How Do You Deal With Number One Problem Of Online Consumers?

15 replies
Curious to know how Warriors on this Forum deal with the number one problem of online consumers.

"Telling one product or service from the other (or the many)!"

As competition thickens and more people and companies try their hand at online marketing ... how do you seperate yourself from the herd, the crowd or the competition?

-or-

IF you had a magic wand how would you use it to help your prospect separate you from the competition. Note: Brainstorming ideas welcomed and encouraged.
#consumers #deal #number #online #problem
  • Profile picture of the author chansgrose
    Deliver products that work, our of quality, that over deliver.. gain massive respect with your lists and buyers, show them you are different among the junk floating around. They'll get the idea. Action goes a lot farther than words
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374514].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Make it easy for your prospects to make a decision by "recommending" your products over the competition. This is accomplished by establishing an authoritative presence, reputation, and demonstrated expertise.
      Signature
      “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374568].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        Make it easy for your prospects to make a decision by "recommending" your products over the competition. This is accomplished by establishing an authoritative presence, reputation, and demonstrated expertise.

        Also, be real and genuine when you talk to potential customers.

        People can see right through you when you are more interested in you making money, than them getting a good product/service at a good price.
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375074].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by trexpro View Post

      Deliver products that work, our of quality, that over deliver.. gain massive respect with your lists and buyers, show them you are different among the junk floating around. They'll get the idea. Action goes a lot farther than words
      That's some good points, especially the part about over-delivering. That's a word you don't hear as much anymore, in an age where more people are talking about cutting back.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5376875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    Educate you potential customer, letting them see that the
    product really does meet their needs. Also show them
    more and better ways to use your product.

    If you level of educating the customer is higher than
    dozens of similar products, your customer won't see them
    as competition because you're the one who actually
    prove to them that they are making the right choice.

    Willie
    Signature

    Did You Realize That The Majority Of Launches FAIL?
    Here's how to do a wildly successful launch!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Willie Crawford View Post

      Also show them
      more and better ways to use your product.
      Willie
      I've experienced that when I purchased a laptop. I narrowed my choice down to 3 competitors. They all were of equal quality and price, but the one who got my money was the one who happen to show me the most ways to use it. The others didn't. Good point.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5376893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Orator
    As the competition gets ever fiercer, I think it's important to double down on quality and customer service. Big businesses for all their advantages often loose these qualities due to the influx of so many new people.

    I've done my best to cultivate a relationship based on quality because that is one of the last few advantages a small businessman has.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5375211].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Orator View Post

      As the competition gets ever fiercer, I think it's important to double down on quality and customer service. Big businesses for all their advantages often loose these qualities due to the influx of so many new people.

      I've done my best to cultivate a relationship based on quality because that is one of the last few advantages a small businessman has.
      As you said, doubling down on service is the new normal for innovative businesses. It's a wise business decision too, because it cost little - but can have huge, long-term benefits.

      It's especially important now as a way of differentiating yourself from the crowd. Why? Because many businesses is focused on survival mode, cutting back and cutting corners.

      Now's the time to outshine your competitors with fanatical customer service. For example, I keep an eye on what my competitors hate to do, don't do well, or neglect doing ... and I do it.

      I call it my "Competitor Client-Snagging Technique". Most of the time they never knew what hit em.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5384269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
    Give customers all the information they would require. Do not sell products you do not believe in. Make sure they know everything they need to know before they purchase it, so that even if they are unhappy with the product, they may still come back to buy more from you.
    Signature

    >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5376894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Ways to differentiate yourself from the pack... hmmm.......

    1) Joint ventures

    2) Building an opt-in list

    3) Endorsements from customers

    4) Endorsements from celebrities in your niche

    5) A hard-hitting internet marketing plan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5377081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
    Incidentally, I think that the number 1 problem/challenge that
    you'll face is not competition, but simply customers having a
    lack of trust. Build that trust, and with your customers,
    there will be no alternatives.

    Willie
    Signature

    Did You Realize That The Majority Of Launches FAIL?
    Here's how to do a wildly successful launch!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5384543].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Willie Crawford View Post

      Incidentally, I think that the number 1 problem/challenge that
      you'll face is not competition, but simply customers having a
      lack of trust. Build that trust, and with your customers,
      there will be no alternatives.

      Willie
      Then would you say we're also competing with our competitors for trust?

      For example, What if I've built trust with a customer and you come along and have a similar product. But your product has the endorsement of 10 government agencies, 3 former Presidents and Michael Jordan. You win!
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5384613].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Willie Crawford
        Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

        Then would you say we're also competing with our competitors for trust?

        For example, What if I've built trust with a customer and you come along and have a similar product. But your product has the endorsement of 10 government agencies, 3 former Presidents and Michael Jordan. You win!
        In a market like that I wouldn't go head-to-head with someone who has
        all of those endorsements. Instead, I'd look for overlooked pockets
        of opportunity.

        Otherwise, yes, you could be competing for trust.

        Willie
        Signature

        Did You Realize That The Majority Of Launches FAIL?
        Here's how to do a wildly successful launch!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5384654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author igrowyourbiz
    making sure you know the difference between the commodity (which everyone seems to have like you) and the real product you are selling]

    I recommend you get a book called

    The "E" Myth (why most small businesses fail and what to do about it) by Michael Gerber.

    He goes in depth on this concept

    once you understand this

    you simply educate the consumer and position and brand yourself as the leader of the true "product"
    Signature
    Get LEGIT! Make 6, 7 or 8 FIGURES Per MONTH
    Just Like The Other Students I Mentor Do!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5384668].message }}

Trending Topics