A few people were loving the idea in the last thread and it's unfair if others can't see it so I'll suggest people look for coupon codes elsewhere. Let someone else get commission.....oh well.
This is great for getting your foot in the door to offer upsells as well as earning some nice residual income.
1) Grab a hostgator reseller account - aluminium will do.
2) Google search niche + town and find small businesses. Drop them an email asking if they're happy with their current hosting costs and service. Mention you'd like to offer them a better deal than they are currently receiving.
3) If they're paying $25/month just cut the price a bit. Set up an account, give them the details of cpanel login plus nameservers.
4) Offer upsells a few weeks later (optional )
- Create a basic website to build trust.
- Keep track of payments owed using a spreadsheet.
- Offer a few payment methods.
- Small businesses mean lower traffic (theoretically) as well as owners who are going to want to cut costs.
I've come across businesses paying out their ears for hosting because they have no clue. Hit one of these gems and you're laughing!
You could charge to transfer their site for them if you know what you're doing.
Hope this is more acceptable this time.
Any questions please post here or use the email address under my forum name. I cannot reply to PMs until I hit 50 posts and I'm not going to spam my way there!