Domains,Minisites,Monetisation

by pow999
32 replies
hi i m pretty new to IM.

My Strengths:
a. have 1500+ domain names (currently parked)
b. Been reading thru WF for couple of months and have learned a lot.
c. $5k budget
d. Hosting account in place.

I want to start monetizing them. Would MiniSites be the right option? Also looking for a proven, experienced IM'er who can help on the above. Will send you the names list out of which we initially develop about 500 sites to begin with.

My aim is to start making about $10k/month. Any suggestions? thanks
#domains #minisites #monetisation
  • Profile picture of the author Domainate
    Your best bet would probably be to figure out the best ones for SEO (significant search x CPC, low SEO competition) and put blogs on them and work on getting traffic to them and making revenue with them. Chances are most kinds of minisites aren't doing so hot since the Panda updates as many of them would use scraped content, but some other Warriors may be able to help answer that.

    Just goes to show the state of the parking industry when you say you have 1500+ domains parked and you "want to start monetizing them" - parking used to be good monetization 5+ short years ago. :/
    Signature
    ===> COMING SOON: The Ultimate Guide to Finding the Perfect Domain. ***PM for details***
    Want to make a living with domains? Domain Boot Camp Online coming soon!
    Join the Doma.in Newsletter for special domain sales and free domain training!
    >> Have a list? Deliver more through our Listcast service or clean it to please your autoresponder with ELC.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5453548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theysawgold
    1500+ domains!!!??? Crazy...use what you can for your own domains and Flippa the rest after you add content to them for maximum value (aka more money in your pocket).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pow999
    yup. on a good month i make 500+ on parking. otherwise its between $300-$400. i also have about 300 geo names with keywords like insurance,autoloan,lawyer,attorneys, healthinsurance, healthcare, recovery, treatment etc...

    more than flipping names, my target is to start monetising them. yup the good old days of making "good" money from parking are long gone.

    any more suggestions warriors? thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5454846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Miguelito203
    Originally Posted by pow999 View Post

    hi i m pretty new to IM.

    My Strengths:
    a. have 1500+ domain names (currently parked)
    b. Been reading thru WF for couple of months and have learned a lot.
    c. $5k budget
    d. Hosting account in place.

    I want to start monetizing them. Would MiniSites be the right option? Also looking for a proven, experienced IM'er who can help on the above. Will send you the names list out of which we initially develop about 500 sites to begin with.

    My aim is to start making about $10k/month. Any suggestions? thanks
    The type of site you create has a lot to do with the profitability of the niche and if it's one you like and plan to stay in for a while. You don't need a lot of domains to make good money online. It only takes one. If you were to, for instance, go into the dating niche, you could pull down that kind of money over time just because the niche is so large. Also, you shouldn't just go around buying up domains. You should do your research first. Unless you're planning on doing paid advertising, having a big budget doesn't mean much -- unless you plan to outsource some of the work associated with your sites and such.

    Good luck,
    Joey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5455130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pow999
      Originally Posted by Miguelito203 View Post

      The type of site you create has a lot to do with the profitability of the niche and if it's one you like and plan to stay in for a while. You don't need a lot of domains to make good money online. It only takes one. If you were to, for instance, go into the dating niche, you could pull down that kind of money over time just because the niche is so large. Also, you shouldn't just go around buying up domains. You should do your research first. Unless you're planning on doing paid advertising, having a big budget doesn't mean much -- unless you plan to outsource some of the work associated with your sites and such.

      Good luck,
      Joey
      thank u for the taking time to post ur comment/suggestion.

      I have been selling names gradually to pay for renewals to keep others. i m down to 1700 names from about 2500. I intend to go with the minisites option and see how it goes. plan to set up 500 initially and see how it goes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5455778].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nadim Hussain
        I own a number of niche sites (and am a reformed domain addict) and would suggest that you have a good few years worth of work ahead of you, with the chance of making some good money if you have a good system in place.

        I would suggest taking a small number of domains and start with doing some keyword research. This is the wrong way round to how I would normally do it but no choice seeing as you already own the domains. Once you have some good keywords (good search volume, reasonable competition, showing intention to buy etc.) then you can start creating content optimised for those keywords and driving traffic to the sites.

        You also have a significant number of the geo/niche type domains which could be built up and leased out without a lot of difficulty.

        I appreciate that I've given you a very simplistic overview so feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

        Regards,

        Nadim.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simply AJ
    Minisites as the right option? Centainly.

    Although there are other methodologys, minisites selling a kick-ass high quality informational product certainly do make money and it's a good strategy for making money online.

    The key really is in the quality of your main product (and) your back end product(s), if you have a quality product that sells itself: it's quick, simple and managable to create, promote, launch, promote and profit sensible figures from each campeign.

    AJ*
    Signature

    Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren't very new at all.
    {Abraham Lincon}

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pow999
    thank u all for your suggestions. any recommendations of who i can outsource to build the 500 mini sites cost effectively (someone with proven record)? thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author richblogs
      Out of curiosity - how much did you invest in 1500 domain names?

      Do you have any rules? E.g. restricted to .com, target niches, or anything?

      Do your parked domains rank? Or do you rely on direct traffic?
      Signature
      A journal of making money online.
      Make Money Online | Rich Blogs (http://richblogs.com)
      Chart my successes and failures of trying to earn my income online.


      Keep in touch: @RichBlogsDotCom or Facebook
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456503].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pow999
        Originally Posted by richblogs View Post

        Out of curiosity - how much did you invest in 1500 domain names?

        Do you have any rules? E.g. restricted to .com, target niches, or anything?

        Do your parked domains rank? Or do you rely on direct traffic?
        built the portfolio over 6 years. geo names are more recent over the past year. covers almost all of the popular niches and popular keywords. no ranking on parked names.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456588].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author aigbeforum
      good post, 1500 domain is nice, but if you want to make good money online, you don't need too much domain
      just get the important ones and flip the others.
      building your sites depend on what you wants to market online.
      if you have your own ebook or services to market, you can go for the minisite, but if not, but affiliate marketing, just build a blog site and make money from adsense and products review.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TKay1
    Start off by using the domains that are getting the most monthly traffic. Find out what search phrases your domains are getting traffic from. Optimize for these. Build simple 3-4 page sites with original content. Outsource the content writing if you don't feel like doing that yourself. Find suitable clickbank/affiliate/amazon offers and promote them.

    Since you're domains are all old and (i assume) indexed, you will see a significant SERP boost with a rather small backlinking effort. Find some good gigs on fiverr or do it yourself if you have the time.

    You should be able to get up at least a few hundred sites with a $5000 budget, doing this. Which would start giving you a passive income steam...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5456703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pow999
    Have placed order for 25 mini sites. Let's see how it goes. Want to test before giving someone to develop 500 mini sites at once. Finding the right person is important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author casualcom
      Originally Posted by pow999 View Post

      Have placed order for 25 mini sites. Let's see how it goes. Want to test before giving someone to develop 500 mini sites at once. Finding the right person is important.
      Picking the right domains is also important. Some domains are more suitable for development than others. Send me your list and I'll give you my opinion, free of course. I might make some offers on some of them too.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5457781].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author pow999
        Originally Posted by casualcom View Post

        Picking the right domains is also important. Some domains are more suitable for development than others. Send me your list and I'll give you my opinion, free of course. I might make some offers on some of them too.
        pm sent. thanks
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5461846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pow999
    how do i intend on reaching my goal of $10,000/month. Option i have chosen is build 1000 mini sites and each making $10/month. Ofcourse it requires investment which i am ready with and i already own domain names which makes it easier. It's not like i am starting with $0.

    Any suggestions warriors? have i chosen the right option? IS my GOAL realistic and achievable?thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ralchevd
    You can have 10,000 if you want, but if they are crap, you will never monetize them. It is better to have 3 quality domains rather than 1500 poor ones.

    So, please, define "have 1500+ domain names".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462531].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pow999
      Originally Posted by ralchevd View Post

      You can have 10,000 if you want, but if they are crap, you will never monetize them. It is better to have 3 quality domains rather than 1500 poor ones.

      So, please, define "have 1500+ domain names".
      out of about 1700 names i have about 9 .info names (all 3 letters) two .org (3 letters) and the rest are all .com's. have been domaining for 6-7 years having bought and sold names for upto $25k. Since parking has dwindled so badly over the years, have decided to monetise the names so i can pay for renewals and also make a decent profit and not sell names to pay for renewals to keep the portfolio.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Garish Wasil
    There are tons of ways you can monetize those domains. Building a mini site on them may work work, but I always select a keyword nd then buy an exact match domain on that. But you have already bought the domains, so this path can be little difficult for you to monetize (but not too)

    Moreover, as you have a lot of local keywords domain, you can profit really well, if you work out the right way. This is the era of Dominating Local market

    thank u all for your suggestions. any recommendations of who i can outsource to build the 500 mini sites cost effectively (someone with proven record)? thanks
    Pm me for that
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462745].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pow999
      Originally Posted by garish View Post

      There are tons of ways you can monetize those domains. Building a mini site on them may work work, but I always select a keyword nd then buy an exact match domain on that. But you have already bought the domains, so this path can be little difficult for you to monetize (but not too)

      Moreover, as you have a lot of local keywords domain, you can profit really well, if you work out the right way. This is the era of Dominating Local market



      Pm me for that
      open to multiple options for monetisation. pm sent
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5464301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pow999
    placed order for 100 mini sites. intend to have all 500 up in 2 months. busy 2 months ahead.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5469460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrashImpact
    Originally Posted by pow999 View Post

    hi i m pretty new to IM.

    My Strengths:
    a. have 1500+ domain names (currently parked)
    b. Been reading thru WF for couple of months and have learned a lot.
    c. $5k budget
    d. Hosting account in place.

    I want to start monetizing them. Would MiniSites be the right option? Also looking for a proven, experienced IM'er who can help on the above. Will send you the names list out of which we initially develop about 500 sites to begin with.

    My aim is to start making about $10k/month. Any suggestions? thanks
    Pow,

    You have everything you need in place...and your on the right track for sure.
    You can monetize mini sites with

    Adsense
    Exclusive Advertising
    Your own $7 product

    the list is endless...but those are my top 3 I Use.

    Everything you can possibly need, including how to hire a Sales super star to do some of the selling for you is in my signature for "The Ultimate WSO" go through the threads and look at the reviews... I am happy to help, and if you need further coaching and or assistance i can help with that as well.

    There is no way you are going to need anywhere near the $5k you have set aside to get started... This model just does not require that kind of start up capital...

    In addition for some of the few coaching students i have taken on, i hand out my SEO Team information and you get the same pricing I do.

    Hope that helps... If you need anything at all please feel free to shoot me a PM any time...
    Regards,
    Robert
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5470354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pow999
      Originally Posted by BrashImpact View Post

      Pow,

      You have everything you need in place...and your on the right track for sure.
      You can monetize mini sites with

      Adsense
      Exclusive Advertising
      Your own $7 product

      the list is endless...but those are my top 3 I Use.

      Everything you can possibly need, including how to hire a Sales super star to do some of the selling for you is in my signature for "The Ultimate WSO" go through the threads and look at the reviews... I am happy to help, and if you need further coaching and or assistance i can help with that as well.

      There is no way you are going to need anywhere near the $5k you have set aside to get started... This model just does not require that kind of start up capital...

      In addition for some of the few coaching students i have taken on, i hand out my SEO Team information and you get the same pricing I do.

      Hope that helps... If you need anything at all please feel free to shoot me a PM any time...
      Regards,
      Robert
      thanks robert. have purchased the WSO. transaction# 7RR65552L0912731K will go through and touch base once done.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5472299].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BrashImpact
        Originally Posted by pow999 View Post

        thanks robert. have purchased the WSO. transaction# 7RR65552L0912731K will go through and touch base once done.
        Pow999,
        Once you get done reviewing the WSO, please use skype and contact me. The info is in the WSO. Lets get you rolling. Happy to help you get on track and start earning. Have a Fabulous Day. Looking forward to talking to you.
        Regards,
        Robert
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5473492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author casualcom
    I tried to respond via PM but I don't have enough posts yet.

    And what keywords are you targeting with each of these sites? The problem I see is that the "exact match" keywords for these domains don't receive any significant search volume according to the Google Adwords Tool. Even if you rank 1st in Google for these keywords, there's likely not much of a traffic payoff.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5473494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mindz
    yo . lol i want to ask one thing ! and one thing only . Sell me some domain names for cheap pimping . I would love you like a brother afterward !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5473516].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author timbarker
    Banned
    Are these domains target specific keywords? Are these domains exact match keywords? Are these brandable domains? There's a lots of ways to monetize domain names and websites. If it's an EMD and have decent CPC, you can create micro niche sites. If it's a brandable domains, you can keep them for years and flip them for hundreds of $$$. Just analyze the potential of each domains and you'll learn how to monetize them correctly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5473542].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pow999
      Originally Posted by timbarker View Post

      Are these domains target specific keywords? Are these domains exact match keywords? Are these brandable domains? There's a lots of ways to monetize domain names and websites. If it's an EMD and have decent CPC, you can create micro niche sites. If it's a brandable domains, you can keep them for years and flip them for hundreds of $$$. Just analyze the potential of each domains and you'll learn how to monetize them correctly.
      hi tim the portfolio covers all popular categories and sector(s). Geo Names have been targeted towards high CPC words like lawyers, attorney, cordblood, insurance, mortgage, refinance, remortgage, recovery, healthcare, homeloan, treatment, cancer etc.. in one popular niche i have 40 (US)states (state + keyword.com). thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5473777].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nexstair
    Yes, select niche and diversify investment.Dont put all your eggs in one basket!!!


    Originally Posted by pow999 View Post

    hi i m pretty new to IM.

    My Strengths:
    a. have 1500+ domain names (currently parked)
    b. Been reading thru WF for couple of months and have learned a lot.
    c. $5k budget
    d. Hosting account in place.

    I want to start monetizing them. Would MiniSites be the right option? Also looking for a proven, experienced IM'er who can help on the above. Will send you the names list out of which we initially develop about 500 sites to begin with.

    My aim is to start making about $10k/month. Any suggestions? thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5473822].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pow999
      Originally Posted by Nexstair View Post

      Yes, select niche and diversify investment.Dont put all your eggs in one basket!!!
      yes i have a diversified portfolio and now am developing 500 domains. thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5474546].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iloveteddybear
    You earn $300-$400 just by parking them? Wow...you have a great potential!
    Signature

    Check Out This Review Site ReviewLegit.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5474575].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author pow999
      Originally Posted by iloveteddybear View Post

      You earn $300-$400 just by parking them? Wow...you have a great potential!
      thanks. during the parking "Hay Days" i went upto $5000/month. Things have changed drastically since then.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5475107].message }}

Trending Topics