Go Get a Real Job Stop Internet Marketing

36 replies
Go Back to Your Boss and Quit This Internet Marketing fantasy.

If you can not imagine and truly know what your life will look like after succeeding in the Internet marketing world. I truly believe you need to stop lying to yourself and go back to your boss. But ........

Turning Imagination into belief


If you could just stop and imagine a time in your life maybe tomorrow or maybe in the 10 years from now. When you have everything it is that you ever desired, and just then as you look back on your life, of things that you've done all the sacrifices you've made all the hard decisions you have to make.

You now know, the effort behind all of that was worth it. Now you have what it is you desire. You have the fulfillment in your heart.

We All Have the Potential to Succeed

My friend each and every one of us can have this is experience. When you have faith in yourself facing a potential to succeed faith that no matter what you can obtain that which you desire. We all have the capability to succeed. that which each of us want might be different, but the core of that is all the same.

Worthy Sacrifice

If you can imagine the things that you're to have to sacrifice, your time ,your comfort. And so on. With the outcome of all this be worth it. As you step into this world of Internet marketing. You will not become a success overnight, and if you do get a hold of me I'd like to talk to you maybe get some tips.

One Thing We Have in Common

We are all on different paths in life, but the thing that we have in common is the goal. So, I wish you luck in your journey, for I know, if you truly desire something. I know, you can obtain it. You must ask yourself are the things you need to sacrifice worth the outcome.

Allowing Your Fantasies Come True

what is it that you desire out of Internet marketing?

Where do you see yourself in three years?

What sacrifices are you willing to give in are the to succeed?

Feel free to posts on this forum the answers to these questions, and as you begin to type speak it out loud yourself. This will allow your mind to embed these beliefs.
#boss #give up #internet #job #marketing #real #stop #stop i am #stop internet marketing
  • Profile picture of the author dndoseller
    Make no mistake, Internet Marketing IS a job! Only difference is that you are a contract worker for affiliate companies or a supplier for customers. Either way you need to log in and get to work every day. Its just a job with an unlimited salary cap and ideal working conditions.
    Signature
    DanoSongs.com - Royalty Free Music for Marketing Videos

    No sign up required to try my music in your video.

    Just click to listen and download. No cost to try, only pay when you publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493773].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goindeep
      Originally Posted by dndoseller View Post

      Make no mistake, Internet Marketing IS a job! Only difference is that you are a contract worker for affiliate companies or a supplier for customers. Either way you need to log in and get to work every day. Its just a job with an unlimited salary cap and ideal working conditions.

      No, i dont think so. It all depends on what your comparing it to.

      What are you comparing IM to?

      I have worked across my country on farms, on building sites, in bars, in clubs, in kitchens, i have worked in factories, done night shifts, 24 hour shifts, carted wheel barrows full of cement, hauled plaster sheets up stairs, moved furniture, i have even plowed snow in europe! I could go on and on.

      So for me comparing sitting on my ass, drinking coffee, getting up at like 10am walking my dog, then sitting on my ass again drinking coffee again is not a job. Its a lifestyle.

      However i can see how some would see it as a job.

      BUt i like to see it as a home business lifestyle.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493788].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
        Originally Posted by GoinDeep View Post

        No, i dont think so. It all depends on what your comparing it to.

        What are you comparing IM to?

        I have worked across my country on farms, on building sites, in bars, in clubs, in kitchens, i have worked in factories, done night shifts, 24 hour shifts, carted wheel barrows full of cement, hauled plaster sheets up stairs, moved furniture, i have even plowed snow in europe! I could go on and on.

        So for me comparing sitting on my ass, drinking coffee, getting up at like 10am walking my dog, then sitting on my ass again drinking coffee again is not a job. Its a lifestyle.

        However i can see how some would see it as a job.

        BUt i like to see it as a home business lifestyle.
        I feeling your pain from work like that. Good luck on your journey, and I hope you obtain perfection in your lifestyle.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493834].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
      Originally Posted by dndoseller View Post

      Make no mistake, Internet Marketing IS a job! Only difference is that you are a contract worker for affiliate companies or a supplier for customers. Either way you need to log in and get to work every day. Its just a job with an unlimited salary cap and ideal working conditions.
      That is a very understandable belief that is yours and you can hold onto it as long as you want I myself have no desire to share in that with you. I believe Internet marketing can be a source of freedom , freedom from the 9 to 5 AND freedom from someone else having control of your destiny.

      Hold onto your job as long as you want, my friend. Me, I desire freedom!
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493789].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adamv
      Originally Posted by dndoseller View Post

      Make no mistake, Internet Marketing IS a job! Only difference is that you are a contract worker for affiliate companies or a supplier for customers. Either way you need to log in and get to work every day. Its just a job with an unlimited salary cap and ideal working conditions.
      The beauty of IM is that you DON"T have to log in and get to work everyday.

      Of course there is work involved but with a job you don't get paid if you stop working.

      With IM you can set up sites and get them running largely on autopilot. If you feel like taking a day off and not working there's no one to tell you no. If you have a "job duty" you truly don't want to do you can outsource it.

      I've never had a job in my life where I could get someone else to do the part I didn't like for a couple of bucks while either going home early or working on something that I did enjoy and making even more money.

      There most definitely IS work involved but it certainly IS NOT a job.

      That's my 2 cents anyway.
      Signature

      Get a professional voice over for your next audio or video project at an affordable price -- I will record 150 words of text for just $5.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493808].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
        Originally Posted by adamv View Post

        The beauty of IM is that you DON"T have to log in and get to work everyday.

        Of course there is work involved but with a job you don't get paid if you stop working.

        With IM you can set up sites and get them running largely on autopilot. If you feel like taking a day off and not working there's no one to tell you no. If you have a "job duty" you truly don't want to do you can outsource it.

        I've never had a job in my life where I could get someone else to do the part I didn't like for a couple of bucks while either going home early or working on something that I did enjoy and making even more money.

        There most definitely IS work involved but it certainly IS NOT a job.

        That's my 2 cents anyway.
        yes outsourcing is something absolutely amazing. If you can take a step in that direction and risk a little bit of money to dabble in this practice you will be absolutely amazed how much time, you can claim back for your life
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kswr123
      Originally Posted by dndoseller View Post

      Make no mistake, Internet Marketing IS a job! Only difference is that you are a contract worker for affiliate companies or a supplier for customers. Either way you need to log in and get to work every day. Its just a job with an unlimited salary cap and ideal working conditions.
      Unfortunately though, there are No guarantees of income, unlike a normal job!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[495484].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GuruGazette
        Originally Posted by saq3m View Post

        Unfortunately though, there are No guarantees of income, unlike a normal job!
        Hmmm... you might want to ask all those people recently laid off - along with all the others who are currently scared they'll be next - just how "guaranteed" their job income is. :rolleyes:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[495508].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
          Originally Posted by GuruGazette View Post

          Hmmm... you might want to ask all those people recently laid off - along with all the others who are currently scared they'll be next - just how "guaranteed" their job income is. :rolleyes:
          I do think that you hit the nail on the head with this one GuruGazette.

          my father's father told him to not do as he did and do something smarter and and not have a traditional job. His father lacked the proper knowledge to direct my father in the right direction. So my father stumbled around trying to find something and until this day, he still trying to find something, but he knew enough to raise me with the correct belief that I could have whatever it is that I desired in life that I would have to do things differently than the masses and no matter whatand no matter what never gets stuck in a 9-to-5 job, for it is false security that provides.

          So cheers to the family legacy and progression of entrepreneurship.!

          :-)
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[496452].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bryan Zimmerman
        Originally Posted by saq3m View Post

        Unfortunately though, there are No guarantees of income, unlike a normal job!

        There is no guarantee at any job any more. Not unless your the owner of the company. Then the owners have to worry about their business going under. I've seen buisness here in Orlando, Florida go out of business in the last two months that have been here for over 20 years.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[496467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArthurRose
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493832].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
      Originally Posted by ArthurRose View Post

      Internet marketing is actually harder than a real life job. You have to have iron discipline when you are your own boss. The amount of effort you put in is directly proportional to the results you yield.
      The discipline comes easy when you truly desire something.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[495458].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JayXtreme
      Originally Posted by ArthurRose View Post

      Internet marketing is actually harder than a real life job. You have to have iron discipline when you are your own boss. The amount of effort you put in is directly proportional to the results you yield.
      This isn't true.

      Whilst it is true that the amount of effort placed is directly proportionate to the results you yield... that effort doesn't have to be yours in order for you to benefit..

      I take more holidays that Judith Chalmers..and still make good of this thing..

      Peace

      Jay
      Signature

      Bare Murkage.........

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[495504].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alan Petersen
      Originally Posted by ArthurRose View Post

      Internet marketing is actually harder than a real life job. You have to have iron discipline when you are your own boss. The amount of effort you put in is directly proportional to the results you yield.
      That is true. It was easier to sit on my butt in my corporate America job and collect a paycheck with full benefits, paid vacation, sick days, etc. But I hated every minute of it. The meetings. the boss, the same thing day-in, day-out. So although IM is work it doesn't feel like it because I like what I do now vs. before and I have more control of my life.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499308].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JAIDEEP2959
        You can do internet marketing part time.

        There is a considerable risk involved here due to recession and Ebay ban on digital products.

        It must be your secondary job if yo are a newbie.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499342].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Don Alm
          Banned
          [DELETED]
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499394].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            IM is hard work - and a great lifestyle. Usually in that order, too.

            kay
            Signature

            Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.
            It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499413].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
              Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

              IM is hard work - and a great lifestyle. Usually in that order, too.

              kay

              Kay Kingdo you mean at first, it's hard work, but
              eventually it will become like riding a bicycle?

              Back when I was a kid. I ran across this magazine
              of this guy doing some outrageous trick in this
              bicycle.

              And I knew that I wanted to be a Pro BMX rider in
              just do these outrageous stunts that would make
              other people confused on how I did it like that
              man on the cover of the magazine made me feel as I
              continued on through my life chasing the stream
              was literally getting scars and breaking bones.

              That was only early on, because I became more
              skilled at riding my bike and doing new tricks. I
              began to break less bones, and I became skilled at
              the art of falling three stories and rolling out
              of it without a scratch. Now did it take a lot of
              work to get to that point.

              Yes, but when I did achieve that skill level no
              matter what it was I accomplished my bicycle to
              seem second nature to me. And I was able to
              achieve my dream and astonish people with new
              tricks. Like a 360 backflip tail whip or a double
              backflip tricks that may be only one other person
              in the world could do.

              The moral of the story is with enough focus and
              passion in the end when you get your glory, and
              everything is running smooth and easily. You will
              not count up. How many scratches you gotten all
              you will no is how hard once were when you first
              started out yet how smoothly and naturally,
              things come to you now.
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506029].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
            I disagree with those who are calling their IM a job. It's a business and needs to be treated like that.

            As far as businesses go, this is the best I've ever had. No stressful overhead. No employees. No concrete business hours (It's 3:30 and I just got back from hanging out downtown and shopping for gourmet foods - could never do that when I had a brick'n'mortar).

            As for a job? In a company? With a boss? Answering to somebody? Not in this lifetime!
            Signature
            Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rick G
    I have the problem of concentrating, always trying to learn, always looking for the next best opportunity, reading to many emails etc...

    Rick
    Signature
    Do You Stink At Making Graphics?

    Check Out This NEW Point-And-Click Software, It's the Fastest, Easiest Way EVER To Make Web Sites, Headers, Landing Pages, Mini-Sites And EVEN Blog Sites with Professional Results! Here's the link!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493856].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
      Originally Posted by Rick G View Post

      I have the problem of concentrating, always trying to learn, always looking for the next best opportunity, reading to many emails etc...

      Rick
      concentrating is not a problem just directed towards something that makes money.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBraddock
    Agreed that IM is a job. It takes lots of effort, education, and persistence. Yes you can have sites that make money on auto-pilot, while you sleep, etc. yes you can make a butt-load of money but it takes work to get there.

    The sites and sales copy that make it sound easy are for those who just want the dream. I bought my eBook ... I'm not going to read it ... I'm not going to act on it ... when is someone going to start dropping off those bags of money at my front door?

    Do I have it better than the guy across the street that gets up every day at 5am and goes to some job? You bet. But maybe he comes home every day and sits his ass on a couch and watches the idiot box. Maybe he's at a bar at 8:43pm EST on a Friday night. How much are you willing to put in to your business? I love working and wouldn't have it any other way. F the idiot box.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493860].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
      Originally Posted by ChrisBraddock View Post

      Agreed that IM is a job. It takes lots of effort, education, and persistence. Yes you can have sites that make money on auto-pilot, while you sleep, etc. yes you can make a butt-load of money but it takes work to get there.

      The sites and sales copy that make it sound easy are for those who just want the dream. I bought my eBook ... I'm not going to read it ... I'm not going to act on it ... when is someone going to start dropping off those bags of money at my front door?

      Do I have it better than the guy across the street that gets up every day at 5am and goes to some job? You bet. But maybe he comes home every day and sits his ass on a couch and watches the idiot box. Maybe he's at a bar at 8:43pm EST on a Friday night. How much are you willing to put in to your business? I love working and wouldn't have it any other way. F the idiot box.
      A very successful man once told me find something that you love and make a living at it and you'll never again have a job. It is my opinion that if you do not love, what it is you're doing you'll never see its full potentialin so you may never see those bags of money UB better off doing something else.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eric Goldstein
    I believe it's all perspective ....

    The beauty of internet marketing
    is that it can create Freedom in
    your life. You can automate it so
    you will have the time to do
    what you love ... isn't that's why
    people get a job anyway?
    Signature

    If you want to learn how to build
    a RockStar Personal Brand, head
    over and check out my blog at:
    CreateWithEric.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[493891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cypherslock
    Where else can you network daily with people around the world, get tips, and build your business faster? I love this! And I will take the "uncertainty" of income over any J.O.B. any day of the week!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[496630].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
      Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post

      Where else can you network daily with people around the world, get tips, and build your business faster? I love this! And I will take the "uncertainty" of income over any J.O.B. any day of the week!
      yes I do agree, the people you meet in this business can be absolutely amazing. And to be given a chance to help millions to achieve freedom can almost be unbelievable.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[498236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBraddock
    Their job might not be guaranteed but (in general) for every hour you do work you get the agreed-upon per-hour rate. Not so when you're learning the IM ropes. It's frustrating to spend hours and hours learning and not having any income to show for it, or more likely, be in the red.

    But you have to consider the risk/reward. You don't get that guaranteed hourly wage, but you do have a chance of earning while you sleep, becoming your own boss, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[498839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GT
    Originally Posted by manzilla911 View Post

    Allowing Your Fantasies Come True

    1) what is it that you desire out of Internet marketing?

    2) Where do you see yourself in three years?

    3) What sacrifices are you willing to give in are the to succeed?

    Feel free to posts on this forum the answers to these questions, and as you begin to type speak it out loud yourself. This will allow your mind to embed these beliefs.
    Hello:

    My whole life is a fantasy - it's great!

    Answers to your questions:

    1) Work from home; independent income; income that NEVER retires, even if I choose to retire.

    2) Still doing what I love doing: working from home, writing, promoting and marketing online.

    3) I don't have (and don't need) all the "toys and trips" that a lot of people can't seem to live without. I have my computer, my writing ability and my desire for marketing. I can do without a lot of other stuff that people just love to go deeply into debt to possess.

    GT
    Signature

    * You Can Begin Earning Affiliate Income Here – Direct Commissions and Residual Income!
    * Home Business Resources and Affiliate Opportunities
    * Visit This Library to Expand Your Knowledge – Blog Post
    * Reinventing Your Life - Make the Rest of Your Life the BEST of Your Life!
    * Follow Me On Twitter ===> MyPowerSite <===| gtbulmer | StarrBizzcom

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[498849].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
      Originally Posted by GT View Post


      3) I don't have (and don't need) all the "toys and trips" that a lot of people can't seem to live without. I have my computer, my writing ability and my desire for marketing. I can do without a lot of other stuff that people just love to go deeply into debt to possess.

      GT

      I've come to realize I do not need
      those things either, but can you
      imagine the comfort that it would
      allow you to feel now knowing
      that you have the option.

      :-)
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mywebwork
    Jobs are what we had in the 20th century.

    In the 21st century some of us still have jobs, while others have self-guided careers. We are self-employed entrepreneurs, we set our own hours and work on things that interest and inspire us. Often we work longer and harder than our friends with traditional jobs, but it usually doesn't feel like work. When we achieve our carefully planned goals it's a feeling of accomplishment that no job could ever match.

    Internet Marketing is a self-guided career. And we are Entrepreneurs.

    Bill
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499558].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaijav29
    Whatever jobs you are in, if you are happy with it then stay! For me the most important thing in a job is that you enjoy it and having fun with it.

    And in our world right now there is no need to judge whether what kind of job you have but the most important thing is that you bring food to the table!
    Originally Posted by manzilla911 View Post

    Go Back to Your Boss and Quit This Internet Marketing fantasy.

    If you can not imagine and truly know what your life will look like after succeeding in the Internet marketing world. I truly believe you need to stop lying to yourself and go back to your boss. But ........

    Turning Imagination into belief


    If you could just stop and imagine a time in your life maybe tomorrow or maybe in the 10 years from now. When you have everything it is that you ever desired, and just then as you look back on your life, of things that you've done all the sacrifices you've made all the hard decisions you have to make.

    You now know, the effort behind all of that was worth it. Now you have what it is you desire. You have the fulfillment in your heart.

    We All Have the Potential to Succeed

    My friend each and every one of us can have this is experience. When you have faith in yourself facing a potential to succeed faith that no matter what you can obtain that which you desire. We all have the capability to succeed. that which each of us want might be different, but the core of that is all the same.

    Worthy Sacrifice

    If you can imagine the things that you're to have to sacrifice, your time ,your comfort. And so on. With the outcome of all this be worth it. As you step into this world of Internet marketing. You will not become a success overnight, and if you do get a hold of me I'd like to talk to you maybe get some tips.

    One Thing We Have in Common

    We are all on different paths in life, but the thing that we have in common is the goal. So, I wish you luck in your journey, for I know, if you truly desire something. I know, you can obtain it. You must ask yourself are the things you need to sacrifice worth the outcome.

    Allowing Your Fantasies Come True

    what is it that you desire out of Internet marketing?

    Where do you see yourself in three years?

    What sacrifices are you willing to give in are the to succeed?

    Feel free to posts on this forum the answers to these questions, and as you begin to type speak it out loud yourself. This will allow your mind to embed these beliefs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Teenage Genius
    WHAT?

    Stop internet marketing and get a real job? NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

    Let me explain (and embarrass myself).

    I am 18 years old. I left school here in the UK when I was 16. I have worked a total of 4 days in a "real job" in my life! I hate it! I used to sell abit of weed for money, but then I had my Son and grew up and away from things which could get me imprisoned.

    Then I found IM. I was already Internet Savvy because of my love for IT and Design but never thought of IM before.

    On my 2nd attempt at making a product and launch etc. I made myself £200 ($250-$300??) in 24 hours.

    Most people I know who have "real jobs" earn £200-£400 a WEEK.

    You see I'm a business man, I know too much now to turn back. Working has never been my thing... Selling on the other hand, and creation, that's what I was born to do!

    Not to mention that I have the biggest pull to becoming a millionairre... and that's not going to happen working a 9-5.

    So IM it is for life. You can't beat it. Holidays when you like... you can (kind of) decide how much money your going to make next week... it's ideal.

    Just my 2 cents.

    T.Genius
    Signature
    Genius SEO - WSO : Not only do you get TOP SPOT on Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask in MINUTES.... You Dominate the ENTIRE FRONT PAGE - One little 5 minute secret, massive results!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyt
    If you believe it is a job, then it is. With this mindset, you will treat it as a job, ie you will be working IN it, doing everything yourself, etc.

    But if you believe it is not a job but a business, well, then your mindset will change and you will work ON it, ie, outsource, leverage and grow it exponentially, like a real business.

    I choose to believe it is not a job but a great business
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony J Namata
    IM can be anything you want it to be "for you!" ... and so can a job to a certain extent. Slack when you're employed by someone and you will get fired; slack when you're working for yourself and you will make zilch! It really is that simple.
    Signature

    FEEL Better. LOOK Better. LIVE Better. Improve energy, virility and sexual performance naturally, without using prescription drugs. AMAZING SECRET REVEALED on my blog, at: https://tojona.blogspot.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[499740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author manzilla911
      Originally Posted by Anthony J Namata View Post

      IM can be anything you want it to be "for you!" ... and so can a job to a certain extent. Slack when you're employed by someone and you will get fired; slack when you're working for yourself and you will make zilch! It really is that simple.
      If you slack compared to the person that's working
      next to you. Not to your own standards, you will
      get fired. Maybe, if anyone notices.

      You can still be a slacker, but yet the best and
      hardest worker at your job in the eyes of your
      boss.

      But I absolutely promise you if you continue to
      hold yourself only comparable to others you will
      never achieve your pure potential.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506044].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kishio
        IM is not a job unless someone employs you to do it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506088].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Allen Lewis
    It's a job if you do stuff like: freelancing, graphic design, programming. You have to be physically present to make money.

    Basically, you are self-employed. You have just created a job for yourself.

    Don't work, and you don't make money.

    You have a business when you have technology/employees working for you tirelessly.

    Allen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michael_nguyen
    Call it what you want, if you want money out of internet marketing your going to have to set up systems that will make you money.

    This thread is making a fuss out of nothing. You have to work for your money even if you outsource it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[506234].message }}

Trending Topics