Approaching my breaking point

45 replies
Sometimes you have to be pushed deep into a corner..until you're finally forced to make a choice between fight or flight. I think tonight, it has finally hit me.

I'm frustrated. I have a loan payment due on the 5th, as well as my job laid me off for the time being due to ramping down. I have a limited amount of money to my name. I'm tired of this, and realize just how long I've been in love with the idea of freedom, but not willing to pay the price.

Seems like I have no choice now.

I wish I can say, 'I don't know what to do', but I'd be lying. I have skills that I can monetize, however in terms of clients, a cold call approach is something I always figured and know that works very fast, but never did it because I was scared. Plain and simple. As a result, I never monetized my skills. I know what I have to do. Maybe this is all happening for a reason.

So, as I get pushed deeper into this corner, I can finally say I'm letting go of my fears, excuses, and diving right in, because I know success is inevitable to those who go after it. I have no choice but to succeed.

After all, diamonds are created under great pressure.

Thanks for listening if you stopped by.
#approaching #breaking #point
  • Profile picture of the author Global Warrior
    Its probably true to say that a lot of us have been there. Hang in there :-)

    If one's path to IM was a NEED to make money, its probably going to take longer to succeed than if one WANTS to make money. The difference is, when people have a NEED, they will take short cuts and buy into the dream and hope that with a purchase of a GRQ BS software, they will be on their way to financial freedom... only to find out that they have just given away their money for no return.

    On the other hand, if you WANT to make a little extra cash, you will put in the time to learn the skills and the drills, because ultimately, its the education that pay off. The education will equip you with principals that you can then adopt and modify to work in individual circumstances.

    It amazes me that the reality of life is that it takes 3-4 years at university or college to get a degree that then allows you job hunt and hopefully get employed whereas on the opposite side of the coin, there's a feeling that people can just turn to the internet and make a million overnight. No training, no education, no experience.

    Whichever path has been chosen to get on the IM band wagon, both can lead to a point of despair because success NEVER happens as fast as we would like it to, but if you stay on the right path, it will happen eventually.

    Good luck with your particular predicament, as the above has been general rather than aimed at you and i hope you take it that way :-)

    I hope it works out for you.

    All the best

    GW
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DianaHeuser
    Nate,

    When you are staring into the abyss, and your life is total crap - you have two choices: Give up or change it.

    Do everything you know you need to do to change it. You already have the skills, the knowledge and the power.

    Now you just need to get white-hot focused on getting it done. No more excuses.

    Make those calls.

    From someone has looked into the abyss one too many times in her life.

    Di
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462065].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BrashImpact
      Nate,
      we feel your pain...Why? At one point or another in life we have all been there and those who would say otherwise would be lying.

      Just remember... "TAKE MASSIVE ACTION" Do this for 14 hours a day... stay off the WF - Stay out of Non revenue producing activity and
      DO WHATEVER IT TAKES... You can make this happen...Remember we have all been there.

      Nothing worth getting comes free... Hard Work - Perseverance - Skillz and a little Luck...

      If you need Money now... Go out and hit the streets like a wild man...Look for 100 Rejections on Monday...if you hit that goal, You made some money my friend.... Hang in there...and Keep your Head High...

      Regards,
      Robert

      P.S. - We have all Been There.. Your Not Alone
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462082].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tabithanaylor
        Originally Posted by BrashImpact View Post

        Nate,
        we feel your pain...Why? At one point or another in life we have all been there and those who would say otherwise would be lying.

        Just remember... "TAKE MASSIVE ACTION" Do this for 14 hours a day... stay off the WF - Stay out of Non revenue producing activity and
        DO WHATEVER IT TAKES... You can make this happen...Remember we have all been there.

        Nothing worth getting comes free... Hard Work - Perseverance - Skillz and a little Luck...

        If you need Money now... Go out and hit the streets like a wild man...Look for 100 Rejections on Monday...if you hit that goal, You made some money my friend.... Hang in there...and Keep your Head High...

        Regards,
        Robert

        P.S. - We have all Been There.. Your Not Alone
        Couldn't agree with this more - we all have been in your shoes. I started an internet based marketing consulting company in 10/2009 because I was sick of living paychck-to-paycheck at my J-O-B. An unexpected car repair bill would've killed me because money was so tight.

        By May 2010 (yep, 6 months later), I quit that same J-O-B and started doing consulting work on a full time basis. Last year I made the most money I've made in my life - well into the six figures. Now don't get me wrong. It wasn't a cakewalk: I put in plenty of 60-70 workweeks and at times was a hermit. I would go months without seeing family or friends. But the sacrifices then have paid off big-time now. I don't have to worry about unexpected bills anymore. I work hard at my business and of all things, am thinking about scalability and diversifying. If you would've asked me a year ago where I would be today with this, I never would've imagined this.

        I'm getting ready to change some of my product offerings for my primary business to increase profitability and am in the midst of hiring help (never thought I would be hiring people to work for me!). With the free time I'll have once everyone is up and running, I'll be able to truly focus on internet marketing as an additional revenue stream.

        My advice to you is this: know what you want and stop at nothing to make it happen. When the going gets tough on this journey you're about to embark upon, don't be one of the ones who "gets going." Most of the time we end up giving up right before we hit success. Tenacity and a steadfast approach will open up doors for you that you likely never dreamed possible. So stick with it, work hard - and we'll all be looking to hear your success stories soon! =)
        Signature

        Kicking a$$ in 2019!
        Tabitha Jean Naylor
        TabithaNaylor.com
        WEcanmag.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5490075].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steve McBride
          Originally Posted by tabithanaylor View Post

          ...in the midst of hiring help (never thought I would be hiring people to work for me!).
          I remember the first time I paid someone online to do some work for me that I didn't want to spend time doing myself. It was such a wake up call! I'm in the same boat, never thought I would have people working for me. Such a weird and cool feeling at the same time, haha.

          -Steve
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5490614].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author natethegreat7037
            Hey guys! Just another update, since it's the weekend, I had a chance to dally in some other tasks while most business owners are at home. I decided to play around with online marketing some more in my spare time last night and something awesome happened..

            I got a clickbank sale the same day! I'm a bit ecstatic, and wasn't sure how the results would work out, but it did! I took note of every single thing (no matter how small) I did. Hopefully I can model this down and make a system out of it.

            I'm going to try and update you guys as much as I can, as I continue my efforts to make a decent living.
            Signature

            Success leaves clues.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5510802].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
              Originally Posted by natethegreat7037 View Post

              Hey guys! Just another update, since it's the weekend, I had a chance to dally in some other tasks while most business owners are at home. I decided to play around with online marketing some more in my spare time last night and something awesome happened..

              I got a clickbank sale the same day! I'm a bit ecstatic, and wasn't sure how the results would work out, but it did! I took note of every single thing (no matter how small) I did. Hopefully I can model this down and make a system out of it.

              I'm going to try and update you guys as much as I can, as I continue my efforts to make a decent living.

              That is fantastic, Nate! Hopefully this is just the start of many great things to come for you. Make sure you develop a solid business plan before you go ahead and increase your level of operations.

              Stick to the basics, stay focused and more importantly, do not give up. IM is not always kind to you in the short run, but with hard work and determination, there is no option but success in the long run
              Signature

              >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5510832].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tony Marriott
      These decision times are the big steps in life. I can see that every time I made a major change/decision in my life it ramped up in huge step. In between things just plod on or, if your lucky, rise gently.

      But it is the big decision moments that create the greatest improvements in your life.


      I've been lucky and fairly successful in my day job but every few years I get fed up and in a rut, make major decision on change and that big step happened again.


      Until three years ago when I had what I thought was heart attack one morning. Rushed to hospital and scared the hell out of me. Turned out my heart was fine but my gall bladder had to come out and in that short time I made my biggest decision in my to quit the day job.


      I moved here to Greece and decided the "online business" was for me.


      I wouldn't say it was all plain sailing but when you make the decision and take the action you can achieve anything (especially when you have to).


      Your situation sounds like one of those times when you simply have to make the decision and take the action, you have no other (good) choice.


      Take control of your own life.


      The very best of luck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462102].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamuelUherek
    I believe that many of famous IM started this way. They didn't have another option just to win the game. Then you begin to do things you never did before because there was no force that would make you do it.

    This is a big shift for you. I hope you can do it and really get the freedom you've been dreaming of. Just one more advice if I may, decide what you want to achieve so that you don't spend days and days skipping from one thing to another. Spend a day to decide what your goal is and focus on that. When you have to make that money, you will see how everything is connected and clear.

    To your success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BloggingPro
    Originally Posted by natethegreat7037 View Post

    I have skills that I can monetize, however in terms of clients, a cold call approach is something I always figured and know that works very fast, but never did it because I was scared. Plain and simple. As a result, I never monetized my skills. I know what I have to do.
    You've talked the talk... now can you walk the walk. Here's your door. ****ing walk through it.



    I'm not hear to talk smack, but simply put, I really get tired of people talking. Less talking, more doing.

    Walk through the door. Pick u the phone and start your calls. Start selling people your skills.

    Just dive in, both feet first, and see what happens. What's the worst that will happen? Someone will tell you NO? You seem to indicate that you don't have enough cash for the loan payment. That tell's me you have absolutely nothing to lose.

    Your either going to make money or you won't. Your going to sell someone on why they NEED your services, or they will sell you on why they DON'T need them.

    Your choice. Bottom line is that the door is open. All you need to do is walk through it.
    Signature
    You're going to fail. If you're afraid of failure then you do not belong in the Internet Marketing Business. Period.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5462148].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author natethegreat7037
      Originally Posted by BloggingPro View Post

      You've talked the talk... now can you walk the walk. Here's your door. ****ing walk through it.



      I'm not hear to talk smack, but simply put, I really get tired of people talking. Less talking, more doing.

      Walk through the door. Pick u the phone and start your calls. Start selling people your skills.

      Just dive in, both feet first, and see what happens. What's the worst that will happen? Someone will tell you NO? You seem to indicate that you don't have enough cash for the loan payment. That tell's me you have absolutely nothing to lose.

      Your either going to make money or you won't. Your going to sell someone on why they NEED your services, or they will sell you on why they DON'T need them.

      Your choice. Bottom line is that the door is open. All you need to do is walk through it.
      Thanks man. I enjoy that visual. And I plan on reporting back here with some success stories.
      Signature

      Success leaves clues.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5464732].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author natethegreat7037
        Thanks for the support guys. It really does mean a lot. I will report back with some success stories, the fact I made the payment, and how I can take things to the next level.

        I appreciate everything.
        Signature

        Success leaves clues.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5464740].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jblinzy3
    Awesome! You are absolutely right! Diamonds are created under great pressure! THis is something I recently went through.. I was just reading in Proverb of the today

    Pro 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead to profit as sure as haste leads to poverty.

    You are on your way my friend!

    God Bless,
    JB
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5463656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      This may be your revealing moment...

      in love with the idea of freedom, but not willing to pay the price
      Freedom isn't found - it is EARNED.

      The first thing to do is look at the potential of reducing expenses at every level - perhaps including talking to a loan officer to see if there's a way to temporarily reduce your loan payments.

      Then work your way OUT of that corner and keep going. Good luck. I've been there...and I've done that. You can, too.

      kay
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5463693].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve McBride
    I've done door to door sales, and cold calling. I was so nervous to try either! I would work myself into a panic and eventually make myself feel sick.

    But finally I got out there and just DID IT. All the worry, all the panic, was completely pointless. Nothing bad can happen from trying. Yeah, I got a lot of NOs, especially at first. But you know what? Getting a No was almost a RELIEF! Because once I had people saying no, I realized that it's the worst thing that can happen.

    And eventually, I got a yes. Then I got more. Then I found out I could get a yes after knocking on so many doors. So my goal became to get a yes in less knocks. I started to enjoy it. It became a game! And it made me money faster than anything I had tried up to that point.

    I'd offer you luck, but you don't need it. Now get out there and come back and tell us your huge success story!

    -Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5463744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davidbatchelor
      That is very good advice and remember all you are doing is sorting and sifting.

      You need to take the pressure off yourself so that the person you are talking with doesn't pick up on it.

      If you would like to out source the appointment setting process, send me a PM as I might be able to help with that as well.

      Originally Posted by Steve McBride View Post

      I've done door to door sales, and cold calling. I was so nervous to try either! I would work myself into a panic and eventually make myself feel sick.

      But finally I got out there and just DID IT. All the worry, all the panic, was completely pointless. Nothing bad can happen from trying. Yeah, I got a lot of NOs, especially at first. But you know what? Getting a No was almost a RELIEF! Because once I had people saying no, I realized that it's the worst thing that can happen.

      And eventually, I got a yes. Then I got more. Then I found out I could get a yes after knocking on so many doors. So my goal became to get a yes in less knocks. I started to enjoy it. It became a game! And it made me money faster than anything I had tried up to that point.

      I'd offer you luck, but you don't need it. Now get out there and come back and tell us your huge success story!

      -Steve
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Copeland
    Best of luck with it man. Sounds like you have got to the point where you smack yourself upside the head and give yourself a good talking to.... a lot of us have been there... sometimes more than once - it has been in my case.

    I've gone full time and come right out the other side into J.O.B status again... it happens, and I just smacked myself in the head again and built it up again...

    Now I actually do Marketing for other companies as well as my affiliate stuff... but because it works for me and I have the skill set and enjoy it, no other reason. You'll get what you want if you work for it, it's totally your call.

    Anyway, I rambled but this was on my mind tonight so your post was timely for me... but the overwhelming point I am trying to make is

    Good Luck and Kick Some Butt!
    Signature

    Unleash Your Awesome - Pocket Ace Promotion

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476551].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Gram
    Just wanted to send some good thoughts your way and tell you to some KICK *SS. I have a feeling you will look back on your post a year from now and be able to mark it as a turning point in your business and life.

    Hang in there...and go dominate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stevet563
    Let this be part of your story when you become successful. Great story. Just think of how impressed people will be when you tell them your payment was due and you just got laid off. You knew you had to do something. There was no way to go but up. Awesome.

    You can do it. Make this your story. People in the same situation are going to want to know a way out. Figure it out for yourself and then you have knowledge that can help someone else.

    Good Luck,

    ~Charles
    Signature

    Highly skilled, professional, passionate and experienced web designer For Hire.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lori Kelly
    We've all been there. So sorry to hear you're in this situation but you can do this.

    A lot of people fear cold calling. Can you practice on a friend? It helps to talk it through - a practice run.

    You will be surprised how much easier it gets. The first phone call is frightening. Just relax. Be yourself. Have some notes in front of you, but I find it's best not to "read from a script."

    I am a believer in things happen for a reason. You might not believe that (husband doesn't) but maybe you are in this situation to push you - to succeed.

    Remember the girl who invented spanks? Okay, girlie thing but still. She designed a girdle type garment and went door to door trying to sell her product and no one bought it. You can google her and read about her success.

    That's just one success story. There are many.

    The road to success has many (failure) obstacles. You can overcome the obstacles and you will be successful. Remember that. You will succeed.
    Signature
    Learn Website Tips, How to Do Keyword Research, & How to Write Killer Content.
    Stop Wasting Time.
    Start Living Your Dream.
    Click Here NOW to Get Your Hands on
    One of the Most Valuable Ebooks Ever!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jburke81
    Keep going. It seems like when things are the worst something great will follow if we persevere.
    Signature

    Do not use affiliate links in signatures!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author warriorkay
    .
    Come to the edge, he said.
    They said: "We are afraid".
    Come to the edge, he said.
    They came.
    He pushed them...
    and they flew.


    - Christopher Logue


    You, my friend, will fly too, if you believe you can,

    Kingsley

    .
    Signature
    Kingged.com Coaching and Partnership Program
    Is The ONLY Coaching Program That Does 99% Of The Work
    TO MAKE MONEY FOR STUDENTS FROM 1ST DAY
    So they EARN while they LEARN

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476801].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KyleGolemMedia
      Originally Posted by warriorkay View Post

      .
      Come to the edge, he said.
      They said: "We are afraid".
      Come to the edge, he said.
      They came.
      He pushed them...
      and they flew.


      - Christopher Logue


      You, my friend, will fly too, if you believe you can,

      Kingsley

      .
      I love this, Kay. Thanks a bunch for the share!
      Signature
      Need Help Growing Your Audience?
      Let an experienced Marketer help! PM me with project details.
      Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KyleGolemMedia
    Hey Nate,

    You and I share the fear for Cold Calling. It's hard to say why it happens but I clam up before I even talk to the person on the other end. I'm a fairly sociable person in real life but totally understand where you're coming from. The main thing is to make sure you realize that no matter what, you have a service to provide and you value it. The person your talking to on the phone should know that or they won't buy from you. Plain and simple.

    If you work at it and find you still have problems, you should consider getting a hold of my fiverr gig. I can provide you with information about companies you wanna go after before you have to call them. A local client of mine says it makes cold calling, "warm calling." Email addresses, business owners names, social metrics Google SERP, and more. I know you're going through a tough time and this is honestly me reaching out to help! Hope I can do that for you. 5 bucks for potentially +100 email addresses to blast to with a companies ACTUAL online information. It's hard to beat.

    Let me know if I can help you in any way. These boards have done a ton for me and I wouldn't mind for a second giving back.

    Kyle
    Signature
    Need Help Growing Your Audience?
    Let an experienced Marketer help! PM me with project details.
    Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5476838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rusty1212
    Friend in order to be motivated to reach your potential sometimes you must go threw situations like this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5477271].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author natethegreat7037
      Thanks for all the support guys, I'll try and keep record on this thread as things progress.
      Signature

      Success leaves clues.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5478080].message }}
  • Originally Posted by natethegreat7037 View Post

    I can finally say I'm letting go of my fears, excuses, and diving right in, because I know success is inevitable to those who go after it.
    Great point. Stick with it and give it a full go.
    My motto is that if you give something 100% of your effort, it's impossible to fail. One way or another you will get there.

    All the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5478202].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesrich1
    You sound like a man about to change his life. I can hear the fear and courage in your statement. Cold calling can be terrifying. Put a picture or a sentence of your WHY so you can force yourself to make it happen. When I needed a quick $500 bucks I went 5 days straight collecting cans and bottles to make it happen. Good luck to you brother.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5478213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natethegreat7037
    Update: Through great fortune I was able to land a part time gig, so it looks like I'll be able to make that payment after all. However, after this ordeal, I can not in anyway feel comfortable about this, seeing as I can always be let go at any point.

    It is for this very reason that I was able to successfully make my first few cold calls! The results weren't as desired, namely being running into a lot of disconnected lines, plus I don't think I'm calling early enough, as it seems the owner is usually out. (After the calls, I had to pinch myself to make sure I was still alive because it kind of racked the nerves a bit haha) But I know the next round will get easier.

    I think tomorrow I will wake up earlier, and see if the results improve for me. Of course, any tips are welcome.

    I'm hanging in there!
    Signature

    Success leaves clues.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5489840].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve McBride
      I know exactly what you're feeling, man. Good on you for doing it anyway. Getting nervous? Make more calls. Make so many calls that it doesn't even feel real, like your'e just going through the motions. Pretend the person on the other line isn't even real, that they are just some kind of robot training partner to get you better. Stop thinking about it as trying to make money and start thinking about it as a learning process.

      It's the same process as guys trying to meet girls. The first step to get over is approach anxiety. Once approach anxiety is not an issue, you can begin to work on what you should do or say after the initial approach. So if you need to get over approach anxiety, what do you do? You go approach as many girls as possible. You're not thinking, "Is this girl going to be the one?" You're thinking, "I don't care if this girl responds the way I want her to, I'm just learning and having fun."

      It's the same with cold calling and door to door sales. Treat it like a fun learning experience. Once the nerves are gone, then you can really start working on becoming an expert sales person.

      Originally Posted by natethegreat7037 View Post

      Update: Through great fortune I was able to land a part time gig, so it looks like I'll be able to make that payment after all. However, after this ordeal, I can not in anyway feel comfortable about this, seeing as I can always be let go at any point.

      It is for this very reason that I was able to successfully make my first few cold calls! The results weren't as desired, namely being running into a lot of disconnected lines, plus I don't think I'm calling early enough, as it seems the owner is usually out. (After the calls, I had to pinch myself to make sure I was still alive because it kind of racked the nerves a bit haha) But I know the next round will get easier.

      I think tomorrow I will wake up earlier, and see if the results improve for me. Of course, any tips are welcome.

      I'm hanging in there!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5489927].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author natethegreat7037
        Originally Posted by Steve McBride View Post

        I know exactly what you're feeling, man. Good on you for doing it anyway. Getting nervous? Make more calls. Make so many calls that it doesn't even feel real, like you'e just going through the motions. Pretend the person on the other line isn't even real, that they are just some kind of robot training partner to get you better. Stop thinking about it as trying to make money and start thinking about it as a learning process.

        It's the same process as guys trying to meet girls. The first step to get over is approach anxiety. Once approach anxiety is not an issue, you can begin to work on what you should do or say after the initial approach. So if you need to get over approach anxiety, what do you do? You go approach as many girls as possible. You're not thinking, "Is this girl going to be the one?" You're thinking, "I don't care if this girl responds the way I want her to, I'm just learning and having fun."

        It's the same with cold calling and door to door sales. Treat it like a fun learning experience. Once the nerves are gone, then you can really start working on becoming an expert sales person.
        Thanks for the support and advice man, and I agree on all points. I'm going to keep plugging away until this gets easier for me. I Will keep you guys posted.
        Signature

        Success leaves clues.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5489961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author solado
    Sometimes you have to lose everything, To start earning something.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5489986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
    Banned
    If you really NEED the money like you say, you are going to need to do two things:

    1) Stop wasting your time on here. You know you have skills you can monetize then why the hell are you not doing it right now?!

    2) You have already said you are going to do this but you need to let go of everything holding you back.

    I'm very happy for you, I'm glad you have realised what you need to do. Don't let the pressure get to you.

    Do what you have to, to reach success.

    I wish you all the best and good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5490077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    Well, I guess the rest have said it all.

    I would just like to wish you Goodluck in whatever you have decided to do!

    Just remember that as long as you will do something about it and put your heart and mind into it - there is NOTHING that can stop you!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5510874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeffreys
    Hang in there mate. When you feel the world against you and no matter what you do it seems not getting better, it doesn't mean you will fail. It is just delay success.

    Your success is nearer than you thought. I wish you all the best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5510897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brendan Mace
    There's only so many times that you can be beaten down. Persistence is a necessary quality of a successful business man. Some of the most successful people on this forum (or elsewhere) have gone through difficult times. Make it happen!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5510963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natethegreat7037
    Awesome! Another clickbank sale! I want to track results for a week and see how things go, so I can hopefully get feed back from more experienced warriors. I'm just trying to do my best and stay in motion.
    Signature

    Success leaves clues.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5520149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    Congratulations! As you can see, there are many solutions for a certain problem.

    I was scared to depend only on internet marketing, but I suddenly had to because many unexpected things happened in my life.

    When you are under pressure, you remember many things you had forgotten, and you use all your skills.

    I saw that I'm having more success by providing a specific service than by selling my products. So, now I’m focusing on what the public wants, and not on what I prefer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5520334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NateRivers
    I don't know if you're still planning on doing cold calls to get consulting gigs, but one of the most helpful pieces of advice that I've ever been given was when a sales veteran pointed out to me that you just need to understand the ratios- meaning that for x number of calls, you'll book x number of appointments, and x number of your appointments will turn into sales. After that it's just a matter of hitting the numbers- and has absolutely nothing to do with you personally.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5520409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AC21DJ
    This thread was great. I definitely know what natethegreat7037 is going through. One minute you are employed and the next you are not and the whole world is falling around you. In the beginning he was in great despair and by the end here he is talking about his clickbank sales. This gives me hope because I am in the same situation minus the sales. I am starting new in this business and he has given me some hope. Thanks Nate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5520430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I want to track results for a week
      Just a caution - don't sit back to watch what happens. You've had results by APPLYING what you know. Keep doing the same thing - you can see the results in the $$$.

      You should always be tracking results and keeping an eye out for efforts that get the most attention and sales because those are things you want to repeat. But analyze as you go - not as a separate thing to do that takes time away from your online efforts.

      Good going!

      kay
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ADR2012
    Nate the Great!

    I am not at my breaking point yet, but I've been excited about making money online, starting in the beginning of January. I know how you feel kinda though. I was laid off in one position, but my company gave me the opportunity to transfer to another state to work for them. But, its that feeling of never knowing when my position will be outsourced to India again. So now I am pursuing the art of making money online just in case I lose my job again. It gets frustrating sometimes starting out, because there are so many scams and different businesses online that you don't know what or who to believe. I am following this system: Income Autopilot by Gabor Olah, and I am learning much needed information about niche marketing, affiliate marketing, etc..But I do get discouraged because I am not making any money yet. I tried to take some of the shortcuts, and they seem to not be working.. So hang in there, and REMEMBER: you have more time now to focus on making money online, which could produce more income and create a residual income for life, something that a regular 9 to 5 could not achieve. I wish you the best of luck Nate!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FrankieTP2
    I really love your attitude, Nate.

    I didn't get to the position you are at right now, but there was a turning point on which I said "Succeed or die trying". Since then, I've come a very long way.

    One thing I encourage you to do is to AVOID all distractions! Forget about facebook, turn off your cellphone and stop coming to the WF every 10 minutes (just come here during your spare time or to find answers to any question you may have). It is so easy to get distracted when you don't have anyone putting pressure on you to get things done.

    When you avoid all distractions, you get so much work done in one day! You will be surprised how quickly you can start making money when you focus all your energy and time to developing your business.

    I may have a thing or two that could help you along the way. Get in contact with me if you want/need some help.
    Signature

    I Bet My Wife I Could Make $100 Bucks In Only 3 Days...
    WITH NO PRODUCT - NO LIST - NO JV'S and NO TRAFFIC.

    Here's What Happened... Click HERE To Find Out The Results!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bushidosurfer
    Nate!

    Congrates, 2 Clickbank sales in 10 days? Cool.

    Dude, I am rooting for your unstoppable success.
    I just feel so excited for you when I read the opening post,
    I'm frustrated. I have a loan payment due on the 5th, as well as my job laid me off for the time being due to ramping down. I have a limited amount of money to my name. I'm tired of this, and realize just how long I've been in love with the idea of freedom, but not willing to pay the price.

    Seems like I have no choice now.

    I wish I can say, 'I don't know what to do', but I'd be lying. I have skills that I can monetize, however in terms of clients, a cold call approach is something I always figured and know that works very fast, but never did it because I was scared. Plain and simple. As a result, I never monetized my skills. I know what I have to do. Maybe this is all happening for a reason.
    Just read this again and you can sense the frustrations and determination to take action and succeed.

    You found the truth And as Jim Rohn says, "The Truth Will Set You Free!".

    Keep focusing on your reasons why as you move along, it will help to motivate you.
    Pay attention also on the emotions of pain (not being able to pay your debt, little money to survive), frustrations. Reasons why and painful emotions are killer combination to unavoidable success

    I've been studying successful folks for a number of years now as I too am curious what makes them (and myself - we all have some success too) tick. So far, the ultimate motivator is "failure" in life, in finances etc. This Pain is easier than using Pleasure to motivate you.

    And like what you said, "I am pushed to a corner". When you have no choice, the only way is to just ignore that fear, and just take action.

    Sharing your situations in this thread, and success will help many people succeed

    P.S. How I overcame my fear of cold calling (once I have a clear why), is just to have good knowledge of my product or service, feel confident I know I have something of great value to give, and just be open to share that. Once you have the confidence, it's contagious and your prospect can feel your emotions. You are not trying to sell them something, you are looking for a good fit - so feel free to reject the prospects - have good posture. And you will succeed. If you are doing anything online, once you have some traffic going, start building your list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sara Nightingale
    Check out elance and vworker, they are great resources for people who do have skills that can be monetized. Best of luck
    Signature

    Sara Nightingale
    Customer Service Edge LLC

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5521350].message }}

Trending Topics