What Tool Would you use to Check Thousands of Keywords Search Volume?

10 replies
Hi,

And I'm talking nearly 7,000 to be exact! Yes gathered from a large variety of sources. However now I'm needing to streamline my process in terms of checking the search volume with one tool.

So:
1) Does such a tool exist that will allow search volume to be checked for say up to 10,000 keywords?
2) I guess worst case scenario It would be ok to split it into bunch's of 1,000 but still not 100% ideal.

Look forward to you suggestions!

Thanks
#check #keywords #search #thousands #tool #volume
  • Profile picture of the author Martin Avis
    It used to be possible to analyze long lists like that, but Google really don't like automated software making so many hits on them in quick succession. Nowadays I don't know of any keyword tool that could reliably handle such a list.

    If it were me doing this, I would use the good old Google Adwords Keyword Tool. You can input up to 800 keywords at a time (provided you are logged in) and then export the results in a csv file. Your list of 10,000 should take very long that way.

    It isn't automated, but it works!

    Martin
    Signature
    Martin Avis publishes Kickstart Newsletter - Subscribe free at http://kickstartnewsletter.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5734222].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BethOconnell
      Originally Posted by Martin.Avis View Post

      It used to be possible to analyze long lists like that, but Google really don't like automated software making so many hits on them in quick succession. Nowadays I don't know of any keyword tool that could reliably handle such a list.

      If it were me doing this, I would use the good old Google Adwords Keyword Tool. You can input up to 800 keywords at a time (provided you are logged in) and then export the results in a csv file. Your list of 10,000 should take very long that way.

      It isn't automated, but it works!

      Martin
      Actually I just tried the Google Adwords Tool Signed in and it takes up to 2,500 keywords! That's using exact search and leaving closely related ideas unticked. I didn't think it took that many.

      Can anyone else confirm this at their end? In fairness you will need some sort of large keyword list to try!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5734263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    I am not sure if Market Samurai can handle that many but stil MS is a great bit of kit and is used every day on my comp :-)

    Danny
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5734226].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BethOconnell
      Originally Posted by Danny Cutts View Post

      I am not sure if Market Samurai can handle that many but stil MS is a great bit of kit and is used every day on my comp :-)

      Danny
      Sorry but I put MS in my trash can a long time ago. Not coming out anytime soon!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5734269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WhiteDove
    Market Samurai for sure...
    Signature

    Dianne
    WhiteDove
    War Room Member

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5734271].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carlrinde
    I still get good results with google keyword tools.
    Signature
    http://stoconvergemarketing.com Your online marketing resource
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5734391].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketingAce
    Originally Posted by BethOconnell View Post

    Hi,

    And I'm talking nearly 7,000 to be exact! Yes gathered from a large variety of sources. However now I'm needing to streamline my process in terms of checking the search volume with one tool.

    So:
    1) Does such a tool exist that will allow search volume to be checked for say up to 10,000 keywords?
    2) I guess worst case scenario It would be ok to split it into bunch's of 1,000 but still not 100% ideal.

    Look forward to you suggestions!

    Thanks
    No offense, but 7,000 keywords isn't really a lot at all and in fact is only about a fraction of what you should be gathering based on your niche. I have 44,432 keywords related to my niche in a csv right now that I'm trying to split into groups of 2,500 for the google adwords keyword tool.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shakir
    7k keywords !!!!, using many tools like rank checker plugin but not possible for bulk... all tools are sending query to SEs by 1 by 1. so for 7k will take hrs
    Signature
    Best Shared Hosting Reviews The best and real shared hosting review
    hostmonster review The best and top rated host's review
    ipage vs godaddy The best comparison between top hosts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6302775].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dragontech
    How about just several clicks?

    Just divide and input them into Google keyword tool several times and click "save all" each time.

    Finally click "download" and you'll be able to export all your "my keyword ideas" at once.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6305352].message }}

Trending Topics