Your Opinion: Is I.M Getting More or ... Less Newbie Friendly?

78 replies
With all the push button systems, software, podcast and webinars available now. Do you think Internet marketing is getting more newbie friendly or less? Your humble opinion appreciated. This link will go out to a newbie targeted email list for education purposes.
#friendly #newbie #opinion
  • Profile picture of the author the_icon
    IM in my opinion has never been and never will be newbie friendly. In order for a newbie to thrive at IM they need the knowledge first. To get the knowledge they have to sift through hundreds or even thousands of information products, and thats not even including all the scammers out there that want to take advantage of them.

    Only the people with the desire to succeed and the knowhow to spot a scam at work will make it.

    Just my two cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660799].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by the_icon View Post

      IM in my opinion has never been and never will be newbie friendly. In order for a newbie to thrive at IM they need the knowledge first. To get the knowledge they have to sift through hundreds or even thousands of information products, and thats not even including all the scammers out there that want to take advantage of them.

      Only the people with the desire to succeed and the knowhow to spot a scam at work will make it.

      Just my two cents
      Good point. Maybe I should say is it getting more or less friendlier? I say that because it has a lower threshold or entry point than most other (brick and mortar) businesses.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660820].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author M Thompson
      Originally Posted by the_icon View Post

      IM in my opinion has never been and never will be newbie friendly. In order for a newbie to thrive at IM they need the knowledge first. To get the knowledge they have to sift through hundreds or even thousands of information products, and thats not even including all the scammers out there that want to take advantage of them.

      Only the people with the desire to succeed and the knowhow to spot a scam at work will make it.

      Just my two cents

      I disagree, people are getting more switched on and aware of the scams.. there are some great resources and blogs out there that steer newbies in the right direction.

      Scam products usually get outed pretty quickly,
      Signature


      If you are serious about online marketing come and Join our free community The Foundation
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660823].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author the_icon
        Originally Posted by M Thompson View Post

        I disagree, people are getting more switched on and aware of the scams.. there are some great resources and blogs out there that steer newbies in the right direction.

        Scam products usually get outed pretty quickly,
        I agree that people are becoming more and more switched on but you can never get rid of the people that try to exploit the "newbie". Its a fact.

        I think its really just down to the individual concerned. If they have the savvy to succeed then they will. However if the person is desperate then this is the last market they want to get into because they will see everything as a potential winner and fall for every trick in the book.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660886].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Channing
        Banned
        Originally Posted by M Thompson View Post

        I disagree, people are getting more switched on and aware of the scams.. there are some great resources and blogs out there that steer newbies in the right direction.

        Scam products usually get outed pretty quickly,
        Bulls**t. People are getting scammed from these IM "Guru" c**ks***ers ever godd**n day. Are you kidding me? What makes you think that is true about people getting "switched on"???

        I've worked as a CSR for these worthless punk b**tar*s and they are scamming people every day, dude. People who are old and worried about their SS and pensions and retirement....

        Switched on my a**.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5670978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oliver Williams
    I agree with the_icon, I also believe that now there is more competition out there however there are also more resources available. A higher quality is required to succeed now but with the right tools it is easier to create and with out the knowledge in the first place its is definitely harder but then again there are more places available now to find quality IM education. So things are now more complicated I guess my answer is yes and no.
    Signature
    Don't believe everything you think
    \\\===========================///
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Venturetothetop
    Every business takes time to learn and time for you to become EXPERIENCED.

    Why do people assume that newbie's should jump into IM and make money from day 1?

    If you have something of VALUE - some knowledge or talent, then IM can be very welcoming. If you do not have anything of VALUE to offer, then naturally it is going to be a little harder - not impossible but harder.

    That is true of any business. The problem is not that IM is or isn't newbie friendly - the problem is that newbies enter IM with the wrong mindset. IM is being mis-sold...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamuelUherek
    It was 50/50 it's 50/50 and it will be 50/50. Why?

    The competition was very low years ago, but only people who knew how to use the Internet the right way would make it. Now, there is more software and that can do a lot of work for you, however, the competition is higher. I believe that in the future, it will be a lot easier to achieve what many good marketers do with hard work now. But... It won't be enough because everything will change.

    I think it's always up to the person. And it doesn't matter if you are a newbie or not.

    The final words. I think it's not easier for new ones. Simply because you are supposed to do things differently or more than before.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5660876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azmanar
    Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

    With all the push button systems, software, podcast and webinars available now. Do you think Internet marketing is getting more newbie friendly or less? Your humble opinion appreciated. This link will go out to a newbie targeted email list for education purposes.
    Hi,

    I'm guessing Newbie Friendly means Less Complex, Easier, Quicker, Cheaper and Safer.

    IMHO, ... IM is getting more Newbie Friendly.

    Why do I say so?

    1. More range of quality info-products available
    2. More range of quality products at cheaper price
    3. More people with experience are helping newbies
    4. More tools available at cheaper price and more functions
    5. More online reports that helps newbies filter scams
    6. More Legal protection & Government monitoring
    7. More payment options & security
    8. Warrior Forum Community as reference

    Now, there are more and more opportunities for newbies to tap.
    Signature
    === >>> Tomorrow Should Be Better Than Today

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661111].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author revstan
    Less, as the competition increases.

    Simple Stan
    Signature

    "No man is taller than when he bends down to help another in need"

    - Simple Stan -

    Making the path to income in internet marketing less complicated and as easy as 1-2-3 !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661126].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    One thing I have noticed with all the 'push-button' solutions these days is that many people rely on them far too much and don't have a clue how to do even the simplest tasks. Years ago when I got started we just got our hands dirty and learnt things like design, coding basics, etc because we didn't have all the tools to do it for us. Nowadays people don't want to learn anything and want to rely on all this automation.

    I would bet there are a crap load of people reading this thread who if I asked them to, could not integrate some simple auto-responder code into a form on a website. No, I'm not talking about inserting your auto-responder code into a webpage, that's easy and that's what everyone does nowadays. I am talking about having a form already on the website and having to put your auto-responder code into that form so it works with your auto-responder.

    My point is that is a VERY simple task but people struggle to do basic things like that nowadays. People also don't know how to open up a simple html page and make VERY basic changes. I get asked these questions all the time from people who are actually running web based businesses. It's crazy.

    I gotta say I'm glad I picked up things as I went along because having to rely solely on tools and outsourcers for your business would be a major pain in the a**.

    I remember watching a report on 60 minutes the other day of some country (I can't remember which one) that has no technology - no computers, no mobile phones, etc. My family were commenting on how behind the times they are and I said yes, but they sure look a lot happier than most of our society. I think on the whole technology just continues to overcomplicate our lives. People always argue that it makes life easier but I reckon that's a load of crap. I bet life was much easier 20 years ago. People weren't contactable wherever they went, people didn't have to remember 50 different passwords, people couldn't get into as much debt, and so on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661173].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Yulia from DNP
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      I remember watching a report on 60 minutes the other day of some country (I can't remember which one) that has no technology - no computers, no mobile phones, etc. My family were commenting on how behind the times they are and I said yes, but they sure look a lot happier than most of our society. I think on the whole technology just continues to overcomplicate our lives. People always argue that it makes life easier but I reckon that's a load of crap. I bet life was much easier 20 years ago. People weren't contactable wherever they went, people didn't have to remember 50 different passwords, people couldn't get into as much debt, and so on.

      I don't think that people got less happy. People need to compare to appreciate something, so im not sure that 20 years ago they were happier, i think they were as happy as they are now.People always want to involve and always want something they don't have.Its the culture , not the nature, but a very long culture, since there were differences in the economic status (= forever), unless you were born in a society that did not know what "economic status" is.
      Besides that, yeah, people got lazy, everything is automatic so why would anyone want to learn.Yes,IM is getting more newbie friendly ,but not in a good way.
      Signature

      Yulia borova
      Affiliate Manager | CPA Affiliates Network.
      $50 Signup Bonus – Faster approval for Warrior forum members

      Email: Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661588].message }}
  • I agree a lot with what Will's saying (not that he needs me to say so).

    So much of IM is now badged as push button, no effort sit there and watch paypal magic up cash for you. These sales techniques work well both for newbies and repeat product buyers. The problem now is that any sense of application has disappeared as a pre requisite for success from these people.

    You can make money. I even think you can make money if you have nothing to start with. It will take application though. You will need to do something. What you know from what you learn of here can make it look push button if you want it to but it does take action.
    Signature

    Be a business - wherever you are http://nomadentrepreneur.blogspot.co.uk/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
      It is a lot easier for a newbie to make money IF you act with common sense and expect to do some work.

      You can outsource most work that needs doing inexpensively.

      You can make quality websites quite easily using wordpress and inexpensive hosting solutions (you should have tried manually coding everything with html and paying hundreds of dollars a month for hosting...that was NOT newbie friendly).

      As always if you're looking to make a quick buck then you'll keep struggling until you realize that internet marketing is like any other business...you're only going to thrive if you provide real value and service to others.

      Kindest regards,
      Andrew Cavanagh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maximus242
    less friendly, market saturation leads to increased dispersion of wealth. The more mature IM becomes, the more inverse the proportion of wealth becomes in the market.

    In the end, one or two market leaders will dominate, and the rest will fight for scraps. This is the point where the market has entered into a state of final maturity. Then either decline or continuation occurs.

    As a few become more effecient at generating wealth, the division of prosperity increases inversely. Approximately 20% of successful people will hold 80% of all wealth in IM. The number only increases further as a few individuals become overly effecient at success in the market.

    Division between the best and everyone else will continue. Former IM's will become employees and wages will rise, lowering the incentive to business and turning the internet into a similarity to regular markets.

    The rising maturity of IM will lower margins but the competition that gets killed off will increase volume - providing incentive for hiring. This combination of lower margins and increased volume will lead to several large dominant players. Then the incentive for increased volume will cause people to snuff out competition - further moving towards a regular market.

    The good news is wages online should rise as the market becomes more efficient. Demands for volume will require online customer service, programming, etc. that usually gets handle by the business owner right now.
    Signature

    xResponsive Advertising Agency | Direct Marketing | Online Advertising | Create Breakthrough Campaigns for Your Business http://xresponsive.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661334].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Communication as a whole is getting more easier brought about by video sites, social media etc.

      This has a knock on effect on everything so I'm sure it's easier for beginners to learn IM more quickly.



      Daniel
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661367].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Oliver Williams
      Originally Posted by maximus242 View Post

      less friendly, market saturation leads to increased dispersion of wealth. The more mature IM becomes, the more inverse the proportion of wealth becomes in the market.

      In the end, one or two market leaders will dominate, and the rest will fight for scraps. This is the point where the market has entered into a state of final maturity. Then either decline or continuation occurs.

      As a few become more effecient at generating wealth, the division of prosperity increases inversely. Approximately 20% of successful people will hold 80% of all wealth in IM. The number only increases further as a few individuals become overly effecient at success in the market.

      Division between the best and everyone else will continue. Former IM's will become employees and wages will rise, lowering the incentive to business and turning the internet into a similarity to regular markets.

      The rising maturity of IM will lower margins but the competition that gets killed off will increase volume - providing incentive for hiring. This combination of lower margins and increased volume will lead to several large dominant players. Then the incentive for increased volume will cause people to snuff out competition - further moving towards a regular market.

      The good news is wages online should rise as the market becomes more efficient. Demands for volume will require online customer service, programming, etc. that usually gets handle by the business owner right now.
      That is a very well thought out and intelligent answer, based on the old mindset of limitation.

      I see things differently, there are many more variables and limitless abundance available that can and is created out of thin air every day. Its not a game of monopoly. The growth rate online is actually faster then the competition, sure in 20 years or so that may change but times are changing along with it. The mental shift is that there is actually limitless abundance available there always has and always will be, hence the reason why this has never happened offline even though it may all too often appear that way temporarily.
      Signature
      Don't believe everything you think
      \\\===========================///
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5668329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Suthan M
    Its still as friendly as ever- but there is definitely more noise.

    When I first started years ago- there were less option in the money making methods that is available online. Now, there is so many ways that a newbies can start- and sometimes, having too many options is also bad as it can overwhelm them.
    Signature

    Whats the latest movie you watched? Anything good?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AppsFromHome
    I think it is newbie friendly for sure...in fact, I have helped my "newbie" friends get into IM through small steps.

    Think about it, years ago there were not all the options available for "white labeling" big companies platforms like there are today. You can literally build your own company in a matter of minutes with drag and drop software that has everything you need.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisDH
    I think there is definitely more good information around today that can teach newcomers how to push things along more quickly but only if that newcomer is willing to work for it. That being said though there is also a lot of junk out there.

    If someone comes to the net thinking they are going to find the magic token to easy money then they are prime to be getting ripped off. On the other hand if they come online looking for ways to build up their business and they tread carefully then they can succeed.

    There is a lot of good and FREE information out there without chasing the latest shiny objects.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Ogbin
    IM industry is complicated in the first glance when you want to figure out everything at once. Technologies are overcomplicated our IM businesses if people are not focus in just tools that facilitate the processes that they want to do.

    There are tools that can really do the work for you but the problem is which tools to choice from thousands of softwares.

    There are some people that think that IM as heaven that give them Money whenever they want at anytime time they want even they don't know anything about the IM industry because they believe scams that full the internet and cheating people that believe there is a "money push button" softwares.
    Signature
    Speedy Up - Jumping game that change your mood and put smile in your face :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mr2monster
    As any industry expands, it becomes inherently more difficult to enter at a low price point, without some kind of distinguishing competitive advantage..

    So... Less newbie friendly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StephanieMojica
    I think less. Even experienced people have to really work to make profits; there's an inherent suspiciousness of IM among potential customers that didn't really exist before. Thus, you must really prove your knowledge through testimonials.

    Stephanie
    Signature
    Are you still struggling to grow your Internet business income? Learn the secrets that increased my income 700%--and can do the same for you--in my free report "5 Business Prosperity Secrets." Go here now to download your copy at no cost to you...http://www.businessprosperitysecrets.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author todayismonday20
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erob
    From my perspective and a person that is just finished their first year of IM. I would say that IM is simple but its not easy to do. I would suggest that anyone that is new to this, just not rely on push button magic that may or may not work. Learn and keep learning from the different aspects that or out there to make money with. There is lot of free info out there to get you started in the right direction, but keep in mind IM is like technology it is constantly changing one method that may have worked, may not work as well as it did before, or it may not work at all.

    The Biggest thing that I think is one of the most important of all is that a lot newbies think that you have to market in the IM niche. You sign up to a couple of list and all you see is IM products and software. Then you try and follow with the same thing. What a lot of newbies fell to realize is that a lot these marketers who's list they are on have several other list in different niches outside of internet marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenwaldo
    Can someone please explain to me the freak behind the persona of Alexa Smith?

    *ttp://******************************/************* *** ****

    Photos stolen form porn sites used to fool newbies into thinking such a person actually exists? ...
    Wow, good to know. If there's every been proof not to trust Warriors based on post count, this is it. Whew.

    To actually answer the OP:

    I started IM in 2009, and I think that as it stands now IM is getting harder to break into, but easier to learn. On the one hand, when I first started there was still the notion of the scammy "guru", but the "gurus" were themselves preaching against "gurus" in their sales letters, so it was very difficult to discern who was really who.

    Plus, it just seems like the products, at least the ones I bought, just weren't that great of quality. No one really knew what they were talking about. That being said, when I finally DID get it right I saw results pretty fast.

    Today, however, there's more training available than there has ever been, and it's training of a higher caliber than it's ever been. I feel like more marketers today realize that value = money and so they create high quality products.

    However, there are also a TON more IMers today than there were 3 years ago, so just by mathematical statistics there is bound to be at least slightly more competition. Plus, Google and SEO is a lot harder today than it was 3 years ago.

    So yea, that's what I would say!

    - Stephen
    Signature
    Need an awesome ghostwriter to fill in for you?

    Check out StephenWaldo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5662652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CDarklock
    Originally Posted by The Niche Man View Post

    Do you think newbies are getting more business friendly or less?
    Fixed that for you.

    Less.

    The average newbie ten years ago was a legitimate business owner looking for a way to run his business over the internet with minimal staff and facilities.

    The average newbie today is a working class loser who can't find a job and thinks he'll just make money on the internet like he keeps hearing about.

    The problem is not that doing business on the internet isn't getting easier. It's that the people trying to do business on it are getting stupider a lot faster.
    Signature
    "The Golden Town is the Golden Town no longer. They have sold their pillars for brass and their temples for money, they have made coins out of their golden doors. It is become a dark town full of trouble, there is no ease in its streets, beauty has left it and the old songs are gone." - Lord Dunsany, The Messengers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5664083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketingChad
    I think there are two things happening.

    1. The industry is getting more saturated, more marketers, more competition. Not saying that all the competition is good, there are definitely some pretty crappy products being turned out but everyone is "catching on" so to speak.

    2. Consumers are more aware of what's out there and they know what to avoid. The "Get rich Quick" sales copy doesn't fly as much as it used to.

    I think IM has become more accessible for newbies, but the competition is steeper so you need to have true quality to rise above the rest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5664153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ianstables
    Push button magic is sadly not real. These are just dreams internet marketers sell on their sales pages to get you to buy. If you spend time looking for this magic pill you'll just waste your money and time. Also you'll end up very confused.

    What you need is to understand that to make money you need to do something. But do the right thing. You need to find someone who know what they're doing and learn from them.

    You need certain essentials and don't let anyone tell you different.

    A website of your own.
    A product of your own. Information product is the best choice.
    Traffic generation methods.
    A daily schedule so you keep doing the right things every day.
    With these things you can make a lot of money.

    A word about creating an information product...

    The best place to start when creating information products to sell is make sure there are buyers.

    A lot of people make the mistake of creating their information product first and then look for buyers. You need to first see if people are buying. The best way is to creation solution products to problem. One problem one solution. Most people are happy to buy solutions to their problems. Especially if they solve the problem quickly.

    If you do things right then you should make money. It's wonderful when you start seeing it come in as well.

    Kind regards, Ian Stables
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5664736].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Josh880
      In my opinion I think it is more newbie friendly.

      With the help of Google and Youtube, a newbie can come into this business completely blind and learn things that would have taken him years to learn 10 years ago.

      Also with so many done for you services it has come to a point where you don't even have to really know how to do much yourself, you can always hire someone in your place.

      I ABSOLUTELY believe that things are more newbie friendly.

      But just because it is doesn't mean that its easier to make money.

      There is so much out there and things are growing everyday I think IM has become a lot more distracting, and this is a newbies worst nightmare.

      Just my opinion!
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5666052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brett Hitchcock
    I think the internet marketing scene is getting less newbie friendly because of the amount of ways now available to make money. You have to know what all the concepts and avenues are at least to make an informed decision about what you want to do. You will only last at doing something you enjoy. Just my humble opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5668348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnjonas01
    I think the reason why IM seems "unfriendly" or intimidating to newbies is because we're bombarded by all this information that we forget the basics. We're so busy looking for ways to make quick buck we forget the important stuff you need to do in order to be successful in IM. You need to do research, you need to pick the right niche, you need to build a good website but most of all, you NEED to understand how IM works. Skipping the basics is what makes IM really confusing if you're a newbie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5668401].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rich Shaw
      Every business takes time to learn and time for you to become EXPERIENCED.

      Why do people assume that newbie's should jump into IM and make money from day 1?

      If you have something of VALUE - some knowledge or talent, then IM can be very welcoming. If you do not have anything of VALUE to offer, then naturally it is going to be a little harder - not impossible but harder.

      That is true of any business. The problem is not that IM is or isn't newbie friendly - the problem is that newbies enter IM with the wrong mindset. IM is being mis-sold...
      I agree with this.

      To master anything is life takes time and dedication. Before I became involved in Internet Marketing I was an electrician and served a 4 year apprenticeship.

      Nowadays there is more information accessible for a newbie marketer but they usually have the wrong mindset and believe they can make money very quickly and easily!

      Luckily for me, I didn't just throw myself into it but built my business up steadily and when I was made redundant I decided to put all my effort into IM.

      The best piece of advice I would give to a newbie would be to find someone who could mentor them. That way they wouldn't fall into the same traps as some of us have done in the past.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5668559].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ralchevd
    Great thread!
    I agree with most of you - there is a lot more information revealed how to be a sucessful Internet Marketer, but ofcourse time has changed.
    This thread is awesome by the way http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...marketers.html
    I also think that the problem in most IM-ers is that they are afraid to take their own path. If you know what I mean - thousands of people digging one and the same gold mine - who wins? Those who find his own gold mine and dig it alone.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5668654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author azmanar
      Hi,

      Great thread. Reminds me the difference between reality and dreams.

      But I sure hate to be a person with a negative thinking pattern. This may form into an ugly attitude called - SKEPTICISM.

      IMHO, ... "skepticism" should only be a flag when there are less quality facts, which helps us to tread more carefully. But it should not be the core overriding principle in decision-makings.

      A negative thinking pattern would mean stunting growth of knowledge, self-limiting our own potentials and will result in loss of opportunities. That would be a shame.

      So, the best thing to do is dig more facts about IM and have my own experience.

      I still say that IM is more Newbie Friendly today, than previously.

      As proof, let me share a research video that shows how to raise PPC CONVERSIONS BY 47% FOR TEXT-BASED ADs with a little tweaking. It's still hot off the oven..

      Enjoy ! Its FREE ! 59min19seconds ... worth every second of it for NEWBIES.

      Signature
      === >>> Tomorrow Should Be Better Than Today

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5669625].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
        Originally Posted by azmanar View Post

        Hi,

        Great thread. Reminds me the difference between reality and dreams.

        But I sure hate to be a person with a negative thinking pattern. This may form into an ugly attitude called - SKEPTICISM.

        IMHO, ... "skepticism" should only be a flag when there are less quality facts, which helps us to tread more carefully. But it should not be the core overriding principle in decision-makings.

        A negative thinking pattern would mean stunting growth of knowledge, self-limiting our own potentials and will result in loss of opportunities. That would be a shame.

        So, the best thing to do is dig more facts about IM and have my own experience.

        I still say that IM is more Newbie Friendly today, than previously.

        As proof, let me share a research video that shows how to raise PPC CONVERSIONS BY 47% FOR TEXT-BASED ADs with a little tweaking. It's still hot off the oven..

        Enjoy ! Its FREE ! 59min19seconds ... worth every second of it for NEWBIES.

        www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRo-g81jC4g
        Thanks for the video. When I first saw the 59 minute length I hesitated to watch it. Big Mistake. After I settled down a week later with a cup of hot chocolate and watched it, I'm glad I did.

        I discovered an idea that just netted me $353 extra dollars by making 2 simple adjustments in my marketing. It was slap your forehead obvious after I watched the video.

        In fact, I plan to watch it again, it's one of those videos that's packed so tight with information if you watch it only once I guarantee you're missing something valuable. Excuse me while I punch the Thank You button.
        Signature
        Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
        "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
        "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5723715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    It's so fast paced....by the time you buy your WSO or course it's outdated. Imagine some guy revelaing his "secret" traffic source. (Yeah right) Well even if it did once work guess what? By tellnig peopel I'll bet there will then be at least 10,000+ people jumping in. And where the mases flood the profits vanish!

    I'd hate to build my whole busienss on ranking on G. Or affiliate stuff now. It's not long term at all.

    I find I.M. a a whole very frustrating. It changes too fast. You have to stop chasing fads and get down to basic business.
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5669781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    I fit into this :-( I know I do....I guess I have been lead a merry dance by so many people I trusted I now can't believe anyone. I can now see why so many busiensses will only do busienss with the law to back them up. Without it you wil lbe scamemd sooo many times it wil ldrive you crazy!Any how..back to basics.

    But I sure hate to be a person with a negative thinking pattern. This may form into an ugly attitude called - SKEPTICISM.
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5669810].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author azmanar
      Originally Posted by sloanjim View Post

      I fit into this :-( I know I do....I guess I have been lead a merry dance by so many people I trusted I now can't believe anyone. I can now see why so many busiensses will only do busienss with the law to back them up. Without it you wil lbe scamemd sooo many times it wil ldrive you crazy!Any how..back to basics.
      Hi,

      I've got the round-arounds and got ripped off too. It comes with the territory of doing business aka risk-taking - offline and online as well.

      That won't make me snug somewhere and feel sorry for myself. That's depressing.

      When you know what you want and you have a direction, create a set of steps you can take to move on.

      Here are some assets you have which no one else can control:
      1. Your knowledge
      2. Your time
      3. Your energy
      4. Your mind
      5. Your health

      Even without money, those 5 assets are your capacity which you can improve every minute.

      Of course, time is linear and no one in the world can do anything about it. What you can improve with time is what you do with it in the next seconds, hours, days, months and years.

      One of the ways is Time Management. This does not only mean planning time, this means make full use of time as well.

      One way to make full use of time is to squeeze more things from a set period. To do that you apply WORK TEMPLATING. You will also be relieved of the pressure with this.

      What it really means is you take notes on the systems and processes you are using to produce the same output. Pick the most productive set of steps that achieves the most. Make it as a work template.

      You can apply this in your IM efforts. One example to deploy this method in Video Marketing. In fact you can deploy this in everything you do everyday.

      It works because it saves time, energy and the output is greater with more quality.

      That fits what Kay King said, KNOW WHAT TO IGNORE.

      edit : You can reword it positively -> KNOW WHAT TO FOCUS ON ...
      Signature
      === >>> Tomorrow Should Be Better Than Today

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5670066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arroway
    A person who works hard and has the right mindset can always get into this business. The Internet is expanding and opportunities are growing continuously. If anything, I'd say it's getting easier!

    Allen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5669815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    First thing is what is I.M to you?

    Sellnig get rich re[orts to the gullible?
    Or affilaite marketing

    Or creating a real biz for the Net?

    Or another marketing channel for your business?

    Most are stuck in the "get rich sell crap" kind of business. If you create a real busienss with real value I guess it can work.
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5669828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    No i do not believe this. It has matured I.M.H.O. Th easy money was pre 2005. Especailly pre 2000 where you could buy premium domain names and set up new business ideas. The easy money ha sgone now. But yes of course new, multi million.billion $ ideas will come along just not as easy.

    As for affiliate marketing/SEO etc....that's only going to get more and more crowded.

    The Internet is expanding and opportunities are growing continuously. If anything, I'd say it's getting easier!
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5669843].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      You have to stop chasing fads and get down to basic business.
      You can't follow the WSO section daily and expect money - you can't follow anyone completely and make money. You have to make your own plan and your own path.

      You need to run a BUSINESS not go for "IM dreams".

      It wasn't easier pre-2005 - it was harder. You learned to build a site - not to install a 2 click blog. You had to battle the perception of the public that "paying online is dangerous". Before Paypal you had to find a way to get paid in the first place.

      The first marketers online paid $60-80 for each domain they registered...and today people are whining about "I can't afford $10 for a domain". It took serious effort (and some investment) to make money in 2000, 2005 - and now. That part doesn't change.

      It wasn't easier "back then" and it's not really easier now. The internet keeps changing and evolving and providing different challenges. The biggest challenge today is knowing what to IGNORE. You can't follow every plan or gimmick and get anything done.
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

      I'm going to work on being less condescending
      (Condescending means to talk down to people)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5670049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Flores
    Being relatively new myself, I have found it to be difficult. I would say that internet marketing as a whole is more Newbie friendly (because of the simplicity of the process compared to years ago, I read anyway), however the specific niche of IM is becoming extremely hard to break into because there are so many well established authorities in this niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5671025].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PPC-Coach
    I'd say it's harder now then it was several years ago.

    There's too many distractions, too many lies and too many goofballs ripping off newbies day and night.

    Newbies are sold push button stuff because that's what they want. They don't know that push button does not exist.

    They have unrealistic expectations and quit after the first failure.

    I think it goes back to some people are just not meant to be self employed.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5671113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    As far as resources being available now, I agree with Kay. There are resources available now that just weren't there years back. But as far as the people coming online, I'd say it's harder for them because so many really just don't have the understanding of business that you need to be successful. All those "gurus" that you see that have been making a lot of money were actually pretty sharp business people offline, too. You don't see guys that had an intelligence level which made them feel lucky to have a job sweeping floors or flipping burgers becoming successful. That doesn't mean that in a rough economy people are reduced to doing that even though their skills are intact - that means people who don't have the skills to get anything better. The truth is, too many listen to "anyone can do it" crap instead of figuring out what their skill level is and looking for resources to build those skills. They try to build the business first without them. It just doesn't work that way.

    So while there are better resources, there is still a vast majority that don't make it. Those with skills already built have it made now.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5671399].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dbarnum
      I believe it's newbie friendly.

      Let people know, though, there is a difference between "types" of newbies, as there are types of other people, too. And those newbies who are needy, whiny and / or need hand-holding may be at a disadvantage. Likewise newbies who are not into learning via videos or reading (ie which means they may thus need lots of hand-holding), may also be at a disadvantage, as many programs, products and services are not geared for those types of individuals. Some offer customized help (like phone support or direct email), but costs are often higher and spaces for these types of services are often limited, if offered at all, and carry an expiration date to offer limited one-on-one time segments of help.

      So it will pay to take things slow and steady, thoroughly reading documents, watching training videos, taking notes on their own, etc. to get up to speed and stay there, even if other people report rapid success. IE patience is needed - with themselves and with others (i.e. other programs, services & people) out there today.
      Signature




      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5671731].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SamuraiKat
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      As far as resources being available now, I agree with Kay. There are resources available now that just weren't there years back. But as far as the people coming online, I'd say it's harder for them because so many really just don't have the understanding of business that you need to be successful. All those "gurus" that you see that have been making a lot of money were actually pretty sharp business people offline, too. You don't see guys that had an intelligence level which made them feel lucky to have a job sweeping floors or flipping burgers becoming successful. That doesn't mean that in a rough economy people are reduced to doing that even though their skills are intact - that means people who don't have the skills to get anything better. The truth is, too many listen to "anyone can do it" crap instead of figuring out what their skill level is and looking for resources to build those skills. They try to build the business first without them. It just doesn't work that way.

      So while there are better resources, there is still a vast majority that don't make it. Those with skills already built have it made now.

      I hvae only been on since 2009. I hate to sound like I am standing on both sides of the fence, but here is my 2 cents. It is harder because there is so much noise on the internet. If you are trying to use automated tools, with out understanding why you are using them you will struggle.

      More people are online, but how well do they understand marketing? Case in point, go look at the major freelance sites, how many people are saying they want 10k fans, connections, followers, etc? While this may seem like the goal, that does not mean that they will monetize. People don't know what they don't know.

      It is easier, as there is much more validity with regards to buying on the internet. We can argue that it was easier pre 2005. I am not so sure. Were people as willing to give out their credit card info online?

      I know from my own experience as a consultant, people are still clueless as to what they need to do. The ton of marketing advice is nepotism at its best. Personal, I don't know what it was like a decade ago. What I do know is this. Can people get a decent website for under $500? Yes. Are there successful companies that are selling web design services for over 10k? Absolutely.

      Ultimately, if you get involved in the online world now you need to understand that you are NOT the only game in town. Thus you do need to understand the concept of business, marketing and sales. You can't just slap up a sight and think that you are going to become an overnight millionaire. It's TONS easier because there are still a majority of people that think that is all it takes.
      Signature

      For the best Workers Compensation Lawyer, goto www.CompLegal.com.au Let me know if you are needing a home bowling alley

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5742532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author digichik
    Newbies need to take the time to learn the fundamentals if they hope to really profit at internet marketing.

    They're so anxious to make money they skip the important part, how to do it properly by learning the basics.

    If they'd take the time to notice, no expert/guru makes money online without knowing the fundamentals. Why do newbies think they can skip this important step?
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5676068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author techbul
    This could really be a big debate. On the one hand, publishing has never before been so easy to do. You just slap a theme on your website and you are good to go.
    On the other, it starts to get over-saturated. You need to find an untouched niche and develop from there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5676155].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by techbul View Post

      This could really be a big debate. On the one hand, publishing has never before been so easy to do. You just slap a theme on your website and you are good to go.
      On the other, it starts to get over-saturated. You need to find an untouched niche and develop from there.
      You're spot on. And the key word is "oversaturation". More marketers are starting to sell the same or similar products to each other. Fewer marketers are pioneering or finding the unique niches. More marketers are afraid to risk, create new paths or innovate. That's not a good sign in the long run in my opinion.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steven sanderson
    I believe it is getting more newbie friendly, people are getting more switched on and aware of the scammers out there and i believe the ratio is starting to turn where there are more genuine people online than there has ever been

    Steven
    Signature
    [RAVE REVIEWS] WSO - THIS MAY JUST BE THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU EVER MAKE !!

    DON'T BELIEVE ME, CLICK THE LINK AND SEE FOR YOURSELF http://www.warriorplus.com/wso/view/40365
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5676446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simon Ashari
    Even the simple act of putting a site up (now very easy thanks to wordpress) has become significantly easier.

    Also, the growth in competition isn't as fast as the growth in commerce on the internet as a whole (at least in my opinion). We shouldn't be looking at the internet as a zero sum game (where one person making money means someone else misses out) but as a positive sum game (with more people confident of typing their credit card details over the internet).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5676474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kasher9
    I'd say it's what you make of it, people are also getting more tech savvy as well. It's like the computer problem; people say it's getting harder to use a computer, but the people that are quite good with pc's think that the GUI's are getting much easier.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5706334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author damasgate
    If you can get a newbie to buy your stuff, then you've got a customer for life
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5723724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gaston Wolf
    If you're starting out there is a lot to learn. IM will always be the same, it's not getting easier and it's not getting harder. Things are constantly changing, just need to keep doing what works.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5723729].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Gaston Wolf View Post

      Things are constantly changing, just need to keep doing what works.
      I think that's what makes I.M challenging for most people. It's constantly changing. What works today may not work (or work as well) tommorrow. It's like a moving target. It's good for those who are flexible, adaptable and adjustable. But bad for those who insist on doing it the way they've always done it.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5726951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author canada94
    It's about the mindset of the individual, people of today live in an Instant world, they think they can come into I/M, do very little work and expect to make a mint in a few days, and when they don't, they move on to the next 'big thing'. An online business is like any business with a few primary steps.

    1 Choose a popular niche
    2 Visit forums and find out what they want
    3 Create your own, or promote some else's product
    4 Give it to them
    5 Rinse and repeat

    It's really not rocket science, but it takes work, time and dedication, so stop looking for the instant fix, it does'nt exist.

    Rant over.lol


    Kevin
    Signature

    [B]If you are looking to turn your ebook into an Amazon bestseller,then visit http://babystepspublishinglimited.com,and let me help you

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5727074].message }}
  • In my opinion the best way to market yourself or your product or service now is to do a podcast or webinar. Webinar is the best because of the psychology involved. It's a great way to show results right now... That's important...

    The power of following along with someone and seeing the results on the computer

    screen as it happens is as the old saying goes " Picture is worth a thousand words " Then a live webinar is worth million...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5727115].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marko87
    The internet IMO is the most easy way to get into "business" simply due to the low barrier of entry.

    The costs of getting started online are no where near that of an offline business. Also, these days a lot of the techy stuff can be taken care of through tools which years ago you would have to learn things like coding and such yourself which is obviously time consuming.

    Obviously there are a lot more people looking to make their fortune online now than ever before however, if you look at the rate the internet is growing and ecommerce in general then there's still lots of room for people to make a living online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5727117].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Marko87 View Post

      The internet IMO is the most easy way to get into "business" simply due to the low barrier of entry.

      The costs of getting started online are no where near that of an offline business. Also, these days a lot of the techy stuff can be taken care of through tools which years ago you would have to learn things like coding and such yourself which is obviously time consuming.

      Obviously there are a lot more people looking to make their fortune online now than ever before however, if you look at the rate the internet is growing and ecommerce in general then there's still lots of room for people to make a living online.
      All you say is true, but sometimes I think the very reasons you gave can be a two-edged sword for many. Because there is so much "techy stuff" many people assume they can by-pass learning the fundamentals of marketing (or even business) and enjoy long-term success.

      And because as you say, the cost of entry to get started online is no where near that of an offline business. That's good too. But that also clogs the marketplace with quick buck dreamers offering "low entry" junk products. And giving the industry a blemish in the eyes of the general public.

      And I agree because of the economy more people are looking to make a fortune online. I just wish more people wanted to serve the market more instead of their own greed. But that's a part of the game we all have to deal with too.

      Nevertheless it still grows not just because of the reasons you gave, but probably despite them. Just a thought.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5730496].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Marko87 View Post

      The internet IMO is the most easy way to get into "business" simply due to the low barrier of entry.

      The costs of getting started online are no where near that of an offline business. Also, these days a lot of the techy stuff can be taken care of through tools which years ago you would have to learn things like coding and such yourself which is obviously time consuming.

      Obviously there are a lot more people looking to make their fortune online now than ever before however, if you look at the rate the internet is growing and ecommerce in general then there's still lots of room for people to make a living online.
      Good points and I tend to agree with them all. But the reasons you gave also presents a two-edge sword in most cases. For example, the low barrier to entry makes it easy for quick buck dreamers to clog up the marketplace. Offering low entry junk products and "no customer service"

      And because of so much "techy stuff" available more people neglect the need to learn the fundamentals of marketing (or even business) because of it.

      As you said more people than ever is looking to make a fortune. And I agree. I just wish more people would look to make an impact in serving the market more instead of their greed. But all of that is a part of the game to and keeps it interesting and challenging.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5730569].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Marko87 View Post

      The internet IMO is the most easy way to get into "business" simply due to the low barrier of entry.

      The costs of getting started online are no where near that of an offline business. Also, these days a lot of the techy stuff can be taken care of through tools which years ago you would have to learn things like coding and such yourself which is obviously time consuming.

      Obviously there are a lot more people looking to make their fortune online now than ever before however, if you look at the rate the internet is growing and ecommerce in general then there's still lots of room for people to make a living online.
      Good points, but sometimes I think the very reasons you gave can be a two-edge sword. For example, because their is so much techy stuff people neglect learning the fundamentals of marketing (or even business).

      And the low cost of entry allows people to get in for the wrong reasons. Like quick buck dreamers and fast buck pimps.

      Your right, more people are looking to make a fortune. I just wish more would look to make an impact on the industry. But I guess that keeps it interesting and challenging.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5730643].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Good points, but sometimes I think the very reasons you gave can be a two-edge sword. For example, because their is so much techy stuff people neglect learning the fundamentals of marketing (or even business).

      And the low cost of entry allows people to get in for the wrong reasons. Like quick buck dreamers and fast buck pimps.

      Your right, more people are looking to make a fortune. I just wish more would look to make an impact on the industry. But I guess that keeps it interesting and challenging.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5730678].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by Marko87 View Post

      The internet IMO is the most easy way to get into "business" simply due to the low barrier of entry.

      The costs of getting started online are no where near that of an offline business. Also, these days a lot of the techy stuff can be taken care of through tools which years ago you would have to learn things like coding and such yourself which is obviously time consuming.

      Obviously there are a lot more people looking to make their fortune online now than ever before however, if you look at the rate the internet is growing and ecommerce in general then there's still lots of room for people to make a living online.
      Good points, but sometimes I think the very reasons you gave can be a two-edge sword. For example, because their is so much techy stuff people neglect learning the fundamentals of marketing (or even business).

      And the low cost of entry allows people to get in for the wrong reasons. Like quick buck dreamers and fast buck pimps.

      Your right, more people are looking to make a fortune. I just wish more would look to make an impact on the industry. But I guess that keeps it interesting and challenging.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5730726].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Good points, but sometimes I think the very reasons you gave can be a two-edge sword. For example, because their is so much techy stuff people neglect learning the fundamentals of marketing (or even business).

      And the low cost of entry allows people to get in for the wrong reasons. Like quick buck dreamers and fast buck pimps.

      Your right, more people are looking to make a fortune. I just wish more would look to make an impact on the industry. But I guess that keeps it interesting and challenging.
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5730738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
    Banned
    The concept of IM, is easy. It sounds easy and is kinda' easy if you ask me. But the amount of work and dedication you have gotta' put in is insane and most people aren't willing to do that.

    I mean the making money bit isn't hard, all the people making money are essentially doing the same thing. Mimic what they do at the best of your ability and the chances are you will make some money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5733128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darklord
    it all depends on the "newbies" in question here.
    some will find the many content available resourceful , some will find it distracting
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5733269].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by darklord View Post

      it all depends on the "newbies" in question here.
      some will find the many content available resourceful , some will find it distracting
      Good point, with so much content available now, does that present another challenge? Information Overload! That's an issue that's coming up more and more as an obstacle to success. Ironic isn't it?
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMAdam
    Having been in this game for quite some time and seeing many things evolve, I believe things are more newbie friendly then when I first started. Just to give you an idea of how long it's been the first e-book I ever bought was from the Rich Jerk. That is "ages" in the IM world. With all the resources, training and tools available to newbies, IM is a dream come true for those willing to take advantage of this opportunity.

    Just think of it this way, if a newbie starts TODAY, makes a plan, learns what he/she needs to and implements what he/she has learned, there is no reason for that person not to succeed!

    Having said that, I don't think there really IS a push button solution that many may make you want to think there is, and it's certainly not easy to get any business going with out understanding the basics.
    Signature

    "Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right" - Henry Ford

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    It all depends who the newbie listens to for advice. For general internet marketing advice, i think that people have taken the simple and turned it into a complicated process, that makes it hard for a newbie to understand.

    You have graphics on squeeze and sales pages, exit chat boxes, exit pop ups, software that claim to get you traffic overnight (every night), and etc. And newbies think that they need all of these things to have their own successful internet business.

    In short, IM is definitely getting less newbie friendly.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5738619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sriram rajan
    For newbie going solo IM is not a very friendly place as too many things to learn and not sure of what to do.. this all changes when you do see and follow a few succesful people and join gorups etc..then you have a more user friendly and laid out plan which if followed can make things easier fr you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5744362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimWaller
    Some things are easier, and some are harder:
    There are many more tools to make some tasks WAY easier. (Imagine keyword research without the tools available now)
    There is more competition and tarnished reputations which makes it more difficult.
    IM itself is only a tool for selling whatever product in whatever niche.
    With the lower cost of entry, it is easier to be involved in more niches than it used to be.
    One need not be anywhere as tech savvy as used to be necessary, but that is also true of computers in general. In the 1980s, you had to know at least some programming just to use a very simple computer. Now you don't even have to have the slightest clue of how to program a computer in order to use a very complex one. IM is following this path. As technology increases, the need to be tech savvy decreases, so it is easier in regards to knowledge of the technical side.
    However, there are many more choices available for the newbie, so in that respect it is harder.
    Social media sites offer many more potential sources of traffic, which is easier, but the potential customer base is more skeptical of IM than they used to be, which is harder.
    I find this topic pretty fascinating. Thanks The Niche Man for bringing it up.

    Best regards,
    Jim Waller
    Signature
    Are you in the Orlando area? Join our mastermind group

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5744752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NakedBen
    Making money online is easier than ever.

    As a lad we had to print everything by hand. And then profit was only made if 90% of the stock was sold.

    Today you can have a business up in a day with an offer made by evening. Money in the pocket soon afterwards and delivery at a later date if it is a course or coaching.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5744757].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blackbelt
    WOW! Ok seeing you asked. I'm most likely going to upset some folks here, but here goes. I believe it is a lot easier for newbies considering the fact that most folks are so overwhelmed with all the crap out their. Now if a newbie begins with the right mentor he has got it made. Must be willing to work.
    Signature
    Joe's Done It Again I'm excited to guide those who are ready to earn $100-$500 cash daily. http://cashdonerite.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5744892].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lolusernames
    I don't think this industry is newbie friendly at all. In fact, I think a lot of the people who have been around this industry a little longer take advantage of the newbies. They make sales pages with crazy, unattainable earnings and spend all their time convincing newbies that they can make the exact same thing "by next week" or something crazy. When I was brand new, it took me a while to realize that. I wish there were more marketers out there who were honest and truly helpful to the new people in this industry. I'm not saying they don't exist, but they seem to be harder to find.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5744999].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author The Niche Man
      Originally Posted by lolusernames View Post

      I don't think this industry is newbie friendly at all. In fact, I think a lot of the people who have been around this industry a little longer take advantage of the newbies. They make sales pages with crazy, unattainable earnings and spend all their time convincing newbies that they can make the exact same thing "by next week" or something crazy. When I was brand new, it took me a while to realize that. I wish there were more marketers out there who were honest and truly helpful to the new people in this industry. I'm not saying they don't exist, but they seem to be harder to find.
      That's a good point, maybe it's not just the market that is more or less newbie friendly, but the people. Hmm!
      Signature
      Download "Free 80 Page E-Book"
      "201 Ways To Live Better On Less Money".
      "Because The Easiest Way To Make Money is ... ... By Saving Some First!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5768285].message }}

Trending Topics