Use your marketing skills to buy and sell items that people want to get a profit.
Apple products are ALWAYS in demand. With the success of the iPad, iPhone, and iPod everyone is dying to get their hands on an Apple Mac computer.
What is great for you is that they are looking to by the brand not the product.
Here is what I did.
- Went to eBay and bought the first generation Intel Mac Mini to be released. Bought for below $400.
- Used it as a server for a year.
- Stopped using it and decided to get rid of it.
- Posted on Craigslist
- Used copy and graphics similar to: highrisehq.com/yes
- Got TONS of offers.
- Told responders that the demand was greater than anticipated and would sell to the first person to offer $400.
NO ONE on Craigslist is doing copywriting when selling their items. By doing this you set yourself apart from the rest.
Some quick tips:
- Always use a good post title
- Always include images
- Include brand logos
- Always state your contact information multiple times
- Use HTML to use colors and different font-sizes
- Use bulleted lists
- Always include a P.S. restating your offer and contact info (Please always read the P.S.)
Hope I inspired some of you to start buying and selling on Craigslist. It's a good way to practice your negotiation chops as well as a way to quickly see how well your copywriting performs.
P.S. You should really use a P.S. People can't help but read these.