How long for a list of 100,000?

by ckbank
46 replies
If I work on this goal 10 hours a day, how long should it take to build such a list. And please, spare me the variables.
#100 #list #long
  • Profile picture of the author webfighter
    3850 days to be precise.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557183].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ckbank
      Originally Posted by webfighter View Post

      3850 days to be precise.
      Is this a joke?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557194].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

        Is this a joke?
        No ... "spare me the variables" was the joke: that was just the appropriate riposte to it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557488].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ckbank
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          No ... "spare me the variables" was the joke: that was just the appropriate riposte to it.
          "Spare me the variables" was not the joke, because of people like you. I just wrote that, because people never seem to answer the question that was asked. They just have smart$$$ comments.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557517].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joseph G Spiteri
            Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

            "Spare me the variables" was not the joke, because of people like you. I just wrote that, because people never seem to answer the question that was asked. They just have smart$$$ comments.
            Come on mate are you serious or just playing with use.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557538].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
            "Spare me the variables" was not the joke, because of people like you. I just wrote that, because people never seem to answer the question that was asked. They just have smart$$$ comments.
            Pointing out variables isn't a "smart$$$ comment." It's a warning that your question is too vague, which usually means you don't know enough to ask it in a way that can be usefully answered WITHOUT mentioning the variables.

            But, since you want something simple, here's the answer:

            100,000 / ('visitors per day' x 'conversion rate') = Days to 100,000 subscribers

            Like everything else, it's about traffic and conversion. But, hey, those are variables, so just forget I said anything, eh?


            Paul
            Signature
            .
            Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557612].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ben Gordon
      Originally Posted by webfighter View Post

      3850 days to be precise.
      Yep, you nailed the target

      All jokes aside, it matters on you. Some people could build that list in under a month while others won't be able to do it in their whole lifetime.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557343].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashtree
      Originally Posted by webfighter View Post

      3850 days to be precise.
      Thanks for the laugh, one of the best posts all day
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5598844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
    Banned
    Nobody can be certain on exactly how long it could take. You could find a method that makes it possible in a day or 10 days or 100 days.

    But one thing I can be certain of is, if you have money to buy solo ads it is going to be unbelievably quicker. If you had unlimited fund you could probably have it done in about 7 days.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557293].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    Building any kind of list requires resources so what kind of resources do you have at your disposal that you can afford?

    Most people do not have the funds to support a massive media buying campaign so they resort to free and other low cost methods to build their list.

    Ultimately, before you resort to any list building resources you need to make sure your landing pages and capture systems are proven to convert. Simply slapping up a subscriber form and offering something for free is not good enough.

    You have to "sell" the opt-in, overcome objections etc...

    This can be a lot of work for people who have no clue what a converting landing page looks like and how its ultimately pieced together with other conversion strategies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557401].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    If you have a program and have hundreds of affiliate promoting for you, it can take you a few short months.

    If you are a lone wolf, you may or may not reach that even if you work the hardest in your life.

    But if you use paid advertising and generate 300-800 unique and targeted visitors per day, it can take you 12-48 months.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557532].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
      Banned
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      If you have a program and have hundreds of affiliate promoting for you, it can take you a few short months.

      If you are a lone wolf, you may or may not reach that even if you work the hardest in your life.

      But if you use paid advertising and generate 300-800 unique and targeted visitors per day, it can take you 12-48 months.
      It could be alot quicker than that granted he had unlimited funds. He could just buy like 5 solo ads from lists of like 100,000 every day and I'm sure it wouldn't be very long until he had his own list.

      However most people don't just have the money sitting around!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
    However, any answer you get without taking into account the variables will be worthless as it could be totally unrelated to your situation.

    Without variables, the answer is, it could take anywhere from 1 day to your whole lifetime.
    Signature
    44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

    Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shaun OReilly
    Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

    If I work on this goal 10 hours a day, how long should it take to build such a list. And please, spare me the variables.
    I've been building lists for over 8 years now...

    I can safely say that IF you work on your 100,000
    list goal for 10 hours a day...

    I've no bloody idea how long it will take you to build
    your 100k list.

    You don't need to be spared the variables at all...

    You need to learn what the variables are in achieving
    your 100k list goal and then identify the factors that
    are the most significant for your specific situation.

    Without having an accurate description of your situation,
    it's hard to define the parameters of a potential solution.

    Dedicated to mutual success,

    Shaun
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tech19
    Since we are sparing the variables, I'd say that you could easily reach that number somewhere between tomorrow and 25 years. Give or take a few days
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557626].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ckbank
      Originally Posted by Tech19 View Post

      Since we are sparing the variables, I'd say that you could easily reach that number somewhere between tomorrow and 25 years. Give or take a few days
      OMG, this is exactly what I meant when I said spare me the variables. Why can't a person just come out and say, you work hard, you can do it in 6 months, 1 year or 2 years. It's like none of you have that warrior mentality. When I start something, I look at it as you either succeed or you don't. It's all about motivation. What if somebody offered you a million bucks for a list of 100,000 in six months? I bet you would build that list.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557693].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
        It's all about motivation.
        Only marginally. Effectiveness is much more important.

        Fear can motivate you to run really fast, but if you turn down a dead end alley, you haven't really accomplished the goal, no matter how motivated you might have been.

        On the flip side, a lazy (read: under-motivated) person who can write good ads and pay to put them in front of real prospects can do very well.


        Paul
        Signature
        .
        Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557726].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tech19
        Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

        OMG, this is exactly what I meant when I said spare me the variables. Why can't a person just come out and say, you work hard, you can do it in 6 months, 1 year or 2 years. It's like none of you have that warrior mentality. When I start something, I look at it as you either succeed or you don't. It's all about motivation. What if somebody offered you a million bucks for a list of 100,000 in six months? I bet you would build that list.
        Your thinking is way off base. The reason that this forum is such a valuable resource is because of the details. The reason that many of us here have achieved our goals after busting our ass is because of the details. We've had ups and downs and keep pushing through no matter what. That's your so called "warrior mentality." Realizing that there are so many variables and no matter how much you plan and calculate it almost never turns out exactly how you saw it in your head or on paper.

        You want someone to give you a sure thing and say, all it takes is 6 months of the hardest work you've ever done and you will make it. Just because someone offers you 1 million to build a 100k list in 6 months, that doesn't mean you are going to make it. Maybe it takes you 2 years to reach those numbers. If you would have simply given up after 6 months because someone "just came out and said, you work hard, you can do it in 6 months." then you would have turned away from the opportunity of a lifetime.

        I wish it was a simple as you are trying to make it, but the FACT is that it isn't. People that are successful work harder than 99% of other people, but they are still grounded in reality. Yes in the end, you either succeed or you don't, but what happens in between? Some people have gotten there overnight, some people it's taken 20 years due to the variables.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557905].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author George Wright
        Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

        What if somebody offered you a million bucks for a list of 100,000 in six months? I bet you would build that list.
        Yes,

        Given the above variable I would do it for you in 3 months.

        George Wright
        Signature
        "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5559629].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Phil Ainsworth
        Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

        What if somebody offered you a million bucks for a list of 100,000 in six months? I bet you would build that list.
        Why didn't you say we had a budget of a million dollars to spend, in the first place?

        Given a million dollars, I'd do that in about 10 days. Maybe 2 weeks.

        Easy.

        I would do it by outsourcing the development of multiple sales funnels to various people. Then I would spend a good wodge on media buys.

        I reckon you could make a clear $900k profit on that, inside 2 weeks.

        Anyone else disagree?

        Phil
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5601079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Slipkus
    I think that the given question raises new ones on it's own. It's important to understand that there are different methods to generate leads to your opt-in page, and they differ in quality. And the quality of your subscribers is an integral part of having good sales conversions. Thus the question really becomes - is it better to have 100,000 subscribers from social media, of which most are unwilling to spend, or would you rather have 15,000 who come to your page from JV or syndication and have proven to be willing to spend?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557837].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Gediminas View Post

      Thus the question really becomes - is it better to have 100,000 subscribers from social media, of which most are unwilling to spend, or would you rather have 15,000 who come to your page from JV or syndication and have proven to be willing to spend?
      Exactly so. That's one of the most important variables, for many people.

      For me, another very important one is whether I opt people in through a squeeze page or through an opt-in on the home-page of a content-rich site, because that makes a very significant difference to my income.

      They're mostly "different people", it seems. (Call me naive, but I didn't learn this until I split-tested it ).

      Opting in large numbers through squeeze pages is far quicker and easier, but achieving the open-rate and responsiveness I need, that way, is a whole different story. And one I've actually given up on, myself. At least for the moment. There's not so much point in building a huge list if most of them never see your emails, after all. :p

      The original question potentially raised a number of these smart@$$ - excuse me, I meant to say "these hugely significant and very worthwhile" points ... but, admittedly, they're all "variables".
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vic alexander
    For a list that long its going to take some money. Not necessary alot, but if you have set yourself a goal to reach in a specific period of time, then you might need to buy adversiting. Solo ads can reach a huge target market with opt in.

    Good luck.
    Signature

    Vic Alexander

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5557883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Genycis
    I think it honestly depends on a lot of factors, the niche being one of them, the content that is being offered and how the people receive it, things of that nature.

    Hard to put a definitive number on it because I could say that for my niche, it may take me 15 signs up a day x 30 days = 450 members a month x 12 months = 5400 a year x 20 years roughly = 108,000 subscribers.

    However, that's just a flat estimate. There can be days that more join, days where less join, or as you put more work in, the days increase, from 15 a day, to 25 a day, to 100 a day and so on. So I think the Warriors are all making great and valid points... there cannot be a definitive answer whether someone is offering a million bucks or not. Someone can tell you they can build you a list in a month for a million bucks, and then go with some blackhat method...they may go online, find some list to buy at dirt cheap that has tons of emails of "potential subscribers", add them all a la black hat method into your subscribers somehow, and there's your 100k list... not a valuable one at all, but a list nonetheless.

    It takes time, traffic, great content, and a great offer and/or sales copy depending on your niche to generate good leads to sign up. I'm actually about to delete over 3000 members on my list because most of them joined my site only for the freebies being offered and aren't even active anymore, some used emails to join and then shut down their emails, etc. But of the list I have, I did manage to build some great repeat buyers. I'd rather have a 1,000 list of mostly targeted interested followers than a 100k list, most of which joined only out of curiosity and/or freebies and nothing more.

    Good luck though with the best success to you in building your list. I'm sure you'll reach that 100k figure, it'll just take some work.
    Signature
    Genycis
    -- Absorbing & implementing. Need hip hop beats for your business needs? Hit me up!
    -- Posting my experiences and so forth with my own blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5559877].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    you could do this with a few bigger joint ventures.

    But again, nowadays, that would take a long time. You can no longer just email people with a gigantic list and say "oy you, promote my stuff will ya!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5559961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tim_buchalka
    Don't focus on the size of the list, focus on the quality.

    In almost evry case your relationship to your list is going to be a key to making money. If you think having a 100K list would be an answer to your problems, I would say it might be only if you have built up a good relationship with that list and have given them some great content and generally "looked after them".

    It's possible to make a nice chunk of money from even a small list if you spent the time building up that relationship.

    Building up a relationship does not mean sending a new affiliate promotion each day. Instead send out useful and compelling information on a regular basis and your subscribers will want to share and tell others about you.

    Make sure you ask your subscribers (where appropriate) to share the information (by clicking like buttons, re-tweeting, or whatever).

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5560012].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DianaHeuser
      Originally Posted by tim_buchalka View Post

      It's possible to make a nice chunk of money from even a small list if you spent the time building up that relationship.
      You could even make some money off a tiny list of 20 .

      Size does definitely does not count in list building, it's all about quality and relationships.

      Di
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5599336].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sunray
        You could as well ask how long would it take to earn a million $ from a salary. It depends on what he does and how he does it. There is much difference, if he is a top lawyer, a neurosurgeon, or... works at the local McDonalds. :-)
        Signature

        Use these laws and make the Law of Attraction work
        QuantumMindSuccess Learn how to live a happy, healthy and abundant life.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5600345].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Phil Ainsworth
          Dude... if you are not trolling... then you are asking the wrong question...

          As others have mentioned, the size of the list doesn't matter one jot... And even if it did... as we have no idea what resources you have at your diposal nor what methods you are planning on using... how the heck can we answer?

          It's not the SIZE of the list... it's the RELATIONSHIP with the list...

          A friend of mine has made $62,000 in the last 4 months from a list of JUST 2000 buyers (he is releasing a WSO soon revealing his methods, hence I wont reveal his name)

          I know of others with lists of over 10,000 who struggle to bank more than a couple of hundred bucks a month...

          Are you trying to grow a prospects list or a buyers list? Or both?

          If know you don't want to hear this... but it depends on what you do...

          Just to stop you complaining again... as other have mentioned, if you spent upwards of $60k in solo ads / media buys you could grow that list in a week. If you tried to do it with JUST free methods... it's going to take a little longer...

          This is NO guarantee of success... but John Cornetta grew a list of 100,000 subscribers in a year, and another 100,000 subs in the 8 months after that. Shane Purcell did 40,000 in 4 months... and I know that because I interviewed them.

          If you want some advice, I would personally create an information product and allow affiliates to promote it for 100% commissions. That is the cheapest way I know to grow you an effective list of buyers.

          If you want to grow a list of prospects (as well or instead of a list of buyers) then give away a free gift. You can do this at giveaway events, adswapping, with solo ads and media buys. There are many other methods but those are the most beginner friendly. Oh, and by publishing regular good content on a blog with an opt-in form, you can capture more prospects that way.

          Hope this has helped you, but you HAVE to realise... you are basically asking "how long is a piece of string".... and then blaming us for not giving you an answer that you like.

          If you genuinely want to build a list, PM me and I will help you further. But know in advance that success in IM takes persistence, stamina, , effort, bloody-mindedness, and is a LONG, PAINFUL process.....

          If you choose to walk the path... you gotta be prepared to suffer the blisters.

          Best of luck to you,

          Phil
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5601033].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ckbank
            Originally Posted by Phil Ainsworth View Post

            Dude... if you are not trolling... then you are asking the wrong question...

            As others have mentioned, the size of the list doesn't matter one jot... And even if it did... as we have no idea what resources you have at your diposal nor what methods you are planning on using... how the heck can we answer?

            It's not the SIZE of the list... it's the RELATIONSHIP with the list...

            A friend of mine has made $62,000 in the last 4 months from a list of JUST 2000 buyers (he is releasing a WSO soon revealing his methods, hence I wont reveal his name)

            I know of others with lists of over 10,000 who struggle to bank more than a couple of hundred bucks a month...

            Are you trying to grow a prospects list or a buyers list? Or both?

            If know you don't want to hear this... but it depends on what you do...

            Just to stop you complaining again... as other have mentioned, if you spent upwards of $60k in solo ads / media buys you could grow that list in a week. If you tried to do it with JUST free methods... it's going to take a little longer...

            This is NO guarantee of success... but John Cornetta grew a list of 100,000 subscribers in a year, and another 100,000 subs in the 8 months after that. Shane Purcell did 40,000 in 4 months... and I know that because I interviewed them.

            If you want some advice, I would personally create an information product and allow affiliates to promote it for 100% commissions. That is the cheapest way I know to grow you an effective list of buyers.

            If you want to grow a list of prospects (as well or instead of a list of buyers) then give away a free gift. You can do this at giveaway events, adswapping, with solo ads and media buys. There are many other methods but those are the most beginner friendly. Oh, and by publishing regular good content on a blog with an opt-in form, you can capture more prospects that way.

            Hope this has helped you, but you HAVE to realise... you are basically asking "how long is a piece of string".... and then blaming us for not giving you an answer that you like.

            If you genuinely want to build a list, PM me and I will help you further. But know in advance that success in IM takes persistence, stamina, , effort, bloody-mindedness, and is a LONG, PAINFUL process.....

            If you choose to walk the path... you gotta be prepared to suffer the blisters.

            Best of luck to you,

            Phil
            Thank you for clarifying. This is the best explanation by far. I learned more in five minutes than I did in the last year.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5601123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cameron palte
    Banned
    Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

    If I work on this goal 10 hours a day, how long should it take to build such a list. And please, spare me the variables.
    If you are going for a list of 100,000 people's emails which I assume you are going for at 10 hours a day.

    It depends on your plan. Getting one persons email my take 5 seconds or 10 minutes for research purposes we will assume 1 minute/email obviously their may be a website where you get a list of 1k or not.

    A method that MAY work is sign up for newsletters in your 'niche' and you can get the list of all the other subscribers. Many other forums also may have the persons email.

    Also takes time to write them down. And you must be focused. No getting distracted ect.

    I can assume 500 emails a day and you will want to assume 5 days a week or 50 hours weeks. I can cut it down some and say 2200/week
    9000/month

    -----------Final Answer--------
    I can say realistically you will be looking at around a year or 3000 hours if you are going to be doing certain things.

    Of course after you do this with a list that long you can be making thousands a week if you use them RIGHT!.... affiliate links clickbank ect...

    You must focus on relationships with them they will just ignore spam...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5560066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MattCatania
      Originally Posted by cameron palte View Post

      It depends on your plan. Getting one persons email my take 5 seconds or 10 minutes for research purposes we will assume 1 minute/email obviously their may be a website where you get a list of 1k or not.
      The OP was asking how long it would take to attract people to his website, and then get 100,000 of those people to sign-up to his auto-responder series. He wasn't asking about how long it took someone to type in their email address in the opt-in box itself.

      A method that MAY work is sign up for newsletters in your 'niche' and you can get the list of all the other subscribers. Many other forums also may have the persons email.
      If you're referring to looking at CC recipients in order to 'copy and paste' other subscribers email addresses, then I'd offer you the following advice:

      1) AR's don't reveal other peoples' information in emails sent out to many people.
      2) If there were some way to do this - it would be highly ineffective because these subscribers don't know who you are (not to mention it may be considered spam to send unsolicited emails to them).

      Also takes time to write them down. And you must be focused. No getting distracted ect.
      I think I was right in what I assumed above - in which case I'd regret to inform you that this method isn't viable.

      I can assume 500 emails a day and you will want to assume 5 days a week or 50 hours weeks. I can cut it down some and say 2200/week
      9000/month. I can say realistically you will be looking at around a year or 3000 hours if you are going to be doing certain things.
      With the lack of information the OP gave, this guess is as good as anyone else's... but I believe your a little ill-informed on the whole 'opt-in process'.
      Signature

      Logic outweighs all.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5560327].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cameron palte
        Banned
        Originally Posted by MattCatania View Post

        The OP was asking how long it would take to attract people to his website, and then get 100,000 of those people to sign-up to his auto-responder series. He wasn't asking about how long it took someone to type in their email address in the opt-in box itself.



        If you're referring to looking at CC recipients in order to 'copy and paste' other subscribers email addresses, then I'd offer you the following advice:

        1) AR's don't reveal other peoples' information in emails sent out to many people.
        2) If there were some way to do this - it would be highly ineffective because these subscribers don't know who you are (not to mention it may be considered spam to send unsolicited emails to them).



        I think I was right in what I assumed above - in which case I'd regret to inform you that this method isn't viable.



        With the lack of information the OP gave, this guess is as good as anyone else's... but I believe your a little ill-informed on the whole 'opt-in process'.
        True.... but he wanted an exact answer so I gave it. Their are so many variables circumstances who knows... what if he gets 10k something crashes and he only had them as a document not online and he lost it... this was my best shot based on what was given.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5560363].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MattCatania
          Originally Posted by cameron palte View Post

          True.... but he wanted an exact answer so I gave it. Their are so many variables circumstances who knows... what if he gets 10k something crashes and he only had them as a document not online and he lost it... this was my best shot based on what was given.
          The subscribers information would be located in a secure server eg. Aweber or GetResponse, and not in a .doc file on his computer.

          Also, having a list of emails sitting in a word file is worthless because those people haven't opted-in to hear from you.
          Signature

          Logic outweighs all.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5561931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author koppster
    Everyone is trying to figure this out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5561965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Super Warrior
    In how much time, I can reach North Pole?
    I won't like to give you more info.
    Please reply.

    Thanks
    Steve
    Signature
    WARNING:: Wasting time on Facebook? Make $500 in just 24 Hours with this simple strategy!
    Get Free PDF (Direct download, no opt-in required)-->> Read It Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5561999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marcelomusza
    Well that's a big number.
    It depends mostly on the way you target the traffic. If your sign-up page goes viral (in any method available), I think it can save you a lot of time.

    But being reallistic, it will require a lot of work, working full-time and promoting in all the ways possible, outsourcing everything you can. IMHO It could take up to 2 years of steady work. But again, its veeeery dependant of how you get to know your subscribers, and how catchy is your website.

    Regards!
    Signature
    Internet Marketing Resources for Online Entrepreneurs
    http://www.marceblog.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5562290].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cjt1971
      Noah Kagan of AppSumo offers a video course showing how he took appsumo from zero to 500,000 in 18 months. He even claims Google campaigns got him almost no traffic so he tried alternate means. Though you can't assume you'll get a third of the 500k every 6 months.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5597888].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Don't focus on the size of a list.

    Focus on it's effectiveness and what the people on your list respond to and want.

    Someone with a highly responsive list of 2000 customers who they treat right can beat a 100,000 list of someone who only cares about numbers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5598831].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ShaneGorry
      Originally Posted by redicelander View Post

      Don't focus on the size of a list.

      Focus on it's effectiveness and what the people on your list respond to and want.

      Someone with a highly responsive list of 2000 customers who they treat right can beat a 100,000 list of someone who only cares about numbers.
      Oh no not more variables. lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5599169].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Christines Dream
        How long? That depends... How hard are you willing to work?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5599204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HansM
    Originally Posted by ckbank View Post

    If I work on this goal 10 hours a day, how long should it take to build such a list. And please, spare me the variables.
    In addition to the answers above: Be aware that it will cost you $100's a month if you want that big list hosted and one of the common providers...
    Signature

    The Online Business Architect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5601908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MattBest
    I know Winter Valko did it in less than a year.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5601917].message }}

Trending Topics