Building List from Free WSO? Is it worth it?

27 replies
HI - Question to experienced Internet marketers...i've read about list building in the past so i know about it a little - ive been looking on the warrior special offers and see some marketers giving a "WSO" for free to build a list...is this a good way to build a list by giving a wso free? Cost effective? How many emails can you get per ad?

sorry for the long "newbie" question

Tee
#building #free #list #worth #wso
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    It depends on your offer. What type of list do you want to build? If it's for MMO stuff you should do okay. But remember, many people who buy WSOs are already on dozens of lists. And just because you offer a "free" WSO doesn't guarantee you'll get a lot of subscribers. You still need to make the WSO exciting and give your subs value or they'll opt out just as fast as they opted in. Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445273].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author James Foster
    A free WSO needs to be just as good as a paid WSO to get a lot of subscribers....

    So just make a product and sell it (instead of giving it away for free).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445302].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vickybabe
      I agree, i tend to want a $9 product rather than a free one. In case you don't know when you put up a wso through warriorplus or jvzoo you have the option of all the buying paypal email adys getting added to your list. Very powerful
      Signature
      Free Wso: Watch As We Rank A Video On The First Page In 4 Minutes Flat - Get Access Here
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    it'll be a great thing to build a list whether it's from free or paid wSo in my opinion, as long as you can give value to your customers, they'll know you and they'll buy from you.
    Signature

    For best hostel in malang https://bedpackers.com & good crypto stock blog : https://1lot.org

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GeorgR.
    What can be better than having a list of people from WF who are interested in WSOs? I can see that being a very good list.
    Signature
    *** Affiliate Site Quick --> The Fastest & Easiest Way to Make Affiliate Sites!<--
    -> VISIT www.1UP-SEO.com *** <- Internet Marketing, SEO Tips, Reviews & More!! ***
    *** HIGH QUALITY CONTENT CREATION +++ Manual Article Spinning (Thread Here) ***
    Content Creation, Blogging, Articles, Converting Sales Copy, Reviews, Ebooks, Rewrites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445367].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gengis
      Originally Posted by James Foster View Post

      A free WSO needs to be just as good as a paid WSO to get a lot of subscribers....

      So just make a product and sell it (instead of giving it away for free).
      James great point!

      Originally Posted by teemoney View Post

      HI - Question to experienced Internet marketers...i've read about list building in the past so i know about it a little - ive been looking on the warrior special offers and see some marketers giving a "WSO" for free to build a list...is this a good way to build a list by giving a wso free? Cost effective? How many emails can you get per ad?

      sorry for the long "newbie" question

      Tee
      Tee i would take James's advice, just sell your wso.

      Originally Posted by GeorgR. View Post

      What can be better than having a list of people from WF who are interested in WSOs? I can see that being a very good list.
      Truth!
      Signature
      My Craigslist Arbitrage Method Of Making Money On Demand -->

      http://www.warriorplus.com/w/v/f2fwlp
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445407].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rony Ronch
    The best way is to try it yourself, Try to combine a free product with a special ofer to a paid product
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrinternational
    It is a strategy that some use, It doesn't mean that its is fool proof or that it will work for you or your niche. You may have heard this before "a small list of buyers is better than any large list of freebie seekers". It is very true, even if the product price is $1 psychologically it implies that you are over coming the skepticism of the buyer, furthermore you have passed that barrier and converted into a sale. If you over deliver on your product you can then sell to this same buyer multiple times as you have their complete trust.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445380].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    This what I would do and have done in the past.

    Offer a high quality free Wso, say that you are offering it for free to gain some reviews!

    And It's free for a limited time only and that you plan on charging a fee soon.

    Later when you get some subs and a bunch of reviews, post it as a paid Wso!

    Works.like a charm! Make sure you over deliver please..

    Remember you GIVE TO GET..

    Good luck.


    --Kal.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5445593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony W
    A lot of good points in this thread.

    I think with WSOs, you should also think about long term strategy. For example, a free WSOs would be an excellent way to "presell" a paid one that you launch next week. Just get the free subscribers onto an auto-responder sequence that presells your next WSO. That way, when you launch your paid WSO, you'll naturally get higher conversions and attract more affiliates.
    Signature
    Looking to buy Facebook accounts. PM me!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5503492].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott James
      Originally Posted by Tony W View Post

      A lot of good points in this thread.

      I think with WSOs, you should also think about long term strategy. For example, a free WSOs would be an excellent way to "presell" a paid one that you launch next week. Just get the free subscribers onto an auto-responder sequence that presells your next WSO. That way, when you launch your paid WSO, you'll naturally get higher conversions and attract more affiliates.

      Dude... That was very well said and written. Very Good!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    once you actually realise the money is in the list, and learnt how to list build properly, you who outlook on life and business will change.

    Why do you think the big guns grow their list to hundreds of thousands of people, even in the millions. Do you think they are doing it for fun.

    Nope they know they can send one email and reach hundreds of thousands of people, and get eyeballs to their site, and turn those eyeballs on site to money. KA-CHING! Need I really say any more. You sort of answered your own question in a way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5503854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IM Leauge
    I would have to say its not worth building a free WSO to build a list. Here's why. People on your list are not proven buyers. Doing a Free WSO means free be seekers. The warrior forum is where buyers are.

    A buyers list is way more valuable then a free be list. If you do build a free subscriber list. You will have build a buyers list anyway. So why not just build a buyer list in the first place. Hope this helps you out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5503901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Scott James
      I agree totally with IM Leauge. Your going to have to create a report or video to give away anyhow, you may as well charge a little for it and qualify people to be on your list.

      Lee Cole has a great WSO all about list building using the WF.

      WSO Affiliate Gold
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5503922].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author itrend
        Are you new to IM, of just building list?
        If you're new to IM then is not wise to build a list from WF.

        Remember that building a list of Internet Marketers, you will have to be a leader.
        They will subscribe to your list because you will show them something new, help them in their business etc.
        What's in it for them, by becoming part of your list?

        If you got something what we all want, then by all means, build a list from Warrior Members.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5503986].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author teemoney
          Originally Posted by itrend View Post

          Are you new to IM, of just building list?
          If you're new to IM then is not wise to build a list from WF.

          Remember that building a list of Internet Marketers, you will have to be a leader.
          They will subscribe to your list because you will show them something new, help them in their business etc.
          What's in it for them, by becoming part of your list?

          If you got something what we all want, then by all means, build a list from Warrior Members.
          Hey buddy, I'm new to IM but I've been in sales for years, I've done some email marketing in my first job so I do have some experience I would say.

          Tee
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
    Free WSO (make it truly valuable, not a throwaway or rehashed) + OTO with a very low price tag. That's probably the best way to do this. Then you get the numbers and add some buyers at the same time. And if you get enough OTO buyers, the cost of the WSO is covered, so you can bump and/or repeat with a new giveaway + OTO offer later.

    John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5503956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joey Babbs
      Originally Posted by Zeus66 View Post

      Free WSO (make it truly valuable, not a throwaway or rehashed) + OTO with a very low price tag. That's probably the best way to do this. Then you get the numbers and add some buyers at the same time. And if you get enough OTO buyers, the cost of the WSO is covered, so you can bump and/or repeat with a new giveaway + OTO offer later.

      John
      I agree...in fact...instead of a free WSO washed up old ebook....if you can give away a free service....of some sort...then you are going to get thousands of leads
      Signature


      I MADE OVER $3,000,000 ON CPA LAST YEAR

      CLICK HERE & SEE MY EXACT CAMPAIGNS!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5503988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    not sure if building a free list is worth it but it was worth it to build a list of close to 10,000 wso buyers selling low priced front end products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lo
    Great thread! I have learned that not only is the money in your list BUT more money is in the relationships you establish with your list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    Originally Posted by teemoney View Post

    HI - Question to experienced Internet marketers...i've read about list building in the past so i know about it a little - ive been looking on the warrior special offers and see some marketers giving a "WSO" for free to build a list...is this a good way to build a list by giving a wso free? Cost effective? How many emails can you get per ad?

    sorry for the long "newbie" question

    Tee
    As a newbie, what will your wso be about? I'd recommend learning more yourself first and building up a decent reputation. . No offense, but if you're a newbie what can we expect to learn from your wso?
    Signature

    Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504153].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author teemoney
      Originally Posted by eljeffe77 View Post

      As a newbie, what will your wso be about? I'd recommend learning more yourself first and building up a decent reputation. . No offense, but if you're a newbie what can we expect to learn from your wso?
      I may be a newbie in to online marketing but I have 15 years sales experience

      but you are right about the reputation - I agree man! That's why I'm trying to learn online marketing now.

      Tee
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FreeMeal
    Maybe give it away in the War Room instead. At least you they are "buyers" because they paid to join the War Room.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504349].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author teemoney
      Originally Posted by FreeMeal View Post

      Maybe give it away in the War Room instead. At least you they are "buyers" because they paid to join the War Room.
      What's the benefit in that?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Spartan480
    I'm in a coaching membership and on this subject it was mentioned that it's better to charge at least a dollar or two instead of giving it away for free because most people will not put any value into something if it's free and you'll end up with a list of opportunity seekers instead of buyers. So by at least charging a small fee, you get a list of BUYERS which is what you want. Get them used to paying something so they'll pay again when you release a bigger product worth more. Just my 2 cents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danlew
    Yes it will be worth, but depends on how you attract your customers there. Your WSO must be something that is very "exciting" and "thrilling" to your customers. It's all about creativity man.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    I will take a freebie seekers list any day of the week.

    Marketing is what gets the freebie seeker to the cap page. Once you get them to the cap, it is time to step away from the marketing and become a sales person.

    I have no numbers to throw around as fact but we all know there is a pretty decent size failure rate in IM.

    Now some of those fail because they never get the marketing side of internet marketing. They never learn how to get their site noticed .. how to get traffic to it. I doubt they are in the majority.

    On the other side of internet marketing is the seller.

    This is where the majority of the failure rate resides. Many go for the kill too soon, never learning to instill desire with a pre-sell. The biggest problem doesn't come from the over eager but those who are afraid to sell.

    When we run the streets, we have someone who is very good at getting in the door. Once inside they warm the prospect. Then enters the closer. In online marketing, the majority of us must learn to be both door opener and closer.

    Build a list of freebies, don't be afraid to sell to them. It is good to build a relationship but it is very possible to add quality content to every email you send and sale to the person at the same time.

    I would hope the product or service you are pitching is of high enough quality that you would not be ashamed to offer it.

    My buyers list will get more free stuff from me than the freebie list. They have proved they are ready to go forward .. reward that commitment.

    Your level of excellence in sales will determine if a freebie list is worth it. The money is only in the list if you know how to get it out of it.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5504604].message }}

Trending Topics