Johnson
      Originally Posted by braincandy7 View Post

      Why do you not want to use youtube? You can make the vids "unlisted" which means people cannot search them out and can only view using a link which you supply.
      I have used youtube before and made them unlisted but it just doesn't look as professional to me (may just be me)..

      Also thought with that people may get the feeling they could have just searched for the video and got it...

      I don't see a lot of other people using youtube in their members area mainly easy video player
      Signature
      100% FREE PDF CHEAT SHEET
      Click Here To Download My 1 Page 6 Figure Internet Action Plan!
      (Works Even If You Have A Full Time Job And No Previous Experience)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5227219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barefoot Warrior
    Jouvan,

    Is it Serendipity?

    It was for me today, as I received an email from William Mattos (he does stuff with Jason Fladlien) and I almost ignored it ... it came across as spammy, which it wasn't at all.

    Anyway, I'm looking at putting a video up on Amazon S3 and know there are several tricks to doing it right, but couldn't remember where I'd seen details about all of this and then the email arrives from WM.

    You can get hold of this course for just $1 if you go to The Daily Gangster - The Daily Gangster | Discount How-to Programs, Training, Marketing Software, Events & Books at Deep Discounts but the offer expires in about 15 hours which I think should be 03.00AM EST/New York Wednesday 14th December - I'm in the UK, so estimating the time

    I actually picked it up for nothing and got $10 credits by going through WM's link, but I'm sure that I can't post that on here and $1 is a steal for this anyway. You won't receive it until a few days after the offer closes, but I'm happy to wait.

    Hope this helps and is your taste of Serendipity

    Barefoot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5228388].message }}
  • Hey buddy,

    I use optimizepress with wishlist for the membership sites as I think you know. For my videos I mix it up a bit. I always use Amazon S3 and for the video players I either use Easy Video Player or EZS3.

    EVP is really good for sales videos as you can have delayed buttons and sales tracking from within the video itself.

    Give me a shout on skype if you want more tips matey

    Speak soon1

    Simon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5236777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Thompson
    Easy Video Player is the ideal solution. I believe EZS3 has monthly fees. EVP is a one-off purchase and I LOVE IT. I use it for anything that isn't going directly into YouTube.

    OptimizePress is a very solid theme to integrate with Wishlist or DAP also.

    EVP plays nice with OptimizePress. Good combo.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5237005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
    You should definitely host the videos on Amazon S3.

    +1 for EVP.

    Cheaper alternative with fewer features: S3MediaVault

    Add OptimizePress + DAP, and you've got yourself a powerful membership site with lots of options.

    - Ravi Jayagopal
    Signature
    SubscribeMe.fm
    Podcast about Membership Sites & Online Courses
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5327002].message }}

Trending Topics