I think I am decent at writing, but I feel like I'm missing something out with all this talk around how an autoresponder email should be written. Is there something special, magical or <insert descriptive word here> that you do to achieve good results with your emails?
So here is what I've learned so far :
1. Put a link in each email at the end of which (preferably your website) they will find something useful, so that you can built more trust and get them used to clicking on your links.
2. Always send them what you've promised, and when you've promised.
3. Sometimes recommend a product for which you're not an affiliate (should you mention you're not affiliate with that product?).
4. Offer lots of value.
5. Make them open your emails by not revealing the whole story in one email or announce at the end of it that you'll talk about something interesting in the next one.
6. Offer a free pdf/report which is the simpler version of the product you want to promote, in exchange for their email address. At the end of it, mention the product you promote, give them a link to your review page. The idea is that the free pdf should be a good way to solve them a problem, but the promoted product will significantly reduce their time/effort involved solving the issue.Some of them are on the administrative side, some on the writing side. Feel free to add anything you know it works.