I read a post on here yesterday about making money from creating a gaming website. I'm intrigued as I want to know what's involved. My thoughts around a strategy is the following, but I wanted to know if it's as simple as this:
- find out which games are due to be released in, say, 6 months
- choose a game based on what appears to be popular
- use Market Samurai to find a keyword around this game and look at SEOV figures to determine if the keyword is profitable (i.e. SEOV > $1,000?)
- create a WP site around the keyword
- generate interest by blogging about the release and include a forum(?)
- add a link to Amazon for the pre-order
- add an email capture feature
- when the game is released, send an email to database with details of purchase.
Have I missed anything? Is this the type of strategy that's used for gaming websites?