If you want success, this Shiny Object is a MUST!

42 replies
Howdy folks!

I just wanted to share with you something I found a few years ago.

To me, it's one of the best things I ever found.


It was awesome concept and so easily spelled out that it almost instantly brought me success.

I guess you could consider this a "positive review" of sorts.

In any event, before I found it...I really struggled to make it. I was wasting time, money, and sorta flailing around like a chicken with his head cut off.


When someone first recommended it to me, I resisted the idea of buying into it.

See, I didn't want to believe it so easy. I thought the keys to success were was in the things other people kept hidden. You know, secrets.

Somehow, certain people kept me out of the loop, and that the reason I was failing was due to the fact that no one would help me like I thought they should.


But then, after fighting it and fighting it, I decided to check out this shiny object and see what it was.


And the great thing was, it was CHEAP!


It wasn't $97.

It wasn't $47.

It wasn't even $7.

It was free.


Want to know what this shiny object is?


It's Self Reliance.

In order to run a successful business, you first have to take responsibility for your actions.


It wasn't the WSO runners fault I couldn't keep organized.

It wasn't the guru's fault - keeping "secrets" from me.

It wasn't anyone else's fault other than my own that I couldn't keep focused.


Once I embraced this fact - once I took responsibility for my success and my failures...I:

Stopped buying products. I instead learned the secrets by doing, trying, failing, retrying, failing, retrying, succeeding.

I stopped buying and started selling.

I stopped worrying about "failure." Instead, I knew it was going to happen and tried anyway. Then when it succeeded, I gained confidence and another notch, another "technique" under my belt I could use.

Now, I only buy stuff that will help me. Information I lack and would like to learn more about - stuff that fits with my business plan. Both info products and software alike.

And not just buying inside the IM market. I also have stopped buying stupid stuff. I don't waste money on frivolous things that don't end up really bring me happiness. I used to be an impulsive spender. Now I'm a cautious spender.

Instead of Jealousy for others success, blaming them for "keeping secrets", I now I hang out with people who are successful. I try to hang out with MORE successful people, helping them - knowing that they'll ultimately help me - whether it be through direct help, or through learning something new.

You see, learning self reliance has given me courage, optimism, and the self confidence to make it.


This month will be my be my biggest month ever - I'm now making more money than my parents in a month than they make in a year.

And it's all because I've taken control of my life. All because I've learned to be self reliant.

Now go pick up a copy of self reliance, I recommend it. You can find it inside of you, somewhere.

You won't regret it!

Rob
#object #shiny #success
  • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
    Originally Posted by ccmusicman View Post

    I Stopped buying products. I instead learned the secrets by doing, trying, failing, retrying, failing, retrying, succeeding.

    When it really comes down to it if you just do that you'll start making money sooner or later.

    Great post.

    Kindest regards,
    Andrew Cavanagh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Seth Bias
    Mental toughness but i do like your secret it is 100% true as well!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Elmar
    100% Agree with what your saying. If only every newbie read this post and contemplated it the failure rate would be way less in this industry.

    But

    It's so much easier to blame others for your failures.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DianaHeuser
    Originally Posted by ccmusicman View Post

    In order to run a successful business, you first have to take responsibility for your actions.
    Rob
    Rob,

    Love your headline

    I have discovered that both in your personal and business life, that comment above is the critical difference between success and failure.

    If I bought a course and did not apply the principles diligently, then I cannot blame anyone but myself for not succeeding.

    Most of the threads on the board at the moment seem to be focused on blaming everyone else for their failures instead of themselves.

    Thanks for the reality check

    Di
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      I love it Rob!

      I keep telling everybody that the secret ingredient to success is "you"!

      Take the "you" out of the sauce and failure is eminent because one can have all of the best advice, how to books, training, programs and tools, but without that secret ingredient "you", they're all nothing.

      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adrian Int
    Rob, you've got it.

    Self reliance is a key trait. Confidence and Courage are usually somewhere nearby too... haha.

    Taking responsibility for your own success or failure is a definite step in the right direction if you want to own (and operate) a business.

    Cheers,
    -Adrian
    Signature
    ATTENTION: Improve your list building. Free report and mp3
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5698566].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephngreek
    Your post is very impressive, and very helpful thoughts.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monkseo
    As Confucius says "It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop"
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699323].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vufxteam
    great insights. i always believe that it is never about following instructions on a WSO. it's about creating something of your own, with the knowledge that those books have taught you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Huynh
    What you had Rob was a change in mindset. Before you have a mindset shift, you're going to always get the results you've been getting. Once that mindset shift kicks in, you'll find that the results are totally different. A change in mindset changes your actions, and those changes are what cause you to achieve better results. So if people are not getting the results that they want, then it's time to look at changing the thought process (aka mindset).

    Successful people take responsibility for their actions instead of blaming their failure on external things. When you make a mistake, you have to learn from it and not make it a second time. That's how we grow as a person. I'm happy for your success.
    Signature
    Living the internet lifestyle!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ltespd
      "once I took responsibility for my success and my failures...I stopped buying and started selling." Very insightful post. So very true.
      Signature
      www.buyaweightlossdietonline.com

      "Together we can do anything"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Victoralexon
    Inspiring read. In my opinion, this post alone is worth more than many of the so-called shiny object products that are out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5699640].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jenn1
    Great concept! if you had sold it for 47.00 I would have bought it!! LOL
    Signature
    This Music Makes You Smarter
    www.BrainwaveAndCrystals.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny10
    It's so important to take a look at our self's and our own actions. We tend get immersed in IM, then blame other's for something that hasn't worked out the way it should.
    We should be self reliant and when things don't work out ask "What did I do incorrectly?" instead of blaming everyone else. Learn from this and move on to bigger and better things.

    By the way, comments like this give me a lot of inspiration to never give up and continue taking action as it reinforces the fact that my dream is a reality and can be achieved with hard work and determination:
    "This month will be my biggest month ever - I'm now making more money than my parents in a month than they make in a year".

    Rob, thanks for a great post.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AC21DJ
    Awesome post!!!

    The key to success is "you".

    Self reliance and taking responsibility for your own actions.

    Aaron
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Oliver Williams
    Excellent post, the more things in life that you are willing to take responsibility for, the more power you have to change things.
    Signature
    Don't believe everything you think
    \\\===========================///
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dazkat
    Great Post ccmusicman
    Very true, especially liked your point - "I instead learned the secrets by doing, trying, failing, retrying, failing, retrying, succeeding".
    This is how we all learnt to walk, talk, read & write.
    Thanks for reminding us of this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700580].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TLH Media Mktg
    You nailed it, ccmusicman. Taking 100% responsibility for everything that shows up in our lives rather than blaming others is magical and allows us to stand in our own Power and Succeed!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Howard
    Thanks guys.

    Just to make sure I'm clear, I'm not suggesting to never buy another info product or not to seek out help.

    The difference is that once we realize we're in charge of our lives, we take responsibility for it, and then we (hopefully) start making better decisions.

    I see a lot of people who struggle to make it, who want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Problem is, it's actually impossible to hand everything to someone.

    Even if someone did all the work, built up a business to financial success and then handed it over to someone, that business would ultimately fail, as long as the person on the receiving end didn't have self reliance.

    Finally, self reliance isn't an end all/be all. It's just the start. It helps you to take action, it helps you to learn and discover things on your own, and helps you realize that you don't need to be led by anyone.

    Rob
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700790].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mikal Laster
    Originally Posted by ccmusicman View Post

    Howdy folks!

    I stopped buying and started selling.


    Rob


    DEEP! Very Deep!
    Thanks for the advice!

    Best Regards, Mikal Laster
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jetmir
    One very useful post.

    Thank you!
    Signature

    ATTENTION: Do you wanna make up to 100$ a DAY with 20 minutes of super-easy work?

    It's never been easier. Send me a Private Message for details.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5700893].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mark A Geisler
      Great post Rob! You really nailed it beautifully.

      Once you "get" this concept, the sky is the limit and you truly become a professional because you accept responsibility and accountability!

      Thanks for the inspiration!

      Mark A Geisler
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5701272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jaiganeshv
    Another good one from Rob.. nice read..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5701334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author orpaz191
    words of wisdom. there are a lot of people here that really need an information diet.
    Signature

    Karma is sweet :)
    The only way to succeed is to make others successful.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5701389].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author O0o0O
    Stopped buying products. I instead learned the secrets by doing, trying, failing, retrying, failing, retrying, succeeding.
    "Learning" should be on the list too. There are lots of free sources of information you can get without paying money. Great post!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5701406].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      You get a new take on the word "failure", too.

      If you could watch the actual linear progress of a guided missile, you would see that it is never a perfectly straight line. It veers a bit this way, and then corrects itself. It veers a little too much that way, and again corrects itself. Eventually, it reaches the spot it was aimed at.

      It did not fail just because it had to make corrections. You do not fail just because something does not work and you have to make corrections.

      But if, instead of figuring out how far off course you are and how to get back on course, you spend your time blaming the map or the vehicle or the weather, you will not reach your target.

      If things run true to form, some whiner will jump in and complain about people who sell crappy products or lie about what they will do. Yup, some people do sell crappy products or lie. So what?

      You bought the crappy product or the lie. It didn't work out. Do what you can to get your money back, then dust yourself off, figure out where you are and get back on course. It's not your fault if you got taken in, but it is your fault if you let that stop you and make you give up.

      Ladies, pardon the expression, but you need to take responsibility and just "man up" and keep moving.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5701921].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chris1093
        Awesome Post man. Most people in the Internet Marketing world are not playing to win but to not fail. You have to play to win which means taking chances and learning from them. You know that there will be setbacks on the way but they are small steps in the greater plan. If you play to not fail you will never take chances because you dont realize it is a necessary part of the process.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vonmoore
    Great post! It does seem there are many buyers here with a 'buyer mentality' ....and what's needed is a 'seller mentality'. And the part about being willing to fail is super important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702601].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 123andyt
      Has anyone noticed the proliferation of sales pages with video in which 2-3 minutes into the video whoever is presenting utters the immortal words "it's not your fault" before promising to explain the secrets that all the "gurus" hold back from you ...

      It seems to be a very popular ploy and whenever I see a video like this I now click out of it immediately because to be quite honest, it is your fault! Who else could possibly be to blame?

      Thanks Rob for posting this because it perfectly encapsulates what I am thinking at the moment. It is my fault that I haven't succeeded in the way that I should have succeeded in my IM efforts. It was only 3-4weeks ago that I realised why and things have begun to pickup .. your post sums my feelings up perfectly....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Harvey M
    Very inspirational post. Thanks mate!
    Signature
    There's no need for a Plan B because it distracts from Plan A.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wealthyclark
    This is very true, I found out the hard way as well. Now that I do have a little success, I realize that the things that are working the best for me are exactly the things that you can search google all day about and find very little useful information on.
    Signature
    Now Accepting All Countries! Earn $5.10 Per Free Referral, Totally Free To Participate!
    WealthyClark.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author messiah
    Excellent post, Rob.

    Bottom line is this isn't rocket science. We all know how to make money online, it's just a matter of focusing and doing.

    David Allen Bullock cleared that up for me years ago with the 4 Letter Killer. Funny how the simplest things stick so well.

    Thanks again for taking the time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5702828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Ogbin
    Thank you so much for posting this, this is the logic that anyone must take it seriously to succeed.

    "Just because something doesn't do what you panned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."

    I did never give up even if my parents told me that I am insane and dreaming when they did tell me " Stop dreaming and live the reality, you are insane!"

    When I showed them the first check I received, they stopped talking about complaining for what I am doing.

    I believe that nothing is impossible except living forever.
    Signature
    Speedy Up - Jumping game that change your mood and put smile in your face :)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5705767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Isaiah Jackson
    Yes, Rob you got this one.

    This post actually was something I needed to read, now I just need to hear it from someone and I will be good to go.

    I was in the dumps recently and this and having a wonderful group of successful people was able to talk me out of getting out of the mind state I was in.

    Awesome post.
    Signature
    Controversial Free Report Reveals - Cutting Edged Strategy That Made $1,448 In 28 Days From A Tiny List Of 188 Subscribers. - Click Here For More Info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5713322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephenkidd
    Great post! I m 100% agree with your saying. I really searching for post like this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5714170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennisknows
    Originally Posted by ccmusicman View Post

    I Stopped buying products. I instead learned the secrets by doing, trying, failing, retrying, failing, retrying, succeeding
    Wow that is golden.. I've never been one of those guys that buys every product. I only bought one course and it was Yaro Staracks course on blogging.. Great course...

    What we have to do is learn how to look at sales pages as internet marketers and not as buyers.. If I end up on a top SEO bloggers page, I'm not just reading his content; I'm looking at tricks and stuff that's not obvious to the eye, that they are doing that I am not.

    I get emails from Frank Kern and that's how I learn NLP. What grabs my attention in his emails; i write it down...

    When you can pay attention to what others are doing and record it and use it later, then you have it..

    I was reading part of Dan Kennedy's amazing book the other day and it said when you write a sales letter, you're not trying to sell to the non-buyers. You want the people that are going to be sucked in with that first headline and then they'll read every word of the sales letter. that's who you write the sales letter for.. I was wondering why when I went to sales letters, i never read them.

    Because I was studying them; seeing what steps I needed to take when creating my own sales letter...

    That was a bit off subject but it's still all about self reliance.. You have to train yourself to not fall for slick marketing. If you buy something, buy because you really think you can use it for your online business; not because they sold you with the sales letter.

    I've failed so many times it's ridiculous. Tried everything to make money online.. Did some black hat stuff and some white hat stuff and no success. At the end of the day though, I never gave up..

    Every single time you try something, you have to have that same fire in your eye that you had when you first started; that confidence that you know it will work.

    If it doesn't, figure out what caused it not to work. If it can be tweaked, then tweak it and try again. If it was a total bust, oh well. on to the next. never get stuck on a failed attempt..

    Live with no regrets because regretting is wasting time thinking of ways to change the past...

    This post really brought the best out of me today.. Thanks ccmusicman. Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration and wisdom..
    Signature
    "May the optimism of your tomorrow fuel your drive for today"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5714312].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pex7
    Originally Posted by ccmusicman View Post

    Howdy folks!

    I stopped worrying about "failure." Instead, I knew it was going to happen and tried anyway.

    Rob
    This is the line that hits home the most for me. It takes no longer listening to friends, family, or the voices in your own head that tell you that you have failed because something you tried didn't work the first time.

    Society likes to romanticize people like sports heroes, rock star musicians saying they are "gifted, born with talent" etc.

    While some of that may be true, without exception everyone of those people worked their guts out to gain the skills they now have, and they failed many times along the way, but didn't give up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5714749].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rob Howard
      Originally Posted by pex7 View Post

      This is the line that hits home the most for me. It takes no longer listening to friends, family, or the voices in your own head that tell you that you have failed because something you tried didn't work the first time.

      Society likes to romanticize people like sports heroes, rock star musicians saying they are "gifted, born with talent" etc.

      While some of that may be true, without exception everyone of those people worked their guts out to gain the skills they now have, and they failed many times along the way, but didn't give up.
      Yes, I agree!

      And "failure" (meaning, things won't go right, will always happen. You, of course, will only fail if you give up) is bound to happen. Not everything will pan out.

      Campaigns will fail. Products will crash and burn. Traffic will never come.

      The fear of failure drives many people to never really do anything. It also prevents them from making decisions and going with it.

      If you let that fear control you, you'll never have success.

      Instead, realize that things WILL screw up - and instead, recognize that it's not the end of the world, you'll get it fixed, and learn from it.

      Rob
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5714771].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author PaulyC
        That was a great post and a really entertaining read!! It's funny how it happens, one day you just realize that you and only you have the control over your success or lack thereof!

        Thanks for posting!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5714823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikelukjaniec
    You've hit the nail on the head. Many people new to Internet Marketing get overawed by what they perceive are it's compexities. One major lesson I learned before I began to achieve some success was to have confidence in my abilities, start at the beginning and take it one step at at a time. In other words become the tortoise and not the rabbit!
    Signature

    Affiliate links are not allowed.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5714990].message }}

Trending Topics