I would like to share something today that I think will help many of the newcomers to the IM world. I see a lot of question by many beginners and newcomers asking for help and writing about their poor experience with this online thing.
I dabbled for quite a long to get this right myself. It did take some time to figure it out. I did all sorts of things to make this happen. I tried a lot of the latest and greatest strategies that got into my inbox everyday only to be disappointed :confused:. I do not say those didn’t work. Yap.... Many of them were mere fads, nothing else. But many of them were quite good but the problem was that I was busy focusing to too many of them at a time, thus spreading myself too thin to get them actually work for me effectively. Then I learn the biggest lessons of all.
Focus…Focus…. and Focus!!!
Just take one proven strategy and work on it until you start seeing some result from it. DO NOT. I say it again. Please DO NOT move to something else until you are done with the strategy you have in your hand now. So your question may be…. Ok..I get that we should follow just one strategy. But what is that single proven strategy that actually works??!
I will share you the single strategy that gave me my first subscriber and gradually my first $100. Now let me get this clear first. This is not some 2 click strategy…. Or it does not make you a millionaire over night nor does it going to make you the next Frank Kern or The Mike Filsaime. But this definitely can get you started on the right foot and if you are consistent enough, can give you some decent income online. I know this because it has worked for me and I see no reason that it won’t work for you. But please stick to it and work on it consistently! That’s it!
So here is the exact plan of action:
Step 1: Choose your Niche: This is one of the most crucial points of your business. Few of the criteria that you should keep in mind while you choose your niche are:
- Do you find that interesting enough to work on it for a long stretch of time? I make this the first point because I have done this mistake. I took a so called “HOT Niche” that most of the marketers advised, to later find that I had to drag myself to even write a single piece of content for it . Because the fact is that you have to spent some time with it. You have to write about it, read about it and make some research about it. Until you love that subject, it will become really really difficult for you to get yourself involved in it. So make sure that you have some kind of affinity to that market or at least you would love to know and read something about it. That actually helps! Believe me….
- Is It Profitable enough? Now this is the second most important factor while getting your niche. Suppose you like something and you are really passionate about that, but no one else on this earth is interested in that. That’s of no use. People have to be willing to invest money on that. They should be ready to take out their credit cards and buy your product. Whenever you choose a niche, make sure that there is an urgent need for it. People in that market should be desperately seeking for a solution to their problem. The more desperate they are for the solution, the more profitable it is going to be for you. Their desperate needs makes it easier to sell the solution to them, as they are already presold. You just have to get that in front of them.
- Is there enough competition in that market? Now, many may tell you that choose something that does not have any competition. But listen. You are new to this. To get into a market that is new and to make good on it may be bit difficult for you. You need to grow some skills. You need to know how to market something. You need to get good at getting traffic. You need to learn some good copy-writing skills. Without these skills, you cannot just expect to go out and earn a million with that. No…sorry to burst the bubble…but it does not work that way. If you have come across some sales letter saying that you can make some “$113,345.98 within the next week” and you can do it “without any skill”…believe me my friend, its utter nonsense!!
Basically do some research on the market. Go to the related forums on those niches. If people are talking about that, they might be interested. Go to Yahoo answers and see if people are asking question about that subject. Go to the sites like 43things.com. These are good indications of the fact that people are talking about your market and they will spend money on that.
So once you decide on your niche, what’s next?!
Step 2: Get a Squeeze Page: Buy a good domain name for your squeeze page. The best recommended is "YourName.com". Now, you do need to get some good free gift to give on your squeeze page. Go and do some research on that niche of yours. Prepare a report that solves some specific problem of the market. Try to give as much value as possible in it. Do not let the scarcity mindset to take over you. Pack in as much value as you can in that report. You do not have to write a 100 page eBook. A 25 to 30 page report will be more than enough. If you find it problematic to come up with topic to write about, go to site like the ezinearticles.com and do some reading. They have a lot of quality articles on any subject you can think of.
Read related forums and see what people are asking and what are the solutions being offered. This will give you some pretty good ideas on what to write about.
After you get the report done, just record yourself reading that report and get an audio version of it. Audacity is a very good software to get your audio recording done and the best part is- Its Free . You can also down load the trial version of Camtasia and get a video done on that. Just prepare some basic PowerPoint slides with the main points on it and read out the report along with them. That’s it. Then go to Fiverr.com and get the cool graphics done for your free gift. It will only cost you $5 to get that. These increases the perceived value of your free gift and thus get you a better conversion on your squeeze page. If you do not want to do all these, then just buy a good quality PLR that have the giveaway rights. That way you can get your free gift ready-made. After you are ready with your free gift, get an automated email service to take care of your subscribers. Aweber or Get Response are the 2 recommended ones. It will cost you some money but you will definitely need this. This will be your biggest asset in this business. Building your List of Subscribers is the best thing you can do with your online business. Model the squeeze pages of other successful marketers to structure your squeeze page. You can even get many PLR to good squeeze pages to get started asap. Keep it short and simple. Just an attention grabbing headline, a sub headline that draws them further in and few bullets point detailing the benefits, giving your visitors more reasons to sign up. Always concentrate on the benefits, not the features of your free gift. Add a simple opt-in form where you can collect the names and emails of the visitors. Also get a sequence of few auto responder messages in your mailing account that your visitors will receive once they sign in. Provide some real good value, where you also entice them to click your affiliate links and buy. Your messages should both build your credibility and also make some soft pitches to buy your affiliate products. Relationship is the key here. Gain their trust with the value you provide and they will buy from you. In your Thank You Page (the page that the visitor lands in, as soon as they subscribes), get 2 or 3 attractive banners of some good affiliate programs in your related niche. The best way is to go to Clickbank.com and find some proven high converting products related to your market. That’s it! You are now ready to get going….
Step 3: Driving Traffic to your Squeeze page: This is the main part of the whole puzzle. Here I will give you the best and the easiest of the tactics to drive traffic to your squeeze page. So the best of them, according to my experience are:
- Forum Marketing: Go to 2 or 3 related forums in your niche and provide tons of value in there. Get involved. Get alone with the forum members. Post relevant, high quality and engaging contents on it. Ask questions. Help others who are asking questions. Do some research if you need to find the answers. Do not try to go there and start spamming by getting your affiliate links everywhere. You will get banned. Give value first. You should become known there. Try to be as helpful as possible. After few posts, get a good signature link and provide the link to your squeeze page there. To get a good signature, model from those who are already successful in the forum. Modeling the successful people is the best way to go for a complete newbie to learn the required skills.
- Yahoo Answers: Go to Yahoo answers and try to get involve there. Offer solutions to those asking questions related to your market. Do your best to give them the right and relevant solutions. There you can refer them to your free gift that can provide them with more of the good tips and advises on that particular subject.
- Content Syndication: I learn this from one of my favorite marketers Kim Roach & added my own little twist to it. Do some good keyword research and find out few good one with few low competition and high search volume. I use Market samurai & Traffic Travis to help me out on this. You can get the free version of this powerful tools and use them. You can find a lot of free information on how to do this. Just go to YouTube and you will find tones of helpful videos on this (you should get habituated of being resourceful and hustle up a bit to find your answers yourself. This really comes handy). You do not need to go absolutely wild on this though. Just write 10-15 related articles targeting few good keywords. Post few of them to the top article directories & few to the top web 2.0 sites. Convert those articles in to PDF and submit those into PDF sharing sites. Again convert them into videos ( you can simply do that by using a free video capture software like Camstudio and just record PowerPoint slides on your screen) and share them on the video sharing sites like YouTube or Vimeo. If the articles are of really good quality and provide some good value, change them a bit & share them on the relevant forum in your niche. get your content to as many places as you can all over the net. And on all this various shares, have a link back to your squeeze page. You can check out Kim's post to find all the resources that you can syndicate your content to.
- Blog Commenting: Find some of the most influential blogs in your market and start commenting on them. Your only motive should be to offer or add value. This also helps to build a relationship with the blog owners who can be very helpful in your future interests. Do not just go and slap in your affiliate links there. That won’t work. Build your credibility. Spammers are the most hated section of individuals in the online world. Be aware of that!
- Solo Ads and Ezine Ads: These are the paid forms of traffic that can get you some fast traffic and thus fast results. Contacts some of the established marketers of your industry and request them to promote your squeeze page to their list or in their newsletters in exchange of some monetary benefits. Not everyone will acknowledge you. You just need few of them to get your ball rolling. Here is an important tip: The better and more valuable your free gift is, the better chances you have for other marketer to agree to promote your squeeze page.
Just remember this favorite quote of mine:
"Help people get what they want, and you will get more of what you want."
This is the most important fact you need to keep in mind. Provide as much value you can to the community. You will get back 10 times!!
Hope this helps..!!