37 replies
I was listening to an Internet Marketing podcast a few days ago. The host of the podcast mentioned that if you use Aweber, there is a higher chance that it will reach your list's inbox.

He mentioned that other autoresponders like GetResponse, Constant Contact, and etc. were known to be used by spammers. And so, they're sometimes automatically sent in the spam folder.

Is this true?

I use Imnica Mail, does that mean I have higher chances of going in the spam folder?

Can someone confirm this?
#aweber #myth
  • Profile picture of the author Simmeon
    People use aweber because its trusted, its been around for years and they know that each member on the list is going to get it as planned. Using your own system can easily get you blacklisted from email providers, its more of an assurance the the mail is sent.

    I'm not sure if the company you said has less of a change. As long at the person has opted in for the message, and play by the rules I can not see why you would be negatively impacted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513231].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aniket
    I dont think its true.
    But you know most of the email i got from imnica email server goes to spam folder.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pdrs
    I heard this as well back when I first got started. Not sure how much truth there is to it but I do notice that the aweber mails get I get from people im subscribed to always seem to make it to my inbox while other providers do sometimes end up in my spam... I'll stick with Aweber!
    Signature
    RemoteControlHelicopterReviews.(com/net) - Up for sale! No reasonable offer refused. Great branding for a super hot niche!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SUPER Louie
    I noticed that in all my optins, Aweber never goes into the spam folder, even though I sometimes delete emails from the same sender without reading it.

    Coincidence?
    Signature
    A superhero is someone who knows how to be quiet, shed a tear for a moment, then pick up his sword, and fight again!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph G Spiteri
      Would be great if someone knew what the answer was because i sure don't
      from my experience Aweber looks to be the more reliable of all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513532].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Viramara
      Originally Posted by Louie Sioco View Post

      I noticed that in all my optins, Aweber never goes into the spam folder, even though I sometimes delete emails from the same sender without reading it.

      Coincidence?
      I signed up to marketers in the past who used Aweber, GetResponse, etc in the past and there are 50% chance they got into spam folder.

      I think if you want to play safe from spam box, you should avoid the subject line that triggers the spam filters. Regardless what autoresponder you use, there's always a chance your mails get into spam.
      Signature
      Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Sieverding
    Nope, never heard it. But I would believe it. I've noticed that all the lists I am apart of, I get the aweber ones way more frequently in my inbox vs my spam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Suthan M
    Not true.

    Aweber emails have/has/will be going into spam as well, just like how other autoresponders too (as many will agree with me).. That's just how things are- no AR service can say that they have 100% deliverability rates - becouse they don't
    Remember, Aweber is just another delivery agent, the final say is with the ISPs on which email that they want to deliver to their user's account and which they don't. Same rules applies for other providers too.

    Try checking out whether the guy who made the recommendation is doing an unbiased review.

    Now, some idea on how to increase your % of going to inbox. Don't just expect your ESP provider to work out the deliverability. You gotta pull some weight too. Here's some tips:

    1. Send relevant and good content always

    2. Get your subscribers to whitelist your email (this will make it very likely your email to be always sent to their inboxes all the time)

    3. Have your unsubscribe link somewhere apparent in your emails. (Most ESPs have this on standard- but if yours dont- put them in all your outgoing emails, and provide clear instruction on how to unsubscribe. )

    4. Don't use bought/rented list.
    Signature

    Whats the latest movie you watched? Anything good?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513546].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SUPER Louie
      The podcaster isn't biased by the looks of it. But he also doesn't have any proof how he derived that conclusion.

      Thanks for the tips, I'm sure it'll help the readers.

      Originally Posted by Suthan M View Post

      Not true.

      Aweber emails have/has/will be going into spam as well, just like how other autoresponders too (as many will agree with me).. That's just how things are- no AR service can say that they have 100% deliverability rates - becouse they don't
      Remember, Aweber is just another delivery agent, the final say is with the ISPs on which email that they want to deliver to their user's account and which they don't. Same rules applies for other providers too.

      Try checking out whether the guy who made the recommendation is doing an unbiased review.

      Now, some idea on how to increase your % of going to inbox. Don't just expect your ESP provider to work out the deliverability. You gotta pull some weight too. Here's some tips:

      1. Send relevant and good content always

      2. Get your subscribers to whitelist your email (this will make it very likely your email to be always sent to their inboxes all the time)

      3. Have your unsubscribe link somewhere apparent in your emails. (Most ESPs have this on standard- but if yours dont- put them in all your outgoing emails, and provide clear instruction on how to unsubscribe. )

      4. Don't use bought/rented list.
      Signature
      A superhero is someone who knows how to be quiet, shed a tear for a moment, then pick up his sword, and fight again!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513609].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
        Hi Louie,

        As others have pointed out, the assertions being made are not accurate.

        The GetResponse delivery rate as graded by Return Path is over 99%.

        What's the source? You don't even name the podcast. How about a link to it?

        Regards,
        jim
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5518397].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SUPER Louie
          Originally Posted by JimDucharme View Post

          Hi Louie,

          As others have pointed out, the assertions being made are not accurate.

          The GetResponse delivery rate as graded by Return Path is over 99%.

          What's the source? You don't even name the podcast. How about a link to it?

          Regards,
          jim
          The name of the podcast is Internet Marketing Mogul. It's in Episode 2, starting at 35:00
          Signature
          A superhero is someone who knows how to be quiet, shed a tear for a moment, then pick up his sword, and fight again!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5526098].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
            Originally Posted by Louie Sioco View Post

            The name of the podcast is Internet Marketing Mogul. It's in Episode 2, starting at 35:00
            Thanks for the info Louie. Happy to see that you had doubts about this and sought clarification from the commmunity. Glad to see that other warriors were kind enough to dispell the myths for you. Give yourself a pat on the back...a lot of people today would just take what this guy was saying and run with it. You had doubts and did some homework.

            Regards,
            jim
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5526227].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
    There was a good thread about this which included responses from the owner of Aweber and Imnica (both Warriors).

    Good info there on both sides...

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...g-problem.html
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5513728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SUPER Louie
      Originally Posted by Alan Petersen View Post

      There was a good thread about this which included responses from the owner of Aweber and Imnica (both Warriors).

      Good info there on both sides...

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...g-problem.html
      Read everything in that thread.

      I guess that answers my question. Thanks Alan.

      I assumed Imnica would go to spam because it's free. Therefore, invites spammers in. But I guess that's not the case.
      Signature
      A superhero is someone who knows how to be quiet, shed a tear for a moment, then pick up his sword, and fight again!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5515535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    It isn't so much who owns the autoresponder system (Aweber, Get Response, Imnica) rather what you put into each of the mails you send out.

    I have tried all of them and it doesn't matter which services I use, my emails always go into the Inbox. It's maybe because I've always been consious about what I put in the email including any URL's etc...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5515657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eshapard
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      It isn't so much who owns the autoresponder system (Aweber, Get Response, Imnica) rather what you put into each of the mails you send out.

      I have tried all of them and it doesn't matter which services I use, my emails always go into the Inbox. It's maybe because I've always been consious about what I put in the email including any URL's etc...
      Have you tried them out recently???

      I'm using Imnica right now and when I send emails out as a test no matter what's in the email it goes straight to the spam folder in gmail.

      looks like gmail doesn't like imnica now. The people at imnicamail are quick to point out that ALL email services are having "issues" with gmail, but I get plenty of aweber mails in my inbox......

      It's a shame too, because Imnica's prices are so much better. :-(
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5844186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    I recently changed to GetResponse from Aweber due to problems with Aweber. Now, I know a chorus of marketers were saying Aweber used to be great for them and that GetResponse worked better once they changed. I just changed so I don't know what to say.

    Aweber's still good, I'm sure, but I'm going with Getresponse for now. It's a bit cheaper and supposed to have as good or better delivery rates by all the reviews I've heard, the last few months.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5523987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nigel Greaves
    I think all the major email services tend to get through providing the quality of the message is good enough. I can't say I've noticed any problem with people sending me emails from Imnica.

    The larger companies I believe all work closely with companies such as Google to try to avoid problems which probably explains their success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5844214].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author eshapard
      Originally Posted by Nigel Greaves View Post

      I think all the major email services tend to get through providing the quality of the message is good enough. I can't say I've noticed any problem with people sending me emails from Imnica.

      The larger companies I believe all work closely with companies such as Google to try to avoid problems which probably explains their success.
      I think you may not have read what I wrote. Sending test emails through Imnica, NONE of them no matter what the content or *quality* are getting to gmails inbox in a fresh account.

      In an account where I've marked them as not spam, it's another story....

      If you think you are getting email through imnica because they are high *quality*, please send me a copy of one and I'll test it to see if it gets to the inbox, or goes to spam.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5844301].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andrealhendrick
    Well I do believe this to be true, but I also believe this to be true for getresponse as well as some of the other top mailing services. Getresponse, Aweber, constant contact all seem to be trusted mailers, I seldom see any emails from them get spam boxed.
    Originally Posted by Louie Sioco View Post

    I was listening to an Internet Marketing podcast a few days ago. The host of the podcast mentioned that if you use Aweber, there is a higher chance that it will reach your list's inbox.

    He mentioned that other autoresponders like GetResponse, Constant Contact, and etc. were known to be used by spammers. And so, they're sometimes automatically sent in the spam folder.

    Is this true?

    I use Imnica Mail, does that mean I have higher chances of going in the spam folder?

    Can someone confirm this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5844581].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mnov5534
    I've read this from quite a few sources also and wonder the same thing. i haven't yet used Aweber so I can't comment from personal experience, but I know that every time I sign up to a list running Aweber with my Yahoo email, it makes it into the inbox first go.

    I'm using Imnica Mail and in Yahoo it also seems to make it to the inbox, but with Gmail its still having a problem, where the email automatically goes to spam until I've gone and clicked the "not spam" button for each sender.

    Perhaps Aweber has better relationships in place with email providers and is more of a "trusted" source.
    Signature
    100% FREE - DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY NOW!!
    Make people DESIRE giving you exactly what you want, without ever asking for it!This Mind Blowing report "Top 7 Persuasive Secrets Most People Will Never Know!!" teaches everyone How to Persuade People and Become a Human Lie-Detector
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5871896].message }}
  • i use aweber, but whats important to me is capturing their contact info as a real estate investor, we are targeting distressed homeonwers, so i get their info, give them a 'free info kit", and i call them immediatly upon receipt of the lead. i dont use it much for follow up, i still do, but not as much emphasis is put on that as it is in IM world
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5872594].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
      Originally Posted by Louie Sioco View Post

      I was listening to an Internet Marketing podcast a few days ago. The host of the podcast mentioned that if you use Aweber, there is a higher chance that it will reach your list's inbox.

      He mentioned that other autoresponders like GetResponse, Constant Contact, and etc. were known to be used by spammers. And so, they're sometimes automatically sent in the spam folder.

      Is this true?

      I use Imnica Mail, does that mean I have higher chances of going in the spam folder?

      Can someone confirm this?
      The problem with releasing information like this is that there's a lot that goes on behind-the-scenes and so many variables when it comes to autoresponder technology that it's difficult to verify if this is actually true. For those of us that test hundreds of thousands of e-mails on a weekly or monthly basis, we know that delivery rates fluctuate - sometimes quite significantly.

      I learned a lot time ago not to rely on a company's own delivery rate numbers.

      Secondly, everyone should read this thread:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...g-problem.html

      It's a good education on just some of what autoresponder companies have to deal with, but really, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

      Originally Posted by pdrs View Post

      I heard this as well back when I first got started. Not sure how much truth there is to it but I do notice that the aweber mails get I get from people im subscribed to always seem to make it to my inbox while other providers do sometimes end up in my spam... I'll stick with Aweber!
      I've also noticed some of my Aweber e-mails going into my spam folder, but it varies. But bear in mind, that engagement is a part of getting e-mails delivered to you. ISPs are measuring if your readers are opening their e-mails or clicking on inks and even how long the e-mails are staying open.

      Originally Posted by Joseph G Spiteri View Post

      Would be great if someone knew what the answer was because i sure don't from my experience Aweber looks to be the more reliable of all.
      Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. There are times when my e-mail testing from Getresponse beats Aweber (usually not by much) and sometimes Aweber beats them. There are a ton of variables to consider. I've just begun testing iContact again so I cannot comment on them because I don't have enough data.

      Originally Posted by redicelander View Post

      I recently changed to GetResponse from Aweber due to problems with Aweber. Now, I know a chorus of marketers were saying Aweber used to be great for them and that GetResponse worked better once they changed. I just changed so I don't know what to say.

      Aweber's still good, I'm sure, but I'm going with Getresponse for now. It's a bit cheaper and supposed to have as good or better delivery rates by all the reviews I've heard, the last few months.
      Overall delivery rates are on par with one another. Though I've had issues with all autoresponder companies I've ever been with at one time or another. None of them are immune to hackers, spammers, technology issues, etc.

      Everyone who sees this thread should go on and read this one too:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/498887-imnicamail-emails-going-into-gmail-spam-anyone-else-having-problem.html

      RoD
      Signature
      "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
      - Jim Rohn
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873011].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Angel Anderson
    To my understanding if you use double opting in aweber you are on a "cleaner" server and when you use single opting you are in a more "risky" server. I've used many different services and aweber gets me the highest inbox delivery rate.
    Signature
    The Strategy Specialist Helping You Achieve Your Goals Via Training And Support contact me via http://www.angelanderson.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5872935].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shaun OReilly
      Originally Posted by Angel Anderson View Post

      To my understanding if you use double opting in aweber you are on a "cleaner" server and when you use single opting you are in a more "risky" server.
      That is correct.

      When you're using single opt-in via AWeber, your e-mail
      gets sent from their single opt-in servers. They have a
      poorer reputation and lower deliverability than the AWeber
      confirmed opt-in servers because of more bounces and spam
      complaints.

      Dedicated to mutual success,

      Shaun
      Signature

      .

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tobarja
    A few months back, I signed up for inmica on my apps for domains account. All of the signup and new member info went straight to spam. I got a lame message back from their support and closed my account.
    Signature

    Regular guest posters wanted for blogging, white hat SEO, vacation/travel niches. New sites, will pay($) for good content. PM samples.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5872990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AdwordsMogul
    Aweber is quite reliable. They are a good service, besides their deliverability they have other benefits.

    Personally, I find their reporting system brilliant for a lot of purposes. I have used other providers as well but at the basic level Aweber is the best.
    Signature
    "Those who can - DO IT. Those who can't, say it's impossible."
    Jean Paul a.k.a AdwordsMogul
    PHPDevelopers.net - Top of the range PHP developers

    Easy Link Saver - Are you tired of the pain of constantly searching for your affiliate links? ( Chrome extension - FREE )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cataclysm1987
    It's probably true, but think about it realistically. The only companies that know the spam rates and deliver rates of their messages are the companies themselves.

    They aren't disclosing 100 percent of that information, so we all just have to guess as what it might be.
    Signature

    No signature here today!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arranrice
    Ive never heard such a thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873352].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beeswarn
    Aweber and Constant Contact accounts are the hallmarks of the amateur
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kishor Mhaskar
    I am using Awber , its a good service. Previously i was using iContact.

    But I had never got problem with both of them.
    As per my experience auto-responder service doesn't decide where the mail will go , in your inbox or spam folder. What ever the contain or subject line affects he mail.

    The mails with FREE word or some odd contains goes in SPAM folder as i know.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873608].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
    Aweber messages mostly get into my inbox, but not always. So, they're good but not 'knock-out' good.

    I have to say months ago, my delivery into Gmail with Imnica was poor - very poor. However, that has changed a lot, at least for me. I am now seeing very good inbox results with Gmail, Yahoo, and Aol using imnica.

    I assume they have been working on this, which is obviously a good thing. I also notice all mail from Constant Contact shows in my inbox, no matter who it's from or whether text or html.
    _____
    Bruce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Originally Posted by Louie Sioco View Post

    I was listening to an Internet Marketing podcast a few days ago. The host of the podcast mentioned that if you use Aweber, there is a higher chance that it will reach your list's inbox.

    He mentioned that other autoresponders like GetResponse, Constant Contact, and etc. were known to be used by spammers. And so, they're sometimes automatically sent in the spam folder.

    Is this true?

    I use Imnica Mail, does that mean I have higher chances of going in the spam folder?

    Can someone confirm this?
    Actually I found this true. Ad thats why I switched from Get Response to Aweber !
    Aweber is much, much more reliable than others !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873842].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marhelper
    I've always been impressed with Aweber.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RamRam1234
    I doubt that this is true, but I will say that I have tried various autoresponders and have found Aweber to be the most user friendly. They get my cash every month.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
    Originally Posted by Louie Sioco View Post

    The podcaster isn't biased by the looks of it. But he also doesn't have any proof how he derived that conclusion.

    Thanks for the tips, I'm sure it'll help the readers.
    I really think that says it all right there. Without facts, what you have is opinion and that's got to be taken with a grain of salt. Of course he's biased, we all have biases. Mine are quite obvious, but other agendas may be much harder to discern.

    Mainstream media or online (and I speak from 15 years of mainstream and online media exp), there's no such thing as an unbiased opinion and knowing that is a good thing because why would you want someone else thinking for you?

    As for deliverability. The ESP is key to be sure and that's why we all focus hard on working with ISPs and services such as Gmail to get your messages to the inbox. That's why we work with organizations such as Return Path (Return Path rates our deliverability at 99.3%) to test and rank our deliverability. However, as others have pointed out, it's also up to the marketer producing the email to make sure their subscribers are engaged and expectations managed correctly.

    We each have to make our choice based on what solution works best and I respect that completely. We work hard (very hard) every day to provide the best possible service and deliverability for the IMers who use our service. I'm rather proud of our CEO's commitment to this community and I hope my interactions with this community demonstrate that consistently.

    As I explained at the Warrior Live Event a couple of weeks ago, my role is two-fold: Outwardly I'm a brand ambassador and inwardly I'm a customer advocate. I'm availabe via PM, Skype or Twitter and always happy to talk.



    Regards,
    jim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5874078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan Joseph
    Hi Louie,

    The thing with AWeber is that they were one of the first companies around to do exactly what they do. And that's all they do. They specialize in email marketing.

    I'm sure there are pro's and con's to any email marketing provider, however AWeber has earned the trust from pretty much every email service provider and will, even from my own experience, land in the inbox 9 times out of 10. They have a high deliver-ability, and are known for that. Getresponse is another very good one which I've heard of a lot of people are now using/ switching over to.

    All in all I wish you the best with your choice Louie!
    Signature

    Jon

    "Success comes when people act together; failure tends to happen alone." -- Deepak Chopra

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5874225].message }}

Trending Topics