Product Creation - Writing a book for Online and Offline Sales

11 replies
Hi There Warrior Forum Members,

I need a little market research info and I need your help with it if that's okay.

I've only been invloved in Internet Marketing for a few months now, my true passion is writing, but I've realised (a little late), that Internet Marketing can be huge to boost my book sales.

From the little I've learnt, one of the best ways to make money online is to create your own product and get others to sell it for you. Am I right in saying that?
What better way to do that than to write your own book or e-book and sell it via Amazon or Clickbank, depending on the format.

What if I told you, I can show you how to write a book on any subject imaginable, in under a month, even if you've never written anything before. It could be an infomational "How To" book or a novel. It's entirely possible and I could show you how.

Would you, the savvy Warrior Forum Members, invest in such a product? Would you find this useful in your business, to create products to sell month after month?
And if so, how much would you be prepared to part with to get such information.

I would love your feedback, and for your efforts, all the people that give me feedback will be entered into a pot and for one lucky person, I will be giving my Book Blueprint away for free. So, by the end of January, you could have your very first book in your hand. You'll instantly been seen as an expert in your field and someone to go to when people need a solution to their problem.

I look forward to all your feedback.

Regards,
Glen.

"History will be kind to me, because I intend to write it..." Winstone Churchill.
#book #creation #offline #online #product #sales #writing
  • Profile picture of the author jamesrich1
    Would the answer be to do a ton of research on any subject and then structure the information that you have found into a table of contents to help you provide all of the content you have researched. Find all of the needs of a target audience in a specific sub niche and then go and research to find the answers.

    Get the biggest need that your target audience has. Provide the biggest benefit as the headline. Carve out a USP to stand out amongst your competition. Hire a copywriter to write the sales copy for your page and then go to work with marketing. Oh and give away a chapter to give the readers some content.

    If not that way then go to the experts and interview them with incredibly detailed questions. It works so the experts get exposure and you get great content to be able to do jv's with the experts in selling your product. Just a guess. I personally wouldn't be interested in that type of product. There are tons of products already out about product creation in any niche. I cannot speak for anybody else. What is your USP?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5368102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GlenPalmer
      Originally Posted by jamesrich1 View Post

      Would the answer be to do a ton of research on any subject and then structure the information that you have found into a table of contents to help you provide all of the content you have researched. Find all of the needs of a target audience in a specific sub niche and then go and research to find the answers.

      Get the biggest need that your target audience has. Provide the biggest benefit as the headline. Carve out a USP to stand out amongst your competition. Hire a copywriter to write the sales copy for your page and then go to work with marketing. Oh and give away a chapter to give the readers some content.

      If not that way then go to the experts and interview them with incredibly detailed questions. It works so the experts get exposure and you get great content to be able to do jv's with the experts in selling your product. Just a guess. I personally wouldn't be interested in that type of product. There are tons of products already out about product creation in any niche. I cannot speak for anybody else. What is your USP?
      Thanks for the response James. Some of the techniques you've mentioned here will, of course be in the book. However, my target audience will be, for most part, new writers so hiring copywriters and creating sales pages has nothing to do with it.

      There will be an element devoted to research, but it has nothing to do with spending hours in front of a computer or spending days at the library, in fact, I have a really fast way to research and it has nothing to do with the internet.

      My USP is a five minute excercise that can make anyone and I mean anyone write a book.

      Although this is great for Internet Marketers wanting to create a product (I.E in the form of a book) it isn't just for IM's, it's for anyone wanting to write a book whether it's fiction or non-fiction.

      Thanks anyway for the input and you've given me a few bonus bits to add to my book.
      Signature

      Helping people write their books & become instant experts in their field since 2012. Clickbank Affiliates wanted, 50% commissions on all levels.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    I agree with James. You aren't selling anything that can't be found elsewhere and I have the experience to do it myself if I choose already.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Read my Warriors for Hire ad.
    Writer/Editor/Proofreader. Place orders.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5368240].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sharyn Sheldon
      I've seen many of these already also, several of which were very well done. A couple were detailed step by step books, one was a coaching program, and there are a few that are all about speed. You'd really have to be offering something different. Also, if you haven't already been successful writing and marketing ebooks yourself, you'll have a tough time gaining any credibility.
      Signature

      - Sharyn Sheldon

      [BRAND NEW PLR] Shoestring Budget Startup - Ready-to-Go, Customizable Course and Complete Sales Funnel

      FREE Content Planning Template Finally...an easy way to make sure your content is working for you

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5368593].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GlenPalmer
        Originally Posted by srsheldon View Post

        I've seen many of these already also, several of which were very well done. A couple were detailed step by step books, one was a coaching program, and there are a few that are all about speed. You'd really have to be offering something different. Also, if you haven't already been successful writing and marketing ebooks yourself, you'll have a tough time gaining any credibility.
        Hello Sharyn,

        Thanks for the response, My book is a step by step way on how to write a book in under a month. It's does have to do with speed writing. I believe that the best way to write is if you simply write the way you talk. Naturally, if you write the way you talk, you'll write faster and the faster you write the better you write. Well that's my philosophy anyway.
        I would like to point out though, that my book is about writing a book, not e-books (although you could convert them quite easily). And yes, I've had a few books and short stories published in the past.

        As with the others, thanks for your input, it's always appreciated.
        Signature

        Helping people write their books & become instant experts in their field since 2012. Clickbank Affiliates wanted, 50% commissions on all levels.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387159].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GlenPalmer
      Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

      I agree with James. You aren't selling anything that can't be found elsewhere and I have the experience to do it myself if I choose already.
      Hey Laurence,

      You're already a freelance writer and editor, you've already honed your writing craft so, you're quite correct, this won't be for you.
      As I mentioned to James this is for new writers that don't know where to start and need guidance.

      But thanks for your input, it's always valued.
      Signature

      Helping people write their books & become instant experts in their field since 2012. Clickbank Affiliates wanted, 50% commissions on all levels.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Originally Posted by GlenPalmer View Post

    What if I told you, I can show you how to write a book on any subject imaginable, in under a month, even if you've never written anything before.
    I'd say you'd be making a promise that's 99.9% impossible to keep.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GlenPalmer
      Hi Travelinguy,

      I assure you it's very possible to do, however, it also depends on the authors willingness to write and keep it up every day. The secret is writing the way you talk. With technology today, like Dragon dictation, it can be done even faster.
      Signature

      Helping people write their books & become instant experts in their field since 2012. Clickbank Affiliates wanted, 50% commissions on all levels.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387223].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jon Patrick
        Hi Glen,

        While I can't say that I know whether your product will be a success or not, I think it will depend in large part on the motivation or laziness of your target audience.

        If you're trying to sell this to the type of person who wants to make $500 in 24 hours using automated push-button software (there are a lot of WSO buyers like this), you won't have much luck. Some of them are willing to do some work if you make it as quick and easy for them as possible, but writing for a month? Doubtful.

        On the other hand, if you're targeting writers who want to hone their craft, then you might have some customers on your hands. But your product will need to be very well-written if you want to be taken seriously as a writer instructing other writers.

        Best Regards,
        Jon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387300].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GlenPalmer
          Originally Posted by Jon Patrick View Post


          On the other hand, if you're targeting writers who want to hone their craft, then you might have some customers on your hands. But your product will need to be very well-written if you want to be taken seriously as a writer instructing other writers.

          Best Regards,
          Jon
          Jon, thanks for the input. I've been writing ever since I could hold a pen. I live for writing. I would like to think it is well written, but easy to understand. That's really important to me.
          I want to help new writers hone their writing skills, but I thought it would also be good for IM who want to create their own product by writing a book. Who wouldn't want to be seen as an instant expert in their field?

          I'm beginning to think that maybe the Warrior Forum isn't the best place to try and sell my product. :confused:
          Signature

          Helping people write their books & become instant experts in their field since 2012. Clickbank Affiliates wanted, 50% commissions on all levels.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5393600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author STEVEN VEE
    Hello from OZ. Very interested , when can I start? say hello to Parky
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5387175].message }}

Trending Topics