I don't want to do it if it will hurt me, but I'm perfectly willing to do it if it will help me.
I'll share my pros and cons with you and you can help me decide, if that's OK with you.
I'll start with cons:
1. People will steal my ideas. Maybe, but I have a blog. It's a very personal thing. I'm sure there are hundreds of people doing it anyway. If they copy me - it's just more competition. Followers like you for your personality. You can't copy that!
2. People will use the same affiliate products. There are hundreds of affiliates out there already, using the same products. As per above, if people are visiting my blog, it won't matter anyway.
3. People will copy my articles. There will be some of that. They won't be able to become an authority in the niche if they just copy my content. They will be found out. If they aren't popular it won't do me damage anyway.
And the pros:
1. People can syndicate my articles using a bio box in my signature. More visitors.
2. People can see my work and ask me to guest blog. More visitors.
3. People can use my work as a portfolio. I can earn extra money writing articles.
4. People might become followers. More followers.
5. People might want to JV. More money.
6. People from warrior forum might link to my work. More followers.
7. People on warrior forum can get to know me. Building relationships. I'm a warrior for life.
What do you think? Any pros and cons I've missed? Is it a good idea?
Do the pros outweigh the cons?
Looking at it from a long term point of view, I am going to build this up into a superstar blog. Personally, in monetary terms, I will make this successful and the cons will be brushed aside, but I don't know if it's to soon to release my golden egg. It's nothing new though. Just good old me and my take on the world.
Thank you for listening and I look forward to your replies.
PS. I'm not in a niche, I'm tackling a market. A huge one, but with a twist.