How can I recover my YouTube videos?

7 replies
HELP! I can't believe I did this.

This is what ya get when burning the midnight oil too often.

I was uploading some new videos to my youtube channel and somehow in a moment of madness managed to delete all my videos!

I had about 27 of them, most linked to either my past WSO's and a few offline clients stuff.

I've searched the internet for solutions, but nothing seems to work. so this is my last gasp attempt at trying to find a solution.

Are there any Warriors that know how to recover deleted YouTube videos?

Your help will be so much appreciated and you'd be my new friend for life :-)

This is not an under the radar attempt at promoting my signature file, or anything sneaky like that, I'm truly desperate to get this sorted out.

Thanks in advance.

Stewart
#recover #videos #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Have you contacted support at Youtube for any help? Did you look through their help and documentation manuals?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5397705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MN Warrior
    Originally Posted by Stewart Alexander View Post

    HELP! I can't believe I did this.

    This is what ya get when burning the midnight oil too often.

    I was uploading some new videos to my youtube channel and somehow in a moment of madness managed to delete all my videos!

    I had about 27 of them, most linked to either my past WSO's and a few offline clients stuff.

    I've searched the internet for solutions, but nothing seems to work. so this is my last gasp attempt at trying to find a solution.

    Are there any Warriors that know how to recover deleted YouTube videos?

    Your help will be so much appreciated and you'd be my new friend for life :-)

    This is not an under the radar attempt at promoting my signature file, or anything sneaky like that, I'm truly desperate to get this sorted out.

    Thanks in advance.

    Stewart
    Since this doesn't relate to making money online this is likely to get moved, if not deleted. Rules tend to be enforced no matter what,especially on this particular forum.

    But I think you might screwed with this. Do keep your eyes open for more possibilities though.

    I would hope in the future you back up your videos on your computer, flash drive, drop box-like storage, etc. Because of your video gets reported by users, it is gone unless you can successfully appeal. Innocent YouTubers have lost their accounts because of this ugly fact about how you tubers can gang up on another user on their to get them suspended.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5397774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by MN Warrior View Post

      Since this doesn't relate to making money online this is likely to get moved, if not deleted. Rules tend to be enforced no matter what,especially on this particular forum.
      Interesting.

      You joined 72 hours ago. I'm sure a long term member like Stewart is aware of the rules. As he's discussing YouTube videos that were designed to point people to WSO's and offline client sites, it's safe to say they were making money for him. I've also seen many far less relevant threads remain. This 'particular' forum isn't that bad.

      Stewart, I would contact YouTube if you can or hope someone in a similar situation has a solution. Failing that, unless you syndicated the video to other sites or have it backed up, I'm afraid this may be one of those rather harsh 'back everything up' lessons .

      Sorry I couldn't be more help.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5397927].message }}
      • Thanks for all the feedback guys.

        I have contacted YouTube support, but based on what others are saying in other online forums, yahoo Answers etc. I'll be lucky to get a reply.

        Apparently their approach is, once deleted that's it!

        I do have the original videos backed up on my drive. I was was hoping for a quicker solution than have to upload each one again individually, add descriptions etc. Not a good use of my time, but it's looking like that's going to be my only option.

        Thanks again to all of you who replied. That's why I love this place, just reach out and there's always someone willing to help.

        Thanks

        Warmest regards,

        Stewart
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5398338].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
          Originally Posted by Stewart Alexander View Post


          I do have the original videos backed up on my drive. I was was hoping for a quicker solution than have to upload each one again individually, add descriptions etc. Not a good use of my time, but it's looking like that's going to be my only option.
          I can appreciate that's a pain Stewart but at least you have them. I hope others see this and make sure they're as sensible as you've been and back everything up.

          Good for you.
          Signature

          Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5398364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author slickymedia
    The only thing you can do for this kind of issues sir is to contact YOUTUBE customer support and ask if they can retrieve your videos. But if they can do anything with it neither are you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5397830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anthony2
    you don't have your videos backed up on a hard drive?
    Signature
    "I Leveled The Playing Field And Removed Every Roadblock
    To Helping You Make Maximum Profits In Minimum Time"
    Click Here Now To Find Out How!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5397872].message }}

Trending Topics