Fliipa Experts... Please help!...

33 replies
hi,

I posted a Flippa listing here... Even after 40 views, not even a single bid, can you help me with it?... my first listing... is it absolute?

Thanks
#experts #flippa #sell a website #site flipping
  • Profile picture of the author Mr Lim
    Always start your bidding price at $1.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5416588].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny10
    I'm no expert in Flippa but when you read the description, it's an eyesore. My first impression is to leave the page immediately. You may have valuable information there, but if no one is willing to to read it then.......
    My opinion is, change all the font color to black and don't bold it. You may get much better results. Those 40 people would have looked at the description and got out of there as soon as possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5416666].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Chicas
    In addition to what has been mentioned, yes - just use 2 different colors at most - and don't let those colors be Pink or Purple.

    Also a nice easy to read introduction at first would be better.

    All the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5416755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CPANetDirectory
    Definitely agree with what has been said so far in regards to tidying up the sales text.
    That said, my experience with Flippa is that the bids don't usually start coming in until 48 to 24 hours before the auction is due to close. From looking at your listing you still have another 12 days left to wait.
    My advice would be to have a look at some of the previously sold sites on Flippa to see how they have laid out there site descriptions.
    Signature
    Affiliate and CPA Networks listed and reviewed
    Please feel free to review your network
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5416816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CheapTrafficDude
    I think I can see why you're not getting any bids. There's a big spat about the whole downloading industry and website owners would probably go against buying/owning a download website. The big giants like Google, under the new law, would have to control those download websites, especially advertisers and publishers, on how they earn, so Google could be in hot water paying out to download websites. You can read about it on CNN.com ; Wrong time to put up a download site for sale and if the bill becomes law, then your site will be potentially be banned from search engines and if you use AdSense, you can kiss any profits from that goodbye.

    Illegal or not, Google was saying that even 100% legit websites would fall victim to this new law and isn't fair for legit websites. My guess is website owners know about this fact because I find it's a pretty nice website.

    On the other hand, you have 12 days remaining on the auction, most flippers will buy websites ending in 5 days or less and many flippers will click on the "ending soon" tab before anything else. So just give it a chance! I'd also recommend getting an upgraded listing, this tends to help if you choose to have a long-er auction. Keep in mind, people who buy stuff want it all and want it NOW.

    Hope this helps
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5416879].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Paul Brown
      Hey, would agree with all the above points and definitely the timing may not be the best for you

      That being said, I would still run with it and give it some time. It's still very early in your auction.

      I tend to run mine over 7 days max, then hopefully get a few watchers, or some early low ballers.

      Another tip would be to definitely respond to any comments as more 'active' auctions attract more views.

      Finally, in the last day or two it's sometimes worth upgrading to a premium auction to get some more views.

      Cheers,
      Paul
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5416945].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    With SOPA and PIPA unresolved, I have no idea of the legality of this site, so that aside, there are 12 days left of your auction. No one will bid until the last couple of days. They don't want to start a bidding war if they are interested. I always buy the "Featured" enhancement on the day before the last day of auction. It gets a lot more views.

    Couldn't see what the site actually looks like. I'm on a slow connection and gave up trying to load it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5417479].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wrongnumber
      Originally Posted by Mr Lim View Post

      Always start your bidding price at $1.
      Just did that!...

      Originally Posted by Danny10 View Post

      I'm no expert in Flippa but when you read the description, it's an eyesore. My first impression is to leave the page immediately. You may have valuable information there, but if no one is willing to to read it then.......
      My opinion is, change all the font color to black and don't bold it. You may get much better results. Those 40 people would have looked at the description and got out of there as soon as possible.
      Originally Posted by Christiani View Post

      In addition to what has been mentioned, yes - just use 2 different colors at most - and don't let those colors be Pink or Purple.

      Also a nice easy to read introduction at first would be better.

      All the best.
      I thought, they were the stand out points, being a programmer and not a marketer, I was too much into technical details and achievements of the site, wanting each function to stand out, now I cant edit, since it already has 3 bids.

      Originally Posted by CPANetDirectory View Post

      Definitely agree with what has been said so far in regards to tidying up the sales text.
      That said, my experience with Flippa is that the bids don't usually start coming in until 48 to 24 hours before the auction is due to close. From looking at your listing you still have another 12 days left to wait.
      My advice would be to have a look at some of the previously sold sites on Flippa to see how they have laid out there site descriptions.
      Fingers Crossed..

      Originally Posted by Paul Brown View Post

      Hey, would agree with all the above points and definitely the timing may not be the best for you

      That being said, I would still run with it and give it some time. It's still very early in your auction.

      I tend to run mine over 7 days max, then hopefully get a few watchers, or some early low ballers.

      Another tip would be to definitely respond to any comments as more 'active' auctions attract more views.

      Finally, in the last day or two it's sometimes worth upgrading to a premium auction to get some more views.

      Cheers,
      Paul
      wondering if spending more on premium auctions, will definately make it sell... worried..

      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      With SOPA and PIPA unresolved, I have no idea of the legality of this site, so that aside, there are 12 days left of your auction. No one will bid until the last couple of days. They don't want to start a bidding war if they are interested. I always buy the "Featured" enhancement on the day before the last day of auction. It gets a lot more views.

      Couldn't see what the site actually looks like. I'm on a slow connection and gave up trying to load it.
      Thanks for the views, we are not allowing downloading of songs, it just scrapes from youtube, so it entirely depends upon youtubes, most of the songs scraped are provided legally by the youtube and has less user content.

      moreover, other omp3 sites sold for $250+, they were totally useless, this website has been entirely rewritten, with custom sitemaps, and a unique page creation tool, everytime someone searches, the song becomes a page automatically, the site has over 100,000 pages and is rising, over 50,000 pages are already in google, and getting in traffic in swarms.

      So thought the BIN price was okay, does any body wanna judge the price?

      Thanks All
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5434816].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JJPerkins
        Wow, have to agree about the hard to read description!

        I'm not an expert, but I've also just listed my first, and having done some research (after rather than before :rolleyes I think we have made some of the same mistakes.

        I've learned that a shorter listing time is better, and your title has to be really catchy.
        But I do think that you've given plenty of good info, if someone can get through it

        As to the BIN, maybe a bit high? But then my hubby has insisted that ours is way too high, "just in case".
        I suppose it's always worth a try.

        Anyway, good luck!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5434872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffster
    The biggest selling point of most sites is the revenue they generate so even though you say pics can be faked you still should provide something. Just because others fake them doesn't mean you can't provide some legit pics. If you are claiming an average revenue of $190 per month then I'd want to see some proof of that before bidding.

    Congrats on taking the plunge and getting something up there. I see you've got some bids already so I hope you get a good price for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5435066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wrongnumber
      Originally Posted by jeffster View Post

      The biggest selling point of most sites is the revenue they generate so even though you say pics can be faked you still should provide something. Just because others fake them doesn't mean you can't provide some legit pics. If you are claiming an average revenue of $190 per month then I'd want to see some proof of that before bidding.

      Congrats on taking the plunge and getting something up there. I see you've got some bids already so I hope you get a good price for it.
      well you are right, but I have been crippled by adsense, I had an account running ads on 5 of my sites, one of my sites caught the invalid click infraction, and the entire account was disabled, how should I arrange for a screen shot now?... worried... ... but if you see, the amount of traffic, that too totally targeted I do not think that that any expert would find it non achievable.

      moreover have a look here, this for me is very easy to make, and I do not believe in such proofs...

      Since I do not believe in such faking proofs, I dun want others to do the same, practising what I preach..

      Still Worried!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5435424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffster
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. It's a shame adsense are so fickle. I also had my account banned, and then reinstated. Still not sure why.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5435501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Chicas
    Dude, some people have given you some great advice on how to make your auction description look better (change to 2 colors at most, rewrite intro and some of the sales points) Yet I see you haven't taken action to do anything. What gives?

    All the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5435581].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JJPerkins
      Originally Posted by Christiani View Post

      Dude, some people have given you some great advice on how to make your auction description look better (change to 2 colors at most, rewrite intro and some of the sales points) Yet I see you haven't taken action to do anything. What gives?

      All the best.
      You can't edit your description once it's live.
      Jillian
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5435596].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Chicas
        Originally Posted by JJPerkins View Post

        You can't edit your description once it's live.
        Jillian
        That's right - If I recall correctly, once someone enters a bid it's when you can't edit the description.

        My bad, sorry for starting the bid at $1.00 :p
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5435620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shabit87
    Just a few things that have helped me:Video walkthroughPROOF PROOF & MORE PROOF, video proof works wondersTestimonials or comments from those using your site or from past buyers of your sites (just do the next time since this is your first)Comments. Encourage your interested viewers to ask questions....stick to one or two colors of your font...use bold, italics, and underline to highlight the good stuffJust these few tips I can suggest at the top of my head, but I'm positive you'll get more great ideas here on the thread :-) Good luck!P.S. Also tips on how to increase revenue and/or traffic. Also be clear on the support you'll provide to the winner. The bidder wants to feel he's making a good choice by taking a chance to invest with you (I mean your site [wink, wink])
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5435636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blillard
    Change the copy color it has to many colors on it. Like Suzanne said most will wait until the last minute to bid and buying the featured listing 24 hours before auction closes helps a lot with views. About the revenue part even if your not planning on using the same company to monetize it is always good to note that the site is making money though. Some buyers like to change the way they monetize a site after payment so I wouldn't hold that information back if I were just let them know whats going on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5436247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trustedWFhelper
    put in as many print shots of traffic and earnings.

    good luck w ur auctions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5437469].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wrongnumber
      Originally Posted by blillard View Post

      Change the copy color it has to many colors on it. Like Suzanne said most will wait until the last minute to bid and buying the featured listing 24 hours before auction closes helps a lot with views. About the revenue part even if your not planning on using the same company to monetize it is always good to note that the site is making money though. Some buyers like to change the way they monetize a site after payment so I wouldn't hold that information back if I were just let them know whats going on.
      Cant change the colors once the bidding starts...

      Originally Posted by trustedWFhelper View Post

      put in as many print shots of traffic and earnings.

      good luck w ur auctions.
      AdSense crippled me, hope the bidders will make out from the traffic...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5441007].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5471939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    here are some tips.

    - $1 start.

    - Give them proof, not fake screenshots.

    - ITs your copy!, normally the more you tell the more you sell. So that is the case here, give benefits and why your site is so good. Do not just give them features... boring. Tell them why your site did so well becaues the economy is dismal yada yada yada..hope that helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5472529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author poweronics
    First bid is not always confirmed in first auction.
    Signature

    Your Freelance Marketplace !!!
    Selling PR-2 links at www.poweronics.com
    Brand naming/Slogan writing services at poweronics.com/brandnames-slogans.html

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5472637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RySpencer
    You will start to see more action once the listing gets into it's last day.
    People tend to sort by "ending soon" to see if there are deals people are missing. You also need to be on top of the bids. When someone sees bids pending, they may think the auction holder is not paying attention to the bidding.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hlatky
    How much were you expecting?

    You provide no financial data and the majority of the people that find your site via Google are looking for a different site!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5489845].message }}

Trending Topics