Affiliate marketing makes my brain tickle.

13 replies
I just don't get it, call me slow but it just seems like if I were to start a website I wouldn't know where to go from there. I tried researching but I still don't get it, my niche is automotive but there are so many others it seems pointless if you're not intelligent sales/network wise.
#affiliate #brain #makes #marketing #tickle
  • Profile picture of the author RHert
    Sounds like you need to narrow your field. Some of the easiest ways to get sales is to do a site based on a specific type of automotive. You can do a bunch of these sites and link them together into one Mother site that will take you to all of them. Automotive is a broad field.
    Signature
    Copywriting at it's Best! - Tips and tricks to connect with your reader.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769494].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FootFire
      Originally Posted by RHert View Post

      Sounds like you need to narrow your field. Some of the easiest ways to get sales is to do a site based on a specific type of automotive. You can do a bunch of these sites and link them together into one Mother site that will take you to all of them. Automotive is a broad field.
      Yeah I know, but I kinda wanna do something that will make me money. Automotive is a hit and miss because only so many people own a specific type of vehicle, those people usually look for replacement parts, a handful look for aftermarket products which is what I would plan on doing but there is so many others out there it's pointless to compete.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769607].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jasonsc
        Originally Posted by FootFire View Post

        Yeah I know, but I kinda wanna do something that will make me money. Automotive is a hit and miss because only so many people own a specific type of vehicle, those people usually look for replacement parts, a handful look for aftermarket products which is what I would plan on doing but there is so many others out there it's pointless to compete.
        Something I remember a marketing lecturer saying over and over again is that you can't be all things to all people.

        A well chosen niche will make you money. You need to have a narrow scope but not too narrow. Check out Amazon, Clickbank or Commission Junction for some ideas. There's also a wealth of knowledge on this forum both for free or for a small price in the WSO section that can help you with learning about niches and affiliations.

        I'd advise joining the war room too ... best money I ever spent. So much information for such a small price! You won't regret it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5778638].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author robyna
          Since you're new at this I would advise being an Amazon affiliate. They're very easy to work with and make thing super simple. They have an entire automotive section just waiting to be promoted. You could select one product and build a small website around it or select a few similar products and build a larger website around them. It just depends on they type of site you want to build.

          The key is to take action. Even if you fail in your first try, give yourself props for trying. Take those lessons and try something else. So much of IM and really making money online is a trial and error. You're either learning from your mistakes or someone else's. I know very few people who didn't make some early in their career. Your fear shouldn't be in failing because there is too much competition. Your fear should be in failing because you didn't do anything.

          Find a business plan you like and stick with it for a year and you'll see results. Remember it's action that gets results.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5785146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RHert
    Sounds like you are a little down and need a pick me up. You should head over to the Mind Warriors section of the forums and read for a few minutes. It might help you feel better. If you still feel like this area is a waste of your time pick a different niche. If you don't feel like you can succeed in something you definitely won't.
    Signature
    Copywriting at it's Best! - Tips and tricks to connect with your reader.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fun to Write
    I'm giving you props for coming up with this great title.

    There are literally tons of product niches and products that you can choose to promote as an affiliate. Right now you're in a frustration mindset. Okay, so the automotive niche doesn't float your boat. Begin researching other options.

    You can go to Amazon, Commission Junction (CJ), Clickbank and other places to find profitable niches to promote digital or physical products. Pay attention to what your family and friends like to buy. Maybe you'll get inspired by that.

    You just need to find a niche topic that you find both enjoyable to create a website or blog about, and that has products that sell well. Think about how you can solve someone's problem.
    Signature

    Focus+Smart Work+Persistence=Success

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769693].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author FootFire
      Originally Posted by RHert View Post

      Sounds like you are a little down and need a pick me up. You should head over to the Mind Warriors section of the forums and read for a few minutes. It might help you feel better. If you still feel like this area is a waste of your time pick a different niche. If you don't feel like you can succeed in something you definitely won't.
      Thanks, I'll check that out right away.
      Originally Posted by Fun to Write View Post

      I'm giving you props for coming up with this great title.

      There are literally tons of product niches and products that you can choose to promote as an affiliate. Right now you're in a frustration mindset. Okay, so the automotive niche doesn't float your boat. Begin researching other options.

      You can go to Amazon, Commission Junction (CJ), Clickbank and other places to find profitable niches to promote digital or physical products. Pay attention to what your family and friends like to buy. Maybe you'll get inspired by that.

      You just need to find a niche topic that you find both enjoyable to create a website or blog about, and that has products that sell well. Think about how you can solve someone's problem.
      Thanks for the advice, this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for in a reply.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769782].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author FootFire
        Ah when I make my site, should my sites name be relevant to the product I'm selling or in that category? I was thinking up unique names due to the name availability.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5769830].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WriterWahm
          Originally Posted by FootFire View Post

          Ah when I make my site, should my sites name be relevant to the product I'm selling or in that category? I was thinking up unique names due to the name availability.
          Yeah, your sites name should as much as possible, be relevant to your niche. If all the good ones are taken, you could head over to the Google Keywords tool and put in your main keyword. It will come back with similar keywords which you can use in your domain name.

          About affiliate marketing? Check around for the type of product you would like to promote and contact the producers or distributors and ask if you can promote their product for a commission. What's the worst you will hear? NO. Then you move on to the next one.
          Signature

          PM me if you want a romantic fiction ghostwriter.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5770068].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author FootFire
            Originally Posted by WriterWahm View Post

            Yeah, your sites name should as much as possible, be relevant to your niche. If all the good ones are taken, you could head over to the Google Keywords tool and put in your main keyword. It will come back with similar keywords which you can use in your domain name.

            About affiliate marketing? Check around for the type of product you would like to promote and contact the producers or distributors and ask if you can promote their product for a commission. What's the worst you will hear? NO. Then you move on to the next one.

            Haha thanks, I appreciate the help. I'm still trying to figure out wtf I should sell yet.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5770258].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
              Banned
              Generally, you'd want a site's name to be relevant to the niche, not to an individual product, because that gives you more flexibility.

              What are the automotive products that people can buy online, on which you can earn commissions? It's a question for you to ask yourself, I think.

              I don't know the first thing about it, but there may be a good answer to that question. Without one fairly easily available/discoverable, it may not necessarily be the right niche for you.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5771228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iaffiliatehq
    Lots of good advice here in all the replies. One more tidbit - if you niche is automotive you may not want to restrict yourself to one make or model. There are a lot of automotive related web sites already. Perhaps you should look at offering GADGETS related to the automotive. There are loads of sources here and abroad that you can sign up for as an affiliate. (Google search)

    Did a quick check for domain using automotive and gadgets and discovered AutomotiveGadgets .com .net .info and .us are all available.......

    To Your Success!
    ----Maria
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5778468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DannyDisco
    Just keep reading, keep researching. All you can do is keep trying. Eventually, you will succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5778550].message }}

Trending Topics